Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market (7394 Views)

Nigerians React Over Approval Of $1 Billion For Anti-Terrorism War / Osinbajo Wants To Borrow $500m Eurobond / $1bn Eurobond: Fayose Says APC Government Is Behaving Like Prodigal Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by hgnbello(m): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria plans to raise $1 billion on the Eurobond market this year in a move designed to plug a budget deficit, said the country’s finance minister Friday.

Speaking at a press conference in the nation’s capital of Abuja, finance minister Kemi Adeosun said the government had earlier this month approved the plan to issue international debt for the first time since 2013.

Adeosun said that the bonds are expected to go on sale in December, with the proceeds channelled into capital projects.

“We are about to appoint our advisers. We are raising one billion dollars,” Adeosun said.

“I want to re-emphasise that we have a strategic plan that will take us out of the recession that we find ourselves in. We want to make sure that this recession is the shortest possible.”

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari announced a record 6.1-trillion-naira ($19.4-billion) spending plan for this year’s federal budget to try to stimulate growth.

The government will be seeking loans from the World Bank, the African Development Bank, China Exim Bank and the Japan International Cooperation Agency.

“These concessional loans will go to the strategic sectors of the economy,” Adeosun said earlier in September, citing the power and agricultural sectors as a key areas of focus.

Nigeria is in a recession, suffering from double-digit inflation and a massive drop in foreign investment as it struggles to undo the effects of a rigid foreign-exchange regime that led to a shortage of dollars and drained reserves.

The West African country’s economy is dependent on oil revenues, which have been hit by a plunge in the global price of crude and ongoing rebel attacks on infrastructure in the oil-producing southern region.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/fg-raise-1-billion-eurobond-market/

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Hope this works because investors are very wary of buying Nigerian debt at the moment

3 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by baker91: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2016
money that they won't even use to do anything meaningful

4 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
TF
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Samiceman: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Thisis2raw(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
“I want to re-emphasise that we have a strategic plan that will take us out of the recession that we find ourselves in. We want to make sure that this recession is the shortest possible." you found yourself in Mrs Adeosun? Was there any recess before you came in? Nonsense people

8 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by CriticMaestro: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
Ok
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by fixedhollies(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
We better do the needful fast fast and sharp sharp. I support anything that we end this recession. Less Nigerians be angry and...

Fast fast!

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by favourmic(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Be right bavk
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by lakefist(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Space booked!

Beware of omoonile!
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by gurunlocker: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
we are about, we will, we are to, we shall,

Damn it

2 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
I tired of hearing about Billions daily......Million no dey reign again. Hian shocked

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by luvinhubby(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Confused lot.

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Cuntslayer: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Being a Nigerian these days is so depressing

3 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by DonCortino: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Another future impossible tense.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by CHANNELStv2020: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2016
BUHARI JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by ednut1(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2016
i love this

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by CHANNELStv2020: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
Cuntslayer:
Being a Nigerian these days is so depressing
WAS THERE ANY DAY BEING NIGERIAN WAS WONDERFUL? Hell no atleast not in my lifetime, Nigeria is hell on earth
ONE NIGERIA NO GROWTH IS THIER AIM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by steppin: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
If wishes were horses...
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
I don't trust these people
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by hotspec(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
This our COMMISSIONER FOR FINANCE sef. She talks Economy from Accounting perspectives. She will speak vocabularies without economics terminologies to make it professional. One MAJOR MISTAKE of this clueless govt is this inexperienced WOMAN. She never had any national or global economic administration experience. All she did was to keep accounting records for Amosun, and she was picked to learn on the job as a key minister in this clueness govt.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
K
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by bsideboii(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
It will be a hard time convincing investors.

Earn in dollars online by referrals with an investment of 4k.Thank me later. Do me a mail/WhatsApp.
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Micah360(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
We are waiting

Anything to stop did recession
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by ladyF(f): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2016
The government is very confused. They are not even addressing the root cause of the recession. So when they raise the money and they embark on the capital projects that ends up the same way FG projects have been over the years, halfway done. What do we do then? We'll slip into another recession worse than this! angry *sigh*

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Rick9(m): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by Emmaoga: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
APC KNOWS HOW TO USE " FUTURE UNENDING CONTINUOUS TENSE" ....we will, .....we shall,.....we can,.....we must,....we are about to....
e.g when elected, we will create 3million jobs.

when elected, we will pay youths 5k each month.

when elected, we shall make #1= $1.

back to the matter:: I pray and hope it works out

God bless Nigeria.... good people Great Nation

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by ceeethru(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
We are no longer asking Buhari to develop Nigeria.
At this point, we are only asking him to return Nigeria to the state she was before he (Buhari) was sworn into office.
Return our dear Naira to 170 per Dollar
Return our bag of rice to #7000
Return our bankers to their jobs
Return the over 400 multinational companies that relocated out of this country back to Nigeria.
Return the thousands of Nigeria you made jobless back to their respective jobs.
Return our economy to the fastest growing economy in Africa
Return Dangote back to his position as the richest man in Afirca.
Return our only indigenous car manufacturing company INNOSON Motors back to production.
Forget about adding anything new, just do these and we will ask for nothing more.‬:

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by nototribalist: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
Always going to, about to, planning to, getting ready to. It's going to 2 years now. Nothing to show.
Re: FG To Raise $1 Billion In Eurobond Market by montelik(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recession: CITN Charges FG To Widen Tax Net With Informal Sector / Breaking: Fulani Men Who Kidnapped Methodist Bishop In Abia Arrested Pics / Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.