Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tajweed - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tajweed (29371 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 13, 2017
Tefs:

I know, but my mu'alim won't let me use them just yet. He insist on learning how to recite long verses first, before I start making use of the stop signs. I kept of complaining that it's not easy, but he no free and he kept telling me I'm just lazy. I only need to know how to cope bayi, although, I'm making efforts nd improving, but ko easy rara

Before entering the aayah, try breathing in then hold your breath, read the aayah until you can no longer hold your breath, then breath out slowing whilst reading simultaneously....

That my might work if and only if you understood my explanation.....
Re: Tajweed by Tefs(f): 11:25pm On May 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Before entering the aayah, try breathing in then hold your breath, read the aayah until you can no longer hold your breath, then breath out slowing whilst reading simultaneously....

That my might work if and only if you understood my explanation.....

I do get ur explanation. jazakumllah khayran.
will let you know if it helps
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:42am On May 14, 2017
Tefs:

I do get ur explanation. jazakumllah khayran.

Wa iyyak sister....

will let you know if it helps

Aiit, mafi mushkilah...
Re: Tajweed by zarinaAin: 9:20am On May 15, 2017
Tefs:

I know, but my mu'alim won't let me use them just yet. He insist on learning how to recite long verses first, before I start making use of the stop signs. I kept of complaining that it's not easy, but he no free and he kept telling me I'm just lazy. I only need to know how to cope bayi, although, I'm making efforts nd improving, but ko easy rara

Just keeping us his method, it might actually help your recitation.

1 Like

Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Assalam alaykum. It's been a while since I visited this thread. Ma shaa Allah, I'm really impressed at the efforts some are putting into memorization. May Allah make it easy for us all and reward our efforts with the best. Ameen.

For me, So far so good, we just finished Suratul Inshiqaq, in shaa Allah we'll start Mutafifeen( we took a break due to Ramadan).Alhamdulillah, my tajweed and pronounciationis improving. Also, I joined Tahfeedh class on Whatsapp earlier this year. We're gradually memorizing Suratul Baqarah. Ma shaa Allah, we're on verse 44. Maybe one of these days I'll send in one of my audio files embarassed embarassed embarassed

@Abdelkabir, I've downloaded the PDF file, haven't memorized it yet embarassed. got so much on my plate with my classes, home and work commitments. In shaa Allah, I'll try and make time for it. But it seems lengthy, what's the best method to memorise it?
Re: Tajweed by Mofpearl: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
^^

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakathu

This came at the right time. Your post gave me a boost. I was thinking of starting memorization again (alone).

I haven't been able to find a female teacher willing to take me in and I don't want a male tutor.
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
zarinaAin:

In the Quran, there are some signs or punctuation marks called waqf. They are found in the middle or end of ayaat and give us an indication of whether stopping and pausing is permitted or not

It is important to know the correct points to stop or continue during recitation in order not to change or distort the meaning of the ayaat

If you follow this thread from the beginning, I think Abdelkabir has treated something like this before
Yes. There are points within an ayah where stopping is permitted. The picture attached shows what those signs stands for.

Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mofpearl:
^^

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakathu

This came at the right time. Your post gave me a boost. I was thinking of starting memorization again (alone).

I haven't been able to find a female teacher willing to take me in and I don't want a male tutor.

I was doing hifdz alone initially. It wasn't easy, the challenge wasn't there. If I hadn't come across my ustazah, not sure how far I would have gone. You can get a female tutor from your neighbourhood Masjid, who knows you might be lucky.
Re: Tajweed by Mofpearl: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
k4kenny:

I was doing hifdz alone initially. It wasn't easy, the challenge wasn't there. If I hadn't come across my ustazah, not sure how far I would have gone. You can get a female tutor from your neighbourhood Masjid, who knows you might be lucky.

How was your Tajweed when you were memorizing alone?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2017
k4kenny:
Assalam alaykum. It's been a while since I visited this thread. Ma shaa Allah, I'm really impressed at the efforts some are putting into memorization. May Allah make it easy for us all and reward our efforts with the best. Ameen.

For me, So far so good, we just finished Suratul Inshiqaq, in shaa Allah we'll start Mutafifeen( we took a break due to Ramadan).Alhamdulillah, my tajweed and pronounciationis improving. Also, I joined Tahfeedh class on Whatsapp earlier this year. We're gradually memorizing Suratul Baqarah. Ma shaa Allah, we're on verse 44. Maybe one of these days I'll send in one of my audio files embarassed embarassed embarassed

Audio file? Is that possible? If yes pls let me know how, I've been looking for a way to include some of my recorded recitations to point exactly how these rules are applied....

And possibly an Arabic thread *still thinking of it anyways*

@Abdelk.abir, I've downloaded the PDF file, haven't memorized it yet embarassed. got so much on my plate with my classes, home and work commitments. In shaa Allah, I'll try and make time for it. But it seems lengthy, what's the best method to memorise it?

Well, when I was memorizing the book, I sang it as a poem and formed a tone.........that way the hifdh was(and is still) strong.....
Re: Tajweed by neighy(m): 7:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Also growing very slow buh gradually improving.. Its funny am just realizing the essence of time
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2017
neighy:
Also growing very slow buh gradually improving.. Its funny am just realizing the essence of time

I tell you brother, time is very essential, I wonder how people claim to be "bored" when time is not enough, some of the classical scholars wished those people who are wasting their time on nonsense can sell some of it to them.....
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

How was your Tajweed when you were memorizing alone?

In fact I didn't even know anything about Tajweed at the time grin. I was just following the reciters, not knowing there were rules attached to their recitation. Luckily I stumbled upon this thread and met my tutor around that period and wallahi it all just came together. Even I am shocked in what I've achieved in less than a year. Alhamdulillah.
These days I can't recite Surahs I've memorised without Tajweed, so interesting and engaging smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajweed by Mofpearl: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2017
k4kenny:

In fact I didn't even know anything about Tajweed at the time grin. I was just following the reciters, not knowing there were rules attached to their recitation. Luckily I stumbled upon this thread and met my tutor around that period and wallahi it all just came together. Even I am shocked in what I've achieved in less than a year. Alhamdulillah.
These days I can't recite Surahs I've memorised without Tajweed, so interesting and engaging smiley

Jazakallahu Khyran sis kiss

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Tajweed by neighy(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I tell you brother, time is very essential, I wonder how people claim to be "bored" when time is not enough, some of the classical scholars wished those people who are wasting their time on nonsense can sell some of it to them.....
lol... I tell you.. Nd d fact that knowledge is inexhausible.. So much to learn/do so little time
Re: Tajweed by Mofpearl: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2017
This book contains explanations of the last two parts of the Qur'an as well as MANY IMPORTANT beneficial knowledge (such as proper way to perform salah *with pictures and faces blurred out!,dhikir etc) that Muslims need for their daily living. I am posting this here because some of us are working on memorization of the Qur'an and it's just as important to understand the context and transactions of the surahs we are memorizing.

https://islamhouse.com/en/books/178975/
Re: Tajweed by AideeSheks(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
This really got to me. Subhanallah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpghrntu4zQ

1 Like

Re: Tajweed by Mofpearl: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Thought it might be beneficial to post this here.

www.houseofquran.com has a memorization program.
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2017
Salam alaykum, is there anyone interested in memorising the Qur'an via WhatsApp? The Ustadh who is taking through Suratul Baqarah has started another Whatsapp class, this time from Suratu-Nnaas upwards. Though it's not much compared to having an actual face to face Ustadh, he has been really helpful. Ma shaa Allah, we have memorised Suratul Baqarah to verse 57 ( page cool.

I'll try to get the invite link, but anyone interested can send me a PM. Or you can drop your name and number so I can send to him.
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Mofpearl:
Thought it might be beneficial to post this here.

www.houseofquran.com has a memorization program.

Wow. Nice link� Jazakumullah khayran ya ukthi. I'm really loving all these wonderful initiatives assisting with hifz. May Allah reward all of these efforts .

Currently listening to my fave, Minshawi cool
Re: Tajweed by Tefs(f): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2017
*peeps in*
like it's been a very long time and I actually miss this section.
alhamdulilah @abdelkabir, I tried the method you explained and it worked out fine. Alhamdulilah, my recitation is going on well.

@mofpearl @zarinaian..how's d hifz going and hope life has been treating you well?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2017
Tefs:
*peeps in*
like it's been a very long time and I actually miss this section.
alhamdulilah @abd.elkabir, I tried the method you explained and it worked out fine. Alhamdulilah, my recitation is going on well.

@mofp.earl @zarinaAin..how's d hifz going and hope life has been treating you well?

Masha Allaah, so you can now read verse 54 of suratul baqarah without breaking?
Re: Tajweed by Kayberry101: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
Anyone Muslim brother and sister that are eager to get married according to the sunnah,which they are ready to mingle with our single bro and sister, there is a group I will like to recommend for you,am sure you will never regret joining...

I got my missing rib in the forum and which we are getting married soon

Contact me via my whatapps number
Re: Tajweed by Tefs(f): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
AbdelKabir:

brother abdelkabir.. there would be a pause ooo.. prolly once or twice.. I'm still a beginner na
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tefs:

brother abdelkabir.. there would be a pause ooo.. prolly once or twice.. I'm still a beginner na

Lol, I tried it just now and was able to do it after shortening the mudud(elongations) that is not compulsory by calling them as if I'm calling madd asliyyun i.e with 2 harakahs.....
Re: Tajweed by Tefs(f): 12:50am On Aug 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Lol, I tried it just now and was able to do it after shortening the mudud(elongations) that is not compulsory by calling them as if I'm calling madd asliyyun i.e with 2 harakahs.....

I would get to that stage soon in shaa Allah
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2017
Tefs:

I would get to that stage soon in shaa Allah

In shaa Allaah....
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Is it possible to recite verse 54 without breaking shocked? The Ustadh taking us via whatsapp broke it into 4 places, but I merged it into 3 places during my hifdz test.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
k4kenny:

Is it possible to recite verse 54 without breaking shocked? The Ustadh taking us via whatsapp broke it into 4 places, but I merged it into 3 places during my hifdz test.

Na'am its possible only if you do naqasa of the madd found therein, that is, you draw the madd in two harakatain like you would in its asl
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Na'am its possible only if you do naqasa of the madd found therein, that is, you draw the madd in two harakatain like you would in its asl

Na'am, true. But there are some parts of the verse that have stop signs (dzaa likum.... )

I'm trying it here and I keep going outta breath embarassed
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
k4kenny:

Na'am, true. But there are some parts of the verse that have stop signs (dzaa likum.... )

I'm trying it here and I keep going outta breath embarassed

Yes.....but its not a compulsory stop....

Hold your breath before starting then when you can't hold it any longer release it gently as you read.....
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Yes.....but its not a compulsory stop....

Hold your breath before starting then when you can't hold it any longer release it gently as you read.....
Been trying that. But I keep unconsciously using 6 harakats since I'm so used to reciting like that. I'll keep practising, in shaa Allah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Moon Sighting / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.