Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess (458 Views)

Why Nigeria Economy Is In Recess / 51% Of Senators Are Bench Warmers: Businessday / Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess by juded27: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2016
While the country is in Recession, Our Senators are still on Recess

It's really not hard to understand why our country is currently in the economic malady that it is right now and until we understand that our lives and everything attached to it are dependent solely on the politics of our society, we might not be heading on that path to prosperity anytime soon.

Our Minister of Finance said Recession is just a word! Well, Oluseun David Onigbinde rightly says, It's a word that means EMERGENCY! Something is wrong somewhere that needs to be urgently fixed if we don't want to get to Depression, which is also a word that means We're Officially Doomed!

The attitude of this administration and our political officers are directly responsible for where we are today and i don't mean particularly this APC Led government but all the governments of the past.

And really, the reasons are not far-fetched. We leave the most important aspect of our lives as a society in the hands of people who don't know, who don't care and who can't deliver while the rest of us who have an idea stay in glass houses and beautiful offices waiting for people who only care about where the next patronage is coming from to do things that they cannot do! We are expecting them to perform magic!

As i journeyed to my office this morning, I saw different campaign posters for councillorship in Lagos State and I ask myself, How do we want to develop when we don't have a society where the best of us lead the rest of us?

Good Morning Nigeria!
Re: While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess by psucc(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2016
And what do you expect them to do at this time when the man on top doesn't take a no for an answer?

Though we virtually swallow everything Buhari hook, line and sinker, it was scantily reported that his Minister of Finance and that of Budgets asked him at one instance not to sign a particular Bilateral Agreement but he shunned them and went ahead.

The NASS must navigate their way out or at best steer away since any dissenting voice nowadays are seen as an affront.
Re: While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess by Raddie(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
Not biz as usual so why bother...
Re: While Our Country Is In Recession, Our Senators Are Still In Recess by Raddie(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
But they've always been on recess, if you know what I mean.

We need serious over hauling in there, I think it's this jubril stuff stalling them cause i'm sure they are all aware of the state of the nation.

BTW if all constituency start calling of their heads, that recess will be called off immediately. we are our own problem in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Top FCT Officer Indicted In N300m Illegal Assets Acquisition. / Immunity Clause: A Way To Go??? / House Of Reps Suspends Jibrin for 180 days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.