Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] (15511 Views)

Is This How Poor The Sales/marketing Of Broiler Birds Are? My Experience! / 10 acres of farm / Poultry land for sale - Reduced to 500k per acres / Pictures Of Farm Produce Wasting In A Community In Delta State Due To Bad Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Realdeals(m): 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
They have used the money to celebrate jailed Ibori's birthday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by athorello(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please let someone push this thread to Okowa's table.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Cletus77(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Don't worry change will fix it
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by kennymotors(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
am sad and pity the farmer for the labour loss.
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Calismart(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
AntiWailer:

So Buhari should av fixed all the roads ?

cheesy
I dont know o cheesy
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by jaymichael(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
macuwon:
Chai i remember those days, camels and donkeys do the trick, wetin concern them with bad road. You can carry your plantain from Egypt and go and sell in Damascus or syria grin

Civilization spoilt things
come to think of it, this is not a joking issue. In actual, it is a very viable and workable effort. Use beast of burden like donkeys and camels to carry produce from the farm (especially where the roads are not motorable) to where they can be conveyed to via motor vehicles or rail to the cities where they are needed. These animals don't need fuel and spare parts. Those that own these animals can convey for other farmers and charge a fee.
Opportunities abound in challenging circumstances and situations.

4 Likes

Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Hello

These are farm produce wasting in my home town , Aballa Uno in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta state. Thousands of people are going hungry in Nigeria but these produce can't get to them due to bad road.
This town is a major producer of cassava, yams and plantain. Fish etc.. I want to use this medium to appeal to the NDDC , Delta state government and the Federal government to come to the rescue. The contract for this road has been awarded to Interbau company years back but nothing has been done.

Please everyone, help me share this post till its gets to those in authority.
Thanks.

That's the benefit you derive from paying tax.You have to bear it because nobody cares,all they know is misplace priorities,cheat,steal and subject the populace to unending hardship.Welcome to Nigeria!
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Nnam36(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
quote author=PTAwal post=49350724]The IPOB can eat everything. We dont need it. [/qu
ote]

You foolishness n d level ur mind hv derailed in incurable, just die so u don't affect more persons
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by enomakos(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
Okeikpu:
very soon those that sip kunu and chew gworo will soon come out to say how they feed the zoo grin
IFEANYCHUKWU OKONWA TRY N FIX THE ROADS
it is the job of the local govt chairman
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by dantori(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Hello

These are farm produce wasting in my home town , Aballa Uno in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta state. Thousands of people are going hungry in Nigeria but these produce can't get to them due to bad road.
This town is a major producer of cassava, yams and plantain. Fish etc.. I want to use this medium to appeal to the NDDC , Delta state government and the Federal government to come to the rescue. The contract for this road has been awarded to Interbau company years back but nothing has been done.

Thanks.

Post on Facebook copy Gift Onyinye, Aishat Alubankudi and Bashir Ahmad
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by enomakos(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Hello

Thanks.

i think this is the job of the local govt chairman
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
alienvirus:
Which one make I open abi na virus ni
grin Change your phone Bro
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
dantori:

Post on Facebook copy Gift Onyinye, Aishat Alubankudi and Bashir Ahmad
You're correct .
And am just helping out , gift pleaded we should help her share the post and that's what am doing .
I ain't a blogger bro.
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by titi2020: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
really bad for dis season, dem for make money nw.c plantain may person dey fine
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by sammhi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jokers .! Wonder why anyone bother with these demons. If they can , let them do it and not announce it. When they were bombing , do they use to announce it?
Announcing means they wont or can't period .
Please blacklist their news .
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by R0LL0N(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dodo ikire sighted
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by seunfape(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
That is one of the disavanteges of agriculture .
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by rafcrown(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
ANY SOLUTION?WHAT KIND OF TRUCKS CAN BRING OUT THE PRODUCE?
Re: Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] by Jessam: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is the bane of manufacturing/ farming in Nigeria, the bad roads or in a lot of cases no decent rural roads from farm/factory to major/federal roads puts so much additional costs to your goods that sometimes the cost of transport is more than the value of your goods you want to take to market(e.g the cost of moving goods from one end of the country by road is more expensive than the ship fare from the UK to Lagos).

The government policy of the masses going back to farming with hoes and cutlasses is like implementing the industrial revolution of the 1920s into todays world, things have moved on, technology is now in play, the world is sharper, more competitive, smarter.

Take our business for example, Jessam Cattle Ranch & Farms , we implement modern agricultural practices, we are one of a few farms in the east raising livestock on a commercial level. Have we ever had any government official, politician, senator, even local government chairman take any interest in our operations and see how they can help us grow more, generate more taxable income, provide more employment, help us scale our operations so we can mass produce and hence bring down the price of what we produce. NO, NO NO. But the government are consistently screaming about agriculture will help the Nigerian economy free itself from the dependency of oil.

Dear minister and commissioners for agriculture, FAO, world bank figures all you need to do is visit nairaland agriculture section you will see people who have put in a lot of resources,effort and human capital into farming, you will find the serious ones, the dedicated ones that can with government assistance propel the government so called diversification of the economy away from oil, via farming, can make it a success. You will find businesses like Jessam cattle Ranch & Farms who have been on nairaland for years, who have posted videos and pics of their farming operations, who are in it for the long term. SPEAK TO US FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WORK WITH US, NOT THE CORRUPT IDIOT THAT THINKS FARMING IS A WAY TO STEAL GOVERNMENT FUNDS.

Anyway for those who care Jessam Cattle Ranch & Farms based in Enugu are doing modern day cattle ranching along with rearing other livestock such as ducks, goats,and poultry. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Lagos Assembly Members, Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Mill Project / Hybrid Maize Seed Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.