Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech (1035 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / 2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Abba Kyari Inserted 'Coordinator' Clause In Buhari’s Letter To NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by queenst(f): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
[img]http://4.bp..com/-4m3ga1xtlJE/V9xZLJ1fJZI/AAAAAAAKe3o/7saPxu9GiWwcH1SaYhe1deH4ugh_k56ZgCLcB/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]
cc: lalasticlala mynd44
The Presidency has responded to reports that President Buhari plagiarized president Barack Obama’s speech at the launch of “Change Begins With Me” reorientation campaign in Abuja last week
A part of President Buhari’s speech (right) contained largely the same arrangement of words and emotional outburst that President Obama used in his 2008 victory speech (left) after he was elected the first American black president. Reacting to the report, Senior Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Shehu Garba, says the official responsible for the speech will be sanctioned
Below is the statement issued by Shehu Garba Shehu, SSAP Media and Publicity to the President:
The Presidency wishes to respond to a story on alleged plagiarism in a Presidential Speech that has been trending for most of today.
The Presidency observed that the similarities between a paragraph in President Obama’s 2008 Victory Speech and what the President read in paragraph nine of the sixteen-paragraph while inaugurating the “Change begins with me” are too close to be passed as coincidence. There was a mistake by an overzealous administration staff and we regret that this has happened.
A Deputy Director in the Presidency has accepted responsibility for the insertion of the contentious paragraphs even when a query to him was being typed.
This serious oversight will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate punishment meted.
The Presidency, once again regrets this unfortunate incident. Measures have been put in place to ensure that this does not happen again.
President Muhammadu Buhari admonished Nigerians to move past incident and focus on the message of change which the country needs in order to restore our cherished value systems.

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/2016/09/16/plagiarism-presidency-to-punish-official-who-inserted-obamas-quote-in-president-buharis-speech/
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by queenst(f): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
This is serious
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by CandyDiamond(f): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nonsense illiterate good for nothing Nigerian government,ordinary speech that a secondary school student can give they cannot, everything na copy copy, [/b]how dey won change Nigeria for better[b], they obviously have nothing to offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by keme12345(m): 11:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
lol. I love this our government you want to purniah someone for something you can't even do.at list him own better him knw Watin to copy.#changebeginwithme#coping while am not in exam hall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Obama be like grin

Buhari be like angry

Me be like grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by jmichlins(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
there are more important queries to initiate in this administration. First who and how does the forex handled, why is the GOC Army yet to answer to the Dubai properties, did the president wife have anything to haliburton, the corruption petition against the transport minister about his tenure as governor. I don't care about a speech cause am sure I use other peoples quote when I find it inspiring. Obama used Martin Luther King Jnr "I have a dream speech". So investigate and prosecute important issues

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Jokerman(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Where you blind wen reading through? ?
oh I forgot, he does not follow current events except to siphon money through his conduit Halliburton. ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Purpletee(f): 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria I hail thee
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Surfboard(m): 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
While I must commend the presidency in admitting when they've erred, they will be overdoing it by punishing the official responsible.

Would they have given the said official the glory if he had come up with an extraordinary speech that enhanced the President's reputation?
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by DonCortino: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Story story, Story!!!!
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
It was like how Buhari fired 22 Directors from Budget office and exonerated himself.

Was he saying he failed to scrutinize the budget as the president before submitting it to the senate??

Zombies are very gullible.
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by progress69: 11:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
blueto:
It was like how Buhari fired 22 Directors from Budget office and exonerated himself.

Was he saying he failed to scrutinize the budget as the president before submitting it to the senate??

Zombies are very gullible.

This are the same clowns that will call Buhari a dullard. Whereas the kind of illiteracy, they show on the internet is worse than that of a compound dullard. So u expect the president of a country to go through the budget page by page, word for word b4 passing it to the senate. Oya clap for urself cheesy
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by santino09: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2016
progress69:

This are the same clowns that will call Buhari a dullard. Whereas the kind of illiteracy, they show on the internet is worse than that of a compound dullard. So u expect the president of a country to go through the budget page by page, word for word b4 passing it to the senate. Oya clap for urself cheesy
[color=#006600]

Then why is he president? Please receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by EFGH: 12:08am On Sep 17, 2016
K
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by nwasinachi(f): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari read, u no go read,na to dey watch cartoon with tom and jerry u sabi. Leave d innocent man alone and resign immediately coz u are a terrible failure. Small time u go begin to blame Donald Trump and Oga Goody goody Jonathan for ur incompetency.
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Goyim: 12:53am On Sep 17, 2016
Oops, that was really bad
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by LesbianBoy(m): 1:28am On Sep 17, 2016
nwasinachi:
Buhari read, u no go read, na to dey watch cartoon with tom and jerry u sabi. Leave d innocent man alone and resign immediately coz u are a terrible failure. Small time u go begin to blame Donald Trump and Oga Goody goody Jonathan for ur incompetency.

You mean burukutu sipping bastard watches cartoon? Na wa angry

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Mynd44: 4:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 17, 2016
O
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by MrCounselor: 5:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Highest level of embarrassment.
Guy dug it out too, na wa o.
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by vincent10(m): 5:45am On Sep 17, 2016
Cattle rearer writing a speech. What do you expect. They thought everybody thinks like zombies.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by otukpo(f): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Did Buhari not go through the speech before delivering it?
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama’s Quote In Buhari’s Speech by nwasinachi(f): 7:13am On Sep 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

You mean burukutu sipping bastard watches cartoon? Na wa angry
My brother, d day i hear am for dis nairaland, na so i open mouth.

(1) (Reply)

I Crashed ‘flying’ From Benin To UK, Says Man Found In Sapele River(photo) / TOLU OGUNLESI Explains How Sometimes Stealing By Public Officials Is Allowable / I Won’t Join APC, Mimiko Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.