Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138910 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
vikyno:
Honestly I don't see myself as an Igbo man. I am from Anioma and I wonder why it has always been like this. Most people I know from my side will deny the Igbo only to be betrayed by language ties.

It may as well be cultural mix with other tribes over the period of time that is the cause or perceived greed and love of money by the mainstream Igbo.

HAHAHAHA...... SEE MUMU...... WHAT IS ANIOMA IN ENGLISH ISN'T IT GOOD LAND
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ubenedictus:
It is not so cut and dry many anioma people are anscetral non ibos. besides anioma is a new construct.

Are many Yorubas ancestrally Yorubas?

Are the Ijebus not Sudanese descendants? Is Oduduwa not a Bini Prince?

Is Lagos dynasty no longer of Bini ancestry?
Are most Oyo people not Nupes who conquered Katunga and assimilated into the Yoruba groups there? Are half of those Yoruba speaking Kwarans no longer Hausa and Fulani people that conquered those places, but were still overwhelmed by the indigenous population, so much that they had to assimilate and today speak and answer Yoruba names?

What's this fascination of Nigerians with everything Igbo. Are there any ethnic group on earth that is 100% homogeneous and don't incorporate non ethnic neighboring migrant societies who become assimilated into their host language and culture?

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
and the yoruba descendants in Brazil and Cuba? Was it not slave trade?

Yes. But are they forcing their Yoruba identity on Brazilians and Cubans the way Igbo slaves in Delta are trying to force their Igbo identity on the Binis in Delta?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by NICENEDU29: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
HenryThegreat1:
. Yes, I'm from Agbor but i can't speak igbo neither will igbo man speaks or understand agbor
That is not true. I hav a friend who is from Agbor, while am from Ebonyi State. Each time I speak Igbo to her she understands it well and if she speaks Agbor to me I too understand it well. So get your facts right ok.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Yes. I kicked the knowledge you need to get into ya thick skull.

Stop trying to claim everyone and stop forcing ya identity on people who have no ancestral connection with you. A lot of those people can trace their ancestral lineage to Bini. So why try to turn them Igbo?

The only reason why Igbos are there in the first place is cos Igbos were slaves everywhere around that axis all the way to present day Rivers. They came as slaves and later outnumbered the indigenous people and later settled there. Why do think Binis call Igbos, "Igbons"? Igbon means slave.

Everything is well documented and I will post excerpts from the accounts of British explorers in the 1800s in the "Liverpool to Onitsha" records. Igbos had the highest population in that axis (or even the whole today's Nigeria) back then and they were about 4milliion. However, the Igbos who weren't in Igboland were slaves in the other places. It is well documented.

So, why would slaves declare their own identity on the people they met there?

what's the meaning ifeanyi in bini ? Until then I wl take you serious.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Doug07034780891(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jobless hopeless clown what does Owerre/Owerre(backyard) mean to you?

Abagworo:

Igbo is Ibo just like Agbara is Abara or Okpara is Opara. Autography is different from spoken words and dialects. Writing Orka as Awka only changes its autography but not what it represents nor even pronunciation.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Yes. But are they forcing their Yoruba identity on Brazilians and Cubans the way Igbo slaves in Delta are trying to force their Igbo identity on the Binis in Delta?
this ur reply shows how I wasted my time arguing with you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

You are lost. They call you Igbos because they know you are Igbos. They have been there with you all through.

They knew when your sons were basking in the glory of the Igbo Union, when the Igbo ethnic group was at the peak of her prowess, they knew you took delight in being Igbo then, and they know why some of you are running away from your shadows.

Perhaps you need Prof Ita Sagay to reset you malfunctioning brain again, nkwa I present Mr Sagay therapy to you: https://www.nairaland.com/2858845/prof-sagay-many-igbos-didnt
Itse Sagay? Baby that's Delta politics for you. And truttruth be told, we were not supposed to be part of Delta but for some reasons, we ended up with them and luckily had the capital of a State we were not included in the original plan situated in our area. That's the main reason for the bitter politics in Delta. They felt shortchanged so to remind you that you were not supposed to be in a State were you have the capital, they call you Igbo. But truth be told, we also have so many things in common especially in culture and to some extent, in our worldview which was as a result of having the same origin. Anioma and Igbo don't have anything in common. Our lives are complete opposite, different worldview, different cultures only similar languages which unfortunately is more pronounced. That's why many Nigerians readily label the whole Anioma as Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by francisbiz: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
FALACY! SHAME ON YOU!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

You sound so "lunatic" how can a person be slave in his own house?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
HenryThegreat1:
. Yes, I'm from Agbor but i can't speak igbo neither will igbo man speaks or understand agbor
I dare u to speak agbor, av never stayed a day in agbor neither have I interacted with so many agbors just one or 2 BT I dare u. the this is just laziness of one other Igbo dialect to learn from the other or let me say adapt to the other. speak agbor, agbor is not on Google translate and I will tell u what u spoke.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
NICENEDU29:

That is not true. I hav a friend who is from Agbor, while am from Ebonyi State. Each time I speak Igbo to her she understands it well and if she speaks Agbor to me I too understand it well. So get your facts right ok.
. u may understand other Delta Igbo languages but for Agbor u lie.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
this ur reply shows how I wasted my time arguing with you

Lol. It just shows that logic/common-sense is foreign to you.

You cited Yorubas in Brazil and Cuba who got there as slaves and have since assimilated into their new identity.

Why can't Igbos who got to Delta as slaves do the same? Why're they trying to usurp the indigenous people there, who have Bini ancestry, by trying to turn them into Igbo?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by sirade(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Are we still in this page ?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
marshborn:

Didn't we also leave udi in Enugu to its fate? The Nigerian army invaded igboland through there. So what's ur point?
...thats an anioma mans explanation of y he dnt like bin called igbo anyway
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
Mckennedy:

You sound so "lunatic" how can a person be slave in his own house?

Shut ya gob. They were slaves and it is well documented.

Onitsha was the buffer zone between Bini and Igbos. And even a lot of those from Onitsha have Bini ancestry, including the ruling families. So, how is anywhere in Delta "their house"?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
c u don't get my point am a proud igbo bt from experience and those of pple close to me. D way d igbos from across d Niger treat themselves is not d same way dey treat d aniomas. So of dem wil boldly tell u dat u are not one of dem and that u are from South South not East. D estaerners are d major reason y aniomas deny to b igbos
such are been perpetuated by the ignorant ones, as well as those who are lazy in trying to understand the dialect of their fellow igbomen. I do watch movies on African magic Igbo unto who's dialect are by far distinct from central Igbo, most of my peers who are igbos where complaining that they don't understand, BT after listening to it properly with kin interest u find out that they are all the same, the Igbo language from anioma axis is quiet faster than those of us in the south east that just it.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Itse Sagay? Baby that's Delta politics for you. And truttruth be told, we were not supposed to be part of Delta but for some reasons, we ended up with them and luckily had the capital of a State we were not included in the original plan situated in our area. That's the main reason for the bitter politics in Delta. They felt shortchanged so to remind you that you were not supposed to be in a State were you have the capital, they call you Igbo. But truth be told, we also have so many things in common especially in culture and to some extent, in our worldview which was as a result of having the same origin. Anioma and Igbo don't have anything in common. Our lives are complete opposite, different worldview, different cultures only similar languages which unfortunately is more pronounced. That's why many Nigerians readily label the whole Anioma as Igbo

This is classical display of Stockholm syndrome.

Next time, learn to speak for your Ika group, and not entire Anioma. Enu- ani people as led by Asaba does not share in your Igbophobic propaganda.

Ikechukwu and Ugomba had pounded this into your head here, over and over.
Enu-ani shares everything in common with Onitsha and Ogbaru in Anambra.

I understand Ika people have An Edo speaking group they harboured centuries ago, by the name Oza nogogo, these people I learnt are customary tenants to Agbor kingdom and are considered part of Agbor.

I once had an argument with a seriously Igbophobic Agbor man, only to later discover that he wasn't from Igbo speaking Agbor proper, but from this Edoid customary tenants of Agbor called Oza people.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by GMbuharii: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
My igbo brethren,please,whether ye be from the 5 eastern state or from the south south states,you are one. Dont allow the adversaries and enemies of peace and brotherliness from enemy tribes set you and your love for oneanother apart. Keep your heads up,GOD will take you to canaanland. We,the Edos,love and believe in you and got your back. Ignore and beware of the brother_head_knocking enemy!!! Be focused. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by papparatzzi2013: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Kenzkenz:
The igbo bible and other igbo text books are written in igbo language which all of us read. that same language what's the difference. the yorubas of Togo and co still pay homeage to Yoruba land because they speak that language called Yoruba. is there any text book or bible written in any language called delta igbo. I think no. But if there is let us know

Revisionist. Yorubas in Togo are not slaves. Yorubas never lost any war.

We conquered the Ewe and Fons in Benin Republic and Togo, down to the Ashanti Kingdom of Ghana.

They were all paying tributaries to Alaafin, the Emperor of that time and all conquered lands made yoruba language their official language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Shut ya gob. They were slaves and it is well documented.

Onitsha was the buffer zone between Bini and Igbos. And even a lot of those from Onitsha have Bini ancestry, including the ruling families. So, how is anywhere in Delta "their house"?

And why are their names not bini? Shut your gwegiri smelly mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
guy, you're Ika, you're not Igob. Nobody begs you to be Igbo. Locate the guy that wrote that crap on Facebook and lecture him.... You make it look like we're beging you to be Igbo. Wokem, you're not Igbo. Chikena

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Unimaginable123:
is nigeria a tribe? Aniocha, Ika, ndokwa, Oshimili are all igbo words

To early European visitors to Nigeria, yes all of Nigeria was one big tribe of unintelligable dark skinned peoples. Only after time and familiarity does one refine the ideas and see differences. Not just to divide and conquer, but to appreciate the distinctions

Forum members (myself included) may be good at coining analogies, witty remarks, and zingers - which in of itself is a good thing - but the fact remains that we want to be identified as Anioma, not Igbo. We have given our reasons for why we want to make this self determination, and we don't understand why others are imposing an identity we don't want.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abbiboy: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
attackgat:
It is time to do away with this word "Delta Igbo". It is as insulting as calling me 'Anambra Igbo'. All this divide and rule is as a result of being in the British contraption called Nigeria. When we get our independence, everything from Asaba to Igbanke in Edo will be incuded in the "Greater Igbo confederation" and the words 'Anioma' and 'Delta-Igbo' will die a natural death. Igbo is Igbo.

if u can't accept the fact that i'm bendel or delta...go hug transformer i can neva n will neva associate mysef with the igbos!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

So a couple of misled sons of Anioma makes all of us complicit? Is that right?

I'm not claiming to know more than him, after all he is my elder and a traditional ruler. However, I have also been educated by his peers, other rulers and accomplished men who disagree with his point of view. Who is to say he is more right that the others? The advantage of an open mind is one seeks the opinions of those who know better (even if they differ and compete), digests their teachings, and comes up with his own interpretation. Most of our leaders are seeing, with the benefit of hindsight, the errors of their assumptions and hopes as younger men. They are now realizing and acknowledging that there is a distinct Anioma identity, which must be nourished and cherished.

So somebody says "you are so and so", does that mean you cannot reply "no, actually, this is what I am"?

These are the two I could easily find... there are publications in print that I can dig up too...

https://www.nairaland.com/2507315/anioma-asaba-people-not-igbo (which references "The ANIOMA, Vol. 10, No 1, May,
1999, p. 11"wink

https://books.google.com/books?id=jOS4CwAAQBAJ&lpg=PT17&ots=Z1I2z6e8cR&dq=anioma%20%20ebonyi%20state%20creation&pg=PT17#v=onepage&q=anioma%20%20ebonyi%20state%20creation&f=false

Lol! You must be joking.

There no such proof there. Just the usual faeces coming from kunirum mouth. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
cyrilamx:
you called Hausas/Yorubas cowards, but they are benevolent hosts. You are like tick feeding on their blood, you won't leave their lands alone. Your survival depends on the magnanimity of them. You scream biafra yet you sit like olumu rock in the region of tribes you so detest, while fanning the ember of persecution. What a paradox! To be candid, the igbos need other tribes mire than those tribes need them. Just take the population ratio of igbos in other lands to their hosting other tribes. Even before amalgamation, the igbos have been in romance with the Hausas. This tell why Zik's mum was from Niger state and him born in the north. For those claiming igbanke land, dare not if you don't want to share the fate of the Onyeregbulems. The binis are friendly and few, but you don't toil with the tail of the cobra. The Benin monarch won't take such arrant nonsense from some marauding conquistadors or land grabbers. If the igbos are really sincere about Biafra, all of them should return home and burn down the Niger bridge. By such act, they would have forcefully severe their ties with the rest of this political entity. Until they do this, I guess they are in self delusion because economic ties us their first priority than cultural affiliation....
burn the bridge and leave our brother behind, we can never make such mistake again. igbanke is of the Igbo stock I will not fan the ember of war with u, onyeregbulem is of one individual, we will crush anyone that dares crosses path with us with regards to igbanke issue. I dare u again.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! You must be joking.

There no such proof there. Just the usual faeces coming from kunirum mouth. grin

Wow. Instead of considering his point of view, or why he would make such statements, you just disregard it as one would fowl droppings. It's hard to have dialogue when one side insults the other.

This is, I'm sorry to say, another brick in the wall that is being built between Anioma and Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abbiboy: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
My name NDUKA.
frm delta state...i rep proudly bendel or delta for short.

Call me delta-igbo u're just wasting ur time.

Bcus i'll neva be an igbo man not now or in the next after life..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by francisbiz: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
@CHUKZYBLINZ, Shame on you! Learn a little- here are some anioma towns and there origins- ASABA-NTEJE, IGALA & ANAM. OGWASHI- NRI. IBUSA- ISUOFIA. OZO~UBULU- UBULU~UKU etc.
Aniochas are Igbos conqurered by binis. OLUKUMI & EBU are the only non-IGBO
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
abbiboy:

if u can't accept the fact that i'm bendel or delta...go hug transformer i can neva n will neva associate mysef with the igbos!!!!
...and who wants your smelly ass to associate with us My friend take a back-sit. You don't exist.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
"when in 1996 our people were assured of support from Ndi Igbo
during our quest for Anioma state?

Anioma state was not created instead Ebonyi was, thanks to the
last minute turn around and support from Ndi Igbo. This
experience was articulated by Professor Ijomah during the
Congress of Izu-Anioma held at the POCO Plaza, Ogwashiuku,
March 3rd, 1998, when he said, "... it was agreed during the last
state creation exercise that Anioma State should be created. When
the stakes were down, the Ibos across the Niger abandoned the
Anioma quest at the last hour and supported the creation of
Ebonyi State which was not seriously being canvassed before
then, causing Anioma to lose." (The ANIOMA, Vol. 10, No 1, May,
1999, p. 11)"

This is what you are talking about? Beer parlour gist from Prof Ijomah with no factual evidence?
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nkem4040:
Yorubba I hope you are reading? Stop dividing us; that's his message!
who is dividing you. I didn't even know what is called delta igbo if not when I got to service and heard my two friends calling themselves igbo and delta igbo. When I said you ppl are enemy of unaself, una no won gree.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.