Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG (59696 Views)

UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Postivechange: 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
We need more people like Adeyeye in Nigeria. Those who will speak the truth and stand by the truth they have spoken. I stand with you on this matter.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Hotguy27: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
I will located this guy on Facebook and share this writeup. He is articulated and brave.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
lol
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by iDashNaira: 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
ANNOY:
sorry but who the Bleep has time to read all this bullshit.#ftc

We do. That is a Nigerian worth emulating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by mkoabiola: 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ds guy is brilliant,articulate and sound.

Am very sure he is a member on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Hardeysolution(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
When I look at the whole issue, I see a Kind of stupidity. The Bible said, be fast TO hearing and not to speaking. That's the problem. I need to know how rich his parents are. He just put the parents in unnecessary trouble. Who will praise his comradeship? Students that are receiving lectures? Did the other students stop going to school after being rusticated? Who cares about popularity? When you stand on your rights without using brain, you just destroy your life. If only you will go into journalism(with the intention of dying anytime), you will hardly see a company ready to employ people like this. He was too harsh in the use of words and that is capable of causing the problem.

Some are saying we need, we need someone Like him.. ..why can't it be them?

God will help you but there are better ways to tender petitions. And with better use of words.

Remember

When the hand of a child hasn't got the mantle, he can't ask for what killed his father__Yoruba proverb.

I rest my case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by wahabest(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is Nigeria. A place where people know the truth but never ready to listen to. The people appreciate lies and disconcur 'Truth'. I, Dada wahab believe what you did is the best and right thing to do. The consequence(s) are what you are experiencing now. In sha Allah , you shall overcome all and be successful in life.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Jabioro: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
If presidency can't venture into this matter,i hope minister of education should comes to look at it.At worst I expected APC leader wages into it.. because. he ( Adeyye Olorunfemi) had not said anything bad about them and school..all he was putting together was to remember them of positions in education and the society at large..
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by jozee8: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
2sexynet:
Your mindset is the very destruction of this country because you do nothing while being raaped!

When Rotimi Ameachi said" we steal because you do not stone us" he was referring you people like you which unfortunately makes up over 90% of the population in this country. How can we progress when cowards outnumber warriors in great proportion?

If anything good will happen in this country, If the government will take us serious, we need people with voice like the student described in that report, men who Stand for justice. Sadly, they gagged when it appeared that status quo is being threatened.

When Fela sang his song "we fear to fight for freedom, we fear to fight for justice, we no wan die, papa dey for house, mama dey for house,everyday na the same thing (suffering and smiling) every day na the same thing (suffering and smiling) suffer suffer for world..." he was forking referring to cowards, unfortunately these cowards make up over 80% of the population in this country.

He who run away from a fight will live to fight another day. You will be rapeed and so will your children because you refused to fight for justice!
tiri gbosaaa for you sir!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Aiziko: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
jerry447:
You are a disgrace to your generation
But he is right,if not what is the essence of going to school
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by mutvy: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
What UNILAG students should do now is to start an unending and strong series of protests for the reversal of the management decision. You see, this is why some activists are keeping quite over some situations in Nigeria.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by daryoor03(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nothing to fear the guy is truly a voice for the Unilag students
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by mutvy: 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
What UNILAG students should do now is to start an unending and strong series of protest for the reversal of the management decision. You see, this is why some activists are keeping quite over some situations in Nigeria.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
Obedient is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying - by this axiom I'm in no way advocating/supporting anyone to demand/expect servitude instead of loyalty from one's equals and subordinates alike, no.

The truth remains that the guy was self-conceited not smart. Wise people knows how to choose their battles. Only a foolish person would go to war and expects his adversary to treat him with kid glove.

As much as I admires maverick people of which I am one myself, yet it takes a mixture of diplomacy to always have your way as a masses advocate. He who lost a battle should never expect a heroic status.

If you're not an elected and recognized student leader, don't take over the fight of unionists to fight the authority in the institution. Even a unionist is expected to be tactical when prosecuting a war - you don't abuse personnel in the cause of a struggle. This is common sense.

To the "in a sane clime" bandwagoners, since most of you haven't crossed the shore of the country, please keep quiet.

8 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by kachris: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
This guy is a hero among Nigerian youths...

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by papae1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Kudos to this fellow.
I stand with you till the end
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by cassidy1996(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
2sexynet:
Your mindset is the very destruction of this country because you do nothing while being raaped!

When Rotimi Ameachi said" we steal because you do not stone us" he was referring you people like you which unfortunately makes up over 90% of the population in this country. How can we progress when cowards outnumber warriors in great proportion?

If anything good will happen in this country, If the government will take us serious, we need people with voice like the student described in that report, men who Stand for justice. Sadly, they gagged when it appeared that status quo is being threatened.

When Fela sang his song "we fear to fight for freedom, we fear to fight for justice, we no wan die, papa dey for house, mama dey for house,everyday na the same thing (suffering and smiling) every day na the same thing (suffering and smiling) suffer suffer for world..." he was forking referring to cowards, unfortunately these cowards make up over 80% of the population in this country.

He who run away from a fight will live to fight another day. You will be rapeed and so will your children because you refused to fight for justice!
GOD will bless you plenty (the man died who refused to speak in the time of tyranny - prof Wole )

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Unconditionalov: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
It's really a pity what common people pass through in this our great nation,they told us we are leaders of tomorrow,but they fail to show us example.how can we fight corruption when we do not have freedom of expression.
My brother God will always be there for you.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Xmen149(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
Choi!,.The force is strong with this one..future fani....where are our human right activists when you need them...failed country
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Dollarmerchant(f): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Well, In my opinion, he deserved to be rusticated. If you have loads of ignoramous, incompetent lecturers, then you are better off without them. Unilag has a lot of seasoned lectures I respect so much like Prof Duro Oni, I am a Uniben graduate, true not all lecturers are sound or competent, but to pen them all as incompetent ignoramous bunch, then you will be telling us that all graduates of Unilag are half baked products, From his write Prof of Economics not able to bring solution to our nation's Economic situation only points to a frustrated young man looking for who to blame. Is the professor the minister of finance. When ASUU complain of poor funding of the educational sector, we all blame ASUU for going on strike. In the days of real activism NANS would have marched to Abuja to demand more funding for school, but this govt spends more on Information ministry than it spends on Education and we expect salaried lecturers to perform magic. Please don't apologise for you don't see anything good in Unilag, therefore they only did you a favour with the rustication. The decay is a national issue not a Unilag issue alone...

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
O boy de there de rusticate yourself with Facebook protest but...

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Being an activist is a good thing, but insulting other people is a no no.
Calling Professors and doctors ignoramuses? I believe there are better ways of expressing oneself in this kind of situation.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Ravenna: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
The boy is neither a member of SUG or SRC, he's just plain stupid to insult the elders and he must be a basterrd Yoruba boy.
Meanwhile, after insulting em academics finish, he stil have the guts to end the article with "e bami nibe"
Who be i'm mate?
Even if the VC is a saint, he won't spare him for that last statement.
Even the dumbo NL mods won't hesitate to ban you if you aim such at the "Sire"- SEUN.
What happened to fairness and respect?!
The whole system sucks, the govt has been fhucking its citizens since AGES.
He should be made a scape goat to deter others from such foolery.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by kokumo1949: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Where are great administrators left behind by Prof. Omotola. Prof. Omotola was blocked on his way from an assignment under Abacha govt . A transformer was bad at New Hall by Aliyu Makama hall, Prof Omotola stayed for over four hours standing till repairs was completed. The generation of current University Administrators need to learn.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Haywhymido(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nonsense, this is so disgusting that i dont want to comment on it. The school authority fu*ked up sha. The student also fu*ked, he shdnt av mentioned names in his write up. He shd av just tackle the issue. However, the student is more on the right path dan the school authority. Everything is wrong in Nigeria. We cant keep heading this way in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by benzems(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Very far

far away
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by SweetJoystick(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
Eguaikide:
The young man actually wrote well, but calling the regime of Jonathan and his person a mistake killed his sense of reasoning and whatever moral he has left in him! From his write up its obvious his likes in the intellectual corrosion are the ones that put us in this terrible situation we've found ourselves in this country! If Jonathan is a mistake what are you going to call buhari If Jonathan is a mistake maybe in his intellectual capacity as someone who had passed through school would have rescued you from this plight of yours. Now in your own wisdom you've decided to put up your pen in writing without sampling the terrain of this tyrant in government, your mental imbalance couldn't tell you that you're writing a sensible missive to senseless leaders from top to the senate of your school! Now the only sensible mistake that could have rescued you has now become the past administration!
So you're on your own as you're now living in the midst of the greatest mistakes of your life!!!!
Cry me a river, GEJ was a mistake bitter truth
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Neolah(f): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Great move jhor...if he had not been direct and blunt in his post, this issue probably would not have been properly addressed....its his right....when you complain about the state and federal government and ignore the powers close to you, how much good will that do?? It takes courage to challenge wrong deeds by those in power especially in a government like ours.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by dawealthiestman(m): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is my two cents.... His intention was good BUT the approach was wrong.
The persons he mentioned in his post can even SUE... Yes ooo... Sue his black ass for LIBEL or DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Ravenna: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Cry me a river, GEJ was a mistake bitter truth
If GEJ govt was a mistake, it's far better than the cursed fulani basterrd cow of daura and it's APC cum disaster, recession and regret govt.
Being a zombie is hell
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by chukel(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
melanch:

lol I won't be raped neither my children. You talked about Fela, he was one out the millions that spoke out. You too can speak out, you don't need 80 percent of the coward population. I just gave you guys my perspective. Since Nigeria began, people has fought against the government but what were the outcomes. There's a difference between a social critic like you and a humanitarian, one just talks while the other improves lives. A better way to live a better life is to invest in yourself and improve other people's lives. Look for projects to do (no matter how little). The time you would use to criticise govt, you look for what you can do to help others you are better than. But if you think criticising on deaf ears will make the difference. All the best!
u must not comment. I really laughed at ur first comment. U took his statement literally. Ur shallowness is too deep.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Honadeadek(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Injury to one should be injury to all, the spirit of JawJaw Aluta should be encourage not the WarWar Aluta.
This guy expresses the decay in our educational system but the Senate refuses to address same but rusticate the boy.
Which way Nigeria?
Truly Nigeria we hail thee...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Agbami Scholarship Successful Candidate 2013 / Les Six Elements De La Communication / Professor's Nude Photos: UNILAG Releases Press Statement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.