Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist (94089 Views)

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / 22 Strange Animals You Probably Didn’t Know Exist / 25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sorry is this one of those post? talk ooooooo

aalangel:
People keep stealing my posts on this Nairaland.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Cannonleo(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
PRIPYAT GHOST TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost Town sounds Spoooky right? wont want to be lost here at night o!!!!!!!

The town of almost 50,000 was quickly evacuated in the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster which was nearby. Visit their famed amusement park, and you’ll come back glowing!

The 50,000 residents of Pripyat - now a ghost town - were evacuated in a major government operation starting the day after the catastrophe, on April 27. Now more than 25 years after the city was emptied, it stands untouched from the day everyone left.

people with this our current economy he no go better make we relocate go there so?

You can read more on the ghost town here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pripyat

if u wan port go priypiat make sure u obtain a lot of radiation suits,gas masks nd mobile geiger counters unless nah die
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by 23Emerald: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
So educating. Thank you
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by lexxwiz(m): 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Bermuda Triangle.

Had to share this with you guys.. Scary I tell you.

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is a loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The vicinity of the Bermuda Triangle is one of the most heavily traveled shipping lanes in the world, with ships frequently crossing through it for ports in the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean islands. Cruise ships and pleasure craft regularly sail through the region, and commercial and private aircraft routinely fly over it.

According to the US Navy, the triangle does not exist,[1] and the name is not recognized by the US Board on Geographic Names. Popular culture has attributed various disappearances to the paranormal or activity by extraterrestrial beings. Documented evidence indicates that a significant percentage of the incidents were spurious, inaccurately reported, or embellished by later authors.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by whitecloth: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
aalangel:
I've checked your post also, it nice but don't forget, you stole it from someone's site also and besides the OP post is more elaborate than yours.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by macaranta(m): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
cool
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by whitecloth: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Hope am not wasting my Mb do i have people following this thread? if yes pls can i get some likes so i can continue....thanks...
You didn't waste the MB bro, nice thread.

Finally front page.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by aalangel(f): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
whitecloth:

I've checked your post also, it nice but don't forget, you stole it from someone's site also and besides the OP post is more elaborate than yours.

I'm always the first to post it first on Nairaland. I've refused and will never shout all those names they shout to make front-page. People still read.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Irishrena1(f): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Subway System – Cincinnati, Ohio

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Subway)

The Queen City tried to build a subway system, but ran out of funding in the 90’s. An eerie system of half-built tunnels and abandoned subway cars are now found throughout the city.

The subway project was scrapped without a single train ever having run. The debt incurred by the project wasn't fully paid until 1966, at a cost of $13 million--in addition to the lives of several workers. According to someone who e-mailed me, the subway is said to be haunted by the ghosts of the dead workmen. The only thing remotely resembling the paranormal which occurred while we were travelling through the subway happened when we were about a mile in; in the middle of a sentence we both heard a "shhh" sound, like someone shushing us. Creepy, but then again we heard lots of noises coming from traffic overhead.

I thought it was only in Naija we had abandoned projects....
Lol. Amaechi's monorail
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by abhanz(m): 12:20am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice one man!
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by old2boy(m): 3:37am On Sep 16, 2016
Cool and educative.
good research
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by firstolalekan(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2016
kolaa007:
Subway System – Cincinnati, Ohio

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Subway)

The Queen City tried to build a subway system, but ran out of funding in the 90’s. An eerie system of half-built tunnels and abandoned subway cars are now found throughout the city.

The subway project was scrapped without a single train ever having run. The debt incurred by the project wasn't fully paid until 1966, at a cost of $13 million--in addition to the lives of several workers. According to someone who e-mailed me, the subway is said to be haunted by the ghosts of the dead workmen. The only thing remotely resembling the paranormal which occurred while we were travelling through the subway happened when we were about a mile in; in the middle of a sentence we both heard a "shhh" sound, like someone shushing us. Creepy, but then again we heard lots of noises coming from traffic overhead.

I thought it was only in Naija we had abandoned projects....
grin
Drunkard grin
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2016
Aalangel sorry but i have to say this you are just trying to be relevant with what you just posted.. have gone through your profile and your post on nairaland there is no way what i have on this thread is similar to what you have on your thread...people just open there mouth and make unnecessary accusation...what you have on your thread is...(Are They The Shortest Tribe In The World? - Travel - Nairaland) how is this similar to my thread...Abi my people pls help me judge this case.....Cos am being accused of theft here and like Fela said I no be thief ooo!!!!!!

aalangel:
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2016
Gracias Thanks for the encouragement....

old2boy:
Cool and educative.
good research

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2016
What brand of liquor? grin

firstolalekan:

grin
Drunkard grin
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2016
Comments like this encourage me to do more.... cheesy

abhanz:
Nice one man!
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2016
No be for my thread them go hear say Teacher's husband is dead!!!!!!!!! grin me no join hand for this matter....

Irishrena1:

Lol. Amaechi's monorail
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by whitecloth: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2016
aalangel:

I'm always the first to post it first on Nairaland. I've refused and will never shout all those names they shout to make front-page. People still read.
Hi,

I just checked through your post and topics, am wowed and really impressed, keep it up, forget the issue of front page or not, concerning the issue of post piracy just let it go, you're the John the baptist of Educative Thread.

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for coming to my rescue she is comparing a lion to a Dog..... grin....they two different animals....

aalangel:

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:55am On Sep 16, 2016
Yes bro finally!!! with help from people like you that was achieved.....

whitecloth:

You didn't waste the MB bro, nice thread.

Finally front page.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2016
This is very educative thanks.....me and you should go on a quest to ascertain if its a myth or not.... grin....but na you go pay for the trip oooo....abi make we ask people to donate....

lexxwiz:
The Bermuda Triangle.

Had to share this with you guys.. Scary I tell you.

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is a loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The vicinity of the Bermuda Triangle is one of the most heavily traveled shipping lanes in the world, with ships frequently crossing through it for ports in the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean islands. Cruise ships and pleasure craft regularly sail through the region, and commercial and private aircraft routinely fly over it.

According to the US Navy, the triangle does not exist,[1] and the name is not recognized by the US Board on Geographic Names. Popular culture has attributed various disappearances to the paranormal or activity by extraterrestrial beings. Documented evidence indicates that a significant percentage of the incidents were spurious, inaccurately reported, or embellished by later authors.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for reading like your username thats the pet name for my Angel....Emerald grin

23Emerald:
So educating. Thank you
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 10:01am On Sep 16, 2016
We nigerians dont need all that we a though jare.....we can survive anywhere grin

Cannonleo:
if u wan port go priypiat make sure u obtain a lot of radiation suits,gas masks nd mobile geiger counters unless nah die
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2016
Tell us more about it....we are all learning here....

Molahnelson:

P.S. more about it
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by ademasta(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2016
Harinholar:
...... grin Ademasta of life
Bae of life grin #teamHarinholarAdemasta
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by aalangel(f): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2016
whitecloth:

Hi,

I just checked through your post and topics, am wowed and really impressed, keep it up, forget the issue of front page or not, concerning the issue of post piracy just let it go, you're the John the baptist of Educative Thread.

Thank you. It's a hobby and a profession so I won't stop. Thanks again.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by aalangel(f): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
kolaa007:
Aalangel sorry but i have to say this you are just trying to be relevant with what you just posted.. have gone through your profile and your post on nairaland there is no way what i have on this thread is similar to what you have on your thread...people just open there mouth and make unnecessary accusation...what you have on your thread is...(Are They The Shortest Tribe In The World? - Travel - Nairaland) how is this similar to my thread...Abi my people pls help me judge this case.....Cos am being accused of theft here and like Fela said I no be thief ooo!!!!!!

I don't even know what to say to you. Obviously, you didn't go through my profile thoroughly. When I'm ready for añ epistle, I'll write you.

I don't know when "you" became "people".
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Irishrena1(f): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
kolaa007:

No be for my thread them go hear say Teacher's husband is dead!!!!!!!!! grin me no join hand for this matter....

cheesy cheesy lol
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
kolaa007:
Catacombs of Paris

The network of tunnels under the City of Lights is over 200 miles long and is home to an estimated over 6 million bodies. Some parts of the catacombs are open to the public as an official museum, but other sections are off limits, yet are visited illegally by thousands of curious tourists and local troublemakers.

Paris, the capital of France, is often called La Ville Lumière (meaning ‘The City of Light’), however, beneath this bustling European city of 12 million people, lies a dark subterranean world holding the remains of 6 million of its former inhabitants. These are the Paris Catacombs: a network of old caves, quarries and tunnels stretching hundreds of miles, and seemingly lined with the bones of the dead.

White people dont like to waste anything from renewable energy to recycling....Now using of bones to create this.....

Yeah i knw dis one
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
kolaa007:
This is very educative thanks.....me and you should go on a quest to ascertain if its a myth or not.... grin....but na you go pay for the trip oooo....abi make we ask people to donate....

I blv its not a myth watched a couple of reality documentaries on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.