Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis (6829 Views)

Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by Realmcfynest: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Just kike asking for forgiveness of sin is not necessary after you have given your life to Christ once

1 John 2:1-2 KJV
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by efficiencie(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
This once saved always saved nonsense is one of the reasons we have dysfunctional Christians everywhere! It is one of the reasons we have 1 Corinthians 3: 1-3 Christians everywhere. It is one of the reasons we have more Diotrephes-Christians in church. It is one of the reasons we have shows of godliness but outright denial of the power of God. It is one of the reasons we have babies in Christ and very few men in Christ. It is the reason Laodicean Churches are everywhere.

This once saved always saved balderdash is the result of people with itchy ears yearning to hear what will comfort them in their sins:

2Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Wasn't Demas a helper of Paul saved once? Yet he departed loving the affairs of this present world.

2Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

If it were not possible for people who were once saved to fall out of grace then why did the LORD have this verse put in the scripture:

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away , to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This is an unpardonable sin...This is a sin against the HolyGhost! When you become born again, mature in the spirit and received these listed below:

enlightenment;
taste of the heavenly gift;
partakers of the Holy Ghost;
tasted the good word of God and
tasted the powers of the world to come

and yet you fall , there shall be no more renewal unto repentance!

This verse signifies the possibility of a fall after being saved and mature in the spirit...

Another combination of scriptures that rubbishes this once-saved-always-saved doctrine are 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 and Galatians 5:19-21

There is a category of Christians, baby Christians, they are carnal and manifest the works of the flesh like those of I Corinthians 3:1-3, they are called babes in Christ. The old things of the flesh has not passed away for these Christians and these same old things of the flesh in baby Christians are recorded in Galatians 5:19-21 and in verse 21 it is clearly stated that these Christians if they fail to repent they will not inherit the kingdom of God and those who do not inherit the kingdom of God are cast out into utter darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth!

Brethren do not let these people fabricating crap in the name of doctrine deceive you! God hates sin. All sinners that do not repent and get renewed, whether you were born again or not, will have their place in the lake of fire and brimstone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:06am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 26, 2016
May the good Lord bless you. Your comment is the only sensible one on this thread.

Once saved always saved is thrash, unbiblical and a license to sin.
efficiencie:
This once saved always saved nonsense is one of the reasons we have dysfunctional Christians everywhere! It is one of the reasons we have 1 Corinthians 3: 1-3 Christians everywhere. It is one of the reasons we have more Diotrephes-Christians in church. It is one of the reasons we have shows of godliness but outright denial of the power of God. It is one of the reasons we have babies in Christ and very few men in Christ. It is the reason Laodicean Churches are everywhere.

This once saved always saved balderdash is the result of people with itchy ears yearning to hear what will comfort them in their sins:

2Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Wasn't Demas a helper of Paul saved once? Yet he departed loving the affairs of this present world.

2Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

If it were not possible for people who were once saved to fall out of grace then why did the LORD have this verse put in the scripture:

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away , to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This is an unpardonable sin...This is a sin against the HolyGhost! When you become born again, mature in the spirit and received these listed below:

enlightenment;
taste of the heavenly gift;
partakers of the Holy Ghost;
tasted the good word of God and
tasted the powers of the world to come

and yet you fall , there shall be no more renewal unto repentance!

This verse signifies the possibility of a fall after being saved and mature in the spirit...

Another combination of scriptures that rubbishes this once-saved-always-saved doctrine are 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 and Galatians 5:19-21

There is a category of Christians, baby Christians, they are carnal and manifest the works of the flesh like those of I Corinthians 3:1-3, they are called babes in Christ. The old things of the flesh has not passed away for these Christians and these same old things of the flesh in baby Christians are recorded in Galatians 5:19-21 and in verse 21 it is clearly stated that these Christians if they fail to repent they will not inherit the kingdom of God and those who do not inherit the kingdom of God are cast out into utter darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth!

Brethren do not let these people fabricating crap in the name of doctrine deceive you! God hates sin. All sinners that do not repent and get renewed, whether you were born again or not, will have their place in the lake of fire and brimstone!
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by efficiencie(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2016
jiggaz:
Just like you and your entire generation will burn in the lake of fire for eternity!! How dare you condemn a believer in Christ like me to Hell? Are you my God? I am sitted with Christ in Heavenly places above principalities and powers.... and no power of the enemy can come near me ...... because Christ in me is the hope of my glory!!!

As typical of a self righteous pharisee.... When last did you sin, Mr Hell Fire? You hypocrites are the problem we have in the Body of Christ... always quick to condemn BELIEVERS & UNBELIEVERS alike to Hell Fire..... You think you are righteous? Well wake up.... your righteousness is a filthy rag before God.... if not for Christ Jesus, humanity is doomed!!

As for Hebrews 6:4-7, learn to study the word in its context!! Context is key in everything!! The writer of Hebrews which i believe is Paul was talking to the Jewish believers who still go back to offer temple sacrifices after they have already believed in Christ..... Paul was telling them that they are crucifying Christ all over again !! Learn to rightly divide the word of Truth!!

As for Eternal security in Christ, there are soo many Scriptures that attest to that, most i cant remember now. But the easiest one is John 3:16!!! If you believe you can lose your salvation as a believer in Christ, thats your own cup of tea!! As for me and my household, we are saved FOREVER!!! No power can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus!! Not even you!!!!

All you SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITES & PHARISEES that always condemn Believers & Unbelievers to Hell Fire, you all stink!!!! You commit the worst sins in secret and come out to the open to condemn other believers with your I AM HOLIER THAN THOU attitude..... Y'all are soooooo pathetic!!!

Repent ( which means Change Your Mind ) and believe the good news that Christ has done it all!!

My brother, please do not be offended. I did not condemn you or any Christian to hell. I am simply saying that if a Christian or a sinner, whoever, fails to repent of their wrong doing or short comings they will face the judgment of the LORD on the that day when they shall be before the white throne. I am sure you agree with this or do you disagree? One more scripture will show you that once saved always saved is the doctrine of devils, is the verse:

Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This verse talks about Christians, so called Christians, who have been to pastoral school, who have anointing to perform miracles, who have mega churches due to great acts of God, who prophesy in the name of Christ, who cast out devils and bring deliverance to many, who have done baptism of all kinds, who have done great and mighty deeds in the name of Christ and are known by many to be Christians...yet Christ will say to them depart from me, ye that work iniquity . This means you can have a mega church and still be a worker of iniquity. You can perform mighty miracles and yet be a worker of iniquity. You can cast out demons and still be a worker of iniquity. You can attend pastoral school, prophetic school, baptismal school, deliverance school, ministerial school, gospel music school and evangelistic school and still be a worker of iniquity...Even Paul recognized this and said:

1Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul recognized that even though he is a mighty Apostle of God yet if he does not put his body under he will be a castaway .

My brother i am not condemning anyone because the scriptures has already condemned anyone who refuses to repent because it is written:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

My brother as i am talking to you i am a Christian but I am still battling with a bad habit and i tell you i pray that the LORD grants me strength to overcome it because i know if fail to overcome, condemnation and damnation awaits me! The word of the LORD is sure and the LORD is not a respecter of persons...So my brother if you have a weakness in your flesh, a sin lurking in your life, a shortcoming in your heart and a spot on your garment you had better pray to the LORD for mercy to destroy the root of weakness, sin, shortcoming and spots in your life and live sinless like the saint you are called to be.

The doctrine of once saved always saved is from the devil, concocted to make people comfortable in their sin and weaknesses
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:04am On Jan 02, 2018
Hey
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2018
Baa
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
Loook
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2021
Look
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2021
Now...
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Loook
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2021
Now
Re: What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Looook

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians, Learn How To Curse Your Enemies The Biblical Way. / Nigerian Style Prayer - Is It Effective? / The Historical Origin Of The English Word "God".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.