Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

'i Never Rejected Any Apartment' - Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'i Never Rejected Any Apartment' - Gernot Rohr (409 Views)

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach / Russia 2018: Gernot Rohr Arrives Moscow Ahead Of Friday’s Wold Cup Draws / Gernot Rohr Signs Contract With NFF To Lead Super Eagles of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'i Never Rejected Any Apartment' - Gernot Rohr by prinsam30: 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
The Super Eagles handler has debunked claims that he rejected the accommodation given to him by the country’s football ruling body.

Nigeria technical adviser, Gernot Rohr has refuted claims that he rejected the apartment given to him by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Rohr began his Super Eagles spell with a 1-0 win over Tanzania in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo. And having agreed to reside in the country before landing his job, he said it would have been unwise of him to reject his accommodation.

“I never rejected any apartment,” Rohr told the NFF website.

“I might have spoken to a few people who I believed to be genuinely interested in me, saying that the apartment was very big and I joked that I might get lost inside it when I start to live there, but I never rejected it.

“When the federation engaged me, and told me I had to live in Nigeria, I agreed to it because I believed that my base has to be in the country where I work. I did the same in Niger, Burkina Faso and Gabon, and I do not see it any differently in Nigeria.

“The federation moved to rent an apartment for me, and this is a good gesture that shows their commitment. If I have issues with it, it should be done directly through the Federation and not on the pages of the media,” he concluded.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/17392/nff/2016/09/14/27478432/i-never-rejected-any-apartment-gernot-rohr

(1) (Reply)

Why Always Man U,chelsea,arsenal,liverpool Always On Fp?,no Man City. / Pics From Champions League Match Day 2 Build Ups / Jose Mourinho And Antonio Conte Need Time To Change Past Habits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.