|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,738,609 members, 6,493,466 topics. Date: Friday, 17 September 2021 at 08:57 AM
|Advice My Friend. by chillingbabe: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2016|
On a cool day,she was relaxing, then she received a facebook friend request from someone she doesn't know. She viewed the profile,then accepted randomly without thinking of anything..
The next day,she got an invite for an interview in a company. The company name seemed familiar cos she realised she saw it somewhere,the guy that sent her a Facebook request works for the company as the Human resource manager. She attended the interview, lo and behold her interviewer was the hr manager that added her on facebook. She acted normally without acting like the face seemed familiar.
My questions are as follows:-
1) Was she supposed to act like the face seemed familiar and even go to the extent of saying "I recently accepted a Facebook request from you".
2) Why did he choose to add her on facebook before sending her an invite for interview?
3) Does it mean he would consider her?
4) Can she chat him up on Facebook saying "you interviewed me,hope i'll be offered the jobthing,etc" and also act friendly or she should just forget about the whole thing and pray she gets it.
Matured responds please...Thanks
|Re: Advice My Friend. by mofeblij12: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2016|
Well, different folks in the HR departments of most firms today use different means to get the right candidate (s).
To your questions,
1. She was supposed to act "Normal" without putting forward any form of familiarity. A friend of mine was once interviewing a friend of his for a role. He went to the extent of asking harder questions just to prove to the panel he was not gonna be biased and his friend got the job. If it is for a SOCIAL MEDIA ROLES, she might go to the extent of saying she has a large friends list in order to promote her brand or a firm's brand and that she "recently accepted a Facebook request from some people even a day before". That's more like it.
2. He might want to test how often she socializes on Social Media and also, to get a detailed info from her profile. Only your friends on facebook can see some details on your profile anyway.
3. NO!NO!NO! It doesn't mean at all but might play a part, Guys ehnn
4. She may Try that at her own detriment, that's probably why the guy did that. If she begins to lobby and try to pressure the guy to considering her, then she is done for as the guy would always demand whatever from her after she joins the firm. Let her keep her cool, maintain her integrity and allow God help her out.
My piece for your friend, (****which might be you personally....smiles)
|Re: Advice My Friend. by chillingbabe: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2016|
|Re: Advice My Friend. by benedima: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2016|
I think the Hr guy knows exactly what he's doing and as such your friend should behave as If she doesn't know anything.... But if the hr later message her on fb or talk about it , then, she should also play along.
Warning.... She shouldn't be too eager because the hr knows what he's doing.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61