Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession (22318 Views)

Casual Job Is Evil, As Current Laid Off Staff Speaks Out.. / Globacom Staffs Laid Off Without Entitlement/benefits. / First Bank Laid Off Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by ak47yong(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
U better start MMM
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by nwaimoroseyaho: 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Take heart bro. I have been there. I know hw it hurts. Did dey pay you off? . Anything you have now put heads together with your wife and find something doing.

2 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by hazyfm1: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
Doncharlie:
Na wao...Companies are downsizing rapidly,what a Country
....It will take Nigeria at least 5 years to bounce back from this RECESSION
Our only hope now is DANGOTE REFINERY

While you see recession, some people are seeing opportunities. Join the cliq

5 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by brostheo(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Everywhere go soft soon boss,its just a matter of time

Nigerians will smile again

God bless my mother land

1 Like

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by jeffooh999(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bro its well..!!!!!!!
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by noble71(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
sorry bro. for the loss. be strong. pls start something with your little savings no matter how small. God will see you through. don't make the mistake of looking for job now.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by XYZeee: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Changi begins with you - ( in the voice of APC)
This country has become something else !!!

2 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by hurricaneChris: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
A week before august ended, my MD came into design studio and said "Please everyone can I have your attention, it's very irresponsible of me not to pay salaries of workers as at when due".
"We are going to have a small scale restructuring"

He went to his office. After 2 days, our office accountant went round the office and gave 5 people letters. Damn! They were asked to ambark om "compulsory leave" starting september 1st.

Na so some Engineers and architects and others work finish for our finish o. Thank God am still typing this from the office. cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by rottenegg: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
Oh boy, go find one farm begin plant things! It's gonna get worst!
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by engrjacuzzi: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
in times of ill and sorrow I'll trust in God. the economy is pretty hard and a very big lesson for many out there to gather and save. value the little you've got and keep believing the best is coming.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Chaii. ..BUHARI has finished this country..

This man is a curse to the Nigerian people...

Tufiakwa!

BUHARI's dullness has destroyed this country...

4 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
MisterGrace:

Until this week, I worked with an Environmental Consulting Firm. Things were going on smoothly and all. Nobody ever thought about it until it hit us so hard.

Hey Guys!

You know you are all good and very important to this organization? The boss started. But I am so sorry this is happening...

By this time, the perspiration on my forehead started to role down.

It was on a Monday morning and there was no sign of it coming...

As you all know, continued the boss; the company can no longer afford to pay the salaries of everybody for now. This is as the result of the ongoing economic recession in the country.

Since I can't find fault in any of you, we shall embark on some very rigorous tests and anyone who can not make it through will have to go back home, maybe when things gets back to normal, we can reconsider.

After all the talks, we were arranged into the conference room and served with question papers. In it were questions on organic chemistry, economics, physics, philosophy, politics, geography and calculus.

The pass mark was 80/100%. But in the end, despite the fact that I scored 88% I wasn't selected because, I couldn't attempt the questions on calculus.

But what can I do?
But the bitter this is that, I just got married to wifee few months ago.

My brother, pursue street wisdom o.lp

As e don happen, you fit open laundry biz, learn barbing and sell pefumes all in one shop. No time.

1 Like

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by ogawisdom(m): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
MisterGrace:

Until this week, I worked with an Environmental Consulting Firm. Things were going on smoothly and all. Nobody ever thought about it until it hit us so hard.

Hey Guys!

You know you are all good and very important to this organization? The boss started. But I am so sorry this is happening...

As you all know, continued the boss; the company can no longer afford to pay the salaries of everybody for now. This is as the result of the ongoing economic recession in the country.

Since I can't find fault in any of you, we shall embark on some very rigorous tests and anyone who can not make it through will have to go back home, maybe when things gets back to normal, we can reconsider.

After all the talks, we were arranged into the conference room and served with question papers. In it were questions on organic chemistry, economics, physics, philosophy, politics, geography and calculus.

The pass mark was 80/100%. But in the end, despite the fact that I scored 88% I wasn't selected because, I couldn't attempt the questions on calculus.

But what can I do?

Change begins with u - Buhari

A govt dt has failed woefully in its responsibility, things can only get worse in this country as long as Buhari remains President.
I ve never seen a more difficult Nigeria. Nigeria will officially enter depression in Dec 2016, una never see anything jst wait until depression comes angry angry angry

Op God will see u thro this trying time, hope wify is working its well

1 Like

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Beetee1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
It is well with you bro, please don't be down. Marriage comes with blessing i can assure u that Better day ahead
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
Doncharlie:
Na wao...Companies are downsizing rapidly,what a Country
....It will take Nigeria at least 5 years to bounce back from this RECESSION
Our only hope now is DANGOTE REFINERY

No bro, there are so many things Nigerians can export..

But havent produced enough to meet local consumption.

1 Like

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by dman4mdmoon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
Eeeeyah! Take heart bro. God will open doors of better opportunities
MisterGrace:

Hey Guys!

But what can I do?
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Prince16: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
MisterGrace:

Hey Guys!

The pass mark was 80/100%.
But in the end, despite the fact that I scored 88% I wasn't selected because, I couldn't attempt the questions on calculus.

But what can I do?

Sorry :bout dt.

Bruv, @ d bolded, don't waste time/talent. Fas-fas submit ur CVs in schools. At least dt will put some food on d table in d time being.

Best wishes
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by babacares: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
it is well with you bro, greater doors and opportunity awaits you.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by idu1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
appcypher:

It's in the post na.
ah dont mind me
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hope you saved up for rainy days... Use your savings to start up a business and see it grow. Some village people will say your wife brought you bad luck. Anyway, Stay Positive
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by queenfav(f): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
eeya,hope wifee is working sha?At least she can support you while you try to come up with something to do to earn a living.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by LastSurvivor: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
So sorry bro..
I feel ur pains..
It's difficult to survive not too decent job talkmore of no job..
Lemme assume that God has plan for you..
Keep the fire burning..
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by AntiWailer: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
MisterGrace:

Hey Guys!

But what can I do?

So sorry about this.

I hope wifee is working.

You have to be very very strong for her and please encourage her that shiit happens this is not bad luck.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Montaque(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
Op, how then does the change start with you? Anyway, god will provide u another good and better job. Greetings to your wifey.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Ibidi: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
I suspect this is a made up story. As in most such stories, no specifics and few details. U can fool some people some of the time but...

2 Likes

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by lonelydora: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
What a level playing field thrown to you guys. I love your boss, bro.

Kpele......God will provide another source of income for you. Please tell your wife not to worry that things will get better with time. I pray for you bro.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Explorers(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
It's well, bigger opportunities coming your way bro.....
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by lightheart(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
It's a beginning of better things.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Men sometimes I thank God I NEVA entered only to be left outside alone. I guess only me knows what dat means. Some remedies are truly worse than the disease.
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by peppo4live: 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Don't allow recession to bring depression into your soul...remember that your word at the moment will either bring back your worth or make things worst...Don't forget your secret place, I mean the place of prayer...I see doors opening for you soonest
Re: See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession by Toks2008(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
MisterGrace:

Hey Guys!

But what can I do?

All things work together for good dude...be hopeful and look inward.

It's not easy anyway but I hope your wife has something bringing hone at least 2k a day as that could sustain both of you till you bounce back.

You can also try marketing job for any good company with great product and make some commissions as you look for a new job of biz.

It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Key Uses Of Microsoft Excel At Work / Low Income Earner? Top Secrets To Earn More Money / Stephanie Busari Promoted To CNN's Senior Editor For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.