Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

How to know a genuine babalawo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How to know a genuine babalawo (23354 Views)

Baddest Babalawo Ever Liveth: Photos Of This Babalawo Will Shock You / Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) / Yoruba Orisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2009
Somebody asked in Yoruba villlage south Carolina:

orisala (4 months ago) 0 Reply
one question i am from trinidad and we are having alot of bablawos from nigeria how would we to no which ones are genuine?

Yoruba Village In South Carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vs4RbNZD2w
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by posakosa(m): 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
you can/t
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2009
Na wa oh
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2009
aloy emeka go and tell them nah.

we all know Yoruba matter no dey gree you rest.

are you working with ezeagu?

1 Like

Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
tpia.:

aloy emeka go and tell them nah.

we all know Yoruba matter no dey gree you rest.

are you working with ezeagu?
Babooness
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I am the son of a Babooness
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2009
babooness with hiv
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I am the son of a babooness with hiv
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2009
Tpia, are you a tribalist, old baboon and babalawo at the same time?
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

my mama is a tribalist, old baboon and babalawo at the same time?
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by PON: 1:22am On Oct 11, 2009
just slap one babalawo then you will know which one is real.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 2:56am On Oct 11, 2009
What is supposed to happen after slapping him? wink
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by semid4lyfe(m): 5:48am On Oct 11, 2009
Some people sabi keep malice sha.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by biina: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2009
@topic
Sleep with his wife  shocked
If he is genuine, you should be en route to winning the gold medal in all-around men gymnastics (courtesy of magun aka thunderbolt!) grin

1 Like

Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by chrisical(m): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2009
No one is genuine
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2009
No babalawo is genuine?
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by posakosa(m): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
There are some REAL babalawo but i highly doubt if there are any abroad. You need to go to a village or one kind bush like that to find them. Most powerful ones are the ones who parents, grandparents and great grandparents have also practiced it.

1 Like

Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by mamagee6(f): 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2009
It's not possible.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by AloyEmeka6: 2:57am On Oct 13, 2009
posakosa:

There are some REAL babalawo but i highly doubt if there are any abroad. You need to go to a village or one kind bush like that to find them. Most powerful ones are the ones who parents, grandparents and great grandparents have also practiced it.

Becomerich said he is one. He exported few Kwara gods to Canada.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by abadaba(m): 2:11am On Jan 27, 2010
How to know a genuine Dibia or lawo.
He has to prepare protection charms for you. Then there has to be a test run of the charms on the Dibia. For example, ask him to wear the charms around his waist, then shoot him with a gun directly on his chest x3. If he survives it, then he is genuine.
Goodluck.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by aloyemeka2: 7:39am On Jan 27, 2010
abadaba:

How to know a genuine Dibia or lawo.
He has to prepare protection charms for you. Then there has to be a test run of the charms on the Dibia. For example, ask him to wear the charms around his waist, then shoot him with a gun directly on his chest x3. If he survives it, then he is genuine.
Goodluck.

[size=16pt]
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.
[/size]
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by abadaba(m): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Another way to know a genuine Dibia will be the example of a great Dibia in my home town.
This great Dibia does not travel by road, rail, air nor sea. To embark on a journey, he jumps inside a well at the back yard garden of his shrine. In an hour's time he resurfaces at his destination. I mean when he jumps inside a well the next place he will be seen is at Elelenwa. Assuming that is his destination. He died six years ago. But before then he was genuine to the core.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by aloyemeka2: 3:12am On Jan 29, 2010
abadaba:

Another way to know a genuine Dibia will be the example of a great Dibia in my home town.
This great Dibia does not travel by road, rail, air nor sea. To embark on a journey, he jumps inside a well at the back yard garden of his shrine. In an hour's time he resurfaces at his destination. I mean when he jumps inside a well the next place he will be seen is at Elelenwa. Assuming that is his destination. He died six years ago. But before then he was genuine to the core.

Why didn't he travel to America that way instead of queuing up at Eleke crescent for visa?
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by sjeezy8: 3:25am On Jan 29, 2010
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by sjeezy8: 3:59am On Jan 29, 2010
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 29, 2010

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by abadaba(m): 1:07am On Jan 30, 2010
GATORS
The men you posted their photographs here, are they genuine Dibias?.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by abadaba(m): 1:14am On Jan 30, 2010
EMEKA,
The Dibia I talked about his prowess here does not know what is a visa. If he wanted to visit the U.S, he would have done so without going through the visa process. He will just jump inside his well and the next place he will be sited will be in America.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by aloyemeka2: 2:06am On Jan 30, 2010
abadaba:

EMEKA,
The Dibia I talked about his prowess here does not know what is a visa. If he wanted to visit the U.S, he would have done so without going through the visa process. He will just jump inside his well and the next place he will be sited will be in America.

Why didn't he visit other planets through his spiritual medium and plant Nigeria's flag there like the Russians and Americans?. You no wan make your nation dey do big big things?. Why didn't they come yesterday and help us break down Ghana's defense spiritually?. Yeye

See am. While oyibo dey export technology and modern science, African man dey export obatala. Its a shame.
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 30, 2010
abadaba:

GATORS
The men you posted their photographs here, are they genuine Dibias?.
grin grin grin grin Ask sjeezy, I only reposted the pixz he did. But I'd think so, because sjeezy be babalawo's son, so he knows who the real onez are wink
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by aloyemeka2: 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2010
If Sjeezy's dad is a babalawo then he must be a very successful one because I never see babalawo wey fit afford school fees for Harvard law. wink wink
Re: How to know a genuine babalawo by abadaba(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

If Sjeezy's dad is a babalawo then he must be a very successful one because I never see babalawo wey fit afford school fees for Harvard law. wink wink
Sjeezy is from Lagos state. There are no genuine Dibias in Lagos state.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Weird Laws Around The World / Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! / Dallas Has Officially Declared October 7, 2023 As Yoruba Festival Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.