Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138756 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Drchristian:

yes d yoruba nation has done more than u can reciprocate 4 igbos and Nigeria but still some of u r ungrateful, parasitic and refuse to acknowledge dat...come here and see for yourself. maybe u even live in d west like ur people sef.
the good thing is that my friends that are yorubas don't reason the way you yorubas on Nairaland reason,so on that note bye,have a nice night

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ezeagu(m): 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Oh, shut up. If you claim you have ancestral ties to a place, doesn't that mean you're from there? Don't play semantics with.

And I was going to stop posting on the thread, but the fact that you open ya ignorant mouth to chat shitt with the aid of ya fingers is the reason why I'll post these excerpts below:

This is an account from British explorers in 1900 and according to them, Igbos were slaves all over the Delta districts and the outnumber the original inhabitants. grin

Swallow the humble pie and accept you're wrong. Don't let me post more damning academic proofs.

You obviously understand that the places referred to as the 'Delta districts' in 1900 is different from Delta State of 1991. Don't be dubious.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by LeFreakSoChic(f): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
are you dumb or you are just plain stupid.. you think you can come at me tryna sound all tough right..at least I posted my picture but you didn't even have the balls to show your ugly ape like face and for your info I'm prettier than your entire lineage..you tried so hard to make sense in your comment but you couldn't,do you know why? its cos you're a certified dumb ass you demented idiot. and least I forget I'm proud of my African hairline cos I'm African and a proud one at that and keep your stupid gel comment to yourself cos I don't even do makeup not to talk of gel,I don't need it...ugly bitches like you are the ones that come at a pretty girl out of spite and jealousy,useless frustrated ape.

Lmao. Your picture is there because of your profession. See your fallen boobs with stretch marks like zebra crossing.
Girl, I had a rough day at work, maybe some other time. Bye baby chimp.
Muah!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by kechywillz(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wat I know is both ikwere,etche,infact the whole Rivers state is Igbo,delta speaking Igbos are Igbos,same in some Igbo speaking areas in Akwa Ibom,Edo ,Kogi and Benue states

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Nne,there is no need for apologies.
I just want to sensitize you about that eidiot you are dealing with and let you know how to deal with people like that. Great him like a dog sshhit...Stop being classy like most Igbo women because Yoruba people don't understand that language. Their women behave like street urchins that what they are used to. Daalu,rinne.

I will ignore him for future reference. His post above suggests to me that your description of him is indeed correct. Just take a look at it lipsrsealed.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igwe2nero(m): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
My only observation is the reason why Nigeria tagged the Nzeogwu led coup an igbo coup? Why did they murder the innocent Ironsi in lieu of people who claim that they are not igbo. The thing tire me, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
lereinter:
this is what political tribalism and sentiments has caused, and all this started from the gej era, everybody began to fractionlise themselves cos of appointment.

even when kachukwu was given minister of state for petroleum he was rejected by ibos calling him delta ibo..

And this exactly 2hat he is sayimg. You Afonjas of southwaaste are the biggest, disgusting animals I've ever seen in my life.

When did igbo reject kachukwu...provide the EVIDENCE NOW.

Those of us from delta state knows who started that rumor and it was you southwaaste animals. There was no time any igbo from SE reject kachukwu...NOT ONCE!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
ezeagu:
Furthermore, it's only in Igboland you hear such things as Anambrarian, Abian, Imolite, Delta Ibo, etc. Other parts of the country are not stuck on states as they are on a collective identity unlike the Igbo.

Every group has their differences. Even core Yorubas with their so-called mumu empires banter about their internal differences. Ijebus, ife/modakeke, Ogun state people being wicked and so forth.

My issues are these foolish Aniomas that DENY being Igbo because of our status in Nigeria when they put us here in the first place. Opportunistic pieces of shoit!

Denying being Igbo, can you imagine?

Then rivers following suit
F***k all of them!

For all of our petty squables non-Anioma SE igbos know who we are anyday anytime. F***k the rest of them!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
ezeagu:

You obviously understand that the places referred to as the 'Delta districts' in 1900 is different from Delta State of 1991. Don't be dubious.

Oh, stop grasping at straws - Igbos were slaves all over present day Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers states.

And if Small Bonny Kingdom could have that many Igbo slaves to the extent that they outnumbered Bonny folks. What makes you think Bini didn't have twice the number as slaves?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Eastlink:
Who sampled the statistics, you from far away west or an independent observer. That means you also sampled the Ijebus, Aworis and others who deny Yoruba. The Igbo nation cannot be balkanized by foreign voices or dissenters within. Any group claiming a new ethnicity as long as they aren't willing enough to change their Igbo language, shared cultures, traditions and customs to look completely non-Igboid are just wasting their time. Nobody is taking them serious, not even the british and other europeans who studied us even before we knew ourselves nor the farthest boundary of Igboland. They (deniers) are just jokers and that joke ends anytime Nigeria is dismembered. Na then, them go see Oba. All the idiots cheering them on will abandon them when that time comes or when (God forbid) another civil war beckons. grin grin

you see, your comments is one of the reason for their action. na by force?

and for your information I know these people more than you think because I live and dine with dem.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nahwao:

Every group has their differences. Even core Yorubas with their so-called mumu empires banter about their internal differences. Ijebus, ife/modakeke, Ogun state people being wicked and so forth.

My issues are these foolish Aniomas that DENY being Igbo because of our status in Nigeria when they put us here in the first place. Opportunistic pieces of shoit!

Denying being Igbo, can you imagine?

Then rivers following suit
F***k all of them!

For all of our petty squables non-Anioma SE igbos know who we are anyday anytime. F***k the rest of them!

Some of you people are Ridiculously pathetic. The part of deniers in anioma is in the minority but obviously, you SE would rather listen to yolobas and hausa/fulani that Hates una guts than listen to your brothers from SS.

So can I really blame you? You dance to the music of your haters.
You are disgusting

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

I will ignore him for future reference. His post above suggests to me that your description of him is indeed correct. Just take a look at it lipsrsealed.

Lol. No, you had to run when facts hit you in the face looool.

I still have more loool.

Don't bark at the wrong tree next time lol.

OdenigboAroli is from Nri, a Kingdom founded by an Igala prince. But he is claiming Igbo today and I respect that lol.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Earlybird81:

On the contrary Yoruba's don't even know the difference btw Delta-Igbos or Igbos.Once you are not Hausa or Yoruba,they refer to you as Igbo.Simple!How can a non native be the one to tell you where you belong?Isn't that funny and a bit shameful for the natives?

Please just shut up.

I'm from delta and igbo and the people that always tell me I'm not igbo or inform me that I'm deltans and delta is not igbo are YORUBA. I've actually never gotten it from any other tribe except you people so he knows exactly what he's saying. Most of us have experienced that predominately from you people and nobody else

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ezeagu(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Oh, stop grasping at straws - Igbos were slaves all over present day Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers states.

And if Small Bonny Kingdom could have that many Igbo slaves to the extent that they outnumbered Bonny folks. What makes you think Bini didn't have twice the number as slaves?

I can see you're obviously in shithead mode today. Carry on.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Udmaster I am not the Rivers state Government or the representative of these groups who put this information about their people on the website, if you disagree with the Rivers State Government about Rivers state Indigenes then your truly blinded by wateva lies u hold

So the river state governmemt can tell a community what they are and deny the community what they choose to be. You very dumb

Here's another one group in river state

https://www.nairaland.com/3327624/etche-river-state-not-igbo--igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:
Suddenly, all Afonjas now have Ika/ Ikwerre/ Aniocha friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, mothers, and even fathers. grin

Ndi ara.

That's what they do. Honestly being on NL HAVE showed me greatly about yoruba people and everything about them is truly truly disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ezeagu(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Some of you people are Ridiculously pathetic. The part of deniers in anioma is in the minority but obviously, you SE would rather listen to yolobas and hausa/fulani that Hates una guts than listen to your brothers from SS.

So can I really blame you? You dance to the music of your haters.
You are disgusting

Ukwuani and Ika people are particularly vocal and harsh about their anti-Igbo stance, so people generally just lump everyone over the Niger together, I'm guessing you're Aniocha?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
ezeagu:

Nah, I just hate when people chat shitt.

Or do you want me to post the colonial map of Naij, so we can all see where the Delta districts are?

Anyway, I rate you for what you do. And since I have been on this forum - you and I have always been cordial though we did disagree in the past on different topics. But you're family. Crazy OdenigboAroli and AndreUweh as well. So I will leave it here.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ubenedictus:
There are binis who now anioma, very many villages in onitcha-ugbo goes by d prefix 'idumu' that is a bini word, it shows that the time they were named the people had a bini-ish language, the history of issele uku says they migrated from bini. i also know a chiefly anioma family and their anscentral name is isibor, which is bini not ika or iboid. There is a lot of bini anscentry in anioma.

The binis you see in anioma today are children of migrants. No offence but the Bini have also tried on multiple occasions to rewrite severall anioma history....for example: the Agbor. Prior to the current agbor king who testify that agbor kingdom stems from Benin kingdom, his father wrote a book stating otherwise. In the book, his dad attested that the origin is currently unknown and even stated and I quote "even the Bini that claims he's one of their own". It's similar to how I read an Onitsha argument about their origin and several of their people stated that the Binis migrated with their current leader to Onitsha but unfortunately, they started rewriting their history till now Onitsha is wrongly known as a kingdom started by Bini despite it is not. I've not read issele uku history so I cannot truly say if it's the same scenario but who knows

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by mabea: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
vikyno:
Honestly I don't see myself as an Igbo man. I am from Anioma and I wonder why it has always been like this. Most people I know from my side will deny the Igbo only to be betrayed by language ties.

It may as well be cultural mix with other tribes over the period of time that is the cause or perceived greed and love of money by the mainstream Igbo.
I don't issues with people denying their igbonness but where the problem lies is in how people see you. For e.g if a delta man with igbo name commits a crime or achieves a feat,he will be described as igbo.

I have also witnessed those I'm not igbo deltans who claimed igbo when in trouble. So I see it as self deceit.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
ezeagu:

Ukwuani and Ika people are particularly vocal and harsh about their anti-Igbo stance, so people generally just lump everyone over the Niger together, I'm guessing you're Aniocha?

Even within the ika community, there are several ika groups that are proudly igbo such as igbodo, Owa, etc. I bet you you aren't aware the current king working alongside Asagba to unite the entire igbo community is the current obi of Owa. Guess what? Owa kingdom is an ika community. I bet you didn't know that yet you judge all based on agbor community. Smfh.

And yes I'm aniocha. I know anioma very well and anyone from anioma land will tell you within our group the deniers are a minority, they are just very loud and attention seekers.

The sad about the entire scenario is the denier you found are caused by SE. Why? Because you lots listen to Yoruba and Hausa/fulani and then insult and belittle your own ppl because you believe "anioma hates Igbo" simply because of what the two groups that hates you tell una. Continue though!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
ezeagu:

Lol
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

Lmao. Your picture is there because of your profession. See your fallen boobs with stretch marks like zebra crossing.
Girl, I had a rough day at work, maybe some other time. Bye baby chimp.
Muah!
lol..stretch marks?? just cos you have stretch marks all over your Body doesn't mean every other girl has,there are actually girls with very nice skin that don't bother about stretch marks.."your picture is there cos of your profession"..why is it that ugly girls think every pretty girl out there is into runz?? it actually baffles me,is that a way you ugly apes console yourselves??well keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better and again you mentioned fallen boobs,that was actually really funny,I think you're actually insulting yourself,obviously you're ugly with stretch marks and fallen boobs and you had to put your frustration on me..its not my fault you have low self esteem so pls leave me out of your misery idiot

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SlayerSupreme: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
blueseacats:
I have come to realize that akwa ibomites are more at peace with igbos than any other riverine tribe. Am, of course very happy about that if it continues that way.

My fellow Igbos are becoming pathetic about trying to merge riverine areas with the mainland igbos, drop this fight and move on to a better goal.

What is a better goal? transforming Igbo land to the technological capital of Africa, form a powerful alliance with akwaibom, not because of oil but because we have enjoyed good friendship with them since the civil war, and we can use their ports as our outlet to the Atlantic and the world at large.
Honestly,Akwa Ibom dey try. They are the only ones I can stand side by side with in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by NICENEDU29: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
Byko899:
who said Anioma is not igbo, Ani simply means land in anmbra Igbo,my part of Igbo calls is Ala,but if you still say ani every one will understand you,the OMA means good or beautifull, in essence anioma means good land or beautiful land, if you want to remove your self from Igbo then first you have to change the name which is already implicating you because future generations will ask serious questions on the origin of the name, the name it self is Igbo,about two villages anambra bears that name, an agbo man can never sale me with his Igbo dialect likewise me can not sale him with my dialect, there is just one Igbo which is igbo ,if you are not Igbo you are not Igbo if you are Igbo you are igbo
Thank u very much my good brother. Ur comment on this issue is one of the best so far. In fact, u speak like an erudite Supreme Court Justice. I take off my cap for u. Pls help me educate them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Amah70: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
Looooool angry angry angry grin grin grin

Ikwerres.

But not most of the Ikwerre people are so stuuuuuppid

Only a most stupid few Ikwerress fail to understand that divided you fall - fall and remain fallen forever.

In other words, if Ikwerre is separated from the Igbo, Ikwerre remains semi-slaves to agents of divide -and-conquer -and-rule in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
bt wen ibe kachukwu was made d minister of state for petroleum, wat was d reaction of d easterners? Dey said he is from ika and not an igbo man and therefore fg can't say dat d position is being occupied by an igbo man.

Wow...I seriously pity you. SE actually never said that. The people that said it are Yoruba that claimed that SE said it. Infact I actually give you a homework...provide where SE members made such comment. I'll gladly provided you direct twitter post, and NL post where yoruba people claimed such and accused SE of it.

I thought it was only SE that falls for this people pathetic divide and rule acts but I see we have few like yourself that also do. I pity all of una...SE and the likes of you. You all are just beyond gullible.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

The person I quoted said that most Igbos in the aforementioned areas are descendants of Bini people. This is not true. There is a difference between having a small amount of Bini blood- intermixing isn't rare in a lot of places in Igboland- and being of direct Bini heritage, like that person suggested. My last name sounds a little Bini and I know that some of my ancestors migrated from Benin to where they are now. However, this was as a result of reverse migration; I'm not exactly sure why they went back to their original homeland in the East- I'll have to do some more research on that- but their 'Igboness' is undeniable.

As for your point about the locals using some Bini words to name their villages, well, that is to be expected considering that they must have spent several years living under the Benin Kingdom, in which the lingua franca was Bini. Its probably similar to how a lot of Igbos today mix some English words into Igbo- a poor comparison but I hope that you understand what I'm saying. We may have some similarities with the Bini people, that's what happens when you live under an empire, but we are not Bini.
What's the name of your village and what's your Edoid name?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Lol

Lol. NriPriest the Igala cum Igbo nyggah, I see you want me to attack Ezeagu lol.

Nah, that's a cool nyggah and fam. I'll just leave that there since I already made point.

Anyway, when are you going to start claiming ya Igala ancestry? Looooool.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bibe(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
supersystems:
I disagree with him slightly. As a Niger Deltan Man who travels and interact freely with people from different tribes Have toured and stayed in out 57 cities i think i can say one or two things about Nigeria after over 20 years in Nigeria.

Delta Igbo is a nice descriptive for my ibusa and Anoina brothers. I find them to be very straight forward people in many areas and more straight forward than my other fellow Niger Delta brothers. Infact i'm planning a resettlement i'm heading to Anioma and Ibusa axis cos i see them as a fantastic people. The descriptive gives very good report about the people not a negative one. Trust me my father and mother's side may nto see me for 20 more years ( though they haven't seen me for 20 years now ) but Anioma go see me live. They are a lovely people anyday anytime

The Urhobo's have a split unit and when u see one part you may get an imperfect view about what they think. We dont see Ifeanyi Okowa nor anyone from Asaba or Ibusa as an Igbo we see them as Aniomas who can decide who they are and their identity. Infact if there's going to be a split it wont be typical ndigbo versus urhobos etc. The Aniomas will reserve the full right to be an independent state or align with Ndigbo or The Niger Delta Overall o i'm coolest with Anioma my Urhobo Ijaw can be very sneaky attimes and yes they are my people but anyday anytime Aniomas are good people who should be proud of themselves.

The people who we all are waiting to understand is our Ikwerre people. Perhaps when i make an Ikwerre friend i can understand them beta

Niger delta is an area not an identity. Who are you? Your name is your identity and I'm certain that the word Niger delta had no roots nor meaning in your language. Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
What's the name of your village and what's your Edoid name?

What is edoid? Do you mean Bini?

In any case, I'm not telling anyone here my surname nor will I share the name of my village. Why do you want to know?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by mabea: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:
Why's this clown speaking for everyone, especially when he's from the Igbo part?

I know an Uncle who's from Agboh and he'll scream at you if you ever ask/tell him that he's Igbo. And my ex's mum is also from one of those Bini-Igbo parts and despite having a maiden name that looks Igbo, she doesn't claim it. She always claim Bini migrant lool. But my boy's parents are from the core Igbo parts of Delta and he claims Igbo all the time.

This crackhead just woke up after sniffing cow dung and smoking skunk and decided to pick an identity for everyone. Crazy lool.

like you are confused

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.