Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. (10879 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Yes. God does not contradict Himself.
But Jehovah did, that's why I don't believe in Jehovah. I am searching for the truth.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
waldigit:

atheism is easy when things are fine.
But when things go beyond control, you don't need preacher to preach to you to renounce atheism.
Bad things can happen to anyone whether a theist or an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

Can something exist without a cause?
I'm trying to understand the existence of God
If you did, would God still qualify as the Creator of this vast universe?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
waldigit:

But when things go beyond control, you don't need preacher to preach to you to renounce atheism.

do you know it cuts both ways?

there are people that became atheist when things go beyond control
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

But Jehovah did, that's why I don't believe in Jehovah. I am searching for the truth.
Be careful not to fight the truth while you search for Him.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
If you did, would God still qualify as the Creator of this vast universe?
Yes. And the question I want you to answer is what is God?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

do you know it cuts both ways?

there are people that became atheist when things go beyond control
You have a point. I believe what he meant is: When all else fails, when matters go beyond human reasoning, life forces man to go down on his knees.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Okay bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

Yes. And the question I want you to answer is what is God?
I will want you to consider the "Who" possibility. Its overwhelming.
A "what" still means the universe, and most importantly life is purposeless and a result of chance, and this is definitely unlikely.

God is the Creator of all. Human back and forth is confined by time and space, which were created along with the universe.
What exist beyond these dimensions may be impossible for humans to grasp physically, that is why humans try to reach for something beyond the physical to come for it. Its natural.

A God who created us can reveal to us what we need to know, if we knew the origin of this God, we would be less able to believe in Him.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

Me too.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by honourhim: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Atheism is a waste. Not worth my trying.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
I will want you to consider the "Who" possibility. Its overwhelming.
A "what" still means the universe, and most importantly life is purposeless and a result of chance, and this is definitely unlikely.

God is the Creator of all. Human back and forth is confined by time and space, which were created along with the universe.
What exist beyond these dimensions may be impossible for humans to grasp physically, that is why humans try to reach for something beyond the physical to come for it. Its natural.

A God who created us can reveal to us what we need to know, if we knew the origin of this God, we would be less able to believe in Him.
I see you don't want to believe life is by chance. Personally I don't see life goes beyond the physical. Maybe till I get answers.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
waldigit:

Perhaps. But there are people who turn atheist when things go awry and also others who stick to their atheism even in the direst circumstances.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by honourhim: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

How pls?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Me too.
I pray we find it
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

Please a supreme being didn't inspire the scriptures. A supreme would never contradict itself.
just the same way your lecturer explains in the class and you take notes, that is exactly how the scriptures were written. God is the lecturer in the context while the bible writers are the students. They hear God explain the scriptures and they interpret what they heared and write down in their own understanding. The bible doesn't contradict itself but those without wisdom try all they can to find mistakes from the bible but they never find any.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
honourhim:

How pls?
Tell yourself the truth and ask no more.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jesuobu:
just the same way your lecturer explains in the class and you take notes, that is exactly how the scriptures were written. God is the lecturer in the context while the bible writers are the students. They hear God explain the scriptures and they interpret what they heared and write down in their own understanding. The bible doesn't contradict itself but those without wisdom try all they can to find mistakes from the bible but they never find any.
I found mistakes.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:
I pray we find it
Who are you praying to?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Who are you praying to?
The word pray means different things depending on the context. Pray means wish here.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

I found mistakes.
you think you found mistakes that's because you dont know the actual meaning of bible text. Human understanding is not enough to study the Bible but you need a divine understanding and only those who believe get the divine understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Who are you praying to?
grin
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Anas09: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Good my sister, very good. And yours?
We praise God sir

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jesuobu:

How do you know? Is that what your pastor told you?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jesuobu:
you think you found mistakes that's because you dont know the actual meaning of bible text. Human understanding is not enough to study the Bible but you need a divine understanding and only those who believe get the divine understsnding.
The bible is just like any other book, no divine inspiration.
Sleep well bro.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Who are you praying to?
lol. The spirit is willing.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jesuobu:
you think you found mistakes that's because you dont know the actual meaning of bible text. Human understanding is not enough to study the Bible but you need a divine understanding and only those who believe get the divine understsnding.
Do you have this understanding or do you just believe?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
lol. The spirit is willing.
...but the pleasures of this world no wan gree the guy...
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

I see you don't want to believe life is by chance. Personally I don't see life goes beyond the physical. Maybe till I get answers.
Life is not physical. Its the first point i gave on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/3228922/32-reasons-why-continue-believe

I pray you find answers.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by honourhim: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
CeoMYN:

Tell yourself the truth and ask no more.

You made a claim and i ask you to explain and this is what you could say? Then your claim is baseless and as such your submission isnt valid.

If you are sure of what you ae saying then point it out to me lets look at it together.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by felixomor: 11:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
The testimony of Nick Watts. Nick is the Music Minister at Bacon Heights Baptist Church in Lubbock.

I tried to disprove the existence of God, immediately after finding my 19-year-old son dead in his bedroom from suicide.

I looked at the most recent, most compelling evidence to make God sound like a ludicrous alternative. I looked at the best arguments from the best atheists, both in modern and
historical times. You must understand that I wanted desperately to know, in those first 48 hours after finding my son, that there was no God. God’s non-existence would have been made more sense to me than “a loving God who would allow my son to suffer so much from clinical depression that he would take his life.”

But atheism failed me. The words of the best, most intelligent atheists rang hollow. Their rebuttals and refutations against the existence of God were, in my opinion, incomplete, short-sighted, and at times, ludicrous. While the atheists scream loudly trying to speak for their evidence, the theists, in my opinion, simply step back and allow the evidence to speak for itself. For the arguments of theists were akin to the familiar statement: “You don’t need to defend a lion; you simply open the cage and allow him to defend himself.”

In the end of my investigation for a God-less universe, I found myself like Peter in John 6. (I tend to so resonate with Peter – impetuous, speaks before he thinks, reckless at times, etc., but always passionate.) By chapter 6 of John’s gospel account, Jesus has fed the thousands, healed the sick, and cast out demons. But now, he’s teaching the crowd what following him really means. The response is heartbreaking.
For most of them, it turns out, had no interest in following Jesus. They wanted the sizzle, but not the substance; the blessing, but not the commitment. In the words of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, they wanted grace that was “cheap” rather than “costly.” In short, they wanted an “A” in the course without
doing the homework. And, in verse 66, John records, “It was at this time many of those who followed Jesus turned away and deserted him.” Jesus then turned to the twelve and asked, “Are you going to leave me too?” Peter replied, “Lord, where else would we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

After trying as hard as I could to prove God was a fairy-tale, I found myself repeating those exact words stated by Peter, 20
centuries ago. Can I prove the existence of God in a laboratory? No. Frankly, I don’t want a God I can explain – the Incarnation, the Trinity, etc., are all inexplicable. A God
we can explain would be … well, more like a man than God; at best, a super-hero. But what I was reminded of following my son’s death was this: The evidence for the existence of a transcendent, outside-the-laws-of-physics, “wholly other” (as Soren Kierkagaard described him) is not merely
compelling, it’s overwhelming.

I cannot overstate how I felt in the moments immediately following finding my dead son: I Hated God. But, God – who we see in the person of Jesus Christ – held me. Even as
I fought to run away, he wouldn’t let go. The same love that drove Christ to the cross drove him to love me deeply, holding me tenderly in his arms. He was patient with me, allowing me time to scream at him, accuse him, and even hate him (all of these emotions, by the way, are found in the imprecatory psalms in our Bible).

Despite the best I could hurl at God, he never left me. Ever. He nursed me back to psychological and emotional health. And, in those early hours, when I began to investigate whether I had been wrong all my life about him, He didn’t punish me – he loved me. In the darkest moment of my life,
Jesus whispered to me, “I Am Here. I’ve got this. Trust Me.” I do, my King. Where else would I go? You have the words of eternal life.

To those of you trying to figure out life’s pain, know this: God is faithful; his Word is true. “He is close to the broken-hearted, and he saves those who are crushed in spirit” — Ps. 34:18; Jesus did exist, lived a sinless life, and died on a Roman cross. The tomb is still empty. And, that changes everything.

[url=lbkmetroleader.com/community/faith/atheism-failed-me/]Source[/url]

Awesome testimony.
Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised

Nice thread bro
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 12:34am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
@ceomyn what he actually means is
do not think!
Swallow err'tin i say hook line and sinker!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How You Can Help Your Children Follow The Growth Pattern Of Jesus / Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? / Share Your Testimonies Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.