Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime (14268 Views)

I Was Asked To Sign Non Disclosure Agreement For A Job I Got / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic) / Omg!!! I Just Got A Job I Didn't Apply For! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
I think today makes it exactly six years I graduated from a state owned university somewhere here in Nigeria with a fairly good result. After so many application and numerous interviews, I am yet to get a job.

I think it is high time I delve into crime, or worse still money rituals. Please do not give me all those sanctimonous talk about '' God will do it'' '' be patience'' ''hustle hard'' ' 'self employment'' ''start up'' and all those bullshit.

Heaven knows I have tried my best. I have gone into start ups that failed eventually due to the Nigerian factor. I have involved myslef in careers that are below my qualification; I have sold rat poison; I have done cleaning/sanitaion jobs; I have hawked wares etc etc etc.

I am the only male child of my family. I need to cater for my family. I am not getting younger also, I need to plan for my own life too. IT IS HIGH TIME I LEAVE THE LEGITIMATE AND GO INTO THE ILLEGITIMATE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by modsfucker: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Oya na

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Cutehector(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mmm

6 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by compuseun: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
@ Dumeje , is it when you end up spending the rest of your life in Jail you will be able able to cater for your family and settle down.
Have you forgotten that joblessness is not an excuse for committing crime. I will advise you to venture into something you have passion for rather that nurturing how to venture into crime in your mind. Keep on trying because WINNER NEVER QUIT.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by profstar(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
You want to dive into crime, when did crime turn to water grin abi you be fish cheesy grin grin

Now on a serious note:

Dumeje:
...Please do not give me all those sanctimonous talk about '' God will do it'' '' be patience'' ''hustle hard'' ' 'self employment'' ''start up'' and all those bullshit.

I wanted to give you suggestions which help me overcome, when I was directly in the situation you are now, but the above shows you have given up. You know how they say, quiters never win, winners never quit.

God forbid that I, my friends or family will be your victim
So I'm very sorry I have to pray a prayer for you:

As you delve into crime, may you also delve into KIRIKIRI. angry

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
compuseun:
@ Dumeje , is it when you end up spending the rest of your life in Jail you will be able able to cater for your family and settle down.
Have you forgotten that joblessness is not an excuse for committing crime. I will advise you to venture into something you have passion for rather that nurturing how to venture into crime in your mind. Keep on trying because WINNER NEVER QUIT.
I have attended countless seminars and motivational workshops. My Library is littered with so many self help books. I have applied all the known self empowerment principles to no avail. Bros I be don tire.
Like I said earlier, it is time I leave the legitimate and engage in the illigeitmate
Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by walexsho(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
guy, find your way out of Naija

19 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
profstar:
You want to delve into crime, when did crime turn to water grin

Now on a serious note:

I wanted to give you suggest how I overcame, when I was directly in the situation you are now, but the above shows you have given up,
how did you overcome? Your suggestion might just be my last life line.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
walexsho:
guy, find your way out of Naija
If I tell you that I have attempted travelling out will you believe me? Person wey no see money for 1 square meal chop, she na him go see money to process International Passport and other travel document?

If I tell you that I have attempted travelling out via the Sahara will u believe me? I enter Agadez for Niger Republic, I see as man pikin dey die for Desert like goat, nobody tell me before I waka cum back. Bros abeg make we leave story for tortise.

If I'll die, atleast let me die after making it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by profstar(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dumeje:
how did you overcome? Your suggestion might just be my last life line.

You kind of sound like you are threatening us.
Your approach to life is where I think you got it all wrong.

By the way, nobody out there overcame entirely by their power, luck counts, but there are things I think you also need to change.
Sorry, you might not agree with the list, but they helped me, so it might help you too, by the way, I've not arrived, still hustling.

Sorry, I might take time typing this, I'm in a bus
Also sorry for the typos

Rule 1:
You need to realize:

WINNERS NEVER QUIT
You may apply all the rules and nothing still seems to work out, but don't quit, everyone that wins can testify to this. Because they know there is always a morning after every dark night.

Rule 2
You need to realize:

NOBODY OWE YOU A JOB

I actually saw this on nairaland, wrote it down somewhere I can see it everyday, made it a picture for my laptop's wallpaper and screensaver.
Not even the government, parent, brother etc. If they promise you, make sure you trick you mind to forget immediately they deliver the speech. By this, you don't get disappointed or relax because someone promised you a job. you realize, rule 2b: every man is for himself (got that from 2face song).

Rule 3:
I do tell myself

"ONLY LOSERS COMPLAIN
so don't"

From your original post, you mentioned " Nigeria factor"
yes! there is naija factor, location factor, climate factor, environmental factor, we are all affected but how we respond is what makes a difference. Even The richest BLACK MAN ALIVE was affected by "Nigeria factor" he lost half of his fortune to it. So quit whining, quit complaining.

In fact I notice that when people give 100% for something, and they start complaining, the result is always unimaginably low, I think it's a natural law (negative relationship, or something).

Rule 4
You need to
CHANGE YOUR RULE, LIFE, PRINCIPLES, EVERYTHING! UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR WAR AND HOW TO WIN IT
(Of course positively)

To tell you I was once in your shoe,
I studied economics,
but was one time a software engineer (repairs bb, PC and co)
Then ventured into bulksms ( got my own site from alawe contribution)
Then one time ventured into blogging ( as bulk SMS no pay me)
While all this was on, I was still applying for jobs.
Then got an admin job around my house, where I was working for free.
I later got another job where I was paid 20k per month but I spend 20k as monthly transport and I wasn't living with my parent, so I still have to feed myself, dem!, I felt like d world was on me ( each time I remember that time, I feel sad again in appreciation.)

I'm not saying you should turn, jack of all trade, but keep trying different things, don't limit yourself. Rule 4b: you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

And I'm not also saying the above businesses I left for the other are not good, I was trying to find the primary business that is meant for ME, they simply were not.
I discovered that for most graduate, you really won't find the connection between what you studied in school and when you get to the real world, that is why self employment always seem difficult. (note: self employment is not my focus here)

You said, you were one time selling rat killer, I guess you started that because you had a different method of improving the business, if not, that is not the change I'm talking about.

I later discovered my type of business, I discovered that, accounting was my way (can you imagine, discovering this after graduating), I then started ICAN, now I'm working with another company based on my accounting field.
(Note: I didn't discover my kind of work after getting the job, it was exactly 11 months after I discovered what I'm meant to do)

Believe me, I have a lot to share but I will drop my pen, right here.(this should be my longest post online, bro I hope it worth the wahala ooh, crime no be way).

I hope you have one or two things to get from my story
I hope you don't delve into crime
Finally, understand,
THERE ARE PEOPLE SUFFERING MORE THAN YOU ARE.
Thank you.

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Yksoul(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
GUY,YOU ARE NOT ALONE,I THINK WE ARE THE SAME.! I THINK SEEING YOUR MATES MARRYING,GIVING BIRTH TO CHILDREN AND MAKING PROGRESS GOES A LONG WAY IN FEELING FRUSTRATED AND DEJECTED.BUT, I STILL BELIEVE SOMEHOW THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL,AND WHEN YOU ARE AT THE EDGE OF GIVING UP THAT IS THE POINT YOUR BREAKTHROUGH IS AROUND THE CORNER AND IT'S NEAR THAN YOU THINK.GOD BLESS YOU.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by kodine: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
My advice for u is..learn ow to drive...u go get driving job for lag...at least 50k per month....from there..life will be meaningful

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by mytime24(f): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
may ur 1st attempt land u in prison embarassed

cuz na innocent people go b ur target cool

7 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Greatzeus(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bilabong:
Brohs am a major supplier of all kind guns, bomb, jack knife, grenade, mask gloves. I even train arm robbers.
Contact me if u need my service.
Seriously grin I thought you were supposed to console him,and give speech like" oh you will get there, don't give up etc" you come de advertise guns grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by GreenBobo: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
If only F-SARS would understand ... But they wouldn't ....
How do we come about this feeling of entitlement ? That every one and everything owes us something ? Society owes u.... Govt owes you... Your well to do uncle or aunt owe you?

Everyday I see young men and women(some with paper qualifications , some with absolutely no trace of formal education, some with a mix of both ) doing great stuffs... With intelectual and material possession around the globe...

One do not need any mentor, self help handout, seminars or their likes to appreciate the abundant successes and achievement that stares you in the face day and night .

The successes, achievements and greatness of these young souls are enough motivation for me to continue in good stead...

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by 1zynnvn(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
almost dropped a tear, 6solid years, if you tried all and failed what makes you think you won't also fail at crime,get caught, killed or something worse.

you only fail when you give up bro. treasures are hard to find, ask the diamonds.. with commitment and dedication you will make it, you prolly lacked these qualities, that's y you said you've had startups that failed....try again bro.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
profstar:

You kind of sound like you are threatening us.
Your approach to life is where I think you got it all wrong.

By the way, nobody out there overcame entirely by their power, luck counts, but there are things I think you also need to change.
Sorry, you might not agree with the list, but they helped me, so it might help you too, by the way, I've not arrived, still hustling.

Sorry, I might take time typing this, I'm in a bus

Rule 1:
You need to realize:

WINNERS NEVER QUIT
You may apply all the rules and nothing still seems to work out, but don't quit, every one that wins can testify to this. Because they know there is always a morning after every dark night.

Rule 2
You need to realize:

NO BODY OWE YOU A JOB

I actually saw this on nairaland, wrote it down somewhere I can see it everyday, made it a picture for my laptop's wallpaper and screensaver.
Not even the government, parent, brother etc. If they promise you, make sure you trick you mind to forget immediately they deliver the speech. By this, you don't get disappointed or relax because someone promise you a job. you realize, rule 2b: every man is for himself

Rule 3:
I do tell myself

"ONLY LOSERS COMPLAIN
so don't"

From your original post, you mentioned " Nigeria factor"
yes! there is naija factor, climate factor, environmental factor, we are all affected but how we respond is what makes a difference. Even The richest BLACK MAN ALIVE was affected by "Nigeria factor" he lost half of his fortune to it. So quit whining, quit complaining.

In fact I notice that when people give 100% for something, and they start complaining, the result is always unimaginably low, I think it's natural law (negative relationship, or something).
I understand your point(s) very clearly but I do not think you understand mine.
Do you know Myles Munroe, the late Motivatinal speaker/writer from Bahamas who died few years ago in a plane crash? No? I have virtually all his books. Zigziglar, John C.Maxwell, Mike Murdock, Ben Carson, Robert Greene etc etc, I have all thier works.

Bros all what you wrote here arent new to me. Infact I can write you a doctoral thesis/dissertion on self help/empowerment. I have applied all these principles, but all na lie !!

5 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by profstar(m): 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dumeje:
Do you know Myles Munroe, the late Motivatinal speaker/writer from Bahamas who died few years ago in a plane crash? No? I have virtually all his books. Zigziglar, John C.Maxwell, Mike Murdock, Robert Greene etc etc, I have all thier works.

Bros all what you wrote here arent new to me. Infact I can write you a doctoral thesis/dissertion on self help/empowerment. I have applied all these principles, but all na lie !!

Leme finish before u quote me, and I read too, but those rules are not from any of those books, they are my experience and life.
So forget the book story and learn or am I wasting my time??

1 Like

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by FrankLampard: 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
Get a Pentium M laptop, look for gmail boys in your area. Start doing what they are doing.

Thank me later.

17 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
profstar:
or am I wasting my time??
No are'nt
Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by Millex(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dumeje:
Do you know Myles Munroe, the late Motivatinal speaker/writer from Bahamas who died few years ago in a plane crash? No? I have virtually all his books. Zigziglar, John C.Maxwell, Mike Murdock, Ben Carson, Robert Greene etc etc, I have all thier works.

Why not use that information gathered, set up a self help program train people on those things you learnt? Write books etc? Atleast most of the guys you mentioned that's how they did it

8 Likes

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by omotoyiwa(f): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
As long as u ar alive, there's still hope. Don't give up on urself now, who knows you might be close to your breakthrough. Put it all in God's hands nd continue giving it all you can, he'll crown ur effort. Have you tried networking biz? Or learn some household usables that you can make urself nd sell out like soaps, izal, insectisides, air freshner etc. Pls start from somewhere no matter how small. It is well with you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by uwagimboo: 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
OP, involve me if it's not robbery or anything that involves blood...
Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by kinswhite(m): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
The advice i have 4 u is this.
keep ur degree aside and go learn a skill. dnt put too much hope on paper qualification and dnt think u are too old to learn a skill. i saw a married man with 3 kids puts his qualification outside as things are nt working out well and starts all over as an apprentice to a welder, he was patiently learning the skill despite all odds but today, that same man is a proud owner of a big welding workshop with lots of boys under him, he is living fine, has his own car and currently building a big house.
My brother dnt rely on ur qualification of 6 yrs back when companies are interested in fresh graduates not above the age of 25.
i had to keep my qualification aside and go learn software engineering of which i believe by the grace of God i will start my own biz after am tru with the program.
Learning a skill might even boost ur chances in the labour market with ur degree.
My opinion

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by muyicomms(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello, if u like enter lagoon it's your choice. when you complain of no job, nothing is working etc. can you compare yourself to me that i struggle through out my school days and graduated with Upper Credit (3.96) and served in one bush in Zamfara state (2009) and Came back to Lagos with the hope of getting a job since 2007 that i finished. And got bad news from almost every pastor, imam and onifa that the certificate has been Spiritually dump in the dust bin. i haven't collect more than 14,000 salary in my life. what should i do? think twice, change ur mind before your mind change u.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by macaranta(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
Are you looking for moral justification before you begin?

Smh if you can't do the time don't do the crime.
Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by missKiffy(f): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Please o, don't do anything stupid

1 Like

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by amicable09(f): 12:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Dumeje:

This!
This oversabi response you just put up here, is your problem. You should be thankful I didn't see this thread earlier before good people of NL began giving you advice. I for give you mine wey for sure go put you in crimes section, I no dey waste time.

You sell rat poison yet rats still full everywhere for gutter, you come stop. Go back to that rat poison my brother, in it, you can commit crime or make money. Sell rat poison like no one has ever sold it, learn how to produce and package it nicely. Take it to people's homes and watch your pocket grow fat.

That's all I can say for now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Years After Graduation Yet No Job, I Think It Is Time I Delve Into Crime by emekaD3(m): 12:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Hang in there Bro, Crime is not the answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos State Teaching And Surveyor Job Vacancy / ICAN Exemption / Access Bank Recruitment Is On-going For Entry Level And Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.