Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist (94088 Views)

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / 22 Strange Animals You Probably Didn’t Know Exist / 25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
DAVE5:

Hmmnn... Bermuda Triangle... Remember wen we were in secondary skool some lying folks wld tell stories of the evils of d Bermuda and d occultic activities goin on dia... Now am grown I realize we actually believed a lot of crap dat wasn't even in existence... Jst a few rare occurrence datz totally explainable by science
he show self gan say you be alien on your own.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by hUmaneOne: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
3KINGZ18:
cod4:mw in the mission all ghillied up ryt

Yeah..

Especially the fight along the ferris wheel in the playground..my hardest fight on cod4

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by 3KINGZ18: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Yeah..

Especially the fight along the ferris wheel in the playground..my hardest fight on cod4
i see you
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by vislabraye(m): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Total of how many places have i mentioned? Lets see who was really following....

You try. I no fit sleep. grin
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by hentech911: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
It's all about dead bodies.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by cyber5(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
Me sef dey plan to goto Earth v2 tongue
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by borntosuccess(m): 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
very educative,although a little bit scary especially the chapel of bones and suicide forest
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Molahnelson(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
This is mind blowing cool lipsrsealed This is mind blowing cool

2 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by beadaholic(f): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Hope am not wasting my Mb do i have people following this thread? if yes pls can i get some likes so i can continue....thanks...

As long as u have included snakes lalasticlala the snake mod will move it

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Molahnelson(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
beadaholic:

As long as u have included snakes lalasticlala the snake mod will move it

I concur
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Osun Sacred Grove

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osun-Osogbo)

The origin and story of Osun festival started over 700 years ago when a group of settlers led by one great hunter Olutimehin, settled at the bank of the river to escape the famine in their former dwelling place. Osun, the water goddess was said to have appeared to Olutimehin and requested him and his group to move up some bit to higher ground – the present Osogbo town.

Osun revealed herself to be the goddess of the grove and of the river and pledged to protect the group and make their women fruitful if only they would offer the annual sacrifice to her in return. The group agreed and vowed to sacrifice annually to the goddess if she would honour her vows

The Arugba (Calabash carrier) is the key feature of the Osun Osogbo festival. She is a votary virgin (a cultural version of the Virgin Mary) who bears the Osun calabash on her head; the calabash contains sacrifice materials to appease and worship the Osun goddess or river. The Arugba is not only seen as a virgin maid any longer, she is regarded a goddess herself and people make prayers and cast all their problems on her as she bears the calabash and passes on to lead the people to the river

After a lot of thinking and research i wanted the 29 and 30th to be here in nigeria...Oyinbo people should not think that they are the only people with scary stuffs...

Pls the next Osun Oshogbo festival Nigerian president should go and cast all our problems on the arugba... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by cartermatic(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Deejacy2:
I love Paranormal stuffs too, I love to read about them, maybe cos I love horror movies

There's even one about Ghost Hunting duo Ed and Lorraine Warrein who assist people whose homes are tormented by ghosts

These are real life stories
I love those creepy stuff too...You're talking about THE CONJURING, right? Its indeed a real life story. I LOVE AND WATCH ONLY HORROR MOVIES!!
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kentochi(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
what a life
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Luckylife(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
Very interesting thread I love scary and horror movies . Am still waiting to watch any horror movies that will give me sleepless night. Any body that can tell me the most scary and horror film that I need to watch.

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by daamazing(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
AyamConfidence:
Ayobo Lagos State....a very tiny town in the suburbs of Lagos that does not have any good road and can be assessed from different states ....I will upload pics of our bad road later
grin I hail o
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
cartermatic:

I love those creepy stuff too...You're talking about THE CONJURING, right? Its indeed a real life story. I LOVE AND WATCH ONLY HORROR MOVIES!!
Yes ohh I love Conjuring 1 and 2 cheesy, what site do you download your horror movies?
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Dexema(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Poveglia, Italy

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poveglia)

Known as “Plague Island”, Poveglia was a place of forced quarantine for plague victims from 1793 to 1814 that numbered about 160,000. Their mass graves are still there. Perhaps even more morbid, the island would later be home to a mental hospital whose doctor did strange experiments on patients before killing himself because he said he was being haunted by ghosts
could this be the inspiration behind Leonardo di caprio's "the island "?
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by suteco16: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
K
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Dexema(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
Deejacy2:
I love Paranormal stuffs too, I love to read about them, maybe cos I love horror movies

There's even one about Ghost Hunting duo Ed and Lorraine Warrein who assist people whose homes are tormented by ghosts

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Dexema(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
ManTiger:
Why is Okija not on the list now? This is racism grin grin grin
I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Dexema(m): 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
3KINGZ18:
lagos dey advanced warfare
Sorry? Advanced warfare or Modern warfare?
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by 3KINGZ18: 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Dexema:

Sorry? Advanced warfare or Modern warfare?
advanced warfare i think mission 2 or 3
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by girlhaley(f): 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
dacovajnr:
Wayray re ooooo cheesy grin
Ah swear....na authentic wayray
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by muhamadnur: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Beelitz-Heilstätten Hospital – Germany

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelitz)

This terrifying old hospital treated Hitler for a time. Enough said.
i see no reason this being here, treating hitler is no news because he,s liable
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Adamsee: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
seenter84:
Drop it now
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by law001(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
30. FEDERAL REPOBRIC OF NIGAREA

A country haunted by a 73 year old ghost.

4 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by THUNDER4real(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
law001:
30. FEDERAL REPOBRIC OF NIGAREA

A country hunted by a 73 year old ghost.
The ghost is older than 73yrs , the ghost doesn't even know it's age as the ghost doesn't even have certificate to tell it's real age...

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by law001(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
THUNDER4real:
The ghost is older than 73yrs , the ghost doesn't even know it's age as the ghost doesn't even have certificate to tell it's real age...

grin
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by SANCHEZH1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Deejacy2:

i av nt seen any lady who love tins like dis...i love dem too... U my dot on i.. I think m in love with u

2 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kunlegboye(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
@op What about Mandrakes?...The mandrake has a human shape root below in the ground,whoever tried to uproot would hear scream of the the mandrake which would murder him/her,...The young Mandrake would only knock the person down and remained unconscious for several hours!!!....weird!!!
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by aalangel(f): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
People keep stealing my posts on this Nairaland.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Molahnelson(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
kunlegboye:
@op What about Mandrakes?...The mandrake has a human shape root below in the ground,whoever tried to uproot would hear scream of the the mandrake which would murder him/her,...The young Mandrake would only knock the person down and remained unconscious for several hours!!!....weird!!!

P.S. more about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.