Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. (48811 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger / 800 Nigerians Sponsored By Dangote To Study Refinery Operations In India. PICS.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Chudichu(m): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2016
Byko899:
stubbornness!!!!! and you are dying, some people are really very sick, when people are dying out of hunger , some can not afford to go to hospital and has lost their life in the process,am not saying govt should sell off assets but his stubbornness is really the cause of all this and not JONTHAN ,his policies are all bad and he does not want to change them or invite the best hands to manage our economy, we have soludo, pat utomi ,okonjo iweala etc,this are people other developing countries consult ,why not make use of them
As a leader of a nation like Nigeria, stubbornness is a very important attribute. Why? you could as Margaret Thatcher. The former finances minister spoke of how State Governors pressured GEJ to spend and share money that was supposed to be saved for a time like this, but he bent over now he are struggling. Stubbornness or been strong willed is an attribute of a leader standing firm on what you believe in, there is a saying "If you do not stand for something, you did fall for everything".

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by davidif: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2016
My own suggestion before was that they should even sell 100 percent of NLNG. I don’t think government should be in any business of investing in sectors of LNG.

•Government should not be in the business of building factories, but just collecting taxes

Man, why didn't we appoint this guy as minister of finance?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by lastpage: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2016
idupaul:
Selling NLNG is a solution alright but one that will help the Federal govt in the short run and help Dangote and Co in the long run.

Since the Nigerian Govt have been selling its Assets, from NITEL, to Ajaokuta, to NEPA, e.t.c, What benefit has come to the "common citizens" in these fire-sales, apart from PAYING HIGHER PRICES FOR NON-EXISTING SERVICES while further enriching the same looters who loot our treasury to acquire these Assets at rock-bottom prices.

I am sure all the looters are already lining up to acquire the LNG, so launder their stolen wealth while Dangotte sef wants to use the opportunity of his "Mallam" to acquire it.

We have criminals ruling us since 1979, we know it and they know it.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by evy1(m): 8:00am On Sep 18, 2016
kushe:
If we dont starting producing as a nation, we are doomed. America and Theodore Roosevelt tried everything during the great depression but nothing worked then luck smiled at them when war broke out in the rest of the world. Germany, Russia, England and Japan were at war spending all their human and material resources to execute the war while America refused to join the war till Japan bombed Pearl Habour. It was the need to go to war that saved Americas economy as people got jobs in the defense industries that sprang up overnight and people who had held no jobs for close to a decade were suddenly drafted into the army. We need a miracle folks cos Russia, venezuela and Angola are all facing the same crisis but compared to us, what is Angola's population? We need what the second world war did for America.
So Singapore that has one of the greatest economy in the world,
Did there go through that same route?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by lastpage: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2016
kingmekus:
you were actually making sense,not until you brought up this your blame games it was then I realized you were actually empty.

Silliness of people like you is that once your hear GEJ's name mentioned, your brains goes into OVERDRIVE!

Even if someone told you that the Earth is bigger than the Sun, you will admit it as fact but if they just said GEJ did something, then you will start foaming in the mouth.

And to think that those of you rabidly defending the clueless clown did not benefit from his looting and mismanagment? angry angry
SMH

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by davidif: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2016
rusher14:
Just say you want to buy.

You want the NLNG be sold for 15 Billion Dollars that some people in government have in their back pocket?
Has it occurred to you how they got the money in the first place?

There are many times I agree with Dangote but this isn't one of them.

Why should the govt be involved in the energy industry the first place? Isn't there job just to collect taxes, regulate and to make sure everyone is following the rules?
In developed countries, govts (be it central, state or local) usually have no business getting involved in the oil business or controlling resources, they simply leave that to the free market.

Naija would be out of a recession if they too had there hands out of business like Natural gas (or oil) and leave it to private enterprise. Until we learn private property rights and the power of the free markets in this country, the country might not reach its potential. I have said it before and i would say it again, STATISM does not work. There is a reason why Nigeria and other African countries are poor and that's partly because statist policies in those countries that stifle innovation and job creation. If you think i am lying check out Nigeria's rank in the Economic Freedoms Index, you would see that Nigeria ranks #116 and they are wondering why Nigeria is still poor.
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

[size=14pt]stat·ism[/size]
ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs.

Example: Nigeria practices statism.
Another example: Statism has failed woefully in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by davidif: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2016
Businessideas:
We ain't selling NLNG. Rather bring in more competitors like government is doing with the refineries. Dangote isn't a saint when it comes to how we got into this mess. He's among the major financier of the pdp and got returns on his investment even at the detriment of the nation.
Our primary reason for getting into this mess was because GEJ government stole the nation dry and made no investment or saved up for the rainy day.

stat·ism
ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs.

Example: Nigeria practices statism.
Another example: Statism has failed woefully in Nigeria.

Dude, Dangote is right. The fed govt has noooooooooooo business getting involved in business like the energy industry. There job is to monitor, regulate and collect taxes. This (statism) is one of the things that has been holding Nigeria back for decade.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by badman007(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2016
We can do this guys... Whoever has stolen our funds, abeg this is the time to bring it out and safeguard the future of our children and generations yet unborn.

I'd hate to see a British, American or Chinese company codedly owning our assets. Say no to coded colonisation.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by badman007(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2016
ayobase:

Go read again.

He mentioned no individuals, but powerful country.

A potentially Powerful country selling off its powerful assets to powerful countries. Fantastic key to power! Clap for yourself.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by kingmekus(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2016
And I guess blaming him every time makes you feel better abi? Hope you won't blame him for your incapabilities to act like a man someday?? cos it really sucks that any slightest issue you bring Gej's name I think you should blame your father for not giving the life you so desire.. iranu
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ennecco: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
my opinion IT IS TIME FOR NIGERIA TO TELL BUHARI TO RESIGN .by fire by force
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by slendxy: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Businessideas:

I disagree sir.Truth is sacred and no amount of intimidation to stop us from putting the blame in the right quarters will stop us. How has blaming Jonathan stopped Fashola from getting the job done with electricity generation that has greatly improved, how come the blaming of GEJ didn't stop federal government building the trains, roads, paying salaries, getting MTN to pay the fine, arresting the economic saboteurs blowing our pipeline,curtailling Boko Haram like the last sallah we had no bombing,among the great job the current administration is doing?
Everywhere we turn is a sad obscene reminder of the locust years of GEJ. We and the current leaders will blame and blame the corrupt administration of GEJ,GEJ himself and his generation of corrupt political/military appointees. This is posterity judging them harshly and it will be a deterrent to others who may want to toe the dishonorable path of GEJ to remember that we will never forget their ills.It is in the interest of those killed by the corruption of the last GEJ administration that we hold GEJ accountable. Truth can not be hidden.
the blame game ain't working. This present administration wants us all to toe that line but it should be rejected by every progressive mind. How can you tell me that the last administration was very corrupt and that PDP is a very corrupt Party while most of the people from that "corrupt" party are enjoying immunity just because they defected to APC.
This administration have been lying to us, infact they got our votes through lies and in my place it is said that "a liar is worse than a thief". The fact that this administration is more vocal than the past one does not mean that there words is " a and amen".
I wonder why of all the past leaders, only GEJ is singled out for this blame game. Could it be that the others know what Buhari knows or they fight dirtier than GEJ and Buhari knows it?

I just want Buhari to move us forward chikina. I want him to appoint the best minds to turn things around for good in this country. GEJ is past tense.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by MrSly(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
idupaul:

Your Moniker is business ideas but ironically your business sense is very myopic..Please tell me what Job Fashola has done ..has he added a single megawatts he added on ground? As I speak there is nothing special happening in the power sector infact i still make do with about 6 hours of light on the best days ..And please Mr Business ideas can you tell me how the MTN fine has helped Nigeria ..for you info that fine did more damage to the economy than good ,it made many of the companies including MTN expatriates billions of dollars out of the country in the wake of the ridiculous fine and guess what MTN still did not pay the fine and instead sent President Zuma to request a negotiations which they ended reducing from 5 billion dollars to a paltry 180 billion naira to be paid over 5 years and guess what dull man its you and I that will pay that fine from phone calls ..try and open your mind bro
You are just intelligent. Don't mind the e-warrior. He is APC payroll and as rightly pointed out, he has myopia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Blue3k(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
dunkem21:
Why not lend the money to Nigeria and collect back with small interest to show patrotism

That's not patrotism that's stupid. Firstly government has no business running business. That should be left to market. Second you have seen them run business into ground and you're suggesting to throw them more in for them to waste.

This is how I know Nigerians are addicted to failure. Instead of adopting free market principles and privation of industry. People like you and millions other cry for same thing and expect different results. They failed in power generation NEPA, Failed at Telecom, failed in oil business, failed at infastrure and land management. Now you want people to throw more money in blind statist worship instead of trusting your own country men in business to run it profitably.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mockinbird:

Don't be a zombie forever, wake up!
Subsidy is intact.
Bubu is a curse.
Are you alright? when did observing happenings in this country become zombiism Plz don't ever class me with brainless people again unless u want shoponu and amadioha to consider your case
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by winnah(f): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
rusher14:
Just say you want to buy.

You want the NLNG be sold for 15 Billion Dollars that some people in government have in their back pocket?
Has it occurred to you how they got the money in the first place?

There are many times I agree with Dangote but this isn't one of them.
Take it o leave it I agree with him. He is right. It's all about th country to boost her reserve sell off those toxic asset. Then use the proceed to boost our foreign reserves.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by rusher14: 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
winnah:

Take it o leave it I agree with him. He is right. It's all about th country to boost her reserve sell off those toxic asset. Then use the proceed to boost our foreign reserves.

But is the NLNG a toxic asset?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ayobase(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
badman007:

A potentially Powerful country selling off its powerful assets to powerful countries. Fantastic key to power! Clap for yourself.

See this one.

I culled out to you the point you missed cos you refused to read and understand, and here you are ranting.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Khez: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
HE WOULD HAVE JUST TOLD US STRAIGHT UP TO SELL TO HIM

ONYE ARA , SINCE HE WANTS TO EVEN BUY US JOIN........
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by winnah(f): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
rusher14:

But is the NLNG a toxic asset?
I will say "yea" to an extent. "Ask me why" because it's not yielding to its purpose. What is toxic asset? It's an asset who's value has fallen significantly. Brother please let's be realistic, any firm, or establishment that is under the control of government is bound to fail or mismanagement most especially in our country Nigeria . It's way more better in the hands or control by the private entity. Use America as a reference point. We glamour that we have liquefied natural gas yet we haven't taped it to our best advantage. the government is incompetent to manage this sector so let it be run by the private. It just my own observation.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by rusher14: 12:05am On Sep 20, 2016
winnah:

I will say "yea" to an extent. "Ask me why" because it's not yielding to its purpose. What is toxic asset? It's an asset who's value has fallen significantly. Brother please let's be realistic, any firm, or establishment that is under the control of government is bound to fail or mismanagement most especially in our country Nigeria . It's way more better in the hands or control by the private entity. Use America as a reference point. We glamour that we have liquefied natural gas yet we haven't taped it to our best advantage. the government is incompetent to manage this sector so let it be run by the private. It just my own observation.

The NLNG has been one of our best performers hence the reason why a businessman such as Dangote realising the desperate situation of the country is already declaring interest albeit surreptitiously.

It is mostly managed by the JV partners.

The deals of sales are more straightforward and long term.

Dangote is simply trying to cash in on desperate times of the Nation rather desperate times for NLNG.

I can give him a few pointers to what he should be looking - the national stadium in Surulere might be of use to him after all, he once proclaimed his intention to buy arsenal football club yet another successful brand.

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by badman007(m): 2:16am On Sep 20, 2016
ayobase:

See this one.

I culled out to you the point you missed cos you refused to read and understand, and here you are ranting.

I refused to read and understand? That's the problem with the likes of you, you like to read and swallow everything hook line and sinker. I pray you'd grow up one day and learn to think for yourself and ask questions.

Mbok, would you sell your car to buy petrol?
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by ayobase(m): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2016
badman007:

I refused to read and understand? That's the problem with the likes of you, you like to read and swallow everything hook line and sinker. I pray you'd grow up one day and learn to think for yourself and ask questions.

Mbok, would you sell your car to buy petrol?

You don't need to misinterpret someone to satisfy your curiosity. The message is clear as Dangote related. He didn't mention only China.

Nevertheless, one looks more stupid when one fails to accept one's mistake, but covering it up.

I have given up you.

Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by DarkRed(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmm...this man wan use Nigeria blow. Damn. But at least it's Dan Gote.
Re: Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. by Boxer007(m): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
deLogo:
let's start with selling police then other thing can follow
cool

Hi babes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / What Business Can One Start With N300,000? / 10 Nigerian Multi-millionaires Never Heard Of........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.