Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. (48810 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger / 800 Nigerians Sponsored By Dangote To Study Refinery Operations In India. PICS.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by billyG(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thecable.ng/sell-nlng-beef-up-reserves-see-naira-at-2501dangote-way-out-of-recession

we no go sell NLNG!make he price nnpc refineries na we are willing 2 sell.
Y didnt he bring it up when d ineffectual baboon was in power,he wuld hav sold it to him 4 $1b without a 2nd thought.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
jmichlins:
as much as I wish to see the recession go, I don't like the idea of government selling off her assets. Should it happen that previous government has been selling off assets like that this government might not be living in Aso Rock cause it might have been sold. First way out of recession is the President talking less cause whenever he opens his mouth investors fly away. This economic team seem to be overwhelmed by the situation and all their policies has been countered by our own tested and trusted economists like Soludo, Sanusi, Pat Utomi and many too numerous to mention. So it's time to thank and sack them or keep them around to learn from the masters in case of future need
Aso Rock wey we hear say govt dey pay land rent?
bros nah where u 4rm come?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by billyG(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dangote & co,those are d biz crooks that depleted our forex reserves,thay sweeze $ frm d system dey never generated any $ into d system.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ayobase(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
rusher14:
Just say you want to buy.

You want the NLNG be sold for 15 Billion Dollars that some people in government have in their back pocket?
Has it occurred to you how they got the money in the first place?

There are many times I agree with Dangote but this isn't one of them.

Go read again.

He mentioned no individuals, but powerful country.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by mengho(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
No no no, in Nigeria that will not work because almost all d ogas at d top are kleptomaniacs.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by nku5: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kole werk! Aliko Kolewerk! Govt go soon concession nigerian oxygen to you
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Themandator: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
I saw 'proper economic policies'.. He means what we are banding about is not proper economic policies.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by danot1030: 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
HolyHero:
slapped a soldier today and he ran away. That's how i knew he was fake. Please let's join hands and expose the fake soldiers in town.How? By slapping any soldier you come across this week, if he runs, then he is fake, if he doesn't run, the Lord is your strength.
I beg help me in slapping my own portion of slap to any soldier you see, my pastor just preached repentance to me and am still practicing it.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by zoogy2007: 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
What I think he is really talking about is how to restore his wealth that has been eroded due to the fall of Naira. If Naira appreciates his billions will recover. Its sounds very selfish. What will happen to the employees working in these companies, because the new owners will definitely restructure and downsize.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by lormarx: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thecable.ng/sell-nlng-beef-up-reserves-see-naira-at-2501dangote-way-out-of-recession

this man wants to buy Nigeria,he should be OK with the ones he already bought from the back yard,please leave Nigeria
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Reference(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is a sensible thing to do. Open up the country for investment by seeding assets that you currently expend so much resources just maintaining. When your economy recovers you can always buy them back or reinvest back into the sector if you wish. But from the looks of this government I don't think it will work because it is an establishment one that believes in big government for rent seeking purposes and political patronage. The very system we have run for decades, that has brought us into this macro mess eventually.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
rusher14:

You want the NLNG be sold for 15 Billion Dollars that some people in government have in their back pocket?

. Was actually thinking this way too

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by kushe: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
While Dangote has done well for himself, he might be out of his lane. One of the cardinal rules of infrastructure finance is that you dont use short term funds to finance long term needs. If u sell nlng today, it will enter the rubbish TSA where 36 elected vultures are waiting to feast on the carcas. The sad part is they wont be able to account for the money in 2 years and it will pain us when the price of oil rebounds. buhari no try am.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Swave4you(f): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Businessideas:

You are just being mischievous. Read my post patiently without prejudice. The government is feeling the pain of the mismanagement of GEJ and they are going about it diligently yet honest enough to tell us the rot they met on ground. It's only when they tell us what they met on ground that we can appreciate the amount of ground they covered in 2019.They are telling us how badly our nation has been pillaged, they are clearing the mess and you are still asking them not to complain.I voted for them to expose the rot, apprehend them, send them to jail to serve as deterrent and build a new system for the benefit of Nigerians.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by kushe: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
As sad as it may seem, the only way to get out of this recession is heavy government spending. Fiscal tightening will not do jack as more people will simply slip into poverty and hunger. We need infrastructure spending,large scale commissioning of private sector initiatives backed by government guarantees. The recession is biting harder because people are not spending and even those that have are afraid of Buhari's policies.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by nkowaputa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
rusher14:

He should have suggested that sale of the refineries. If we have the refineries running we would save billion of dollars (fx) that we use in importing petroleum. That way govt will have more dollars.
He wants to take our nlng cheap

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Jesusloveyou: 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
ogene007:

Today, majority of nigerians agree that the main ineffectual buffoon is the present occupant of Aso Rock. He is causing far more damage than the purported 16 years damage cause by PDP in less than 2 years.
did u even know d meaning of ineffectual buffoonism, to fast-forward ur brain, ineffectual buffoon mean someone that waste resource without due-process, mismanage resource in time of plenty, so tell me- who is now the ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by BabaIbo: 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
#changestartswithme ...
Can someone tell our president to include me in his economy/economic team... seriously I have something good to offer
Cancel Delete

na person wey dey feel something go sabi how e be for body... All his economy team members don't know what sufferness(hurstling n co) is?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by kushe: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
If we dont starting producing as a nation, we are doomed. America and Theodore Roosevelt tried everything during the great depression but nothing worked then luck smiled at them when war broke out in the rest of the world. Germany, Russia, England and Japan were at war spending all their human and material resources to execute the war while America refused to join the war till Japan bombed Pearl Habour. It was the need to go to war that saved Americas economy as people got jobs in the defense industries that sprang up overnight and people who had held no jobs for close to a decade were suddenly drafted into the army. We need a miracle folks cos Russia, venezuela and Angola are all facing the same crisis but compared to us, what is Angola's population? We need what the second world war did for America.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by IBBG(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
SonofDevil:

Mr man stop thinking like a toddler

Can You compare cost of living in 1999 to 2015

Can you compare cost of governance in 1999 to 2015

Can you compare population of 1999 to 2015

E.t.c
so is 30 billion not enough or too small for this clueless administration to do something in our economy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by IBBG(m): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
eduj:

I think you require an education on recession ,so I copied this from an article solely for you-thank me later.
Economic Recession Definition
Economic recession is a period of general economic decline and is typically accompanied by a drop in the stock market, an increase in unemployment, and a decline in the housing market. Generally, a recession is less severe than a depression. The blame for a recession generally falls on the federal leadership, often either the president himself, the head of the Federal Reserve, or the entire administration.
Factors that Cause Recessions
1)High interest rates are a cause of recession because they limit liquidity, or the amount of money available to invest.
2)Another factor is increased inflation. Inflation refers to a general rise in the prices of goods and services over a period of time. As inflation increases, the percentage of goods and services that can be purchased with the same amount of money decreases.
3)Reduced consumer confidence is another factor that can cause a recession. If consumers believe the economy is bad, they are less likely to spend money. Consumer confidence is psychological but can have a real impact on any economy.
Reduced real wages, another factor, refers to wages that have been adjusted for inflation. Falling real wages means that a worker's paycheck is not keeping up with inflation. The worker might be making the same amount of money, but his purchasing power has been reduced.
do you still think gej caused the recession?.
If those nouns managing our economy where adept in what the are doing,we wouldn't be in recession. This is as a result of failure on the part of this present administration and the labour unions.When buhari took too long to form his cabinet and define his economic blueprint, recession was breed between the uncertainty. This administration also compounded it by banning the import of goods we weren't self sufficient in hence,creating an artificial scarcity with its attendant rise in price(which happened in this case to be prodigious).This administration in both fed and state escalated it further by arbitrarily imposing taxes on the banking and telecom sector ,reducing the SME mans confidence in the bank(I hope to God the voice and call bill doesn't hold).The niger-delta militants then contributed their "economic expertise" by blowing up oil resources. The various labour unions remained mum instead of clamouring an increased in minimum wage and,that my friend is how we landed thus.Buhari should know that the way out of a recession is to spend (which he is doing but not enough).increase minimum wage so that a common man can afford a bag of rice or better still,he should reduce the salary of of executives and reduce taxes.

God bless u sir for this post. i keep saying it, it is the actions of this govt that is making us suffer like this. they said the last administration left an empty treasury. my question is, is 30 billion dollars not enough for this administration to have started something with it. under normal circumstances, if our economy was in better hands, the naira is supposed to be trading at 250 to a dollar irrespective of the fall in oil price. with all due respect to the office of the president, mr president is absolutely clueless about handling the economy of the nation, he doesn't care about how the masses are suffering. they said the oil susidy money will be reinjected into the economy, but nothing to show for it. and what is the govt doing currently to boost entrepreneurship in the country?. its unfortunate that we have a visionless, directionless, clueless, and absolutely blind president currently, whose major ambition was just to be elected president.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by miftaudeen(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
hmm Mr Akotileta
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by SycophanticGoat: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
idupaul:

Your Moniker is business ideas but ironically your business sense is very myopic..Please tell me what Job Fashola has done ..has he added a single megawatts he added on ground? As I speak there is nothing special happening in the power sector infact i still make do with about 6 hours of light on the best days ..And please Mr Businessideas can you tell me how the MTN fine has helped Nigeria ..for you info that fine did more damage to the economy than good ,it made many of the companies including MTN expatriates billions of dollars out of the country in the wake of the ridiculous fine and guess what MTN still did not pay the fine and instead sent President Zuma to request a negotiations which they ended reducing from 5 billion dollars to a paltry 180 billion naira to be paid over 5 years and guess what dull man its you and I that will pay that fine from phone calls ..try and open your mind bro

Omo!!! If na me them tell this one, I go deactivate my moniker, sell my phone, then take one cup of ota pia pia with 1 loaf of bread... shocked shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ToySoldier2: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

This man is very ambitious! You want to buy the whole of Nigeria? Itso puu puu
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by otokx(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pride goes before a fall, Where is Chief MKO Abiola today?

Alhaji Dangote should take heed lest while he thinks he standeth then he falls.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
I totally disagree with Dangote, the unbundling of Phcn that birthed the gencos and discos is an abysmal failure. If the assets were to be sold who is liquid enough to buy, if not Dangote and very few Nigerians. No body should sell our common patrimony to greedy capitalist to raise money. On the issue of getting money, the fed govt has raised almost 13.2 trillion naira from TSA, recovered loots, crude oil and customs. With a budget of 6.4 trillion or there about, we should have a surplus budget and absolutely no need to raise any fund either by borrowing or selling our assets.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by deLogo(m): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
yomalex:
Come sell am now undecided
let's start with selling police then other thing can follow
cool
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by mojisolasun: 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Businessideas:

I disagree sir.Truth is sacred and no amount of intimidation to stop us from putting the blame in the right quarters will stop us. How has blaming Jonathan stopped Fashola from getting the job done with electricity generation that has greatly improved, how come the blaming of GEJ didn't stop federal government building the trains, roads, paying salaries, getting MTN to pay the fine, arresting the economic saboteurs blowing our pipeline,curtailling Boko Haram like the last sallah we had no bombing,among the great job the current administration is doing?
Everywhere we turn is a sad obscene reminder of the locust years of GEJ. We and the current leaders will blame and blame the corrupt administration of GEJ,GEJ himself and his generation of corrupt political/military appointees. This is posterity judging them harshly and it will be a deterrent to others who may want to toe the dishonorable path of GEJ to remember that we will never forget their ills.It is in the interest of those killed by the corruption of the last GEJ administration that we hold GEJ accountable. Truth can not be hidden.
so you are one of those common sensical people that believed that there was no bombing on sallah day? you are good to go
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Standing5(m): 12:36am On Sep 18, 2016
rusher14:

The guy isn't as smart as I used to rate him. He is well below average. What is the use if Naira goes to N250 and then goes up to N800 with a short period? Govt just need to stop subsidizing dollar and let Niferians know the real worth of their beloved Naira.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by samsiko1(m): 4:05am On Sep 18, 2016
Becus he has completed his refinary.....hmmmmm
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Mayflowa(m): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2016
rusher14:

What are you doing with NLNG? You won't be needing Nlng by the time Nigeria is fully down. moreso, Nlng had been grossly effective. You can as well get up to $1 billion tax from Nlng yearly. So it's a win win situation
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Chudichu(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2016
Businessideas:
We ain't selling NLNG. Rather bring in more competitors like government is doing with the refineries. Dangote isn't a saint when it comes to how we got into this mess. He's among the major financier of the pdp and got returns on his investment even at the detriment of the nation.
Our primary reason for getting into this mess was because GEJ government stole the nation dry and made no investment or saved up for the rainy day.
Excellent view, the fact that the previous government did terribly with the huge excess billion of dollars and no investments or savings, has us in this mess. On Dangote being a "Saint" he's a business man and aligns with the side in power to grow his business, that's how it is everywhere. This government should not considered sell off an asset like the NLNG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / What Business Can One Start With N300,000? / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.