Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. (100284 Views)

The Type Of Woman Every Man Thirst For... / How To Know Your Man Loves You / 13 Ways To Satisfy Your Woman Every Night 18+] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Taryur3:

I pity your husband
young man u better nt quote me again if u dnt want thunder 2 blast ur brain...carry ur advanced slavery and come and be going.

8 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:15am On Sep 30, 2016
NkayTiana:
Okay... wonderful piece, take a time out to wish me a happy birthday... today 30th of September, a legend was born... Dieu Merci

Happy born day sis.

2 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by repogirl(f): 4:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Your husband is your lord.
If a man can wash his wife's feet like how Jesus Christ(the Lord and Saviour) washed his disciples feet, then he is a real lord, not a wannabe lord.

A submissive trait in a woman is good and will benefit the marriage greatly. It's great you pointed out what it means to be submissive in your post, so that MEN can understand it better.

Nice post.

6 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:17am On Sep 30, 2016
deathcomestoall:
I cannot believe you. A woman is disrespected and yet should give respect. You forget life is give and take. Means the woman should cheat too and her husband has no right to disrespect her. Pathetic.

Is it not better to kuku divorce the man if you want rather than disrespect him?

4 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:21am On Sep 30, 2016
jahsson:
From all the comments I've read... Marriage is going to be extinct in d near future cry ... All thatl be left is a live-in rship...
If there's sooo much argument about who loves first or who submits first then why get married in d first place... ??... My POV is ... Husband give ur 100% .. Wife give ur 100%... D problem starts wen both parties wanna meet half way... Both only wanting to reciprocate what they are getting...

#PLU

A billion likes for this bro.

Infact I no longer bother myself to open threads of prewedding pics or marriage because I have come to realize that most weddings are just facade.

Submitting to your husband was never based on any other condition except in the Lord likewise the man loving the woman but as you wrote...the wife wants to submit on her own terms.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:24am On Sep 30, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

young man u better nt quote me again if u dnt want thunder 2 blast ur brain...carry ur advanced slavery and come and be going.

Honestly if you understand the power of submission, you will glorify Jehovah for the instruction cos from the history lanes...submissive wives actually have their husbands in their palms..this is the greatest way to actually make your man do your bidding. ..this is the mystery only the wise women understand.

6 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:27am On Sep 30, 2016
repogirl:
If a man can wash his wife's feet like how Jesus Christ(the Lord and Saviour) washed his disciples feet, then he is a real lord, not a wannabe lord.

A submissive trait in a woman is good and will benefit the marriage greatly. It's great you pointed out what it means to be submissive in your post, so that MEN can understand it better.

Nice post.

As long as you want to rationalize or define what a man should do to earn your submission then there will always be a problem.

5 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by repogirl(f): 4:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Honestly if you understand the power of submission, you will glorify Jehovah for the instruction cos from the history lanes...submissive wives actually have their husbands in their palms..this is the greatest way to actually make your man do your bidding. ..this is the mystery only the wise women understand.
this is not true. A wicked man/ one who never loved his wife will do what he will do whether his wife is submissive or not.

5 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Svelte98(f): 4:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Not at all my lady. .a wife has all the right under heaven to express her displeasure but she must do it with full reverence and submission.

The day a lady dim it fit to stand shoulder to shoulder with her hubby is the day she ignites the fire of marital discord.

The word of God says you MUST respect your hubby as YOU DO TO THE LORD.

There is no condition attached and that is just what it is.

If I may, let me quote you; "the word of God says you MUST respect your hubby as YOU DO TO THE LORD".
In my honest opinion, I think people use the Bible/word of God as a cover for their mistakes.
You can't respect your hubby as you respect God. God doesn't make you angry; your husband does.
God will always be there when you need him; your husband won't be.
God won't break some of the vows he made to you on your wedding day; your husband will.
God won't be abusive or violent; your husband may be. I can go on and on with this list, but the bottom line is this; WE ARE HUMAN. And no matter how hard we try, we cannot keep to God's commandments 100%. That's why we pray, that's why we ask the holy spirit for guidance. And as humans too, we all have our breaking points. No matter how submissive a wife is, a husband will always find something to complain about. (He's human, you can't please him 24/7 with your submission) and in the same vein, no matter how loving a husband is, a wife will always find something to complain about.
So rather than tell a wife to ALWAYS be submissive, or learn to say 'no' in a gentle way, I would say you both should work on those vows you made on the alter and strive to not break any of them. A wife CAN'T be submissive to her husband everyday of her life. She can't always say 'no' in a gentle way(because she has emotions like anger, fear, insecurities, etc as a human being). She can only do it when she knows she has to, when she knows it's necessary and pray that God gives her the strength to go on in her marriage. When a wife is submissive to her husband every time of the day, she ends up pleasing him alone. What about her? who's going to please her? What about her feelings? The definition of submissive is "meekly obedient or passive". The funny thing is even a dog can't be obedient or passive. Not to talk of human being or a woman.
I'm not saying women shouldn't be submissive, please by all means be, but speak up when you have to, take an action when you know it's necessary, take a stand and put your feet down if your submissiveness is been taken for granted. And this applies to men as well. Love her with all your heart, mind, body and soul. Treat her right when you can, be there for her when you should be, but if your love and devotion isnt been reciprocated, speak up and talk to your wife.
At the end, a husband and a wife are just two very imperfect and different people trying to make "this thing called marriage" work out for them.

9 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

what do u classify as been submissive??
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Toks2008(m): 4:29am On Sep 30, 2016
repogirl:
this is not true. A wicked man/ one who never loved his wife will do what he will do whether his wife is submissive or not.

Go and read the story of Esther...it will help you understand better.

Even women of great authority in the past were submissive.

5 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by repogirl(f): 4:35am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

As long as you want to rationalize or define what a man should do to earn your submission then there will always be a problem.
well...aren't you trying to rationalise what a woman should do to earn her husband's love?

Besides, I also illustrated from the Bible, Men are commanded to love their wives as Jesus loves the church. Jesus did not wait for the church's submission before dying for their sins.

Also, Jesus Christ, the true Lord, Head of the church just as the husband is the head of the home, stooped so low as to wash His disciples feet. So why can't the man do the same without any hassle?

A man who can do that for his wife should be held on to in my opinion. That's a man worth submitting to because you can trust he has your best interest at heart even when you both disagree. Not one who is selfish but hiding under the guise of 'my wife must submit to me' because whethershe likes or not, I am her lord.

I'm summary, I'm just saying wives should know the sort of man they marry. Not just pick any type of man and think that unconditional submission is all that is needed to keep the marriage.

11 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Nice question.

The issue of a man cheating will forever be a pain in the minds of many ladies but I'm so so sorry to tell you this truth that submitting to your husband is unconditional.

In submittion you can table your grievances and the fact that your hubby cheats on you is not a ground for disrespect. If you want to leave the union because of that then it's your choice but that must not make you disrespect him.

THIS is hilarious Looooool. Of course the women back in those days were submissive and their marriages worked as in why not? Trick was the lady will be dying silently while the man will be a demigod. Is it not still happening today?

5 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by gentlegenius(m): 4:47am On Sep 30, 2016
asuo27:
Base on the first scripture you used " men love your wives as you love yourselves". grin hope i got that?.

And the second one which says "women should be submissive".

My problem here is "Loyalty is a two way thing", how will a woman be docile while her loving and caring husband cheats on her?.
Are you a Christian and do you believe in the Bible?
If yes, then think about this:
Abraham married only one wife(Sarah), but he had other women he was sleeping with(concubines) and that means he cheated on Sarah. But the Bible says Sarah was still very submissive to him to the point of calling him "my Lord".
I know that happened many generations ago, and women like Sarah are almost impossible to find in this present generation. But the truth remains that Love and cheating are two different things. Abraham loved Sarah but still cheats on her. So a man can love you and still cheat on you. But this happens mostly when a woman gives a man reason to cheat.
The Bible says husbands must first love their wives, then their wives must submit to them. So you see, the roles are different, therefore, it is not a matter of loyalty for loyalty.
It is a moral duty of a woman to submit to her husband as long as the husband loves her. God didn't make any mistakes in giving husbands and wives different roles. He knows too well that women are emotional beings and therefore what they need most is to be loved; while men are egoistic in nature and therefore, needs respect and submission.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by repogirl(f): 4:48am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Go and read the story of Esther...it will help you understand better.

Even women of great authority in the past were submissive.
It was God and the prayer of all the Israelites that helped Esther o. She didn't do it just by her attitude.

Abi should a woman want her whole church to be praying for her husband's attitude to change.
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by remikunle: 4:55am On Sep 30, 2016
End time marriage
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Beamborla(f): 5:00am On Sep 30, 2016
The problem is trying to hinge one on the other. Let husbands love their wives come what may and women submit to their husbands come what may.

The OP is emphasizing on the woman's submittion while excusing the man's inability to love is wife on the basis that she's not submissive.

The Bible mandated both parties to play their roles and did not give any condition whatsoever. Even the most unruly man wants submission when he's not playing his part and the OP is justifying it making them believe they need not be good. Wait for your wife to submit before loving her and even if you don't treat her right, suffer not yourself, she must submit.

The Bible has placed the man as the leader and Lord the house, no problem. How many men are ready to be a leader and not a boss? Don't forget that to be a leader, you'd have to serve your subjects first and always. I'm not denying that some women are poison as well.

But a biased writeup of this nature will do more harm than good. OP, your writeup is biased.

Since she must submit even if he's not worth it, do you agree that he must love and treat her right even if she's not submissive?

6 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by kennethology(m): 5:02am On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Yes! It does make sense, but wives should submit fully to their husbands according to the bible principles. My husband cannot tell me to sleep with his friend & you expect me to submit fully

Ammyluv2002. Which Man will ask you to do a think like that ? Don't look for excuses not to be a good wife

3 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Odunharry(m): 5:05am On Sep 30, 2016
shocked misspicy
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by jeff1607(m): 5:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Bro I'm so unfettered with negative comments and anytime I respond to one I just do that to correct the poster.

The truth us that I have no business with nairaland asides my passion for freelance writing on romance, religion and politics.

I know what marriage looks and feels like and the best I can do is share my knowledge and experience here and it is the choice of people to contribute or ignore rather than slander or make derogatory remarks.

No hard feelings watsoever. I'm a lover not a fighter.

nice response bro.

that's the difference between guidance and counselling.

one is to choose a path and guide the individual towards that same path, while the other, gives different options and allow the individual choose by himself the path to follow

1 Like

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Nice write up. For me Christ(love) is d key to any successful marriage. Total Submission is one thing every man want in his woman, trusting that he is the Lord of the house. Likewise a man must love and respect his wife at all cost.

1 Like

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by edbor(m): 5:11am On Sep 30, 2016
If man and woman both love God

I don't see why if a man loves his wife and she won't be submissive.

likewise, I don't see why if a woman is submissive to her husband he won't love her.
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by KelvinC1(m): 5:13am On Sep 30, 2016
asuo27:
Well!, i'm not satisfied by your respond. grin
OK just cheat back on him too.. that's all..
are you SATISFIED NOW.?

1 Like

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:
THE SUBMISSIVE WOMAN

Most ladies spend so much time and energy preparing for a wedding ceremony but very unprepared for just one condition responsible for a formidable union called SUBMISSION.

The modern day woman has allowed sophistication as a result of sound education and several other factors to make her see herself as equal to a man hence finds it difficult to be extremely submissive and this is one of the triggering factors for a break up. Being fully submissive to your man is one of the greatest secret to longevity of any romantic affair so Lets see what the Quran and Bible has to say concerning the act of submission from the woman.

Al-Tirmidhi 3272 - "When Allah's Messenger was asked which woman was best he replied, 'The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves'."

Ephesians 5:22-24 :Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

No woman has any business with marriage or any serious romantic affair with a man until she is ready to "submit,honor,respect,reverence her husband to the maximum level just as she will respect the lord.Show me a submissive woman and I will show you a peaceful and lasting union.Being submissive does not mean you should obey your man blindly or go against the commandments of GOD neither does it make you a zombie or a mindless person but it means being meek,humble and serene even when you disagree with your man as many times as possible.Believe it or not,no matter how many relationships you get involved in,you will always have issues if you don't learn how to submit yourself to your man.

And as the man,for whatever reason you choose to marry that lady, if you are not ready to love that woman with her imperfections and without exception with behavior worthy of respect and esteem, always seeking the best for her with an attitude of loving-kindness all the days of your life please don't propose marriage to her.

GOD commands the man to love the wife and the wife to submit to the husband. Refusal to do this is rebellion against GOD himself.By loving your wife you are honoring GOD and not doing your wife a favor and by submitting to your husband, you are demonstrating an act of obedience to GOD and not to your husband.

I hope this makes sense.

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Nicogen4us(f): 5:19am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Nice question.

The issue of a man cheating will forever be a pain in the minds of many ladies but I'm so so sorry to tell you this truth that submitting to your husband is unconditional.

In submittion you can table your grievances and the fact that your hubby cheats on you is not a ground for disrespect. If you want to leave the union because of that then it's your choice but that must not make you disrespect him.

At this junction I disagree with you. The African culture that you try to bring into this is totally absent in man. it is in this part of the world you will hear a man telling a woman that cheating is what is not questioning to man while it is shameful to woman by saying:
Baba ngbe yawo lagbo, a kin gbo Iya ngboko/rele old.
Okunrin le yan ale lai ni olopa to Ma mu, ojo to obirin ba Dan wo ojo naa Loma pada si odo awon obi e.
Okunrin le ni Ju Iyawo kan Lo ti o ba ti le se ojuse e daadaa, ko si aye iru e fun obinrin.
To this points do you think women that has put her trust in such man at first will trust anymore not to talk of being submissive to such a man. If you have been in marriage you will understand that the ego you men carries with the privilege giving to you 98% of you usually miss use it and that is what makes marriage in this part of the world to be enduring to women instead of Enjoyment. Ask any Nigeria woman that is able to hold her marriage more than 40years with the man she will tell you is a long story despite the uncountable circumstance that the nation they find themselves is still putting on them. The only thing I think to make us have a happy and enjoyable marriage in this part of the world is if you cross your heart for each other by taking it to be a liberty living together by just making a suggestions or giving opinion and it is not compulsory for you to follow until such man fall into such mess he will respect and start taking to the woman opinion even some man will say she is a witch for making such negative repercussions to be occurring forgetting that the principle behind a mutual agreement is that.

1 Like

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by misspicy(f): 5:32am On Sep 30, 2016
Odunharry:
shocked misspicy
Odunharry cheesy
Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by Had1zasaf: 5:32am On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Yes! It does make sense, but wives should submit fully to their husbands according to the bible principles. My husband cannot tell me to sleep with his friend & you expect me to submit fully

Wetin do this one
Person go talk something una go give extreme examples.
Why will your so called hubby ask u to sleep with bus friend
Dem be ram

4 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by mamawin(f): 5:34am On Sep 30, 2016
asuo27:
Well!, i'm not satisfied by your respond. grin
I have seen many women left their marriages because their husbands cheated, only for them to marry already married men. to me that is not the solution, because the problem remains. submission and respect are two things that can make marriage last longest. you won't even get to know your partner's fault, BUT there are exceptional cases ooo

2 Likes

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by mamawin(f): 5:35am On Sep 30, 2016
Had1zasaf:

Wetin do this one
Person go talk something una go give extreme examples.
Why will your so called hubby ask u to sleep with bus friend
Dem be ram
don't blame her, many things unthinkable are happening in this recession of ours oo

1 Like

Re: This is the type of woman every man loves to marry. by jbonito(m): 5:36am On Sep 30, 2016
Toks2008:
THE SUBMISSIVE WOMAN

Most ladies spend so much time and energy preparing for a wedding ceremony but very unprepared for just one condition responsible for a formidable union called SUBMISSION.

The modern day woman has allowed sophistication as a result of sound education and several other factors to make her see herself as equal to a man hence finds it difficult to be extremely submissive and this is one of the triggering factors for a break up. Being fully submissive to your man is one of the greatest secret to longevity of any romantic affair so Lets see what the Quran and Bible has to say concerning the act of submission from the woman.

Al-Tirmidhi 3272 - "When Allah's Messenger was asked which woman was best he replied, 'The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves'."

Ephesians 5:22-24 :Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

No woman has any business with marriage or any serious romantic affair with a man until she is ready to "submit,honor,respect,reverence her husband to the maximum level just as she will respect the lord.Show me a submissive woman and I will show you a peaceful and lasting union.Being submissive does not mean you should obey your man blindly or go against the commandments of GOD neither does it make you a zombie or a mindless person but it means being meek,humble and serene even when you disagree with your man as many times as possible.Believe it or not,no matter how many relationships you get involved in,you will always have issues if you don't learn how to submit yourself to your man.

And as the man,for whatever reason you choose to marry that lady, if you are not ready to love that woman with her imperfections and without exception with behavior worthy of respect and esteem, always seeking the best for her with an attitude of loving-kindness all the days of your life please don't propose marriage to her.

GOD commands the man to love the wife and the wife to submit to the husband. Refusal to do this is rebellion against GOD himself.By loving your wife you are honoring GOD and not doing your wife a favor and by submitting to your husband, you are demonstrating an act of obedience to GOD and not to your husband.

I hope this makes sense.

Walahi, if u had not backed this up with religious brouhaha, it could have been more appealing. Forget 'the bible says'. The bible said so many other things, we don't do half of it except those that are 100% religious so probably they may follow this line.

Practically, when u love ur wife n involve her in key decision making, respect and care for her, she will most likely respect n summit to you. ( except she's a crazian ). This is vice versa.

One major reason marriages of past decades seems to "work" based on total submissiveness was the infused culture + tradition then. Not even d Bible or Quran. Women were raised to respect their husband and "stay" in ur marital home no matter what. So daddy of the house comes back one day and says he's taking a second wife and our grandmothers just "summit" ( not happily though ).
But modernisation and exposure within our generation means how our girls are raised is different and we've moved away from that style. Now Uve got to work for your marriage to work, put in shifts, respect each other and total communication/honesty. That way, ur partner doesn't even need to say No in a calm way cos u both arrive at every important decisions " together ".
Avoid d conflict, don't provide solution for it.

Shalom!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Man Takes His Sex Doll On A Date To The Ikeja Mall In Lagos - Pictures / Lady Refuses To Sleep With Man Who Took Her On Expense Paid Vacation-He Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.