Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele (16606 Views)

Rising Influence Of Fintech Big Threat To Banks, Says Emefiele / Nigeria Trade Balance Turns Positive In Q4 As Exports Jump / Nigeria’ll Begin Rice Export Next Year, Says CBN (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by otukpo(f): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2016
We are waiting.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by tim1256(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2016
If bringing external bodies will save our dear Nigeria. Let someone tell uncle Buhari to act on that on time biko

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by mercyviv(f): 7:08am On Sep 19, 2016
Thank God o
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by EmperorTayo1864(m): 7:08am On Sep 19, 2016
kaen1317:
Meaning the price of rice, garri, beansand other essentials will all come down in the 4th quarter abi?
u know,price of kerosene is coming down little by little...
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by incrediboooh(m): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2016
Actually..I believe we'll get over it someday cry...#God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by buchilino(m): 7:11am On Sep 19, 2016
ECONOMICS WAS ONE SUBJECT I HATED IN SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT EVEN A LAYMAN LIKE ME NOS DAT D CBN GOVERNOR IS TALKING CRAP. DIS IS NOT A HARRY POTTER MOVIE, U WAVE A MAGIC WAND N D ECONOMY IS BACK IN BUSINESS. ANYWAY MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING THEY NO, DAT I DON'T. BUT I WILL TAKE WATEVA COMES FROM DIS GOVT WITH A PINCH OF SALT. CHIBOK GALS COMES 2 MIND.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by uboma(m): 7:14am On Sep 19, 2016
Davash222:
"... The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin
Emefiele, has predicted that the nation’s economy will likely come
out of recession by the fourth quarter of this year when the result
of the various measures put in place by the Federal Government
and the monetary authorities becomes manifest."

Will likely come out

They are guessing, they are not even sure sef.

Besides, are we not already in the fourth quarter of the year

Believe this nonsense, you can as well believe a fish riding a bike.

the fourth quarter of the year begins from October to December.

I still don't believe Emefiele though.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Melinde: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2016
This lacks certainty... He only predicted

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by godunia(m): 7:15am On Sep 19, 2016
What business does this guy have been a CBN Governor? Another mistake inherited by this administration.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by uboma(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2016
The current CBN governor should please keep quiet.
They have deceived us enough with the trial and error approach.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Profnedu(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2016
another lie to start d week

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by nototribalist: 7:19am On Sep 19, 2016

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by uvalued(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2016

The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, has predicted that the nation’s economy will likely come out of recession by the fourth quarter of this year when the result of the various measures put in place by the Federal Government and the monetary authorities becomes manifest.

One of such measures, according to him, is the decision of the CBN to establish a bridge fund for the government to utilise to stimulate the economy whenever there is a need for it.

He alluded to the release of another batch of N350bn by the Ministry of Finance to stimulate the economy as another measure taken by the government to get the nation out of recession.

Another way to inject liquidity into the system, according to the CBN governor, is for the Federal Government to sell some of its assets in the oil and gas industry in order to raise money.

Another measure being considered by the Federal Government, according to him, is the shortening of the procurement process in order to accelerate the process of executing capital projects in view of the fact that the budget was not passed until May.

me i no noo wetin all this means, maka wait for december and praying for improvement
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by lamuyesurdic(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2016
Mr. Godwin...U dnt have to continue deceiving us..none of u will say a negative words when being interviewed....u wil just be saying a positive words to nigerian without seeing any impart of ur postive words....God is watch ur mouth as u ar deceiving nigerian with ur positive word to give us an actionless hopes

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2016
How many days before we enter Q4?

Hmmmmm.

CBN and lie lie

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by SycophanticGoat: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2016
Davash222:

Will likely come out

Like the guy below right?? grin cheesy

madridguy:
This is a good news to start the day with. Good morning to you all.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Bizibi(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Like the guy below right?? grin cheesy

that one will believe anything.....

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by mesoprogress(m): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2016
When will these guys stop lying to Nigerians?

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Emeka71(m): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2016
I pray.
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Spidermon: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Just like when Guyman dey scope babe.

Osinbajo said we would see real change by 2018.

Kemi Addosun also said some BS I cant remember now.

Emefiele don come with him own. Q4 that begins next month. Issokay

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by onyxo76(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2016
I pray so, bought an apple for 150 naira yesterday. I'm even scared as I go to buy tires for my car today
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by SycophanticGoat: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2016
siraj1402:
Assuming PDP is still rulling and oil price crashed from $140/barrel to $40/barrel...then Dasuki keeps on distributing arms' funds to Bafarawas,Metus etc...Boko Haram keeps on occupying more LGAs in the northeast...Patience still saves millions of dollars in her multiple accounts...soldiers keep on running away from the battlefield...Asari keeps on receiving millions of dollars for guarding oil pipes...Ayo's private jet is being used to carry millions of dollars in the name of buying arms from Israel...we keep on having incessant explosions in churches,mosques,motor parks and markets...TSA and BVN are still yet to be implemented...BELIEVE ME THE COUNTRY WOULD'NT HAVE BEEN ONLY IN RECESSION,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN OBLIVION!

Please, we've heard this crap, over and over again. There's no need using assumptions here. "Assuming" as a word doesn't hold water here. Stop claiming the country would have been worse with PDP because even with the large scale corruption that was perpetrated by the PDP (OBJ to GEJ), they still allowed free market flow thereby ensuring investors are confident about the economy they're investing in.

You don't bring useless policies that didn't work in 1984 (took Nigeria into recession for the first time ever) and expect it to work in 2015/2016, coupled with delaying for over 5-6 months before appointing padi padi politicians as ministers afterwards. You don't go about rubbishing the country you govern and you don't also segregate even when you know the ones you're segregating agaisnt, holds the key to the growth of the economy.

By the way, why do you folks always keep blind eye to the corruption perpetrated by people in this government? In terms of corruption, there's no difference between APC and PDP and only a fool will think or say otherwise.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by helovesme(f): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
godunia:
What business does this guy have been a CBN Governor? Another mistake inherited by this administration.

Exactly! This man has to be the worst CBN governor ever.

I do not understand why he hasn't been replaced by Buhari. He was Jonathan's appointment and he is clearly doing a very bad job with the country's economy/finances.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Prinzemel(m): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2016
siraj1402:
Assuming PDP is still rulling and oil price crashed from $140/barrel to $40/barrel...then Dasuki keeps on distributing arms' funds to Bafarawas,Metus etc...Boko Haram keeps on occupying more LGAs in the northeast...Patience still saves millions of dollars in her multiple accounts...soldiers keep on running away from the battlefield...Asari keeps on receiving millions of dollars for guarding oil pipes...Ayo's private jet is being used to carry millions of dollars in the name of buying arms from Israel...we keep on having incessant explosions in churches,mosques,motor parks and markets...TSA and BVN are still yet to be implemented...BELIEVE ME THE COUNTRY WOULD'NT HAVE BEEN ONLY IN RECESSION,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN OBLIVION!
it goes beyond that, for your information the government don't help the economy by fake promises and assumed body language, a positive effect can be seen if the right policies are made. I'm into the system so I can't be misinformed. What do you expect when you restrict items that you neither produce nor have enough reserve. Of from coming into the country?. How on earth can farming be the solution to an economy that isn't productive, for all I care this administration is not creative hence the assumption that there will be light at the end of the tunnel is as good as fraud cos all I see is massive job loss and folding up of companies. New foreign investors also find it hard to settle, prices of all goods and services are also sky rocketing.
With regards to your oil price per barrell dIfference you can also see the difference in pump price for PMS, AGO and DPK for over a year now.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by truthspeaks: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Indd. Same Emefiele dat has no clue as to wat he z doin. Dat has bn churning out trial n error monetary policies. Even u sef de doubt
madridguy:
This is a good news to start the day with. Good morning to you all.

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by tpyemson(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2016
Davash222:

Will likely come out

How's September the fourth quarter?
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by Eberex(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2016
it won't change the prices of goods and services. remember in naija anything that goes up never comes down
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by bashydemy1: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2016
gabazin080:
prayer wont solve this but government action

But curse will abi?
Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by okosodo: 8:59am On Sep 19, 2016
siraj1402:
And you believe that money is not being stolen. Nigeria is making more money from its citizens now than when oil price is $500 per barrel

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by nike4love: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2016
siraj1402:

Isn't it all you know how to write?
Thiep
Quoroption
Oyel
Crush,
Destroy.....
When did u know oil price fall??
Aint u ashamed of ur party nd ur self?
Whose policies has been running the country over 18months now?
Who has been signing cheques?
Under whose watch has Nigeria been for past one year,nd when did this hardship start?
Aboki go get a life and stop spreading ignorance like diseases here.........

Re: Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele by mrZENographer: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2016
This incompetent government is relying on DANGOTE refinery(2018) to get out of recession. Instead of using goverment funds to start building local agriculture factories.

How To Pay For Facebook And Instagram Ads / How do I survive on N16,000 a month? / Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion