Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach (18577 Views)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by goldcoinhub: 7:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has expressed his desire to stay on with the national team and lead them out to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

The German tactician said this after the Super Eagles ouster from the ongoing 2018 Fifa World Cup after a 1-2 defeat to Argentina.

“It’s my desire to stay on with this fantastic team. They are a young team both in the defence and the attack. It’s a team with a good cocktail of passion, discipline and enthusiasm”, he said.

Rohr, 64, noted that staying to nurture the team would see them take the World by storm starting with the African Cup of Nations next year.

He joked that he would also like his captain, Mikel Obi, to stay on so that the bond they built would continue.

Mikel meanwhile, praised the team and said that in his whole years in the national team, he has not seen a team as good and disciplined like this, Vanguard reports.

“This could be my last World Cup but I think that this team remain a good team for the future,” he said.

The former Chelsea midfielder also heaped praise on the Nigeria Football Federation describing it as the best ever since he started playing for Nigeria.

“There was no distraction of bonuses and allowances. They organised quality friendly matches for us and ensured that we travelled with the best aircraft. The safety of players and comfort were their priority. I doff my hat for them.”

https://lailasnews.com/gernot-rohr-wants-to-continue-as-super-eagles-coach-nigeria-coach-gernot-rohr-has-expressed-his-desire-to-stay-on-with-the-national-team-and-lead-them-out-to-the-2022-world-cup-in-qatar/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Paullardricky: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Oga resign u have tried your best

11 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by izzou(m): 8:02am On Jun 28, 2018
angry

I think it's time we consider using coaches from our country.

There was nothing spectacular this guy did. His services are not really needed anymore, to me.

We have a good team. We just need to keep them together, and monitor their progress wink

When I say a good team, I didn't count Ighalo among. When he retires from China, he should go and meet Bob Izua to mentor him on how to open a transport company angry

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:13am On Jun 28, 2018
Okay but why are Nigerians like this

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Beface(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Will don't have any good reason to sack him, although I have not forgiven him for putting Igalo instead of Iwobi in our last match against Argentina.

15 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by qualityovenbake(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
What are they waiting for (NFF), his contract should be renewed immediately. The coach deserves some accolades.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by ShakurM(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rohr did a good job but I want a Nigerian coach next. No more foreign faces             

5 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Continue wetin? Fantastic team? sad embarassed

You better go back to your country Germany and coach the Bavarians that couldn't beat common South Korea sad

The NFF should call back Sunday Oliseh

6 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
He should continue, we will mark him after afcon

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by calddon(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Let him finish wat he started, we like firing coaches like chelsea fc

25 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by udensia: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
LIKE if you want Gernot Rohr to continue as Super Eagles coach

SHARE if you want Gernot Rohr to resign as Super Eagles coach

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nice shocked
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by TeamSimple(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
The man is okay for me .

19 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by denony(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
He should, he has assembled a good team that will do well in years to come. Just a little touch

16 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Benblaq(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
He's still good to go..

I love him

Even though some things just had to happen

23 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Treasure1919(f): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Shut up sir

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Since he became coach, e get the kind popular Nigeria/Supereagles dey these days. I think he should continue.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
he should go home....
let him go and coach his own country.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by NextPresido: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rohr dispayed some tactical ineptitude during the game vs Argentina. He should have made changes in the 75-80th minute. However, I think he has done a decent job and for the first time in a while, the Nigerian team looked like a team that went onto the field with a defined gameplan. I say we keep Rohr for the Nation's Cup and see how he does

14 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Bossontop(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin
Person wey no fit do sub jus to waste time at dat dying minutes of our match......make him go rest jhur hom don try

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by comos: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
we should develop our league,

there are numerous coaches in our league far better than all these Physical Education teachers (foreign coaches)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by wonuks(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
He's a good coach. Continue

Check my signature if you want to create a clean & reliable website asap? No advance payment required.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by oshe11: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
He shud....

Who would have tot the Super eagles wud give Argentina a scare?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
We should keep him. He's pretty competent.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Ndonu101: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Waste of money

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
We no want you angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Edubbs: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin
oshe11:
He shud....

Who would have tot the Super eagles wud gave Argentina a scare?
This is very ridiculous.

A scare??

So giving a scare is now an achievement??

6 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by mayboi45(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
I am fully in support of this coach... He has done a great job... Expect more players in to the supper eagles.. kudos to you sir.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Ezarazo(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Well if we keep on changing coaching we would go nowhere. I hope next time when you need just a point to qualify and it's 85 minutes you would do the Jose and Sean dyche style. *Park the bus let them scream but get your results
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by zlantanfan: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
I believe this guy was able to build a pattern for once in se and also attract players from foreign land which signify respect.

We keep saying westerhorf till today,

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Segun Bello: How Wheelchair Basketball Star Survived 'Killer' Injection / Panathinaikos Vs Olympiakos Abandoned After Fans Attack Players (Photos, Video) / FG Forecloses Involvement In Bash Ali’s Novelty Bout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.