Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. (644 Views)

When You Are A Computer Guru And Your Girlfriend Needs Your Assistance / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. by iGuru1(m): 12:19am On Oct 10, 2009
Hi everyone, my names are Josiah Gerald, am i new member of this forum and i think i have alot to offer here as a genius.
But i like to bringout an issue concerning the SMF, why is it that most nigeria forum uses the SMF.
Why are they all the same?

Thx.
Re: Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. by yawatide(f): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2009
Most likely cos we suffer from "aburo babajide syndrome": Just because it is good for Seun (aburo babajide) automatically implies that it is the best and so is good for everybody else (babajide). In other words, some ppl will not even bother doing research of their own to figure out others. They will use smf (even if it means paying extra for the very same version NL is using tongue) till Seun changes to something else.

I hope this answers your question grin
Re: Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. by switch411(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ordinarily, i would have prefered to use Vbulletin but, i guess it involves lots of code knowledge and it is not as easy as smf to handle. (i stand to be corrected though)
the price issue is not my problem. if i get someone that can set up my vbulletin forum for me and even put his own adsense code for an agreed period of time while i do an agressive marketing and promo of the site and learn the rudiments, i realy wont mind purchasing a vbulletin script!! problem is webmasters have not been keen on the business angel thing!! shocked
Re: Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. by SamMilla1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
smf is pretty simple because you can manage it without php knowledge.

A lot of Nigerians use phpBB as well, i can list many of them here if you want.

vB requires money to get the script , so i dont count it since most people down there in Nigeria doesn't have CC for online payment.
No doubt smf became more popular because of nairaland
seun started it first, and so what ?
someone was going to be the first person.

myspace, hi5, facebook what are the differences in concept ?

google adopted firefox browser and all of a sudden, google chrome showed up.

150 million Nigerians was never going to have only one smf,
United states alone have over 20000 smf forums.

yawa, i am directing this at you. seun did not code smf.
so it doesn't matter how many people who uses it in Nigeria

i have personally installed and edited over 12 smf forums for Nigerians - all for free

and i am ready to assist any other person who wants it.
Re: Internet Guru/ Smf Issue. by kingzli(m): 12:07am On Oct 11, 2009
@sam milla, all correct.
SMF is very easy to use and as far as I am concerned is the best free forum software. VB is better in so many ways but just like IPb you have to pay for it.

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting / How To Buy A Domain Name A Hosting Plan From Nairahost / Website Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.