Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? (8143 Views)

Third Mainland Suicide: The Woman At The Center Of The Story Speaks Out (Video) / When Robbers Attack You At ATM, Checkout This Escape Route / Kidnappers Abandon Victim As Truck Driver Blocks Their Escape Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
Great topic while living in the states I had two friends I was close to commit suicide no words can describe the pain and wishing they reached out but one thing I will say is If you have the opportunity in life to be a friend or a guide to anyone wether your related or intimate it doesn't matter it counts. Some people really go through a lot alone and worse off they might never share but smile.

To be honest there is more hate than love in society and it drives division. There's no privilege it's Gods Grace to be alive make it worthwhile no matter what no be here better enjoyment dey sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by sirusX(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Even if they do erect a sign, it might not change the outcome of the issues we have in our country sad

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Zirah: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wise words.

DanXplore:
Op, as one who has battled and overcame depression, i can confidently tell u that it is fallacious and grossly erroneous to think that sucidal persons are cowards. They are overwhelmed by emotional pain greater than their bearing capacity. Just like different materials have different breaking points when subjected to the same stress-load, so are people's mental stabilities. Once this equilibrium is lost, the breeding ground for suicide is cultivated and the evidence for this imbalance is mood swing. Op, when your spirit is truely broken, nothing in this life will seem to matter. Strength will only come when a superior source of strength comes to restore or enforce a new equilibrium.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by hedonistic: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Death is the final solution to all of one's problems, not only emotional problems. Suicide is just a means to that end (death), not an end in itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Zirah: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
Too late. Those are words from an already foolish person.

Suspect33:
dont be a foolish idiot, you think life is fair to everyone
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sucide will continue to be on the rise, because people are forgetting the true value of life and living.
In a sowwhere material things and animals take precedence over humans, what do you expect.

Fake pastors and atheists(nihilist) kudos to you guys. undecided

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Prece(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
its hard very very hard,theirs this girl i love so much did everything for her and in return she told me she love me too but she cant just leave her boyfrirnd tho he disvirgined her and always treat her bad.Sometimes life can be so meaningless.Dont even know what to do
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
DanXplore:
Op, as one who has battled and overcame depression, i can confidently tell u that it is fallacious and grossly erroneous to think that sucidal persons are cowards. They are overwhelmed by emotional pain greater than their bearing capacity. Just like different materials have different breaking points when subjected to the same stress-load, so are people's mental stabilities. Once this equilibrium is lost, the breeding ground for suicide is cultivated and the evidence for this imbalance is mood swing. Op, when your spirit is truely broken, nothing in this life will seem to matter. Strength will only come when a superior source of strength comes to restore or enforce a new equilibrium.
People who haven't suffered depression have no business providing solutions. I've struggled with depression for 9years, and every single day is a struggle. Even with medication, depression isn't a cakewalk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Sultty(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
Suicide is never a way out. I want to use this medium to reach out to anybody going through a pretty though situation may u get d needed help before its too late

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by ElsonMorali: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Suicide isn't exactly an escape route.

Whatever problems you are facing is meant to teach you a particular lesson.

You're supposed to learn a lesson of life by overcoming that problem.

When you do, you move on to the next rung in the ladder of life.

If you commit suicide, you're coming back to learn that lesson still through reincarnation. Like repeating a class.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by ElsonMorali: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
hedonistic:
Death is the final solution to all of one's problems, not only emotional problems. Suicide is just a means to that end (death), not an end in itself.

You should understand that death is not the end of life, but only the beginning.

What's to say that your problems don't follow you to the other realm when you kill yourself? undecided
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by ElsonMorali: 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Sucide will continue to be on the rise, because people are forgetting the true value of life and living.
In a sowwhere material things and animals take precedence over humans, what do you expect.

Fake pastors and atheists(nihilist) kudos to you guys. undecided

More people are experiencing depression because of the use of the various social media tools available.

Before now, nobody knew to details what the other person was doing per se. But now, you only need to log on to Facebook, Instagram, and the likes to see your childhood friends, or your secondary school playmates, or maybe your class mates in the university posting various pics of themselves living large and travelling from country to country while you're still holed up in your village maybe considering farming or something.

If only people will remember that they need to face their lives and keep their noses out of other people's business...
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
One of the key word in the passage is self love the greatest love you can't claim to love others when you don't love yourself and if you deeply love yourself suicide will always be kept at arms lengths

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by olawapaxy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
wink
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Classickid(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Suspect33:

No matter how unfair life is to you, never give up. And, that spirit makes you a conqueror over your problems. Those who give up in life because of life circumstances and challenges are nothing but cowards who couldn't face their nightmares in the eye and spits on it.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Frankmiles: 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Prece:
its hard very very hard,theirs this girl i love so much did everything for her and in return she told me she love me too but she cant just leave her boyfrirnd tho he disvirgined her and always treat her bad.Sometimes life can be so meaningless.Dont even know what to do
Prece:
Prece:
Being taken for granted is the worst thing to happen to anyone.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by killsmith(f): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lol.... Look at people talking anyhow.....

I clap for people who commit suicide.... Because it's the hardest thing to do.... .

Take it or leave it.... Suicide is a permanent solution to your problems
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Tiredoffakeshit: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
"I cry at times I once contemplated suicide, and woulda' tried but when I held that 9, all I could see was my mama's eyes. No one knows my struggle, they only see the trouble"

2Pac - Thugz Mansion
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by nnadychuks(m): 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Suspect33:
if your life is not fair why haven't you committed suicide yet? Foolish brave idiot
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Austindumas1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
depression isn't something I would wish on my enemy, I'm going through it presently, no will to live, everyday is a deep struggle, definitely one day I won't be here anymore,it will be bliss to experience happiness that had seem elusive..
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by pearlforlady(f): 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
DanXplore:
well said! it is well

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Donvilo(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Austindumas1:
depression isn't something I would wish on my enemy, I'm going through it presently, no will to live, everyday is a deep struggle, definitely one day I won't be here anymore,it will be bliss to experience happiness that had seem elusive..

I understand how you feel broda. I know where you're coming from. I have been there before, believe me. You will go through it eventually. It won't be long before you come out of it, victorious than ever. I care but Jesus cares even more than I do. Take heart bro, you are more stronger than you ever thought in christ
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Suspect33(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
nnadychuks:
if your life is not fair why haven't you committed suicide yet? Foolish brave idiot
no doubt, you are a brain dead idiot, i aint got ur time
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by bankymoon16(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
Informative piece sir

1 Like

Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by nnadychuks(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
Suspect33:
no doubt, you are a brain dead idiot, i aint got ur time
you don't have my time and you won't mind your business. Overbloated Cunt
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by naija2(f): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
Most people see life as a game. In a game, while playing and you know everything starts getting confusing and you might not get the reward at the end, you start again until you get to the finish point and get the reward you deserve. At a point those under depression see life that way and the only way to start again just like a game is to die. Suicide is seen as a way to start the game over again and avoid all the mistakes made. Different theories are up about when you die. Some say you go for judgment and some say you start your life again as a new individual and that's why you have deja vu most of the time during your present life. The deja vu are there reminding you that you have done this perticular thing before or this situation has presented itself before. Those in depression hold on to this particular point and wish to start over again. The possible way they can do this now is to commit suicide. The major thing that pushes this people to the edge is mostly the people around them, they not noticing the symptoms this person has or out of ignorance, saying things that pushes the person deeper into this stage and at this point,the individual start feeling that life is truely not worth living. Those that have not experience depression before should not in anyway think they understand what this person is going through. Watch what you say at all time to those around you because you don't know who at that moment is going through some serious issue. Those issues to you might b a little thing but to the person, it is giant to them. Sucked is truely. It the way but it is the last symptom to depression. We should just try to know this symptoms and watch those around us. We all get better just by hearing the right words.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:06am On Apr 14, 2017
DanXplore:
Op, as one who had battled and overcame depression, i can confidently tell u that it is fallacious and grossly erroneous to think that sucidal persons are cowards. They are overwhelmed by emotional pain greater than their bearing capacity. Just like different materials have different breaking points when subjected to the same stress-load, so are people's mental stabilities. Once this equilibrium is lost, the breeding ground for suicide is cultivated and the evidence for this imbalance is mood swing. Op, when your spirit is truely broken, nothing in this life will seem to matter. Strength will only come when a superior source of strength comes to restore or enforce a new equilibrium.

Dear friend, what does the term "coward" denote? One that is deficient of courage and needlessly gives in when a challenge springs up. This is exemplified in persons that opt for suicide (they run away) when life at some point frowns at them, hence their reference as cowards. This is indicative of what is and no fallacy! In fact, it is fallacious to assert that the said is a fallacy. More so, how certain are you that I've never been depressed? Are you me? Isn't it an error in reasoning to make such a hasty conclusion? Be the judge.

However, I still maintain that there is no necessary link between depression and suicide. The human person is no material or object; both are intrinsically different, so your analogy is misplaced. Not all depressed persons considered or committed suicide! Even when sucidal thoughts creep in, it must be kept at bay and hindered from translating to action. In times when life seems meaningless and despair holds sway, one can still find meaning if one looks in the direction of God Almighty and self-love for a second. Resorting to suicide portrays a very low self-esteem. Come to think of it, would considering or carrying out a suicidal action really remedy those problems confronting one? If it wouldn't, then it is unreasonable to kill oneself. The coward flees in the face of battle, whereas the gallant exhibits courage and remains optimistic as the fray continues. And history has success stories like Ben Carson, for instance, who rose from depression to a neurosurgeon par excellence. Therefore, depression is no excuse.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:23am On Apr 14, 2017
naija2:
Most people see life as a game. In a game, while playing and you know everything starts getting confusing and you might not get the reward at the end, you start again until you get to the finish point and get the reward you deserve. At a point those under depression see life that way and the only way to start again just like a game is to die. Suicide is seen as a way to start the game over again and avoid all the mistakes made. Different theories are up about when you die. Some say you go for judgment and some say you start your life again as a new individual and that's why you have deja vu most of the time during your present life. The deja vu are there reminding you that you have done this perticular thing before or this situation has presented itself before. Those in depression hold on to this particular point and wish to start over again. The possible way they can do this now is to commit suicide. The major thing that pushes this people to the edge is mostly the people around them, they not noticing the symptoms this person has or out of ignorance, saying things that pushes the person deeper into this stage and at this point,the individual start feeling that life is truely not worth living. Those that have not experience depression before should not in anyway think they understand what this person is going through. Watch what you say at all time to those around you because you don't know who at that moment is going through some serious issue. Those issues to you might b a little thing but to the person, it is giant to them. Sucked is truely. It the way but it is the last symptom to depression. We should just try to know this symptoms and watch those around us. We all get better just by hearing the right words.

Dear friend, it is true that depression is an unpleasant experience but seeing suicide as an escape route or way out is self-deception. The idea that it heralds a new beginning for the depressed is a hallucination, illusion, a supposition that is far from reality. How can that be substantiated? On what grounds does that happen? Moreover, taking one's life is a sign of disrepect to God Almighty, who gifted one life, so heaven is to a great extent out of the picture. Suicide signals an end to human existence and no fresh start. Rather than embracing the rope, be persistent and optimistic, and make efforts to better that situation. Depression can be an incentive to progression.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:26am On Apr 14, 2017
pearlforlady:

well said! it is well

Well said? Think again! Read my reply above.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:31am On Apr 14, 2017
Austindumas1:

My brother, the key is remain positive and optimistic. Believe that your predicament is not the end of the story, and you will find out that it isn't. Have a heart to heart talk with God, and ask for grace to overcome. It works like magic! Such situations arise to strengthen us, make us more solid and able to successfully journey through life.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:43am On Apr 14, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Suicide isn't exactly an escape route.

Whatever problems you are facing is meant to teach you a particular lesson.

You're supposed to learn a lesson of life by overcoming that problem.

When you do, you move on to the next rung in the ladder of life.

If you commit suicide, you're coming back to learn that lesson still through reincarnation. Like repeating a class.

I concur to your all that you stated except your last sentence. What if there is no reincarnation? It would mean that the person involved in suicide is a coward. And what if there is reincarnation? Such a person would still remain a coward because he side-stepped life's critical exam. Either way, suicide is devoid of positivity.
Re: Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:59am On Apr 14, 2017
Gwan2:
Op though I applaud your intention of creating a topic as such, without any pinch of salt I will say it is quite shallow as it lacks any convincing reason to change the mind of a person about to commit suicide reading it.
Sometimes I wish I could go back to my school days to relive those periods I was so oblivious about economy challenges, periods I never bothered about how to get my meals because i know its someones responsibility, periods i knew my only work was to read and pass my exams. Ironically, I will only change just some few decisions I made if i had to relive my past years....
I give advice and encourage to anybody at any given opportunity, we as living beings have similar as well as different attributes, everyone have a level of shock he can contain., The only thing that can at-least keep him going when his innate fire is extinguish is encouragement from someone, hope insight or testimony from someone that had gone through similar circumstance.....that is why we should never pass up opportunities to encourage anyone at any given time....It could be life saving.
During my trying times, I tried virtually everything I could to no avail. I had to move from my base back to my father's house to stay under his roof again, what I had dreaded all my life. In-fact he was literally feeding me, giving me transport, buying toothpaste for me. I had no money, thought overwhelming me, pictures of my death mum who die during my nysc year staring me on my face because i knew she could had help me out, pictures of all my years of commitments and determination to become successful starring and laughing at me, intense feelings of despondency...thoughts of suicide...but I know I cant do it because of my family that had also gone through difficulties , cant compound their woes..the only son . The FEELINGS of pity for me was palpable on my father's face, friends and contemporaries having blissful careers, celebrating marriages, house warming parties and there i was still spoon fed. Dont get it twisted, i wasn't just sitting at home, during those periods I had traveled the length and breath of Nigeria, from Sokoto to lagos to kogi to edo etc trying my hand on all sort of legal things. At one time i resulted to smoking, drinking and even church for console. My brother is a long story, the idea is to make you know that a suicidal person might be well educated and enlightened than you could think.
I always advice people to try and discover their purpose for life, the day you discovered your purpose is the day you start living actually. For some people it takes days, for some it takes months, some it takes years while for some, they might never discover their purpose till they die. Once you dont discover your purpose most part of life will be frustrating and stressful, just like fixing a square peg in a round hole.

Dear friend, I appreciate your commendation but remain sceptical of your assertion that the write-up is bereft of any convincing reason for one not to commit suicide. Recall that I pointed out self-love and how practising it checkmates suicidal impulses. In fact, you underscored its importance when you harped on the need for individual purpose discovery and the extent it impedes suicide. How can one discover his or her purpose if there is no prior high esteem of the self? So you see, your refutation shoots you in the foot. You're welcome.

Meanwhile, I strongly agree with you on discovering purpose. If one discerns it, the thought of suicide no matter the circumstance would be foolishness. How can one abort his whole life mission because of a setback? That is indeed cowardice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pervert Man Presses Lady’s Ass In Lagos Public Bus. Watch Video / Breaking News: Chadian Soldiers Killed Abubakar Shekau Boko Haram Leader / Reverend father sleep with blackaxe man wife then this happens - GRAPHIC CONTENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.