Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

$15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries (20216 Views)

Boko Haram Hired Mercenaries Killed After Attacking Soldiers In Borno. Photos / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Magu, Assures EFCC Of Senate Support(photos) / The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by cyprex: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2016
You should be ashamed of yourself.
So this is now a question of the Northerners trying Mama P. was she a party to the case in the first instance?
Grow out of your bigoted enclave, please

Abeymills:
Mama p notin do u jor aboki wan try u fear not mama p

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
hrykanu231:

Yes immunity ends immediately one vacates office, but there are feelers that part of the terms of the peace accord was not prosecuting the former first family( I might be wrong about the peace Accord) . However, I see no challenge especially considering the fact she's not a party in d case. Or are u saying you can claim the money in someone else's account?

1)I trade on facts bro...so drop that your feeler garbage into trash can...Nigeria is ruled by Constitution!!!

2)Support your peace accord propaganda with evidence or quit peddling lies here...

3)So what prosecution is worse than tainting your image and blackmailing you daily using compromised media? Is the !media a court?

4) She came out BOLDLY to lay claim to this money...and has claimed she has evidence to show her money is legitimate, so why won't EFCC invite her?...And she even took them to court...

5)Who said she's not a party to the case? So why does she has a lawyer representing her in this case in court?
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Kingsley1000(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
she must forfeit all her looted funds...say no to corruption

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Kingsley1000(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2016
why wont our judiciary implement capital punishment

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by cyprex: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2016
It is still the same you Sportskid that would start ranting 'harassment, marginalization' etc once she is picked up.
Remember the money is not in her account. Those in whose account the money was found have being questioned.

sportskid:

This Government has made you all dumb and myopic, of course you are not a south southerner to know that that money is not a big deal for business people. Just because she was a first lady doesn't mean she has know source of income. IF EFCC WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HARD EARNED MONEY IS, THEY SHOULD CALL HER FOR QUESTIONING, SHE SAID THE MONEY IS HERS, THEY CALL HER FOR QUESTIONING PERIOD

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by hrykanu231(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)I trade on facts bro...so drop that your feeler garbage into trash can...Nigeria is ruled by Constitution!!!

2)Support your peace accord propaganda with evidence or quit peddling lies here...

3)So what prosecution is worse than tainting your image and blackmailing you daily using compromised media? Is the !media a court?

4) She came out BOLDLY to lay claim to this money...and has claimed she has evidence to show her money is legitimate, so why won't EFCC invite her?...And she even took them to court...

5)Who said she's not a party to the case? So why does she has a lawyer representing her in this case in court?

I barely subscribe to too much quoting, but I guess we might learn a thing or two here(that is assuming this conversation is civil and void of foul words or statements).

For the records everyone who can afford a lawyer can get one from new wigs to SAN's so she has a lawyer is not an issue. But as far as this case is concerned, her counsel cannot be heard on the substance of the case(unless His Lordship feels there is an issue lawyers in his court can comment on) but as it concerns the plaintiff and defendants of this case directly, her lawyers isn't representing any of the parties.

Earlier I asked if you can lay claim to someone else's money in their accounts, you did not answer.

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by samsongbemisola(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2016
One thing I missed during GEJ administration is madam patience comedy, now she is is giving us the comedy
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by sweetgala(m): 11:55am On Sep 16, 2016
cowardSeun:

Shut up..... what did you say when Buhari disobeyed court order

Buhari actually never disobeyed a court order and all phoney cases brought before all courts were thrown out without much adoo by the respective juges.

EFCC however have questions to answer but EFCC = Buhari and from what has been evident in the past few months Buhari is hands off from EFCC as can be seen in their not being sure what to do next half the time

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by lonecat: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2016
When Nigerians are all worried & complaining about the economy & the hardship, then here comes a bait to divert all attentions.
Well, if I ever have d chance to be a State per sec, a deputy governor's wife, a governor's wife, a vice President's wife and the first lady (almost 6yrs) Simultaneously, I'm sure I'll have a lot of opportunities to legitimately make more than $31m but then, this is naija
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by sweetgala(m): 11:58am On Sep 16, 2016
bettercreature:
EFCC has no single right to prosecute her,they must prosecute the owner of those account and companies,she will probably lose the money and those people will probably go to jail

You left out the part where those people can indict her as an accomplice , which most likely they already have given the obvious fact faka piss has stated while dancing naked burakata in the village square

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
dahaz:
Someone should advice Goodluck Jonathan to control his wife. The more she speaks the more she exposes herself
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by xcuggsm(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
blueto:

Food for thought.It might be that this move by EFCC is politically motivated. We are all aware of countless of baseless and libelous accusations against GEJ. They accused him of inventing Boko Haram to reduce Northern population, Being the Grand Patron of NDA and so on. But, none of them are tenable.

In order to shun prejudgments, I think we shouldn't conclude yet.
I totally agree with you bro.
Manufacturing witnesses and evidence by state prosecutors is not a new phenomenon in Nigeria legal system.
Wait until you are accused of human trafficking by a lady you have never met before in your life. All it takes is some tutoring by the prosecution during which she is programmed with your details and what to say in court.

It happened to a friend who luckily got out after the lady confessed that she was briefed on what to say in court .

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by amagunnerfan: 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

https://www.nairaland.com/3342827/patience-jonathan-sues-efcc-n200m

And case is for Patience Jonathan not GEJ...
You brought GEJ into it.
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by everozone: 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
EFCC knows the truth of this matter but their hands are tied.So they can't do the right thing.There are some powerful individuals in Buhari's government who are desperate to ternish the reputation of the former first family,thereby employing various baseless means to drag the family name in the mud using EFCC as a vessel.The former first lady had demonstrated unalloyed courage to state that the said money belongs to her.I understand that she has nothing to fear because she doesn't have any skeleton in her cupboard.Whose scripts is EFCC playing,why have they not invited Patience for questioning, are they afraid of the truth which she will reveal about the whole saga just as they are afraid of facts which Dasuki will unveil to the whole world about the over hyped arms deal which is why they have kept him in detention and incommunicado? The government in Buhari's government is maligning and blackmailing and assassinating characters just to create an impression that they are fighting corruption.If they are truly fighting corruption,what happens to the petitions of corrupt deeds of APC chieftains written and submitted with EFCC?Why have they left them unattended to?This is a clear indication that the commission is being teleguided by some powerful individuals, and this has affected the independence of the agency.I weep for my country!
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
You brought GEJ into it.
How and where?
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
You brought GEJ into it.
How and where?
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
hrykanu231:

I barely subscribe to too much quoting, but I guess we might learn a thing or two here(that is assuming this conversation is civil and void of foul words or statements).

For the records everyone who can afford a lawyer can get one from new wigs to SAN's so she has a lawyer is not an issue. But as far as this case is concerned, her counsel cannot be heard on the substance of the case(unless His Lordship feels there is an issue lawyers in his court can comment on) but as it concerns the plaintiff and defendants of this case directly, her lawyers isn't representing any of the parties.

Earlier I asked if you can lay claim to someone else's money in their accounts, you did not answer.

Hmmm...

1) She already sued EFCC..

2)She already made herself available for investigation with regard to said fund...

3)EFCC from all indications has sinister motive here hence have refused her audience...

4)How come same EFCC found it convenient to freeze Fayose account when he never received find directly from NSA...and notes were transported by plane...While Agbele was the guy Who dealt with Zenith and co... EFCC using different parameters?

5)I cannot claim funds in someone's account IF there's no proof the money belongs to me...And NOBODY can take it if there's sufficient evidence to prove it is my money...

6)Why is EFCC using the money to rubbish Patience Jonathan image publicly and at same time refusing to allow her prove legitimacy of the funds ...it only proves premeditated operation... JUSTICE HAS ELUDED NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
gbosa!!! For the former president patience and his wife Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by gabrielniy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
bettercreature:
EFCC has no single right to prosecute her,they must prosecute the owner of those account and companies,she will probably lose the money and those people will probably go to jail
You are contradicting yourself. She opened the accounts in the name of the said people. The named owners have no business with the account, it's lady P that's operating the accounts. Those named have no jail term because they have no case to answer. It's basically useless serving her jail term, but the money must be restored to the federation account. Same goes for all looters with properties in the name of servants, drivers, and so on. They are all over the city of Abuja.

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by hrykanu231(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Hmmm...

1) She already sued EFCC..

2)She already made herself available for investigation with regard to said fund...

3)EFCC from all indications has sinister motive here hence have refused her audience...

4)How come same EFCC found it convenient to freeze Fayose account when he never received find directly from NSA...and notes were transported by plane...While Agbele was the guy Who dealt with Zenith and co... EFCC using different parameters?

5)I cannot claim funds in someone's account IF there's no proof the money belongs to me...And NOBODY can take it if there's sufficient evidence to prove it is my money...

6)Why is EFCC using the money to rubbish Patience Jonathan image publicly and at same time refusing to allow her prove legitimacy of the funds ...it only proves premeditated operation... JUSTICE HAS ELUDED NIGERIA!!!

Whilst, we are trying to make known our positions I think it will be better within the frame of objectivity, logic and love for humanity so that we don't keep having rejoinders. Having said that, she sued EFCC yes but on what grounds? Claiming someone else's money. On your 2nd point, why should they grant her audience to a matter she's not involved. Please refer to the original article the errors she claimed happen are unbelievable. Imagine someone using a whole first lady's money to open account for himself without her knowing, that she even told them to correct it and they did not...Haba! EFCC has not mentioned her name as the owner of the money(please refer to the originating article) so no one is defaming her xter. Bdw, if she clearly earned that cash legally, let her approach a court with facts and figures or she can get CNN or an international news agency to grant her an interview were she can display true ownership. If she's truly innocent, like wild fire Nigerians will support her(including me) and she won't just get her money back, an apology will follow too.

1 Like

Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by Pidggin(f): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
This is clear, why can't EFCC invite her for questioning before selling their lies to the public. See how desperate EFCC are, is it possible for all companies involved to plead guilty?
Rubbish, quote me and remain ignored, nonsense.
Re: $15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries by olutayo288: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
Businessideas:
She accused Dufawa of laundering her stolen money without her authorization,the companies agreed to her accusation by pleading guilty ,now she's blaming EFCC when the companies she accused of laundering her money without her knowledge pleaded guilty .
Patience is confused and she's not even being dragged into the case officially.I thought they said one is not expected to issue official statements on cases already in court. Justice Babs Kuewumi should summon Patience to defend why she should not be sent to jail for embarrassing the court.EFCC and these companies she's accusing of perjury, should report her officially to the Court and she should be immediately summoned to appear before the court before she goes to further embarrass the courts of the land.She should be used as a scape goat to people who like breaking the law and still embarrass those doing their legitimate jobs
When a country is run like the way Buhari is doing, such country will NEVER move an inch forward. This government has bending nature updown. There is nothing bad if Buhari follows the truth and he will still get what he wants. Whether you are an individual, a country, a society, whatever, will never succeed if truth is undermined.
Alll those arrangement that people has openly agreed that they are guilty are all nonsense. Let us keep going straight forward and not propagnada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Releases Final List Of Presidential, National Assembly Candidates For Polls / PDP Behind Naira Redesign Policy To Win Elections, El-Rufai Alleges / 2019: Adamawa Government Reveals Atiku's Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.