Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) (48475 Views)

NNPC Fuel Station On Fire At Adura Bus Stop Abeokuta Expressway (Photos) / Ambode Transforms Ojudu Berger, Set To Commission Segregated Bus Park Today / Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Dupson23: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
There's nothing you can do to please human being.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Samtob90(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
NgcoboP:
analyse your nation outta recession first
Don't derail from the topic

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Samtob90:

Don't derail from the topic
which topic?
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by moufan: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
wow!!! this is so impressive. kudos to ambode, the best governor in Nigeria by far

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Kazrem(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
A working Governor.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by spartan50(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Bro did you spew this? Lemme highlight some of the benefit of good infrastructure...

1. With good road there will be ease of movement and less traffic... The benefit is that It saves manpower, reduce fuel consumption and indirectly influence cheaper means of transportation.

2. Automobiles will be less likely to develop faults by plying the road unlike what is obtainable on a bad rood. This reduce money for maintainance and servicing.

3. Good road open avenue for business activities as every businessman/trader love to carry-out transaction in areas where it is easily accessible for their clients.

BRO, the benefits are many abeg...

Bros I commend the governor, but why hip praise on the governor for doing his job.. We all pay taxes if you dont I do. So I expect good roads, water and electricity from the government not when dey build road you go start to shout. My bro you have to understand it is your right! Regards
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by bigpastor(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
GMbuharii:
I must commend Ambode..
Who has seen another road at sadiku/ilasa/hassan area off oshodi apapa express way,under construction?

I haven't seen it ooo
Abeg snap it, like OP did na.
Sure no be Palasa phone you dey use!!

No doubt Ambode is WORKING
I'm proud of him.
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Thobiy(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Loyalblak007:
Our Governor Ambode is working
Naso, best governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by solla22: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
devilmaycry:
what is good about this news ? Tell me how this stuff has improved our economy?..or we are going to eat a fine road ? Or are we going to sleep on it ? If you know the amount of money going in for construction of road,u get this and start applauding like its not his job....we DNt want this change my brother...until this supposed fine road put Food on my table...am not celebrating it [/right]

When roads were not fixed.. you will complain.. Now they are being fixed you are complaining.
If you are frustrated with life just seek help.
There's no where in the developed world where infrastructure is starved because people like you cant think out of the box...

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by GMbuharii: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
bigpastor:

I haven't seen it ooo Abeg snap it, like OP did na. Sure no be Palasa phone you dey use!!
No doubt Ambode is WORKING I'm proud of him.
e be like say u need gudnite wkend slap grin grin
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by TerrorSquad147: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Alcatraz003:
I dont know why people are trying to show the benefits of the newly constructed lay out to an igbo man. The igbos are currently on war path with Nigeria and i wont be surprised if they get involved in Suicide bombings going by the exponential increase in their frustrations as the buhari administration trudges on.

Kindly let the igbos wail and gnash their teeth in peace biko!
why are you this stooopid?
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by thecember27: 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
NgcoboP:

its a waste of time... unless people's living conditions are transformed it will be like putting pigs on a white persian rug!

don't worry ambode would soon be bringing rice and meat to your table...

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by ba7man(m): 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
willibounce1:
This is nonsensical... the roads are bad... what is the essence of the diversion when we have huge pot holes on the main express that can cause serious accidents...

You will find pot holes on almost every Road in lagos, even on 3MB...I mean BIG pot holes.. people need to stop praising these politicians.. they are not doing anything special...they are just collecting free salary and stealing public funds
stop lying. I drive on that road every day and will still drive tomorrow.

The worst thing I experience is the expansion joints at a bridge point.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by lascopes(m): 12:20am On Sep 19, 2016
Proudly kosofe...doff my hat for u baba

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by truthspeaks: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2016
Wat has tribe got to do wit dis thread
Alcatraz003:
I dont know why people are trying to show the benefits of the newly constructed lay out to an igbo man. The igbos are currently on war path with Nigeria and i wont be surprised if they get involved in Suicide bombings going by the exponential increase in their frustrations as the buhari administration trudges on.

Kindly let the igbos wail and gnash their teeth in peace biko!
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by bareal(m): 5:19am On Sep 19, 2016
rusher14:

You are right.

The artisans involved were Americans.

The cement used was brought from Pakistan.

Even the quantity surveyors were from Albania.

I don't know why No single Nigerian was involved in this project.

To make things worse, the sidewalks are only utilised by Mongolians.

This is of no benefit to us.

We should destroy it.

That guy will never understand this, he's too simple minded!

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2016
thecember27:

don't worry ambode would soon be bringing rice and meat to your table...
am not responsible for ur deliberate questionable understanding capability
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by deen4real7902: 6:10am On Sep 19, 2016
devilmaycry:
what is good about this news ? Tell me how this stuff has improved our economy?..or we are going to eat a fine road ? Or are we going to sleep on it ? If you know the amount of money going in for construction of road,u get this and start applauding like its not his job....we DNt want this change my brother...until this supposed fine road put Food on my table...am not celebrating it [/right]

You are soooo daft

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by tunedey01: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2016
i think Ambode is focusing more on mainland than island
Fashola focus on island most
Ambode focus on mainland most
which means after Ambode 8 years
the next gov will just maintain their work and develop the remaining part
other state should learn from the way Lagos is been govern
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Omonigeriarere: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
[s]
devilmaycry:
[/s]

I don't blame you because you may be one of those sitting down in their hamlets typing anything their finger wishes just to satisfy their idleness.

We are talking of ameliorating a road whereby the users spend 4-6 hours inside traffic gridlock instead of 20 minutes and you are talking as if someone dashed you with a gift of 10MB which you must just used up within a minute. If you are working in VI but living in Mainland as majority of Lagosians does, you will understand what I am saying better.
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Goke7: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
spartan50:

Bros I commend the governor, but why hip praise on the governor for doing his job.. We all pay taxes if you dont I do. So I expect good roads, water and electricity from the government not when dey build road you go start to shout. My bro you have to understand it is your right! Regards

The innovations is what guys are praising ambode for, the alapere bstop [includes a new lane for those going into alpere to dvert into]in addition to the lay-bys ones at the foot of third mainland bridge at iyana oworo are what will reduce traffic on the thrid mainland bridge- 7-up ibadan exp road corridor. Great innovations should be applauded. its not mere road constructions that is happening here.
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Goke7: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
seguntijan:
All over Lagos, construction work is going on, either roads are being built or resurfaced, or drainage are being constructed, or street lights erected. They are not giving any excuse that they are waiting for the rains to stop before they can start road construction. An excuse that has found a home in the eastern part of the country.The governors are perpetually waiting for the rains to stop......
Infact flying into Lagos at nights now present a pleasant picture of a city that is quite illuminated such that you can see the streets from up there. It was not like this before. Almost every major road in Lagos is now illuminated with street lamps such that you can conveniently drive from Lekki to Ikeja without your car headlamps.
Moreso, the Lagos Light Rail project is still ongoing, the erection of the heavy piers for the bridge has got to CMS, and the Chinese firm CCECC is actively on site. Looking at the snaking bridge from Iganmu down to Ijora-Olopa has added to the beauty of the Lagos skyline. Iconic scenery......
Does this mean that there is no corruption, nepotism and all the other negative isms? No. Inspite of those,they are working.
They are planning for two deep seaports in Badagry and Epe axis. An international airport in Lekki Free trade zone. If Lagos is a country, it would be Africa's sixth largest economy, bigger than Ghana and Kenya. If Lagos was a country, it won't be in a recession.
According to a McKinsey Report released yesterday, massive urbanisation will lead Africa's next phase of economic growth. Innovative leaders are already planning with this in mind. Africa is poor, and poverty is an opportunity because it provides a huge headroom for growth.
No other state in Nigeria, not even the federal government is concerned about urban renewal as Lagos State. Two years ago, the State won an award for increasing its green vegetation cover by over 65%. Those who were busy asking Fashola " na flowers and trees we go chop"? do not know the health implications of growing more green canopy across the State.
What am I saying....
Lagos is already working towards weaning the State from dependence on federation allocation and oil money. Infact, a policy is already in place to reduce dependence on oil revenue from the federal government to 20% by 2018, and 10% by 2020.Lagos can afford to run without any shishi from Abuja.
How many states are thinking in this direction?
True continuity....
I support true continuity where there is unity of purpose. Starting from Tinubu in 1999 who in 2003 launched what we have today as Lagos Development Master-plan, which Fashola followed and expanded on, and now Ambode is religiously implementing. Continuity is not just having one political party in power for 16 years. Continuity is having people who buy into an idea follow it through without deviating, or trying to bring in their own.
The People's Democratic Party(PDP) was in power at the federal level from 1999 to 2015. Yet we cant call that continuity. Obasanjo came up with the NEEDS document, a development gospel that if well implemented could take Nigeria to el dorado. But what did Yar Adua do, he set the NEEDS aside, and came up with his own 7-Points Agenda. He even stopped works on the power rehabilitation, railways etc etc. When Jonathan came, he launched his own template called Transformation Agenda which re-incorporated the power road-map, and also rail infrastructure.
In essence, the same political party can be in power for 20 years, yet the full impact will be lackadaisical at most. If you doubt me, check some states that have had same political party holding sway since 1999.
Lagos is working, even in a recession.
The federal government has a lot to learn from Lagos State.

Well said. This is where some of us are pained with PMB and FG, the guys working wonders in Lagos are in your party, yet you choose to ignore them and behave as if they do not exist all in the name of taming one man. Lagos is no where near recession with the amount of projects ongoing, I wonder at times, if its the same naira or currency the folks in abuja and Lagos are using. Something is wrong somewhere in Abuja and its an irony that the folks in Abuja and Lagos belong to the same political party
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Goke7: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
onatisi:
This guy is performing wonders in Lagos state. How come he belongs to the dullards' party amazes me ,he has proven himself to be distinct among his other party governors. Well-done ambode, you are truly the leader of the pack.

Just shows the so called dullards' party according to you guys are not dull and bad as you guys think. Truly like you, some of us are amazed but we know what the issues are and we only pray that in the future as Nigerians we begin to focus on one another strengths instead of our weaknesses. We will move and develop faster than we think by then.
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by Goke7: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
mpowa:
When I listened to Femi Adesina on radio, all I here is vague promises and long list of reasons why things aren't working, but when I listened Steve Ayorinde, the Lagos state speaker, I was filled with hope and had a lot of expectation, they even have a plan for Lagos to generate constant power, if fg gives go ahead.if the capacity in Lagos can be transferred to the fg, we'll be out of recession in no time. But I guess the fg is another kettle of fish, too many complexities, tribalism, religion, too many leaders, too many vested interests, incompetencies - Lagos is not perfect, but it's moving forward, wish fg could follow suite.

Lagos is surely an example of what the FG should be doing, its high time, the think-tank of the Lagos state govt begins to work for the FG on part time basis. Folks handling the 5th or 6th largest African economy must be doing something right and the evidence which is there for all to see cannot be faulted.
Re: Ambode Transforms Ketu-Alapere Expressway (Photos) by thecember27: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
NgcoboP:

am not responsible for ur deliberate questionable understanding capability

if they share rice, you complain they don't provide social amenities, they provide social amenities you still complain they don't put food on your table.
I wonder you people reason, logical reasoning distant from you.
don't you know the contractors, the suppliers, artisans were paid for their work and they are been paid, the money paid to them is used to provide food for them and their family.
seriously been a while is a dumb job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria / Happy 89th Birthday To General Gowon. See This 50-Year Throwback Newspaper / Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.