Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) (40186 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by flakkybaby: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2016
Contact me for your electrical, machanical and cctv installations. I pray GOD give you the best location in JESUS NAME. AMEN
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by proeast(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
You Imolites are bunch of hopeless people. I am even wondering why the OP touched Owerri or Imo state for that matter because any hotel sited there will only be invaded by prostitutes as the state's economic mainstay is prostitution and chalet.

There is equally security challenges in Imo state. These official reports below proves that much. There is militancy and herdsmen attacks in the state too. Imo state is a no go area for any form of investment that's why even Imolites rather invest outside than in their state.

Op, focus on Anambra, Enugu, Lagos and any other SE state for genuine and quick income coupled with security guarantee.

I dont think you are alright & that is putting it mildly! Bro, ignorance is not bliss & half education is worse than illiteracy. Talking about ROI, op your best bet is Owerri, Lagos & Enugu. Anambra is out of the equation except you want to invest based on emotion & sentiment but that is not good for business!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by flakkybaby: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2016
Contact me for your electrical, machanical and cctv installations. I pray GOD give you the best location in JESUS NAME. AMEN 08103582997, 08036224122,
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2016
oyb:

This is how project costs balloon out of control because of unrealistic projections.

My guy act local think global. Starting big does not equal finishing big. Big dreams begin with footsteps. Big startups always lag behind grassroot small startups.

I can complete this project with 100m (with =<20% increased inflation margin) budget and turn around profit in 6 to 1 yr months, returning investment 3 yrs.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Emmyemmy1: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2016
I base in Owerri ...he can call numbers on my signature....I will run the ground errands for him...and help liase with whoever it concerns.... and help get him possible and viable locations ....such as world bank, portharcourt road, Onitsha road, Concord avenue etc
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Doug07034780891(m): 9:44am On Sep 16, 2016
Imo state is totally should not be mentioned at all as the state is not only poor but filled with poorly paid civil servants who are owed all year round thereby making the state useless. The state does not have any economic worth except for cheap brothels that litters the state filled with commercial se.x hawkers. You can't invest in such a state that has nothing to it's name except you want to invest based on the fact you are from there and face the loss, even sane Imolites rather take their investments outside the state than investing in the state because they know this truth. Above all the state is such an insecure state where people's lives and properties are threatened daily by herdsmen attacks, militancy coupled with the ever rising poverty in the state.

For suitable and enduring investment any sane person will always look towards Anambra, Lagos, Rivers, Enugu and other SE states but definitely not Imo state.

Come out from your skewed impoverished mindset and start facing reality for once..

proeast:
I dont think you are alright & that is putting it mildly! Bro, ignorance is not bliss & half education is worse than illiteracy. Talking about ROI, op your best bet is Owerri, Lagos & Enugu. Anambra is out of the equation except you want to invest based on emotion & sentiment but that is not good for business!!
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2016
NotComplaining:

Those projections are on the high side..

Managing power is an essential facet of hotel management. Although, it is hopeful that all rooms are occupied from the onset, it is rather idealistic. Power generation should be scalable. Generators can be changed to reflect energy consumption. Buying a high end generator without the fact sheets is naive in my huble opinion and wasteful. Money can be pumped into more immediate concerns that affect consumer reception.

Hotels are not judged by number of rooms but rather by the volume of people using its facilities.

I have been to hotels with 50 rooms and only 10 occupied. Imagine the accruing costs from fueling and mainting a gen set with a 250kva capacity, see now that waste can be mitigated during the early stages?

"Land in Yana Ipaja" is inconsequential. Its really about the flow of traffic that matters and not the name of the area, as long as security is guaranteed.

Location can make or break a hotel.

Some hotels in Lagos make high revenues but little to no profit because of mismanagement and wrong priorities.

If one expects occupancy of 10, one should build accordingly. The op stated 40 room capacity on his first post. Why would one build a facility with expectation of 25% use? That's already a waste of resources.

Areas in Lagos with cheap land are not built up. Why would you site a hotel in an underdeveloped area? How does that fit in with location?

It really depends on the principals financing and business plan. Who his hotel is catering to, business tourists, cheating spouses, vacationers, or trainings. Without that all of this is speculation.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2016
NotComplaining:

My guy act local think global. Starting big does not equal finishing big. Big dreams begin with footsteps. Big startups always lag behind grassroot small startups.

I can complete this project with 100m (with =<20% increased inflation margin) budget and turn around profit in 6 to 1 yr months, returning investment 3 yrs.

Thats called champagne on beer budget. If you actually finish, you will spend the next two years correctimg the flaws that come with cut rate construction.

A successful hotel is a high use area. Buy cheap or low end materials and you will go broke on Maintenance costs
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 16, 2016
Is hotel nd tourism really a booming business??! Probably not.....Quite a good investment tho. I would rather venture into something more worthwhile.
Y not advise ur friend to use such money to have a farm, he would also have his industry where most of his farm produce are taken to and are being processed to other products.
Money comes from export of farm produce and also from export of his industrial goods. And u'ld see ur industry growing bigger and competing with other top industries too.
My candid opinion tho...
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2016
oyb:

If one expects occupancy of 10, one should build accordingly. The op stated 40 room capacity on his first post. Why would one build a facility with expectation of 25% use? That's already a waste of resources.

Areas in Lagos with cheap land are not built up. Why would you site a hotel in an underdeveloped area? How does that fit in with location?

It really depends on the principals financing and business plan. Who his hotel is catering to, business tourists, cheating spouses, vacationers, or trainings. Without that all of this is speculation.

Maybe as a hotel marketer you believe standing outside the gates, grabbing pedestrians by the arm is the most effective way of selling your brand. I disagree. Number of rooms does not determine usage and should not determine energy requirement, unless you have a grand plan to start biggg. Again I disagree. A healthy business is one that flutuates during the seasons and logical forecasts can be made about.

Hotels are by defautl a seasonal leisure. You will have extreme highs and extreme lows irrespective of investment.

Going strong and then later realising that you are only as strong as your weakest link, meaning you are artificially strong; putting faith in high spending, is not viable. A hotel has to incorporate the possibility of a recession, where lending is caped and customers will ultimately reduce despite having 45 rooms.

My guy dont denigrate location, be open. Some areas that lack exposure can make for better markets than areas wherin residents are exposed, finicky and hard to please.
That is why being scalable is important. Scale the hotel according to patronage.

Unless one decides to build in a restrictive areas, hotels are for the general population, which includes all the above.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by beautiful232(f): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2016
VNOS:

Hello there, You deal on lands in Lagos?

not me..but my big friend
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NotComplaining: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2016
oyb:

Thats called champagne on beer budget. If you actually finish, you will spend the next two years correctimg the flaws that come with cut rate construction.

A successful hotel is a high use area. Buy cheap or low end materials and you will go broke on Maintenance costs

Avoid mistakes by buying in bulk from dealers that can negotiate. Sometimes you might not save money on the materials but you can on the logistics.

A good developer knows where to cut costs. Labor is the best area to cut costs. Nigeria has many skilled youths that are unemployed.

Unless you intend to build each of the 45 rooms as a luxury condo, believe you me, you can complete a 3 floor luxury hotel with 50 to 60 mill (inclusive of inflation).

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by sekundosekundo: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2016
Fadelex:

the cost will vary, does he want a trademark design for all the hotels? he needs to get the plots in a strategic location first, then get an architect to design it. after this a quantity surveyor to prepare bill of quantities, then I can come in as a builder... pm me for further discussion

Show me the ones you don build
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

- a good place where he can get a good piece of land
- like how many square meters (size of the land)
- price range to expect when making purchases for the piece of land.
- he wants to have a hotel of say 40 - 45 rooms.

Now he's asking the total cost (land + construction + expenses to be made)

Estimates, like how much could he be letting down for this kind of project.

If u are serious and interested in buying land in owerri then call me on 08034599965 thank me later
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by sekundosekundo: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

What's the rough estimate? Can you give??
It be like say you be learner
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by MChaze25(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

Of course yes, that's what I even advised him. And he traveled with flight, first light today.

Any ideas? Estimates?
keep 3.5m for land of 3 plots in Anambra.
Add me on whatsapp and no calls please.
Mr. Chaze:- 07063988862
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by MChaze25(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

What's the rough estimate? Can you give??
keep your N7-8 million for a five star two storey hotel building.
Economy harsh shaa.
I only do Anambra for construction but vast in land sales around Nigeria.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by XFEMI: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2016
I am an architect in Lagos and I have a standard design for one plot 18m x 36m to comprise 44 rooms ensuite, restaurant kitchen laundry generator house ,parking for 7 cars,car port, barbeque lounge and store. You can get a plot for N10m at a relatively firm soil at Ikeja Lagos . Construction cost is 35 million Naira on three floors . As a developer and Project manager I can complete the project in 6 months. Your running expenses should not exceed 10 million including furnishing for the first year. Total required investment should not be less than 65million to cover land+ construction+ furniture+ generator. 09085022814
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2016
sekundosekundo:

It be like say you be learner

This smelling reply, how e take help questions way I ask? Don't you read? Must everything be insult? What's your problem?
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NwaTeacher1: 11:15am On Sep 16, 2016
Come down to Owerri. I will help you acquire a land in a serene environment. 2 *plots of land is ok for your project. Forget all these people quoting 100m, 200m for you. I will expose you in the secret of erecting a structure.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by NET1(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2016
hmm.... interesting read.

.NET
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by olivegirl(f): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2016
I have a good land 45plots in awka, very place,along express. Call me on

Olive:08124676175, wassup

Email#: Oliveegwuatu@Yahoo.com
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by olivegirl(f): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2016
olivegirl:

45 plots for 170,000,000.00
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by olivegirl(f): 11:55am On Sep 16, 2016
olivegirl:

Closer to government house
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by legendte(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
You Imolites are bunch of hopeless people. I am even wondering why the OP touched Owerri or Imo state for that matter because any hotel sited there will only be invaded by prostitutes as the state's economic mainstay is prostitution and chalet.

There is equally security challenges in Imo state. These official reports below proves that much. There is militancy and herdsmen attacks in the state too. Imo state is a no go area for any form of investment that's why even Imolites rather invest outside than in their state.

Op, focus on Anambra, Enugu, Lagos and any other SE state for genuine and quick income coupled with security guarantee.

Do you have a chronic mental disorder?
Please I know you lack BASIC education, you can as well enrol in one of the free schools in IMO.
I won't respond any further quotes from you.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Doug07034780891(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
You probably have an irreversible brain damage. You mean the same free substandard education in Imo state, no wonder you are such a hopeless illiterate! Come back here, let us dig it. Worthless people..

[s]
legendte:

Do you have a chronic mental disorder?
Please I no you lack BASIC education, you can as well enrol in one of the free schools in IMO.
I won't respond any further quotes from you.
[/s]
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by legendte(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
proeast:
Don't mind that slowpoke.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Doug07034780891(m): 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
legendte:

Don't mind me but I am a slowpoke.

Worthless dunce, is that so..?

On a side note, the only investment that can thrive and survive in Owerri is prostitution and chalet. So if you are investing in prostitution in the state be sure to have a good returns but every other investment outside this will not work as it has been tried over and over.. cool
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by greggng: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

- a good place where he can get a good piece of land
- like how many square meters (size of the land)
- price range to expect when making purchases for the piece of land.
- he wants to have a hotel of say 40 - 45 rooms.

Now he's asking the total cost (land + construction + expenses to be made)

Estimates, like how much could he be letting down for this kind of project.

Call me on 08062593234 and I will give u the phone number of my nebor who is an expert in building with many years experience. He is currently do such project for a guy in Australia now
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by osymaco1992(m): 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Firstly, I will advice him to decide on d actual location he wants to develop his property or consult an estate manager to help him decide....since he is looking upto 40-45 rooms hotel, I think d land mass shouldn't b dat much, 2 to 2 nd half plots may b enough(i.e) 100 x 200 sq.m,, unless he has intentions of having a large parking space, then d number will increase ........Base on his brief wit d Architect, d architect cn now develop a design in respect of his brief to meet wit his requirements, from there, a quantity surveyor will draw his analysis nd come up with an estimated figure for d project....Then contact me to pioneer d entire execution of d project..
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by whirlwind7(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
ik4life:
Their is a four empty plot of land along Onitsha-Asaba road just after God is good park suitable for building a hotel,u can contact me if u are interested. I advise u to come to asaba if u want to build a hotel instead of anambra

Can you send me more info about this? Size of each plot, title document and price. I just sent you a pm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home / Governor Ishaku Commissions Uncompleted Housing Estate / 5 BEDROOM PANTHEON SMART DUPLEX + A POOL @ ORCHID BY CHEVRON LEKKI. CALL US NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.