Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities (7811 Views)

"I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu / PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Fayose Pays N200m Compensation To Property Owners In Ado-ekiti (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by broseme: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
…Says More to Come In Due Course

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday approved a total sum of N740,461,432.00 as compensation for host communities of Parcel B comprising Yegunda, Abomiti and International Airport site of the Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ).

The State’s Commissioner for Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives, Prince Rotimi Ogunleye, who announced the approval of the Governor at a media briefing held at the Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre in Alausa, said the development was in line the commitment of the Ambode administration to engender a sustainable cordial relationship between the host communities and investors in the LFTZ.

Ogunleye, who addressed the briefing alongside the Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce, Hon. Benjamin Olabinjo; Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs, Hon. Muslim Folami; the Managing Director of Lekki Worldwide Investments Limited, Dr. Tunde Sodade, among others, said ever since coming on board, Governor Ambode has seriously and holistically addressed the salient need to compensate the host communities, adding that remarkable progress had been recorded in that regard.

While stating that the State Government has continued to engage the host communities ever since the LFTZ project started in 2004, Ogunleye said the engagement principally centered on the need for the communities to recognize the multiplier effects of the project in terms of employment generation and the value to be added to the socio-economic lives of the people.

He said already, modalities were being put in place to ensure hitch-free payment of the approved N740 million, adding that the payment would be effected with immediate effect.

Responding to questions, Ogunleye said the compensation exercise was a continuous process, revealing that N65 million was paid early this year for land owners affected by the ongoing Dangote projects which included petrochemical plant, gas project, fertilizer and refinery project capable of refining 650, 000 barrels of oil per day.

He said before now, the host communities of the 3,000 hectares of land housing the LFTZ Development Agency, a company jointly owned by the State Government and a consortium of Chinese investors, were heavily compensated, adding that more land owners would be compensated in due course at the end of verification and valuation exercise.

"Let me reiterate once again, the commitment of this administration to Community Social Responsibility (CSR) and its readiness to continue to heed the yearnings of our people in the areas covered by the LFTZ and its complementary projects. I also need to assure both local and foreign investors that all our projects in the corridor are fully on course and as an administration, we are fully committed to them.

"At this time of economic downturn, our State as the nation and Sub Saharan economic hub is providing this investment platform with huge potentials as the best destination for direct investment. We are providing appropriate road infrastructure to ease the operations of investors in the zone and we will continue to sustain the friendly operating environment that now subsists," Ogunleye said.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/lagos-approves-n740m-compensation-to.html

1 Like

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by mayorkyzo: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Omo that community don hammer.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by PaulJohn1: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Omo that community don hammer.. smiley

N740million for a whole community!! I don't see any ''hammering'' but cheat.
Except the whole community is below 20 persons in number and they don't plan to resettle anywhere near Lagos.
NB: They are being sent off from 'Lekki'.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by mayorkyzo: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Except the whole community is below 20 persons in number and they don't plan to resettle anywhere near Lagos.
740million and more on the way..lets say a billion in today...and by law all land belongs to the government..in this lawless nigeria we live in the government might have decided not to pay..and also were they driven out of their houses or the government is paying for Virgin land?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by PaulJohn1: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
mayorkyzo:
740million and more on the way..lets say a billion in today...

If that's the case, fair enough.
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by veekid(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Good news uhn
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Asuokaa: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by YonkijiSappo: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2016
After the man in charge died in the previous year due to this same community Wahala.
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by ALAYORMII: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Make them share am reach my side ooo

I dey claim Lekki boi ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by yeyeboi(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2016
This is a good development we are proud of akinwunmi Ambode and not APCSHIT tongue
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by engrkaz(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2016
Make I call popsy make baba Baale for no dull am...
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by koladebrainiac(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2016
This is change
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by mostyg(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2016
Lagos is working
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by ajasa4link: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2016
This Ambode's government just seem to be getting it right at every turn. Tho initially I was never a fan of his, but I must confess he has won me over. He keeps rolling out projects, constructing roads in local communities hitherto abandoned by his predecessor, and now he's seeing to fruition one of the good legacies initiated by his predecessor. I hope he keeps it up during his second term which he will surely get even if he campaigns under a party comprising of ten members

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by olaolulazio(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Ambode, u can do better... The land plenty Na!
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Firefire(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Only?
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by nymphomaniac(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2016
Not bad for a governor in whom all land is vested in...s1 LUA 1978
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Firefire(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2016
ajasa4link:
This Ambode's government just seem to be getting it right at every turn. Tho initially I was never a fan of his, but I must confess he has won me over. He keeps rolling out projects, constructing roads in local communities hitherto abandoned by his predecessor, and now he's seeing to fruition one of the good legacies initiated by his predecessor. I hope he keeps it up during his second term which he will surely get even if he campaigns under a party comprising of ten members

Same here...

But I fear for his 2nd Term.

A case study of 'Tunde Fashola 2nd Term.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by ajasa4link: 8:34am On Sep 16, 2016
Firefire:

Same here...

But I fear for his 2nd Term.

A case study of 'Tunde Fashola 2nd Term.

Yeah that's the major problem of our leaders in Nigeria. Let's just hope he doesn't end up like Tunde. That guy too elitist for my liking
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Firefire(m): 8:36am On Sep 16, 2016
ajasa4link:

Yeah that's the major problem of our leaders in Nigeria. Let's just hope he doesn't end up like Tunde. That guy too elitist for my liking

May God help him and others., and may there distractions (god-father), be distracted. Ameen!
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by mpowa(m): 8:41am On Sep 16, 2016
If every states can be active and Viable we will have lesser problems in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Sanuzi(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2016
haba
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by Ikigia: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice one from Ambode again.....
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by busar(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2016
mayorkyzo:
740million and more on the way..lets say a billion in today...and by law all land belongs to the government..in this lawless nigeria we live in the government might have decided not to pay..and also were they driven out of their houses or the government is paying for Virgin land?

The lands acquired are usually used for farming, fishing etc. And it affects not just one community but about 10 communities
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by kunle75(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2016
PaulJohn1:

But the most important thing is that everything is done transparently and peacefully without rancor..........let the land owners use the money judiciously
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by czaratwork: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Please i have a plot of land with one of those estate developers in ibeju lekki and have not heard from them for more than 3 years. Did this acquisition affect such lands or was it villagers they acquired the lands from?
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2016
PaulJohn1:

dat place no be lekki abeg its closer to epe self dan lekki. land der na less dan 1m self.place wey be say na bamboo dem use build most houses der. been der before cheesy
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by wildice2(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2016
nice one from ambode
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by pxDharniel(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2016
ajasa4link:

Same here. Eko o ni baje o
Re: Lagos Approves N740m Compensation To Lekki Free Zone Host Communities by aloeman15(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2016
Do the math-
At 1million per plot, thats 740 plots- about 370 acres. Or 37 hectares. Pls correct my calculation if it's wrong. But however you slice it, that's what was paid for 3000 hectares.
Does this mean that under similar circumstances, you'll advise people in your village to take the deal?
ednut1:
dat place no be lekki abeg its closer to epe self dan lekki. land der na less dan 1m self.place wey be say na bamboo dem use build most houses der. been der before cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Now Know Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Ghana / Subsidy Removal: Kill Corruption, Not Nigerians, Bakare Tells Tinubu / Imo LP Members Protest At INEC Office, Demand Release Of CTC Of Guber Poll Docum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.