Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (139279 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 12:40am On Sep 16, 2016
wizzakosh:
honestly, I never insulted you. But your reply showing how u were brought up. Av bin hearing the word BIMBO, but I just met one here. Have no reason to insult or hate on you after av seen a very beautiful damsel lying lifeless in mortuary. It made me believe life is so simple and nothing in it. But if you wish to continue in this manner, well, it is your destiny, you choose it that way. I pray God helps you. Cos if you ar intelligent enough, you will see av not insulted you in my first post. You are just like egg. Shalom.
what do you mean by fine fish??and if that's wasn't an insult,you just called me BIMBO and that's definitely an insult so I guess we are even now.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by sunto: 12:44am On Sep 16, 2016
wristbangle:
Everytime afonja afonja. Make dem spot where afonja cause division for the write up na

You know everything that happens to an igbo man is curse by yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by sunto: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=cremedelacreme post=49380636]Nice write up. Igbo is Igbo. From Igbanke to Ihiala, Ahoada to Arochukwu, Oguta to Oba, Ezza to Etche. there is nothing like ''Delta Igbo'' or ''Main Igbo'.

Meanwhile....
grin grin grin grin[/quote
they blame Yoruba for losing biafra war,but those who participated most in the war were northerners,the war was even lead by a northerners,even their darling ijaw fought against them

they blame yoruba for this Nigeria not practicing true federalism.but it was an igbo(ajuyi ironsi)that abolished federalism nd made the central powerful.yoruba av asked for true federalism than any region in Nigeria

fulani herdsmen kill them they blame yoruba,Av never heard yoruba kill igbo or igbo kill Yoruba.but when fulani herdsmen attack igbo land they blame yoruba

they blame Yoruba for forcing them into one Nigeria,but it's azikwe that align with tafawa balewa to form one Nigeria,even when yoruba nd the north were not interested.in fact he with no seceding clause.still igbo still blame awolowo

they say yoruba is stopping them from leaving Nigeria.pls is burutai nd buhari both yoruba.fashola deported u to s.east,ur igwe got flogged in ondo still u beg

you blame yoruba for not letting your region develop.you wish us bad every time.u tell lies bout how all Nigeria money are used in developing Lagos cause it was once a capital.

PLS IS CALABAR NOT ONCE A CAPITAL,why is calabar not like Lagos

igbo's hold ur leaders responsible nd Stop the blame game

IN FACT WHEN WILL U GUYS START BLAMING HAUSA/FULANI,ARE U AFRAID OF THEM?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2016
NICENEDU29:

I still repeat my question: Who the hell told u that I am from outside the Niger? Secondly, what Niger are u talking about? If it is the Niger Delta that u refer to as the Niger, do you agree with me that Imo and Abia States are parts of the Niger Delta? Mr. Man, I still maintain that you are still shooting yourself in the leg and speaking from both sides of your mouth. Please go to school and learn. It seems u dont know ur origin.

its to 1. is this so important that yu had to post at this odd hour. ?

Geez gotta study. Enjoy
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by somegirl1: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2016
nextstep:
There is Anioma, and there is Igbo.
There is America, and there is England
There is Mexico, and there is Spain
There is Brazil, and there is Portugal.

Each pair are distinct, separate peoples, though they speak the same language.

If these were options for a logical reasoning test question: Which pair does NOT belong with the others. I can only hope the answer would be glaring to you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by somegirl1: 1:00am On Sep 16, 2016
HenryThegreat1:
. Am talking of igbo central language which every typical igbo man understood and speaks.

There's actually no such language. There is however, a dialect that has been accepted as central Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abobakucannibal: 1:05am On Sep 16, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry

Your just so pathetic.Just shut d f*ckup.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by elsomm(m): 1:08am On Sep 16, 2016
somegirl1:

If these were options for a logical reasoning test question: Which pair does NOT belong with the others. I can only hope the answer would be glaring to you.

Three have colonial relationships while does not

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abobakucannibal: 1:18am On Sep 16, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

There are no Igbos who are native of rivers state
This is river state official website http://riversstate.net.ng/people-and-culture/

So na you Yoruba go tell us who be Igbo and who no be Igbo.Una get problem.What if I also say there are no Yorubas in kogi and kwara.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abobakucannibal: 1:33am On Sep 16, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Mr igboid you better be satisfied with your s.e, are you more reliable than the Rivers state website. Abi na by force to be Igbo?

Yoruba mind your business abi anioma and ikwerri sound Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 1:51am On Sep 16, 2016
AlNur:
Your bigotry knows no boundary, so what want us to prostrate and beg him to be igbo? Igbo identity is by choice

Thank you for saying it is a choice. We are choosing not to be Igbo. Why browbeat us for saying so?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Donarozzi: 3:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Identity crisis exists in Igboland especially among some Igbo communities in the South-South region of Nigeria. Igbo leaders should solve this problem fundamentally by declaring that all Igbo communities in the South-South should be merged together with the South-East region. Igbo leaders should make this demand a top priority and work together to achieve the goal.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe foresaw the present predicament in 1949 when he said, "The only worthwhile stand we can make as a nation is to assert our right to self-determination, as a unit of a prospective Federal Commonwealth of Nigeria and the Cameroons, where our rights will be respected and safeguarded. Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit: Mbamili in the northwest, Aniocha in the west, Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast, Nsukka and Udi in the north, Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre, Ogbaru in the south, Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest, Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east, Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest. These Provinces can have their territorial boundaries delimited, they can select their capitals, and then can conveniently develop their resources both for their common benefit and for those of the other nationalities who make up this great country called Nigeria and the Cameroons.

"Let us establish an Ibo State, based on linguistic and ethnic factors, enabling us to take our place side by side with the other linguistic and ethnic groups which make up Nigeria and the Cameroons."

Similarly, the Eze of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien with great wisdom and intelligence advised Igbo politicians to work towards unifying all Igbo communities into one geopolitical zone. Professor Edozien actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. He called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 16, 2016
realkingqueen:
what do you mean by fine fish??and if that's wasn't an insult,you just called me BIMBO and that's definitely an insult so I guess we are even now.
ok, am sorry. Never meant to do that. Am so so sorry. Accept my apology. You aren't a fish, I only used that to complement the perfect work of God on you. Sorry, apology accepted?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by lonelydora: 4:54am On Sep 16, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry

You well so?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by RickyTan: 5:30am On Sep 16, 2016
Many of the greatest Igbo sons like Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu that died defending Igbo land from rampaging Fulani herdsmen died in Nsukka area of Igbo land are from Asaba. We, the proud decendants of great Igbo men like aguiyi ironsi, nzeogwu, ojukwu, King jaja of opobo, nnamdi azikiwe know Igbo is Igbo.

Nigeria fears the Igbos today. Is it not a mark of respect? Every minute Buhari is talking about Biafra. God has blessed the great Igbos and that is why we have recovered so quickly from the last war

Buhari the Fulani soldier is at it again tho. He fears the great Igbo if you doubt me look at his security appointments

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by axzon: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2016
jpeg45:
really

SCAM !!!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Antivirus92(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2016
when will this madness stop?
It's time igbo people accept that aside oshimili and aniocha people of delta state; a new ethnicity, "anions",has been born to other igbo speaking people there.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Antivirus92(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2016
It's time igbo people accept that aside oshimili and aniocha people of delta state; a new ethnicity, "anioma",has been born to other igbo speaking people there.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by iwatch: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2016
beautiful232:
hahahahahah

same thing here.... many people Are saying calabar and Akwa ibom are not dsame

for me we are the same..no difference
The way I love people from your place eh, especially Akwa Ibom chai!

You guys rock!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by beautiful232(f): 7:02am On Sep 16, 2016
iwatch:
The way I love people from your place eh, especially Akwa Ibom chai!

You guys rock!

awwwww, tnx

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by iwatch: 7:06am On Sep 16, 2016
beautiful232:

awwwww, tnx
are you Akwa ibom or cross river?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by beautiful232(f): 7:13am On Sep 16, 2016
iwatch:
are you Akwa ibom or cross river?

Akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by iwatch: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2016
beautiful232:

Akwa ibom
wow cheesy Akwa Ibom ayaya cheesy
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2016
lol.... See peeps trying to force others to claiming igbo...... they don't want... is it by force?...... can't u just let them be?...... Now you guys are trying to force them to saying they r igbo.... when eventually biafra is created... you guys will treat them aniomas as outsiders..... oh yes!.... quote me anywhere...... the cunning nature of the SE is what the aniomas are trying to avoid!...... Check among yourselves already... there is disunity...... Now imagine when the Aniomas, people you guys already call slaves, join biafra..... what do u think will happen?..... will that anioma man's voice be heard?..... see the way u guys are already treating ebonyi people..... so derogatory!..... imagine then how u guys will treat people you call slaves!...

ps: Although I know of ibusa history..... I think they are actually called igbo-binuzor... but due to white man factor it turned ibusa..... they originated from the ancient isu kingdom in anambra.... where I think a prince was banished for commitin a heinous crime.... his mum and other loyal subjects followed him.... he was given a kinda load to carry and wherever it drops that is where he will reside..... ..it dropped at the present ibusa and that was it.... he got married and today the name of his nine sons are given to the nine villages in ibusa..... umuodafe, ogbeowele, umueze, umuekea, umuehea, etc then I think disunity came in and someone else moved from ibusa to settle at ogwashiuku.... quite an interesting history if you ask me!.... i got to read it from a documentary... very bulky.. lol... but interesting .. yes! the real citizens of ibusa agree to the fact that they are igbos from anambra(ancient isu kingdom).....

but you can't generalize it..... for crying out loud they're are people in anioma that can trace their history to other tribes.... that is why aniomas are not called igbos but aniomas in order to balance the equation..... how would u feel if you're called what you're not...... That's why it's better to say ANIOMA than igbo...... it is now left for the individual towns to accept they are igbo or trace their roots like the ibusa people have done!..... DONT FORCE ANYONE TO ACCEPT WHAT THEY DONT THINK THEY ARE!... ain't cool if you ask me

good morning, peace.!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by lastpage: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2016
Nkem4040:
Yorubba I hope you are reading? Stop dividing us; that's his message!

Yes o!
It is Yoruba people that are responsible for all your woes, since the birth of Christ! grin grin

It is Yoruba that did not allow you to form Biafra
It is Yoruba that did not allow you to field that looter GEJ, for another 4years
It is Yoruba that did not allow you to be round-tripping Dollars
It is Yoruba that is preventing you from having an Ibo President
It is Yoruba that is preventing your 'Dilector' from regaining his freedom, after committing Treason

Now, it is Yoruba that is responsible for you people discriminating amongst yourself....

I think it was Yoruba too that introduced "OSU" into your culture, right?

When are you going to purge yourself of this "YORUBA_PHOBIA"?

Abeegi, make we hear word joor

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by beautiful232(f): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2016
iwatch:
wow cheesy Akwa Ibom ayaya cheesy

Yes dear thanks
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by attackgat: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2016
nextstep:
There is Anioma, and there is Igbo.
There is America, and there is England
There is Mexico, and there is Spain
There is Brazil, and there is Portugal.

Each pair are distinct, separate peoples, though they speak the same language.

You forgot to add in the above that the individual examples you gave are thousands of miles from each other. But in the case of Anioma and Igbos, it is just one big area with no distance between them.

It is quite funny that a person or people speak Igbo as their ancestral language and have Igbo surname and there will still be argument if they are Igbo or not. There is no ethnic group in Nigeria called Anioma or Delta Igbo. Igbo is Igbo.

Can I go and tell the Obi of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien that he is not Igbo and he will not kill me? Can I go and tell the 'Eze Ogwashiuku' Professor Chukwuka Okonjo (Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealas father) that he is not Igbo and he won't throw me out of his Palace? Can I go and tell the Obi of Issele-Uku, Obi Henry Ezeagwuna that he is not Igbo and he won't curse me?

The Igbanke (Igbo Akiri) people of Edo state are ruled by Eze's and Ndichie's. It is even Igbanke that people might question their ethnicity but yet, many are proud Igbos and wish to join their Ika brethren in Delta state.

So people should stop this 'Delta-Igbo' thing. Delta is a foreign word that cannot be used to connote any ethnic group in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by lastpage: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2016
RickyTan:
Many of the greatest Igbo sons like Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu that died defending Igbo land from rampaging Fulani herdsmen died in Nsukka area of Igbo land are from Asaba. We, the proud decendants of great Igbo men like aguiyi ironsi, nzeogwu, ojukwu, King jaja of opobo, nnamdi azikiwe know Igbo is Igbo.

Nigeria fears the Igbos today. Is it not a mark of respect? Every minute Buhari is talking about Biafra. God has blessed the great Igbos and that is why we have recovered so quickly from the last war

Buhari the Fulani soldier is at it again tho. He fears the great Igbo if you doubt me look at his security appointments

You seem to confuse "MISTRUST"......... with "FEAR",.... like you guys get confused on most issues.

Why would you expect Buhari to use Igbo peeps in his Security, given the level of "tribal hostility" you showed him before he won the Presidential election .. and even till date!
That would be foolishness of epic proportions.

Once beaten, Twice shy.

All these "chest-thumping exercise" has not been converted to anything worthy, in the Political arena, as far as we all know. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by RickyTan: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=Antivirus92 post=49400972]when will this madness stop?
It's time igbo people accept that aside oshimili and aniocha people of delta state; a new ethnicity, "anions",has been born to other igbo speaking people there. [/quote

We, the Great Igbos will accept your gibberish the day you can use your foul dirty tongue to lick your filthy elbow. What concerns Afonja like you with Igbo affairs? Are you President of Ohaneze Ndigbo now?

Nonsense
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by RickyTan: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2016
lastpage:

You seem to confuse "MISTRUST"......... with "FEAR",.... like you guys get confused on most issues.

Why would you expect Buhari to use Igbo peeps in his Security, given the level of "tribal hostility" you showed him before he won the Presidential election .. and even till date!
That would be foolishness of epic proportions.

Once beaten, Twice shy.

All these "chest-thumping exercise" has not been converted to anything worthy, in the Political arena, as far as we all know. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

You the decendant of Obasanjo - a lackey to Born to rule generals like Abacha, Murtala.
Remeber a whole "General" Oladipo Diya kneeling down to beg a mere Hausa/ Fulani Major Mustapha
We know about Abiola?
On an on
And we are supposed to take advice from your type?

FYI - Buhari is nothing but an Islamist Fulani soldier that is still fighting the war. A man that cannot change is preaching change?
Have you seem him visit the EAST? Build one road in the East?

But he will sit in Daura and preach trash - empty words
We don hear!
Now we wan see

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by attackgat: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2016
Antivirus92:
It's time igbo people accept that aside oshimili and aniocha people of delta state; a new ethnicity, "anioma",has been born to other igbo speaking people there.

Sorry Bro, there is nothing like 'new ethnicity' being born. You must call people by the ethnicity of their forefathers. Anioma is not an ethnic group but simply a geographical area

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by MrPresident1: 7:39am On Sep 16, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Don't twist history. The Oyo kingdom mainly defeated Dahomey, the latter of which became a tributary to the Oyo kingdom, paying yearly dues to them until Dahomey revolted and broke few after a few years and launched reverse attacks on Nago-speaking villages. Oyo leadership over Dahomey did not last too long. Precisely, Nago villages (as Yoruba was not known then, but Anago or Nago), such as Ketu were emptied as Dahomey women warriors attacked the village by night, burned the entire village, killed so many people and the entire rest (about 20,000 Ketus) were sold off as slaves to the portuguese. It is said that this resulted in the loss of the practice of Orisa Ossosi (called Orixa Ochosi in Lacumi in Brazil) as the people who knew the rites and practice were decimated. The entire Ketu village fell into the hands of Dahomey Women warriors or Amazons effortlessly.

The Dahomey people also conquered other villages as well.

I will not allow this bare faced lie to stand. It is a fact of history that the Oyo empire stretched as far as Ashanti land in present day Ghana, and they paid tribute to the Alaafin. Dahomey and other kingdoms started to gain some measure of independence when the Oyo empire, as with all other empires, started to decline.

Ketu is not a village, like you have your small small clans and villages in Anambra, to this day Ketu exists in Benin republic, a thriving people who recognise their heritage as part of the people of Oduduwa, how come we have Ketu in Benin when 'the entire rest' were sold to the portuguese? I understand former president Boni Yayi of Benin is a prince of Ketu. If Ketu was defeated by the Dahomeans, it was after the fall of Oyo

Enough of your lies.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (56) (Reply)

Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / A Confession From A Boko Haram Member Turned Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.