Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. (10878 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Do you have this understanding or do you just believe?
I believe and that's why I have the understanding.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

The bible is just like any other book, no divine inspiration.
Sleep well bro.
the bible is not an ordinary book. It's one of the cheapest books in the market but the most valuable book on the planet. All what life entails is in the Bible.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by waldigit: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

do you know it cuts both ways?

there are people that became atheist when things go beyond control
Yes I expect that, but those things that happen to them only happen to their loved ones or their business. But let it happen to their very essence of existence. Let it defy human control and let them begin to get a glimpse of the other side.
No man cracks joke at the point of death.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2016
Jesuobu:
the bible is not an ordinary book. It's one of the cheapest books in the market but the most valuable book on the planet. All what life entails is in the Bible.
You don wake?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

@ceomyn what he actually means is
do not think!
Swallow err'tin i say hook line and sinker!
Lol, I no dey craze na
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2016
Jesuobu:
I believe and that's why I have the understanding.
Na so.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2016
waldigit:

Yes I expect that, but those things that happen to them only happen to their loved ones or their business. But let it happen to their very essence of existence. Let it defy human control and let them begin to get a glimpse of the other side.
No man cracks joke at the point of death.
Not true. Famous atheist Christopher Hitchens stuck to his atheism even in the face of death. He had terminal cancer and he did not recant.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by waldigit: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Not true. Famous atheist Christopher Hitchens stuck to his atheism even in the face of death. He had terminal cancer and he did not recant.

But I supposed you were not there by his bed at the point of death. My dear don't be surprised to see him make heaven o. I am talking from experience.
Just the way many who did not hear about repentance of thieve at the right hand of Christ would be shock to see him in heaven.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2016
waldigit:

But I supposed you were not there by his bed at the point of death. My dear don't be surprised to see him make heaven o. I am talking from experience.
Just the way many who did not hear about repentance of thieve at the right hand of Christ would be shock to see him in heaven.
What experience. Have you been to heaven before? His wife and family were there and their interviews are online. He was still ''preaching'' atheism after his diagnosis. Even Richard Dawkins suffered a stroke this year and he's still as atheist as ever. So wetin you dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What experience. Have you been to heaven before? His wife and family were there and their interviews are online. He was still ''preaching'' atheism after his diagnosis. Even Richard Dawkins suffered a stroke this year and he's still as atheist as ever. So wetin you dey talk?

What happened to Christopher hitchens brother who was an even more aggressive atheist than he was?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

What happened to Christopher hitchens brother who was an even more aggressive atheist than he was?
na fear de catch peter hitchens lol
saw his brother exit the world in his very eyes..
Had to cling on to a walking stick again
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Peter Hitchens to the best of my knowledge is an Anglican, a member of the Church of England. I don't think he fits the Nigerian definition of Christian.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

You don wake?
yeah my brother. I'm awake and at your service anytime you need me.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

na fear de catch peter hitchens lol
saw his brother exit the world in his very eyes..
Had to cling on to a walking stick again

See why i said you were backward in your research? Peter Hitchens accepted Christ while Christopher was still alive. Long before he was even diagnosed with Cancer. He was not fearful. He made an informed choice to change.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

See why i said you were backward in your research? Peter Hitchens accepted Christ while Christopher was still alive. Long before he was even diagnosed with Cancer. He was not fearful. He made an informed choice to change.
the brothers debated now!
Who doesnt know that?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Jesuobu:
yeah my brother. I'm awake and at your service anytime you need me.
Okay sir

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

the brothers debated now!
Who doesnt know that?

Then why did you lie when you said he converted because he saw his brother die? Speaking the truth shouldnt be too hard but i guess you are wired not to so you lie to drive points. Now you admit to your lie here. I guess Pater debated with Christophers ghost.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Then why did you lie when you said he converted because he saw his brother die? Speaking the truth shouldnt be too hard but i guess you are wired not to so you lie to drive points. Now you admit to your lie here. I guess Pater debated with Christophers ghost.
my bad!
Didnt phrase it well..
The fear of hell crept back in ''peter''
and his brother's death sealed his fear into him..he talks bout hell well u do know
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

my bad!
Didnt phrase it well..
The fear of hell crept back in ''peter''
and his brother's death sealed his fear into him..he talks bout hell well u do know

Show me where he said he came to Christ out of fear or how his brothers death cemented it when he was already solid before his brother died and openly debated him several times.

Every believer would at some point talk about hell but that may not be his basis for accepting Christ.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Show me where he said he came to Christ out of fear or how his brothers death cemented it when he was already solid before his brother died and openly debated him several times.

Every believer would at some point talk about hell but that may not be his basis for accepting Christ.
true...
I m not in his head so i cant tell...
Well people do accept because of hell..like a lot sha
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by waldigit: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Yet so far none has come back from the dead to attest to the fact that atheist is the way.
But on the other hand we have overwhelming documentary evidence of those who came back from the dead to confirm the existence of God. Among them are scientists if high repute. The YouTube is already overflowing with that. Over!
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
waldigit:

Yet so far none has come back from the dead to attest to the fact that atheist is the way.
But on the other hand we have overwhelming documentary evidence of those who came back from the dead to confirm the existence of God. Among them are scientists if high repute. The YouTube is already overflowing with that. Over!

they all give different accounts of what hell and heaven is like, hell, no two accounts are the same, doesn't that tell you something?

couldn't they be making it up? I read a thread of a boy who made same claim, sold books with it but later came out to say he never really died

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

Okay sir
I have followed you my dear, so that I can answer some of your life toughest questions. Always at your service smiley
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by waldigit: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

they all give different accounts of what hell and heaven is like, hell, no two accounts are the same, doesn't that tell you something?

couldn't they be making it up? I read a thread of a boy who made same claim, sold books with it but later came out to say he never really died

Yeah, I know there are many fake news on this subject. But my emphasis is on verifiable account of many atheist scientist with supportive medical evidence as well as other ordinary people with also undeniable medical record. even in our own Nigeria here as well as world class hospitals and research centers all over the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

How do you know? Is that what your pastor told you?
I do not have a pastor. The Holy Spirit is my pastor (i.e. teacher) and the Holy bible is my guide.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Jesuobu:
I do not have a pastor. The Holy Spirit is my pastor (i.e. teacher) and the Holy bible is my guide.
You spoke with much certainty about the bible and how it was written. Isn't that mere repetition of words you've heard from other religious folks?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by felixomor: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

You spoke with much certainty about the bible and how it was written. Isn't that mere repetition of words you've heard from other religious folks?

Religious folks like who?
And With reference please.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

maybe yes, maybe not undecided
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Jesuobu:
maybe yes, maybe not undecided
You're simply speculating.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
waldigit:

What about the ones that died and came back with stories unrelated to Christianity? Should they be taken seriously?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
felixomor:

Religious folks like who?
Like pastors, his church members and other Christians he may have interacted with.

felixomor:

And With reference please.
Young man, I don't need a reference to suggest.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by felixomor: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

Like pastors, his church members and other Christians he may have interacted with.

Young man, I don't need a reference to suggest.

Ok, Thank God u say "suggest".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / Househelp Job In Saudi Arabia / How You Can Help Your Children Follow The Growth Pattern Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.