Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal (972 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Michelle Obama- I Belong To The Kitchen,the Living Room And The Other Room (pix) / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2016

In what appears to be a gale of presidential plagiarisms, President Muhammadu Buhari is enmeshed in a fresh plagiarism scandal that shows him stealing the famous “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” quote from the late Charles de Gaulle of France.

The quote, which was smuggled into President Buhari’s May 29, 2015 inauguration speech, received a lot of commendation from Nigerians across political and religious divides. The quote immediately went viral and was listed by the BBC as the best quote out of Africa for the year 2015.

Further checks have however revealed that just like Buhari plagiarized Obama’s 2008 victory speech, the “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” is original to Charles de Gaulle who said “I am a man who belongs to no-one and who belongs to everyone”, while addressing a press conference on May 19, 1958.

Charles de Gaulle was a French army officer and statesman. He was the leader of Free France (1940-44) and the head of the Provisional Government of the French Republic (1944–46). In 1958, he founded the Fifth Republic and was elected as the 18th President of France, a position he held until his resignation in 1969. He was the dominant figure of France during the Cold War and his memory continues to influence French politics.Meanwhile, President Buhari on Friday admitted that he stole some lines from Obama’s 2008 victory speech which were inserted into a speech he delivered last week at the official launch of Nigeria’s “Change Begins With Me” campaign.

A statement by the Nigerian presidency blamed the intellectual property theft on an “overzealous staff” and vowed tomete out disciplinary actions against the staff, an unnamed deputy director in Nigeria’s Federal Civil Service.

http://www.signalng.com/busted-buhari-stole-belong-nobody-quote-charles-de-gaulle/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
Okay.
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by agwom(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
change copy...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by KingsCity: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by chocolateme(f): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
So if Buhari doesn't have words of his own to relate with the masses, then what is he doing there at the presidential seat?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by madridguy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
Sai Baba continue giving them sleepless night grin na them go tire.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by chimoskyg(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
APC are not just Scammers, thy,r Hackers also grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by DeSignatures(f): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by BuhariNaWah: 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari don suffer
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
KingsCity:

Are you saying our president is a thief?
You can ask the source, not me.
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Justiyke4u: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Why is it coming up now
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Realist2: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
I am yet to see what buhari can do on his own perfectly , since he does not have anything upstairs, his aides are taking advantage of his NEPA BILL acumen , no wonder they are padding everything and he woudnt detect it. Naija in a wrong hand !.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by chefremy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
these guys dont know anything than to critisize themselves
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by UjGina: 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
dullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by gafadove(m): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Not again cry
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by Henrydone: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nothing special in that qoute.
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by dunkem21(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
cheesy No comment grin
Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by dumie(f): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
The intellectual thief! That is "KWARRAPSSION".. And to think feeble-minded people campaigned vigorously for this bad market..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by nototribalist: 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dullard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by gabazin080(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
i doubt there is anything buhari can do on his own.
na to dey copy and paste up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal by nollez: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pls Nigerians, it's a high time we stop complaining about Buhari. For God's sake what do you expect from an iliterate that can neither write nor read. Even after the speech has been written only for him to just read through the lines, he still can't read it for people to hear and understand what he is reading out to the public. A P C is a disappointment to this generation. Any tongue that rise against GEJ will live all his or her life a miserable one by the grace of GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

100 Achievements Of Dr. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso, Former Governor Of Kano State. / It Is 1st October : Where Is Ripob And Tripob / President Buhari In Crucial Meeting With Ministers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.