Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,092 members, 7,821,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer (1857 Views)

Common But Funny Errors among Nigerian Tribes / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / Natural Disasters Common, But Only Man-made Disasters In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2009
Nigeria is no Canada, Nigeria is no USA and Nigeria is not actually not fit the definition of a homogenous society.
Canada speaks two languages, English and French and USA speak one language English, well of course, Mmmmmmm a slight Spanish. Both of these countries have too many in common than Nigeria. They eat the same food, they have the same culture, they love their country, they have leaders that care about their destiny, they dress the same, they enjoy freedom,they enjoy one religion [Christianity], the have a constitution that includes all, they work hard to be perfect, just too many mutual feelings.

Nigerians, do not have anything in common but the color of their skin and soccer. Nigerians do not love their country or die for it, their fashion is quite different from one another, Their religion is the most hotly contested in the world. They speak too many language/dialect, the Nigerian government can't count, yet they claim they are about 150 million or more people inhabited in the country. Nigeria has three nations in embedded in one country. The Igbos in the east, Yoruba in the west and Hausa in the north, Their work habit is way too different
If Nigeria want to live to together as one nation, something's gotta give. Find what works, and what works are in two ways, split the country or go confederacy.

oh God, not my will but thine
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2009
Nigeria is a cleptocracy.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by AjaraEwuro: 9:22am On Oct 10, 2009
and you are a what? a fool.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2009
Forty years ago, Igbo people singularly and cruelly bore the brunt of the savage politics of mass murder, organised and executed meticulously and ruthlessly by the central coordinating operatives of this movement under the racist and chauvinist imprimatur of religious fundamentalism and exclusivity. Twice, during the course of two decades earlier, these operatives had staged murderous campaigns against the same Igbo in the north Nigerian towns of Jos and Kano – in dress rehearsals for the 1966-1970 “final solution”, As the virulence of this politics has since spread globally and indeed defines the dominant concern of international relations in the current epoch, the world no doubt needs to learn quite a lot from the Igbo experience. How have the Igbo “coped” with the visceral politics of hate and death in the past one-half century of a cataclysmic history? Despite the present Nigerian occupation of their homeland, the Igbo possess the critical indices for the far-reaching socioeconomic transformation of this region of Africa.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by AjaraEwuro: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2009
realy? what next?
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2009
They have an impressive industrial and manufacturing base that requires a radical upgrade and diversification, a disciplined workforce and an indefatigable intellectual, entrepreneurial and managerial class. The Igbo youth, 16-40, makes up part of Africa’s most educated and talented grouping. Despite the occupation, Igbo male and female students out-perform the rest of Nigeria across the entire spectrum of the education system. (On this, see particularly Okechukwu Agbor’s excellent study, “Look who is going to school in Nigeria,” in [accessed 13 Februar 2009] a change of the title of Agbor’s essay to, for instance, “Igbo education during the era of occupation”, underscores, even further, the historic relevance of his study.) Strategically emplaced in Igboland is a resourceful engine of creativity that has immense possibilities for the future wellbeing of Africa and the rest of the world. It is therefore incumbent on the world to support the Igbo’s arduous efforts presently to free themselves from the Nigeria occupation.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by ketsho: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2009
On the eve of The Hague international court ordering the arrest of Sudanese President al-Bahier for “war crimes and crimes against humanity” in Darfur, it is surely unpardonable that the Rotimis of this planet are basking in the democratic sunny havens of Florida instead of being incarcerated in the Netherlands. We mustn’t forget that al-Bashier studiously learnt his vicious trade from that infamous dossier that documented the mass murders that charted the parameters of a devastating age for Africa – of which al-Bashier has contributed his own vile quota. The dossier was jointly signed by Obafemi Awolowo and Yakubu Gowon and was dated 29 May 1966-12 January 1970.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by Rosabelle(f): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2009
When I read stuff like this, I wonder.
Have you people looked around Africa? See our neighbouring countries and how they plunge from one war to the next. All these people speak the same language oh. I feel Nigerias greatest strength is her diversity, and those who want to split the country should simply stay where they are and not go to other parts.
And then these Igbos who constantly go on and on about Biafra, remember oh, when you people wanted to go and become your Biafra, nobody was going to hold you, but you wanted to take Bendel with you and THAT was what started that brutal war. If you people had simply left, ase we will all have had peace. So all these tales of woe you people are crying about, you people should go to the Ojuku's who were promising you what they couldnt deliver.

On a lighter note @ Poster, if you think Nigerians have nothign in common, take a stroll round NL and see. There is a pattern of madness that can only be Nigerian.
Theres sooo much more to the country than this constant 'Yoruba', 'Ibo' 'Hausa' secterianism.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by ketsho: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2009
Let Biafra be actualised today, every Igbo will support it. Just the same way 2007 general election was acrobatically achieved by PDP and then every nigerian will gradually support Yaradua. Those Igbos who are hesitant in supporting Biafra actualization are doing so for fear of failure in the future. It is said that "once bitten, twice shy". So it seems that the tussling for Biafra is dying down, but I don't see how we can easily and peacefully come out of this union. We need the arrogance of Obasanjo and manipulation of PDP to achieve Biafra. Any Igboman who is still playing father christmas to Hausa or Yoruba when they have grabbed everything leaving nothing for the so called minority is a complete fool. It is our patrotism that made us third-class citizens in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2009
Hey guys you could all say whatever you like, but when the time comes, the Igbos would be begged into becoming The Republic of Biafra again. Like an Ibo saying, "Ogechukwu rue akwa ungbochi ekewa" translated as, "When God's time arrives the dividing blind will split". We were all living witnesses to it in the US where just a decade ago if one went down south and told a white American there that in the year 2009, there woud be a black president, they'd have hanged the person. The thing is, that country Nigeria is suppressing all the good that should have come out of the black continent. If Biafra has existed, many of us living in self imposed exil would have been home. Come what may, I believe in from the dept of my heart that the nation known and called Biafra would return again, this time peacefully before the enemies of progress and emessaries of chaos would realise it. Wait and see, just don't take my words for it
Biafra will com back to stay for Good.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2009
The war ended many, many years ego. But some Nigerians continue to remind the Igbos that they lost the war.But has it ever occured to you that the person/persons that brag most about the outcome of the war are mostly Yorubas, such as Obasanjo and others. Here come the latest, Rotomi, the Ambassador to Washington. Read about his fiasco with Ojo and you decide who is actually tribalistic.
And to those who don't know how the war ended, it ended because Biafran Civilians were hopelessly killed by the Nigerian army, compounded with the starvation by the Nigeria government. The Nigerian army could not defeat Biafran soldiers. Ojukwu ended the war because of the suffering on the Civilians.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by WilyWily: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2009
@emyah,
Even One Yorubaman called Awolowo said it too, that this Devil Paradise call Nigeria is mere a geographical expression, he was keen on separating his Yoruba tribe from this fake union(Nigeria). But when the opportunity came for him, he reversed and concentrated in killing and looting your Igbo brothers Properties. i have proof.
It was later other tribes noticed that, Jealousy, Envy, Inferior, confusion was worrying that Yorubaman. i have a proof.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by Rosabelle(f): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2009
emyah:

The war ended many, many years ego. But some Nigerians continue to remind the Igbos that they lost the war.But has it ever occured to you that the person/persons that brag most about the outcome of the war are mostly Yorubas, such as Obasanjo and others. Here come the latest, Rotomi, the Ambassador to Washington. Read about his fiasco with Ojo and you decide who is actually tribalistic.
And to those who don't know how the war ended, it ended because Biafran Civilians were hopelessly killed by the Nigerian army, compounded with the starvation by the Nigeria government. The Nigerian army could not defeat Biafran soldiers. Ojukwu ended the war because of the suffering on the Civilians.
Where do you get your facts from? The war ended because of many factors. One being foreign pressure because the nigerian army was killing 'biafrans' who had NO WEAPONS. Ojuku RAN AWAY TO THE UK. The man wasnt there. What rubbish are you talking
My father was one of the so called Biafran 'soldiers' wearing slippers with no gun in hand. He was taken off the streets and promised by Ojuku and company that Biafra would be their free world etc. NA LIE. It was all a lie. Ojuku ran away when it got hot and left the Igbos to their faith.

Go read Chimammanda Adichie's : Half of a Yellow Sun. Dont come here and talk nonsence, cos even Chinua Achebe had to commend the book.
She put down  the facts of the Biafran war. Ojukwu hoodwinked the Igbos into a war they had no weapons to fight HE is responsible for those peoples lives.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2009
While I was engaged in a tete-a-tete with a couple of friends here in South Africa, a Yoruba man with little ones were having a hard time getting over a culvert of surviva, I did what the Igbo do best I broke my conversation and ran to their rescue. It was the Igbo in me and all Igbo that propelled me as I am sure she and her family are not enemies of mine. Can a Yoruba/Benin speak similarly? Hmmm?
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2009
Rosabelle:

Where do you get your facts from? The war ended because of many factors. One being foreign pressure because the nigerian army was killing 'biafrans' who had NO WEAPONS. Ojuku RAN AWAY TO THE UK. The man wasnt there. What rubbish are you talking
My father was one of the so called Biafran 'soldiers' wearing slippers with no gun in hand. He was taken off the streets and promised by Ojuku and company that Biafra would be their free world etc. NA LIE. It was all a lie. Ojuku ran away when it got hot and left the Igbos to their faith.

Go read Chimammanda Adichie's : Half of a Yellow Sun. Dont come here and talk nonsence, cos even Chinua Achebe had to commend the book.
She put down the facts of the Biafran war. Ojukwu hoodwinked the Igbos into a war they had no weapons to fight HE is responsible for those peoples lives.

It is very easy to write with the intention of ruining people on the internet. This has become common, as people who are unable to confront their adversaries due to incompetence on their own part take the cowardice and uncivilised route of making unfounded allegations to accomplish their goal. It could take time but justice is power.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

and you are a what? a fool.

My chemistry teacher used to say those days tha an atom was indivisible, now we know that scientists are actually capable of splitting atoms.Now about an indivisible country, I have never seen that before.My question to you is, who is responsible for the lack of freedom and injustice in that country?

could your people really submit to the leadership of an infidel who does not believe in sharia ? if not are we to pepertually remain your subjects?Even now we are about to transit from an uncouth dunce to a carreer thief as leader is this the price we must pay for remaining in an indivisible country ?

I believe your people can do very well, they have land and lots of resources.We do not have much but we believe we will get on just fine if left alone. Why don't we just shake hands and say good bye,it's been nice knowing each other this last 81 years.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2009
Rosabelle:

Have you people looked around Africa? See our neighbouring countries and how they plunge from one war to the next. All these people speak the same language oh. I feel Nigerias greatest strength is her diversity, and those who want to split the country should simply stay where they are and not go to other parts.
And then these Igbos who constantly go on and on about Biafra, remember oh, when you people wanted to go and become your Biafra, nobody was going to hold you, but you wanted to take Bendel with you and THAT was what started that brutal war. If you people had simply left, ase we will all have had peace. So all these tales of woe you people are crying about, you people should go to the Ojuku's who were promising you what they couldnt deliver.

On a lighter note @ Poster, if you think Nigerians have nothign in common, take a stroll round NL and see. There is a pattern of madness that can only be Nigerian.
Theres sooo much more to the country than this constant 'Yoruba', 'Ibo' 'Hausa' secterianism.

Please be serious,
I'm sure you have reasons, that only you know which are buried inside the recesses of your heart, why you don't want the Biafrans to go? Could it be that you're afraid that the free ride you get from the Biafrans will come to an end? Are you afraid to stand by yourselves as a country (Hausa/ Yoruba) and for once, start working for a living/lack of, like the Nigeriens, and the Chadians? Do you need the Biafrans to survive ?
Please check my posting above regarding the lack of commonality between the Biafrans and the orther ethnic group. Did you forget that Ndigbo has always been a successful Nation unto themselves. They have also succeeded in all aspect of life.
Your feeble "balkanization" excuse is exposing your selfish hypocrisy
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2009
Now, the Biafrans have decided that they are exercising their inalienable rights to Nationhood into action, since it is their democratic entitlement under the rule of laws of the United Nations of the world.
They have refused to be held down any longer by the "barbaric and retrogressive" engineerings and practices of the Arewa people.
They are moving on as a nation that they have always been, to peacefully realize their God-endowed potentials for growth and progress, unperturbed.

Biafrans, therefore, bid you goodluck in your sharia country while being thankful for their lack of commonality with you.
So, I didn't see that you need Biafrans to practise your sharia, or do you?
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2009
The free Rides and the Joy Rides of amassing EVERYTHING (resources, the Treasury, special/exclusive quota system, juicy govt undertakings, etc) within the Nigerian space, all the Foreign aids, grants, and subsidies, be they in agriculture, industrial, science/technology, infrastructure, health, other amenities, etc.
Yet, you have nothing to show for all these lopsided parasitical leechings.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by WilyWily: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2009
Train a Goat till thy Kingdom come, Goat will Still be Goat
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2009
Rosabelle:

That's exactly the point.
Rationally, you should not be against our peaceful movement for Biafra Actualization. Rather, you should encourage your leaders and grassroots to extensively assist and encourage Biafrans to attain their Nationhood.
That way, you can continue to obey and uphold your very own specially designed democratic rule of law.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
there is no doubt that Nigeria as its presently constituted has been a complete monumental failure thus why would anyone in general or Igbo's in particular want to remain there my answer is none.
I am a complete believer in the issue of self-determination I completely favour of it. I admire the drive and entrepreneur spirit that Igbo's have I was in Uganda and Kenya a few weeks ago and my Igbo brother were trading and engaged in business and doing very well for themselves I felt nothing but joy to see these individuals succeed in a distant land.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by naso2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2009
Rosabelle:

SPOT ON. I HAIL U 4 THIS.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2009
There's more for us all to gain in the overall, as ECOWAS countries, and as African countries in general. The glory of pacesetting Biafra will buy her neighbors into active, healthy, and progressive competitors which can potentially transform them from third world aids/grants recipients to Nearly Developed countries.

In times to come, Republic of Biafra will be desperately needed for economic, military, and technological stability of West Africa, and that of Africa, as a whole.
Therefore, the country of Nigeria need her as a good friend, not as an enemy.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2009
na_so:

SPOT ON. I HAIL U 4 THIS.

You are expected to tell us why you need Igbos in your Nigeria. We are waiting.
Don't worry about th Igbos and their wants. They know it already and are working toward its achievement.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by naso2(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
emyah:

You are expected to tell us why you need Igbos in your Nigeria. We are waiting.
Don't worry about th Igbos and their wants. They know it already and are working toward its achievement.

So in this your seperationist theory, the only way Igbos can develop and become the envy of all is when we split the country and a state of Biafra is born. Tell me what do you intend to achieve then, that you cant start now?
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
WilyWily:

Train a Goat till thy Kingdom come, Goat will Still be Goat

We commend professional teachers. They must have the patience of Job to be able to keep hammering into empty sculls of dullard/dunce students on common sense facts without splitting their sculls open.

Such is the case of these pretentious one Nigerianers on this board. And they say they received western enlightenment! You go figure! I hate to teach their illiterates, then.

All the same, its Biafra Republic all the way!
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2009
na_so:

So in this your seperationist theory, the only way Igbos can develop and become the envy of all is when we split the country and a state of Biafra is born. Tell me what do you intend to achieve then, that you cant start now?

Do you guys think we care about your sleepness nights regard our decision for self determination. There is no going back in our quest to be left alone. If you have not seen a country of never do wells. It is your Nigeria. Sometime ago an Igbo kid forteen years old, who schools in England was here on vacation. He told me he read about all what Ndi-Igbo as a people have gone through in Nigeria.

I then told him more of the tragedy called Nigeria and what our people have lost just for being part of Nigeria. This kid was so upset, that he asked me, what we are still doing with Nigeria, cant we have our own country he asked? That is our next move. We are fedup with hoping against hope.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2009
na_so:

I find it somewaht insulting that a Yoruba man has taken it upon himself to teach Ndi'igbo democracy. How annoying! Is it not in yoruba land that once a few elders with out-moded concepts have spoken, then the thinking has been done and all will follow? No wonder they get on well with the servile people of the far north where the satanic chant of one drunken emir is enough to send many young people to commit suicide in the hope of going to paradise.

I've heard some of your young people cry silently about the lack of youth and dynamism in Yoruba politics, but off course they dare not cry out loud for fear of antagonising the corrupt elders who they must 'dobali' to.

The wind of change is sweeping across Biafra and every Biafran knows it. That is why Kalu got a standing ovation when he took the stage at Enugu while people read their newspapers when Ojo and Anyim spoke. If you are still keen on numbers, then you must've read that Onitsha market literarily closed down @ mid day because Ralph uwazurike was passing through.

If you call typing a few lines on the WWW high technology, then you ain't seen nothing yet. We have wasted about 49yrs sticking around with you guys and it is time to move if we won't fossilize in a set up that consider owning a telephone luxury in the 21st century!
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
Umu Biafra ibem,

Its has obviously dawned on all and sundry that the one Nigerianer status quo parasites are unable to make a case (seriously, tangible or convincingly) why they need the Igbos in Nigeria.
We gave them the benefit of the doubt, and as expected, they had no case hence they resorted to empty threats and rhetorics.

Fear and desperation has gripped them as everywhere they turn, they see signs of emerging Biafra Republic.
Now, my advice for these disgruntled Nigerians is to start adjusting to the reality of Biafra Nation.
Their acts during this period will weigh in a lot in our future relations with them as fellow ECOWAS country/neighbor.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
Beautifull Biafrans

Nigeria wants the Biafrans in Nigeria, to use them and dump them. They want to take advantage of our technical prowess, but at the same time, deny us the credit. This why I am against this clarion call for an Igbo president of a dying Nigeria. The Nigerian system is irredemmable, only a foolish Biafran would think that he/she can salvage that garbage of a country.
Re: Nigerians, Do Not Have Anything In Common But The Color Of Their Skin And Soccer by emyah(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
There is not gonna be any war in Nigeria. The only war will be civil disobidence as a result of crippled enocomy. Nigeria will have no choice than to dissect amicably. The experiment is over. The North to Niger Republic, The West to Oduduwa and of course the most obvious the East to Biafra. Then black race will be respected and become a global force to reckon with. I hope I answered your question ? Now have a direct response to this posting."Why do you need Biafrans in Nigeria"?

Hail Biafra

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uduaghan Plays Politics With Love, Says Ogboru- Congratulates Him At 55 / Meanings Of The Cpc Acronym / The Spirit That Kept Biafra Going - Ojukwu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.