Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag (5550 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Breaking News:Donald Trump Assures A Biafran Man Waving Biafran Flag @ His Rally / Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by Kamanuozuzu: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2016
The Flag was created by the Biafran Government and raised 30th May, 1967. A Flag consisting of a horizontal tricolour of Red, Black and Green, charged with a golden rising sun over a golden bar, from the Coat of Arms of the old Eastern Province.

The design and colours are based on the Pan-African flag — also known as Black Liberation Flag designed by Marcus Garvey's UNIA (Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League).

The eleven rays of the sun represented the eleven provinces of Biafra. The lowest rays were usually more or less horizontal and the remaining rays spread evenly. The rays were normally long and slender, and usually slightly wavy.

The three Pan-African colors on the flag represent:

Red: the blood that unites all people of Black African ancestry, and shed for liberation;

Black: black people whose existence as a nation, though not a nation-state, is affirmed by the existence of the flag;

Green: the abundant natural wealth of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by agwom(m): 6:55am On Sep 16, 2016
hmmmm
Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by eleko1: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2016
OK. Hope u aren't trying to promote Biafra? cos Biafra is DEAD.Mind u,I'm from Nsukka.. ONE NIGERIA
Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by pxDharniel(m): 7:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Who cares?
Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by Igboid: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2016
eleko1:
OK. Hope u aren't trying to promote Biafra? cos Biafra is DEAD.Mind u,I'm from Nsukka.. ONE NIGERIA

Afonja! Your Afonjaland in Kwara( Ilorin) died centuries ago under Afonja, murdered by your Gambari masters,

You should worry more about that and stay out of Igbo issues.

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by papaejima1: 7:39am On Sep 16, 2016
eleko1:
Death is a function of the mind!
Some dead things are more alive than the living

Be guided.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by 0ganiru: 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
eleko1:
Biafra jindu te ne February 2017. The only question is if u'll be part of it(me o buru te ne I bu onye be anyi) or I u're cozy with the fulani agression/ Islamic violence, the half international face the brit economic contraption to increase its wwi resources has left us.
Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by iSlayer: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Amagumu ihe ne kpa onye ehu kpo onweya eleko
Re: The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag by MidolsStudent(m): 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
[s]
eleko1:
[/s]
Another hungry Oshogbo boy with mouth odour looking for pples oil to drink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto Certificate Scandal - Tinubu / BUHARI Stop The Printing Of N100 Note Because Jonathan Remove Arabic / Why North Can't Do Anything About Tinubu's Nepotism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.