Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,415 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) (40278 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by wellstryme(m): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2016
Go and ask Patience,the woman is business minded she will help you in spending that money wisely
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Ty207: 7:03am On Sep 16, 2016
budget 700m for standard hotel in lagos
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by freshvine(f): 7:04am On Sep 16, 2016
Isi onye ocha ada la
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by donchi5050(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2016
@ gimakon give me a shout....@ 07010542061....for us to relate better, thanks and cheers
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by longerthroat(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2016
The cost of land in a good place here in Awka ( UNIZIK TEMP SITE) is around 9/10 million a plot, can be negotiated. but hotel business is really booming in Awka. I know certified land Agents to help you out. no body can accertain the cost of building, because it has to work with the plan and size of the building. I will offer more help if you need. cheers
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Valjinn(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2016
My brother, Awka in Anambra state will be very ideal for that, lands are not that costly, 500m to 600m will do the magic comfortably. A friend just finished his, you can whatsapp me for more details like best locations tips on lands / prices and better locations 08152156060

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by CzarChris(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2016
freshvine:
Isi onye ocha ada la
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Girl you funny, no more igbuozu na high sea.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by legendte(m): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2016
Think home Bro. I don't know why you chose Anambra. If you want safety and quick ROI you have to consider Owerri and Enugu.
Only roadside contractors will give estimate of an imaginary project.
Do one thing at a time. Feasibility study should be the first thing. Consider location, history and how fast the area is developing. Get land and approval before you start thinking about the rest. It is a rigorous path that you have to take.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 7:24am On Sep 16, 2016
masterpower:
If you are an Igbo, i advise you not to build it in lagos.

Go to Enugu, Owerri, Nnewi, Önitsha, Aba.

Take my advise and you will be glad you did.

Those places you mentioned are now ghost towns because of the recession.

Lagos is recession proof, testament to the growing population.

Location means everything when venturing into leisure and tourism and opportunities are more where people are more.

Lagos is definitely ideal for constructing hotels owing its fluctuating economy. Unlike other states that can stagnate due to FG fiscal policies, Lasgidi is pretty much independent and self sufficient. Lagos State pays its civil staff and retention rate is among the highest in the country. Those are the kind of indicators you should be looking at.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by romeoetin(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2016
Owerri n hostel bizness tho sad
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by aliumik: 7:30am On Sep 16, 2016
I need this info cos very soon,I will b building my Hotel
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Doug07034780891(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2016
You Imolites are bunch of hopeless people. I am even wondering why the OP touched Owerri or Imo state for that matter because any hotel sited there will only be invaded by prostitutes as the state's economic mainstay is prostitution and chalet.

There is equally security challenges in Imo state. These official reports below proves that much. There is militancy and herdsmen attacks in the state too. Imo state is a no go area for any form of investment that's why even Imolites rather invest outside than in their state.

Op, focus on Anambra, Enugu, Lagos and any other SE state for genuine and quick income coupled with security guarantee.

legendte:
Think home Bro. I don't know why you chose Anambra. If you want safety and quick ROI you have to consider Owerri and Enugu.
Only roadside contractors will give estimate of an imaginary project.
Do one thing at a time. Feasibility study should be the first thing. Consider location, history and how fast the area is developing. Get land and approval before you start thinking about the rest. It is a rigorous path that you have to take.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by awakeuche(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2016
I am a structural engineer, and just completed a hotel of 23 rooms all ensuite in eleme port harcourt, the price range in the boq was roughly 160 million to 200 million, land cost not included. Building a hotel in and around port harcourt is the new deal right now and it is way cheaper than building in lagos, i could do a rough estimation for your client if i get a survey plan of the land. You may follow my handle if you wish to make contact, below is the completed detached 2 storey building of the hotel precisely at akpajo in eleme, port harcourt.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Abolaji84(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2016
it depends on the location of the hotel. Lagos is more expensive than owerri and anambra. you need land of 2plot 80m by 40m for 40rooms hotel. It will be a storey building Architectural fee is #120k, structural design fee is #150k, BEME is #50k. M and E will cost #130k for both. Total design fee is #450k. If interested you can contact 08057582306 or 07061293754 ECMC ENGINEERS LTD. A CONSULTING FIRM. YOU CAN CHECK OUR WEB ECMC ENGINEERS
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by adebaxton(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2016
1st: Step choose a specific location.
2nd: Specifications: Swimming Pool, Parking Space, Recreational Areas and the numbers of rooms to be sited in the proposed structure.
3rd: Engage a team of Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Structural Engineer and Builder.
4th: Allow the Architect provide a drawing with reference to your specification in the 2nd step.
5th: The Q.S and Builder can now provide a BOQ and Estimate Respectively.
6th: Scrutinize material needed as specified.
7th: Go for Building Plan Approval
8th: Good to go.

For consultation and service.

Reach Us: 08058307787
Email: access2m@yahoo.com
access2m@hotmail.com
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2016
oyb:
Far too little information.
Has he even got land to build on?

A successful hotel will have to be located within well developed parts of the city.
Land in Lagos is at a premium, so that on its own is already at least a hundred

Consultants architect, structural engineer, m&e, qs, another 10 or more. This is not a bungalow, so you can't go the baba Mufu route

Approvals. Regulation is very big in Lagos, survey plan C of O, LASBCA, and the right person in lands to confirm its not govt acquisition etc

Foundation if it's swampy land, you re in for it
Building costs will depend on the quality of hotel. How many stars are you looking at? Hotel will cost another 200 to 300 million or more.

I am assuming it's a hotel proper, not a short time lodge, in which case you can throw all this out the window. Note that inflation means wild cost fluctuations.

You must also do your feasibility study. Some are telling you it must be in the east. How many high brow hotels are in the east and how are they doing? A hotel in a civil service state is a white elephant. Look at bayelsa .

Man are you Quoting from Patience Jonathan's cook book for laundering?

Building a hotel does not have to cost more than 100 mill including land price.

Lagos still has cheap land on main roads.

Star rating is not really a lagos thing unless one is targeting the extremely wealthy and ostentatious, which is already a saturated and competitive market...

A hotelier can get by by attracting the local population in a cosmopolitan area, which Lagos has many of.

Land 2 plots - 30m
Building (exterior/interior) - 50m
Power (generator, transformer, Inverter) 10m
Running costs (awareness, stock, amenities, dj for 1 yr) - 10m

2 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:49am On Sep 16, 2016
No one can give u a definitive cost, all u'll see here are unguarded guess. Do the right thing bro!

Get ur prototype of the hotel ready, consult and Architect for the design of the hotel, then aquire the land, then u can now meet a quantity surveyor for exact price of the hotel and other accessories it requires.

And cost will be dependent on the quality u want. U can spend from 200m to 1billion naira depending on the kind of facilities u want.

PM me for further discussions, it's my field of expertise.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by ik4life: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

- a good place where he can get a good piece of land
- like how many square meters (size of the land)
- price range to expect when making purchases for the piece of land.
- he wants to have a hotel of say 40 - 45 rooms.

Now he's asking the total cost (land + construction + expenses to be made)

Estimates, like how much could he be letting down for this kind of project.
Their is a four empty plot of land along Onitsha-Asaba road just after God is good park suitable for building a hotel,u can contact me if u are interested. I advise u to come to asaba if u want to build a hotel instead of anambra
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Dejiih001(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2016
masterpower:

What if am not Igbo?
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Frankgoz(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2016
OP your question is a bit vague no reasonable professional will come online to give u rough estimate for such an ambiguous concept. You want to build a hotel, the first question hia is what's the scope? ......... say 2 storeyed with 35 suites, swimming pool, fitness Centre etc. If answered, then I may come in to give a rough round up.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by klevotino: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

alrite if may say lagos is a very good location to site an hotel, now determines of the area that it will site may determine a focast cash that can be spend. imagen the price of land in this location : ikoyi, lekki, vi, ajax that are close to road, while some other area are not advice able. but in Apapa, i doubt if he can get land there but very sure he could get building close to road like two or three and build a something unique that is not within the environment and i tell you he will smile to his account within some years if he has good manager. but for advise take a visit to some of the hotel around some local government and feed your eye to have inside of recent design. emoney has a hotel in apapa call charity, and the place is doing well. so do your feasibility study, and udukwa has hotel in almost every localgov. in lag and he is making it. imaging just one person has more than 15 hotel in within Ajeromi ifelodun, and Apapa. and all is hotel is doing fine. visit has many hotel and after all your research you will have good structure plan to follow.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by skup008(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2016
masterpower:

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 16, 2016
muhakeem:
Any amount, dependinq on how you want it to look like

Lol.. Ur right man. Brothel or charlet, is still a hotel
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2016
NotComplaining:

Man are you Quoting from Patience Jonathan's cook book for laundering?

Building a hotel does not have to cost more than 100 mill including land price.

Lagos still has cheap land on main roads.

Star rating is not really a lagos thing unless one is targeting the extremely wealthy and ostentatious, which is already a saturated and competitive market...

A hotelier can get by by attracting the local population in a cosmopolitan area, which Lagos has many of.

Land 2 plots - 30m
Building (exterior/interior) - 50m
Power (generator, transformer, Inverter) 10m
Running costs (awareness, stock, amenities, dj for 1 yr) - 10m

The hotel has 40rooms that's at least 3kva load requirements per room that's 120kva. That does not include load for kitchen, laundry, dining, conference, gym, etc. You are easily looking at minimum load of 250kva. Duty and standby gen, 300kva transformer, 70kva ups, all for 10 million? You think hotels are all about short time? Or entertainment centers?

You say land is cheap in some parts of Lagos. Where is the sense in siting a hotel in iyana ipaja or Ikorodu? What turnover are you expecting?

A high quality duplex will set you back 8 to 10 million, and you think you can build a 40 room hotel for 50m?

This is how project costs balloon out of control because of unrealistic projections.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by nkemdi89(f): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

Pm me for guidance as long as owerri is concerned .
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by scorpio2013: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2016
Less furnishings and external works, btw 48-50m excluding cost of land and gen
gimakon:

Of course yes, that's what I even advised him. And he traveled with flight, first light today.

Any ideas? Estimates?
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

For a hotel of 40-45 rooms, you will need a mininum of 10 plots of land. Standard Nigerian plots are 100 by 50 feet. A plot in a good location in a state capital will dfinitely cost 5 to N10m per plot. Lagos will cost more.

Then you have these headings to consider and estimates.

1. Land N100m

2. Approval costs(location dependent) N20-N40m

3. The construction cost N400m

4. Furnishing N100m

That is N650m..

The construction cost will vary by the design of your hotel.

If you dont have N500m ( at least 1m dollars ) down, dont start this project.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Chukazu: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2016
why hotel, why not build industry for manufacturing.
everywhere is saturated with hotel.
people are more interested in leisure than productive venture
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2016
oyb:

The hotel has 40rooms that's at least 3kva load requirements per room that's 120kva. That does not include load for kitchen, laundry, dining, conference, gym, etc. You are easily looking at minimum load of 250kva. Duty and standby gen, 300kva transformer, 70kva ups, all for 10 million? You think hotels are all about short time? Or entertainment centers?

You say land is cheap in some parts of Lagos. Where is the sense in siting a hotel in iyana ipaja or Ikorodu? What turnover are you expecting?

A high quality duplex will set you back 8 to 10 million, and you think you can build a 40 room hotel for 50m?

This is how project costs balloon out of control because of unrealistic projections.

Those projections are on the high side..

Managing power is an essential facet of hotel management. Although, it is hopeful that all rooms are occupied from the onset, it is rather idealistic. Power generation should be scalable. Generators can be changed to reflect energy consumption. Buying a high end generator without the fact sheets is naive in my huble opinion and wasteful. Money can be pumped into more immediate concerns that affect consumer reception.

Hotels are not judged by number of rooms but rather by the volume of people using its facilities.

I have been to hotels with 50 rooms and only 10 occupied. Imagine the accruing costs from fueling and mainting a gen set with a 250kva capacity, see now that waste can be mitigated during the early stages?

"Land in Yana Ipaja" is inconsequential. Its really about the flow of traffic that matters and not the name of the area, as long as security is guaranteed.

Location can make or break a hotel.

Some hotels in Lagos make high revenues but little to no profit because of mismanagement and wrong priorities.

4 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by VNOS(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2016
beautiful232:
that a whole lot of money

But let him firstly know the kind of hotel he want to put up

as for the land,when his done with the planing,he should let me know

So we go into the price of the land

#Asap

Hello there, You deal on lands in Lagos?
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by proeast(m): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

Owerri, the Las Vegas of Nigeria is your best option, despite the reccession and hundreds of hotels in the city, they are mostly fully booked on weekends. If you need a suitable location/land, you can contact us at Galaxy Properties, 134 Douglas road, Opp Sunic Fastfood or call 08068198016.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by zuma4k(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

I'd suggest he builds in PH, and I can help with almost everything you'll need (but it all depends on the budget) say 300m for a start because of inflation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Building A New 6 Bedroom Duplex, A Diary. / Landlord Throws Tenant's Child Down From A Storey Building In NDU Amassoma / Suspicious Looking Fence To A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.