Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138751 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
blues20:

...and who wants your smelly ass to associate with us My friend take a back-sit. You don't exist.

And there you have it, the us vs them finally comes out. And you want us to believe that we are one?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ubenedictus:
There are binis who now anioma, very many villages in onitcha-ugbo goes by d prefix 'idumu' that is a bini word, it shows that the time they were named the people had a bini-ish language, the history of issele uku says they migrated from bini. i also know a chiefly anioma family and their anscentral name is isibor, which is bini not ika or iboid. There is a lot of bini anscentry in anioma.
what does isibor means?? what idumu means??
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by HERSLEY(f): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
RedTarantula:
This is the work of wicked people that always want division amongs the Igbos.

These people are quick to shout 'Igbos are in five SE states only' yet they claim to have their brothers in MB lands of Kwara & Kogi.

I don't blame them but Igbos that have fallen for this nonsense.

How can someone serve you shiit and you eat it?

When have you heard any say I am MB Yoruba or I am NW fulani but when it comes to us in the east we even shout and quarell about this.

It is so frustrating. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ishilove.
u always on the Web like a tarantula [hope u would understand this punch line tho]
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
I'm from Rivers and I am Ogba not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Iko5000: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
on a previous post I once said that

Nigerians should study the meaning of 'ethnic group' and study Nigerian history before the white man arrived in Nigeria and also before the creation of states. Delta state is not an ethic group . It comprises people from diff ethic group like Igbo , Urhobo, Itsekiri and many more. In Ukraine if your ethnicity is Russian you are Russian not Ukraine -Russia
[size=13pt][/size]
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Mckennedy:

And why are their names not bini? Shut your gwegiri smelly mouth.

Lol. A lot of you Igbos are just too illogical and emotional.

In 1900, the total population of Igbos stood at 4million. And that was half the total population of people in Southern Nigeria at that time. A lot of Yorubas lost their lives to Kiriji wars and Bini kingdom had already collapsed into smaller kingdoms everywhere.

So, why won't such an aggressive group with massive population dominate its neighbours and have an influence on their language?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Uniben4sure: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
That's a true "nwa-ada Igbo" talking.

Nne m, ya diri gi na mma oo! May your days be long and may the blessings of chukwu okike abiama be with you. Ise eeee!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

And there you have it, the us vs them finally comes out. And you want us to believe that we are one?
Just keep calm bro. His comment deserve the attack. You don't make it look like associating with Igbo is a taboo.... is a joke taken to far.
I for one, prefer the Anioma people because of their contribution to the Igbo nation....
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by francisbiz: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Yes. But are they forcing their Yoruba identity on Brazilians and Cubans the way Igbo slaves in Delta are trying to force their Igbo identity on the Binis in Delta?
Wrong! You must b an enslaved Aniocha

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
cyrilamx:
how we they mind your business when you guys are invading their lands daily like bee colonies? How will the descendants of Uthman danfodio mind their business when you so much detest them yet thrive in their lands. These people accommodate you, letting you have the economic power in their communities yet you turn around and hit them below the belt. They will let u alone when you seize to have "Eze ndi' gbo' on their soil. What you can't tolerate don't try to force it on others.
Mr.man if u don't know what ezendigbo means just close those shithole u call mouth, eze ndi Igbo u all are so ignorant about means the head of all igbos related issues it like an umbrella that covers the interest of the larger Igbo society in such state or country. not like he is a king or something. ignorance and hate won't consume u I pray.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

Wow. Instead of considering his point of view, or why he would make such statements, you just disregard it as one would fowl droppings. It's hard to have dialogue when one side insults the other.

This is, I'm sorry to say, another brick in the wall that is being built between Anioma and Igbo

That wall only exists in your head. I see no wall. My cousin is married to an Iselle Ukwu man, her Husband identifies as nothing but Igbo, when they came for Igba nkwu, our iselle Ukwu in-laws related with us in Igbo language, , he( the husband) identifies as nothing but Igbo and my distant cousins, are all Igbos from Iselle Ukwu.

The Ijomah of a man is a political jobber, we have seen his types before and he won't be the last, Lauretta Onochie towed that part with APC Igbophobic agenda, and today she is becoming irrelevant and in shame.

Why real people like Okonjo and Okocha who embraced their Igbo identities, even though it fetched them ( Okonjo) hate from Nigerians, are still soaring high today.

Look at Sunday Oliseh and how he was later disgraced out of the super Eagles after he turned out to be a failure.

Chukwu mu anya.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by MrMacinterchi1: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
cremedelacreme:
Nice write up. Igbo is Igbo. From Igbanke to Ihiala, Ahoada to Arochukwu, Oguta to Oba, Ezza to Etche. there is nothing like ''Delta Igbo'' or ''Main Igbo'.

Meanwhile....

grin grin grin grin

lol
seriously

.. seeiu
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Adaezeagu(f): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
AlNur:
Another afonja on the loose
make I bring rope make we tie am go Psychia
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

This is classical display of Stockholm syndrome.

Next time, learn to speak for your Ika group, and not entire Anioma. Enu- ani people as led by Asaba does not share in your Igbophobic propaganda.

Ikechukwu and Ugomba had pounded this into your head here, over and over.
Enu-ani shares everything in common with Onitsha and Ogbaru in Anambra.

I understand Ika people have An Edo speaking group they harboured centuries ago, by the name Oza nogogo, these people I learnt are customary tenants to Agbor kingdom and are considered part of Agbor.

I once had an argument with a seriously Igbophobic Agbor man, only to later discover that he wasn't from Igbo speaking Agbor proper, but from this Edoid customary tenants of Agbor called Oza people.
Igbo acceptance is higher in the Enuani area but did you say there's no Igbo denials there? When will igbos stop telling themselves lies and embrace the truth. Initially on this forum it was majority of Ikas see themselves as Igbos but when they saw that that lie is no longer working, they decided to narrow it down to Enuani. did you say Igbophobic? What do you mean by Igbophobic? Lol... So to you anyone that doesn't deny himself to accept you is against you? Hahaha!!! Only losers feel that way.

And what do you mean by Stockholm syndrome? Between Anioma and other Delta groups? If you say that, then you don't even know anything about Delta and Anioma politics.

In terms of human resources and man power, no group can compete with Anioma in Delta State. Even in Nigeria, no group can compete with Anioma if you put the population into consideration. We've been running things from the colonial era down to this present dispensation. Check all FG political appointment slots for Delta and see how many percent is always occupied by Anioma people. That other Delta groups get jealous and try to compete doesn't mean they're anywhere near us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I'm from Anioma but I can only understand about 50% of Central Igbo. A typical Agbor man doesn't know the meaning of words like Odum, Agu, ichie, gburugburu, ju ese, umu azi, I can go on and on. I sat an Igbo friend down last year and began to ask him the meaning of many Igbo words. I was surprised about how little I know
I am from IMO state and I don't understand some Igbo words, we learn everyday like I learnt today that beans is called agwa. we learn everyday If we are not too lazy to learn the dialect of our kit and kin from across the Niger.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
bt wen ibe kachukwu was made d minister of state for petroleum, wat was d reaction of d easterners? Dey said he is from ika and not an igbo man and therefore fg can't say dat d position is being occupied by an igbo man.
it all politically related.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
marshborn:

Which one is igbo speaking, non - igbos? What makes me an igbo man again minus the igbo language which I speak?

As you've written English now and your moniker is marshborn does it make you English?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
francisbiz:

Wrong! You must b an enslaved Aniocha

Looooool.

Nah, we sold slaves. No slavery in my ancestry. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

In 1900, the total population of Igbos stood at 4million. And that was half the total population of people in Southern Nigeria at that time. A lot of Yorubas lost their lives to Kiriji wars and Bini kingdom had already collapsed into smaller kingdoms everywhere.

So, why won't such an aggressive group with massive population dominate its neighbours and have an influence on their language?

Yorubas were primitive people. Here is an article on your phantom non existing Oyo empire by a Bini scholar.
http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/group/discussion?id=2971192%3ATopic%3A124153

There was no evidence of existence of an aggressive Igbo empire bent on expansionism.
Rather it was an expansionist Bini empire that encroached into hitherto Igbo speaking enclave known in colonial parlance as Western Igboland and influenced the government of the people.

Eastern region has the most diversity in language in Southern Nigeria, this is because Igbos were never Imperialists, we existed in clans and negotiated peace with neighbouring non Igbo speaking groups.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Abagworo:

As you've written English now and your moniker is marshborn does it make you English?

His ancestors were colonized by English people who imposed English language on him.

Now, at what point did Ndiigbo colonize these Igbo speaking non Igbos and imposed Igbo language on them? cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by francisbiz: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
WHO-EVER POSTED THIS TOPIC MUST BE AN ENEMY OF NDI-IGBO! IF U ARE A TRUE ONYE-IGBO IGNORE THIS TOPIC.
MY NAME IS OKEY FROM ANIOCHA-NORTH LG IN DELTA & I AM A BONA FIDE IGBO MAN.
I AM ONYE-IGBO. I WILL NEVER BE A BINI MAN, TUFIAKWA!
LOVE BEING IGBO!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ubenedictus(m): 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Are many Yorubas ancestrally Yorubas?

Are the Ijebus not Sudanese descendants? Is Oduduwa not a Bini Prince?

Is Lagos dynasty no longer of Bini ancestry?
Are most Oyo people not Nupes who conquered Katunga and assimilated into the Yoruba groups there? Are half of those Yoruba speaking Kwarans no longer Hausa and Fulani people that conquered those places, but were still overwhelmed by the indigenous population, so much that they had to assimilate and today speak and answer Yoruba names?

What's this fascination of Nigerians with everything Igbo. Are there any ethnic group on earth that is 100% homogeneous and don't incorporate non ethnic neighboring migrant societies who become assimilated into their host language and culture?
The problem is that we dont know who are the migrants and who are the first settlers in this case. many of d villages could be bini, some ibo, so even igala, what we are sure is dat there are several migration waves.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Yorubas were primitive people. Here is an article on your phantom non existing Oyo empire by a Bini scholar.
http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/group/discussion?id=2971192%3ATopic%3A124153

There was no evidence of existence of an aggressive Igbo empire bent on expansionism.
Rather it was an expansionist Bini empire that encroached into hitherto Igbo speaking enclave known in colonial parlance as Western Igboland and influenced the government of the people.

Eastern region has the most diversity in language in Southern Nigeria, this is because Igbos were never Imperialists, we existed in clans and negotiated peace with neighbouring non Igbo speaking groups.

Don't derail the thread cos you will end up making me spam academic proofs of Igbo cannibalism on this thread. And that wasn't written by an illiterate Bini revisionist - it was part of the records British missionaries kept on their first visit to Igboland. Be warned.

As for Bini, without a Yoruba man fvcking a Bini woman to sire a son who later became the founder of the Oba dynasty and Benin kingdom - Bini won't even be relevant today loool. Binis are my sons and their Oba still walks around with my crown lool.

Don't derail the thread. Let's stick to Delta Binis vs Igbos.

Cheers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
attackgat:
It is time to do away with this word "Delta Igbo". It is as insulting as calling me 'Anambra Igbo'. All this divide and rule is as a result of being in the British contraption called Nigeria. When we get our independence, everything from Asaba to Igbanke in Edo will be incuded in the "Greater Igbo confederation" and the words 'Anioma' and 'Delta-Igbo' will die a natural death. Igbo is Igbo.

Your head nor correct. Who tell you say Edo people like to join Biafra? Make una comot Delta State for una map cause Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw nor want una neither. Honestly when it comes to tribalism nobody like Igbo people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

They are related, but (and this is critical), not the same person.
Moreover, if they had descendants, I assume Abel's would be wary of their cousins for a long long time.
stop deviating from the points. are they not from the same sources that the question he asked.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mcowubaba: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
blueseacats:
I have come to realize that akwa ibomites are more at peace with igbos than any other riverine tribe. Am, of course very happy about that if it continues that way.

My fellow Igbos are becoming pathetic about trying to merge riverine areas with the mainland igbos, drop this fight and move on to a better goal.

What is a better goal? transforming Igbo land to the technological capital of Africa, form a powerful alliance with akwaibom, not because of oil but because we have enjoyed good friendship with them since the civil war, and we can use their ports as our outlet to the Atlantic and the world at large.
You are 100 percent right..
Akwa Ibom people are lovely kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Igbo acceptance is higher in the Enuani area but did you say there's no Igbo denials there? When will igbos stop telling themselves lies and embrace the truth. Initially on this forum it was majority of Ikas see themselves as Igbos but when they saw that that lie is no longer working, they decided to narrow it down to Enuani. did you say Igbophobic? What do you mean by Igbophobic? Lol... So to you anyone that doesn't deny himself to accept you is against you? Hahaha!!! Only losers feel that way.

And what do you mean by Stockholm syndrome? Between Anioma and other Delta groups? If you say that, then you don't even know anything about Delta and Anioma politics.

In terms of human resources and man power, no group can compete with Anioma in Delta State. Even in Nigeria, no group can compete with Anioma if you put the population into consideration. We've been running things from the colonial era down to this present dispensation. Check all FG political appointment slots for Delta and see how many percent is always occupied by Anioma people. That other Delta groups get jealous and try to compete doesn't mean they're anywhere near us

Igbo denial in Enu ani is a very very minute issue. Like. 2% of the population.

So ultimately, Enu ani political inclination in regards to the Igbo identity is at variance with those of Ika.

Where exactly was it written here that majority of Ikas see themselves as Igbos?

Ikechukwu and Ugomba who are Enu ani men here had warned you several times to stop pulling Enu- ani into Ika identity crisis.

The gladiators in Enu- ani are always Igbo, I am yet to see one of them that deny being Igbo. From
Elumelu, to Okonji to Okocha, to Osadebey, to Asagba of Asaba.

They are all proudly Igbos. Stop attaching your identity crisis to them, it won't stick.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:

Igbo denial in Enu ani is a very very minute issue. Like. 2% of the population.

So ultimately, Enu ani political inclination in regards to the Igbo identity is at variance with those of Ika.

Where exactly was it written here that majority of Ikas see themselves as Igbos?

Ikechukwu and Ugomba who are Enu ani men here had warned you several times to stop pulling Enu- ani into Ika identity crisis.

The gladiators in Enu- ani are always Igbo, I am yet to see one of them that deny being Igbo. From
Elumelu, to Okonji to Okocha,to Pat Utomi to Osadebey, to Asagba of Asaba.

They are all proudly Igbos. Stop attaching your identity crisis to them, it won't stick.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Manamax(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
u used d word IBOS . That's d problem d so called igbos from across d Niger will say dat we aniomas are IBOS and not igbo. So y forcing aniomas now to accept that dey are igbos

Igbo and Ibo are the same just like Ikechuku and Ikechukwu. Another examples are Nnadi and Nnamdi, Ugueze and Ugwueze etc. No one is forcing Anioma to be Igbo. Please what is the meaning of Anioma in Bini?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

In your delude mind....trash
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
OMAR12:
I am from IMO state and I don't understand some Igbo words, we learn everyday like I learnt today that beans is called agwa. we learn everyday If we are not too lazy to learn the dialect of our kit and kin from across the Niger.
If you're honest, you will understand that these two situations are completely different. I'm telling you this and you can find out from anybody from Agbor and environs. We can't speak Igbo but we understand Igbo to some extent but still get lost every now and again. But to twist your tongue to speak Igbo? No way.

This argument might not have come out if not for the double standards of the Europeans that classifies everybody else as one but are quick to pronounce their differences. If not can anybody explain to me why Dutch and German is different language and Chinese The same language? Even Portuguese and Spanish/French and Italia that are said to be 90 % lexically similar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by francisbiz: 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Looooool.

Nah, we sold slaves. No slavery in my ancestry. Lol
Slaves don't slaves, the binis enslaved the Aniochas. Aniocha is pure IGBO thats why our language refused to die. Like Yoruba & Okukumi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.