Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. (10883 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by waldigit: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2016
cloudgoddess:

undecided

1. No one has ever come back from the dead, as in from the actual grave, to say that they saw heaven. It's always people who are in a coma or some temporary unconscious state.

And, everyone who reports an NDE does so in the context of their own beliefs. Hindus see Hindu gods and goddesses, Muslims see Mohammad, and Christians see Jesus. This is very good evidence that they're experiencing dream-like altered states and/or hallucinations (brought on by the huge amount of neurochemicals released in near death) biased by their own subconscious religious convictions. Not anything that exists in reality.

2. Your statement that no atheist has come back to say atheism is true is pretty ridiculous. Of course not, atheists recognize that after death, the organs responsible for all sensory input and perception are no longer functioning. There is no "coming back". And we observe this in every person who has ever died (completely died, not a coma or temporary heart failure but full organ death) and been buried.

I am not in the mood to engage on the NDE topic. But I can tell from your response that you are still a student on the topic. If you check my other post you observed that I laid emphasis on verifiable evidences and not theories and personal opinions.
I believe the information age has done enough justice to this. I don't see any common sense in classifying resurrected dead of 7 days as NDE.
Also, I rely on opinion of experts who until their experiences were non Christians especially Atheists. Many of them are world renowned scientist. Many of them have published their works. That's why I said info age has settled this issue, but since it's our nature in this part of d world that we don't read, I find it tough trying to convince people, but for discerning heart, the barrier to knowledge has been pulled down since 1980s.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2016
waldigit:

I am not in the mood to engage on the NDE topic. But I can tell from your response that you are still a student on the topic. If you check my other post you observed that I laid emphasis on verifiable evidences and not theories and personal opinions.
I believe the information age has done enough justice to this. I don't see any common sense in classifying resurrected dead of 7 days as NDE.
Also, I rely on opinion of experts who until their experiences were non Christians especially Atheists. Many of them are world renowned scientist. Many of them have published their works. That's why I said info age has settled this issue, but since it's our nature in this part of d world that we don't read, I find it tough trying to convince people, but for discerning heart, the barrier to knowledge has been pulled down since 1980s.

She is a kid who is claimiing to be scientifically knowledgeable through copy and paste.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Despiero so you cannot answer my question regarding the last time you stood up against islamic beliefs on any thread here on nairaland.

You guys are pathetic and chronic deceptive LIARS!
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

We were talking about life purpose for an ATHEIST! I asked you the question so was I talking about the world when specifically asking you a direct question. My question is still on this thread. I said " WHAT IS THE VALUE OF LIFE AS AN ATHEIST"

Stop being dishonest and stingy with the truth.

See for yourself.
By your own hands, you compared life purpose of an Atheist with that if a Theist!
Who's shying from the truth now?

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:18am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:
Despiero so you cannot answer my question regarding the last time you stood up against islamic beliefs on any thread here on nairaland.

You guys are pathetic and chronic deceptive LIARS!

The subject of our argument wasn't standing up against inhuman acts by theists. STOP DIGRESSING
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

See for yourself.
By your own hands, you compared life purpose of an Atheist with that if a Theist!

what he'll do now is create back and forth till you're tired and just say something else

he strikes me as someone who frowns behind the keyboard, here we are having fun
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

See for yourself.

The question there clearly says "WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DIFFERENT" it was a direct question to you an Atheist. GOSH! How is it that you do not have the ability to comprehend.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

The subject of our argument wasn't standing up against inhuman acts by theists. STOP DIGRESSING

Yet you used islam to site a horrid example...yeah right.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 9:24am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

You do realise that you are an adult who is talking with a fellow adult. Why do you sound childish with this flimsy excuse for what someone experienced in such harsh environments and under such a deadly illness.

So coincidentally both her NDE experience and the supposed spontaneous remmission you claim had to conveniently happen side by side?
her NDE happened because of her coma.,,spotaneous remission coincidental..her immune system just boosted

So do NDEs cause such remissions because we have seen lots of cases where NDEs and healings occur immediately after. Show me one case of a spontaneous remmission under medical conditions of that which she suffered from or if its even possible.
ann cameron...her stage IV colon cancer was healed just by taking carrot juice...

Can srage 4 cancer for example experience a spontaneous remission?
yes...her's is an example...many more

Can final stage AIDS experience spontaneous remission? Answer pls.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

The question there clearly says "WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DIFFERENT" it was a direct question to you an Atheist. GOSH! How is it that you do not have the ability to comprehend.

And in answering that, I mentioned something I see as a flaw in some theists which is religious killings. Isn't that a way of pointing out the difference between me and them?

They kill for religious reasons, and I don't. Isn't that a difference?
What's your problem?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what he'll do now is create back and forth till you're tired and just say something else

he strikes me as someone who frowns behind the keyboard, here we are having fun

That's being CROOKED
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

And in answering that, I mentioned something I see as a flaw in some theists which is religious killings. Isn't that a way of pointing out the difference between me and them?

They kill for religious reasons, and I don't. Isn't that a difference?
What's your problem?

The person who asked you the question you answered is he Christian or muslim? So when answering him who is a Christian why use islamic acts as an example and then clump us all together with the word THEISTS.

Now tell me were you being honest?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The effects of alcohol wear off once the alcohol is out of your system. You can take alcohol anytime to re-create its effect. This is clearly physical, or do you know anyone who has had a permanent physiological alteration as a result of alcohol intake?
we are saying the same thing...why does your ''i'' feel this effect? If it was immune to the authority of the brain...
Somethings just happen...
A man named Jason padgett became a mathematical genius after he was hit on the head by robbers...was ignorant in mathematics before..
I dont think if this ''immaterial I'' can exist nd function without the brain.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

The person who asked you the question you answered is he Christian or muslim? So when answering him who is a Christian why use islamic acts as an example and then clump us all together with the word THEISTS.

Now tell me were you being honest?

The person who asked the question is a theist. Our subject of discussion was on atheist and theist purpose in Life. Are Muslims not theist? Why should I omit them when I discuss theists?
When I classify Muslims as theist do you see that as dishonest?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

Now you are a statistician? Virtually everyone on earth has an innate desire to succeed and by so doing help others to succeed.
not really..
Christians concentrate on a hypothetical afterlife

Life interlocks at that point but we then ruin it by adding racial divides and religious affiliations to it much like you atheists are doing by calling religious folks unintelligent and caged.
religion divides humans
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

not really..
Christians concentrate on a hypothetical afterlife

religion divides humans

Chai....so Racism does not divide humans? Tribalism which is an aspect of Racism does not?

So believing in an after life makes us unsuccessful? How successful are you?

Just stop talking pls.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

Na lie? If it were true then every true and lover of Christianity would be easily slipping through the cracks but are they?

I have been in ministry for close to 20yrs and still going strong so why havent I easily slipped through the cracks?

My ingredients for true Christianity is not falsehood or selfishness or hate or spite or pride but the right opposite.

I go out of my way for everyone. I stay up at odd hours of the night not because of personal gain but someone elses gain at no charge...I travel long distances for the sake of others...I give without expecting anything in return and everytime I am blessed as I add value to others as my Bible declares "I am blessed that I may be a blessing".

So answer me did I lie?
yes you did...
Staunch christians do become atheist...or unless youre willing to accept peter hitchens was not a true atheist
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

The person who asked the question is a theist. Our subject of discussion was on atheist and theist purpose in Life. Are Muslims not theist? Why should I omit them when I discuss theists?
When I classify Muslims as theist do you see that as dishonest?

The person who asked the question is a Christian first and foremost.

Why respond to that Christian by using islam as an example when the Christian asked you for a question with direct reference to Atheism. Why did he not ask you a question with reference to Buddhism or Agnosticism?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

yes you did...
Staunch christians do become atheist...or unless youre willing to accept peter hitchens was not a true atheist

So your comparison is Peter hitchens whom you lied that he only converted after his brothers death and I corrected you.

Every supposed Christian who became an atheist has a story and if you evaluate their story you would discover that they had no true footing in Christianity as their foundation was not truly Christ but other things like family, societal acceptance or prestige.... true Christians are those who endure till the end.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

The person who asked the question is a Christian first and foremost.

Why respond to that Christian by using islam as an example when the Christian asked you for a question with direct reference to Atheism. Why did he not ask you a question with reference to Buddhism or Agnosticism?

That's because unlike you who are after my personal unbelief, I'm not after your Christian faith in particular. I simply am discussing how I differ from theists generally which YOU mentioned as 90%; with respect to my purpose.

Can't you argue without taking it PERSONAL
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by ColdHardTruth: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

So your comparison is Peter hitchens whom you lied that he only converted after his brothers death and I corrected you.

Every supposed Christian who became an atheist has a story and if you evaluate their story you would discover that they had no true footing in Christianity as their foundation was not truly Christ but other things like family, societal acceptance or prestige.... true Christians are those who endure till the end.

you mean those who stay deluded to the end

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2016
ColdHardTruth:

you mean those who stay deluded to the end

Lol you need to see the irony in your very own comment....hint...Atheist Delusion 101.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

That's because unlike you who are after my personal unbelief, I'm not after your Christian faith in particular. I simply am discussing how I differ from theists generally which YOU mentioned as 90%; with respect to my purpose.

Can't you argue without taking it PERSONAL

Whats the essence when you refuse to learn from it? It was my life vs yours but you flipped the script and went all islamic on me. Did I do that?

Life is personal first before being collective. So yes it has to be personal.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

Whats the essence when you refuse to learn from it? It was my life vs yours but you flipped the script and went all islamic on me. Did I do that?

Life is personal first before being collective. So yes it has to be personal.

Point of Correction:
It was never my life against yours. The posts can say it all.
I've seen what you were struggling for all these while. So that's what its all about for you. About who's better between us? LMAO. You've got me wrong then.
No wonder! I know you have a record of making arguments personal. You enjoy it
I don't take arguments personal. Having seen your aim for the argument this would be my last response on this issue.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

Chai....so Racism does not divide humans? Tribalism which is an aspect of Racism does not?
your religion is the cut-out of a racist religion...
All im saying is that religion is one of the causes of division

So believing in an after life makes us unsuccessful?
when it is taken too seriously..
And it makes people show fake altruism..all for a selfish reward
Belief in the afterlife is even misleading....just look at islamic suicide bombers...

How successful are you?
^^^ not lacking a ''need''

Just stop talking pls.
keep it professional sire..
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

stop this joke ni!
I told you what i meant by ''fear of hell''

likewise every atheist.. They didnt really shake off the fear of hell,,freethink etc
conversions happen..its normal..you just dont want to accept this truth
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

we are saying the same thing...why does your ''i'' feel this effect? If it was immune to the authority of the brain...
Somethings just happen...
A man named Jason padgett became a mathematical genius after he was hit on the head by robbers...was ignorant in mathematics before..
I dont think if this ''immaterial I'' can exist nd function without the brain.
I guess we'll never never reach a point of agreement since there's no way of knowing for sure whether the brain is involved or not. There's an explanation for what happened to your Padgett guy though, Savant syndrome it's called.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

Point of Correction:
It was never my life against yours. The posts can say it all.
I've seen what you were struggling for all these while. So that's what its all about for you. About who's better between us? LMAO. You've got me wrong then.
No wonder! I know you have a record of making arguments personal. You enjoy it
I don't take arguments personal. Having seen your aim for the argument this would be my last response on this issue.

Good riddance!
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I guess we'll never never reach a point of agreement since there's no way of knowing for sure whether the brain is involved or not.
i need to know your views first..so as to be able to create a base

There's an explanation for what happened to your Padgett guy though, Savant syndrome it's called.
oh i see..
Ive Read it up..but its still one of those things..
Like that anita...a christian would say yhwh healed her...a muslim will say allah..
She..said none of those figures did so..she didnt switch religions or become religious..only more spiritual..
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

i need to know your views first..so as to be able to create a base

oh i see..
Ive Read it up..but its still one of those things..
Like that anita...a christian would say yhwh healed her...a muslim will say allah..
She..said none of those figures did so..she didnt switch religions or become religious..only more spiritual..
You want to know my views so that you can back me into a corner. It should be about truth and not putting one's views down.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You want to know my views so that you can back me into a corner. It should be about truth and not putting one's views down.
lol i didnt think of that o..
The truth is that:consciousness has never been immune to the authority of the brain...
thats what im sure of..
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol i didnt think of that o..
The truth is that:consciousness has never been immune to the authority of the brain...
thats what im sure of..
No one is sure of this. No one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / Nigerians Should Drop Christianity, The White Man's Religion / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.