Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room (2759 Views)

Why My Wife Will Never Go For Yoga Classes (See Shocking Photo) / Another Husband-to-be Grabs Wife-to-be Butt In Prewedding Photo / Guys, Never Miss A Lady With The Following Qualities… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 7:37am On Sep 19, 2016
This is my account of what I personally experienced.

We finally got to the 9th month, especially the EDD (Expected delivery date). We were told it is not always accurate. It is always plus or minus 2 weeks. We did 3 Different scans and got 3 different EDD. I knew deep down in me that the baby is coming on one of these 3 days.

I promised my wife to be with her throughout the ED dates so I took 7 days off at work. On the first ED date, she experienced constant pains that made us conclude, this must it. We picked her things up, stock my car boot thinking the day has come. We were disappointed when the doctor told us the dilation is still very small. In fact they could not even admit her on their bed. They told us to go back home and come back the next day. I could not cry for her. The pain was so much already. How are we going to endure the night?

It was hell through the night. Please respect women no matter how small or young they are. The pain is always a near death experience.
We got to the hospital the following day, they told us she still has a long way to go, she has dilated 4cm, but the water has not broken, no bloody mucus discharge (Never mind experienced wife and doctors will understand this). I plead with them to admit her; I could not bear to see her in pains at home. “Let her be here so she can be under monitor”. They agreed, gave us our bed and we checked in. A friendly nurse gave us many hints e.g. she should keep climbing the stairs and lie on her side whenever she feels like relaxing…e.t.c.

We checked in around 7:30am, at around 4:00pm, she said she felt something is coming out, we rushed to the ladies where a ball of water came out, and it was punctured by the nurse. That was when active labor started.
So they took her to the labor, the nurse gave me a chair to sit outside. I refused; I said I want to be with her in the Labor room. We argued, the matron came to convince me they don’t allow non-technical staff in labor or surgery room. I gave them drama oooo…She is not going there alone. When the matron could not bear my arrogance and trouble, she gave me a green gown, gloves and nose cover, I don’t know what medical people call them. Na so I enter ooo with Ogboju.

I nearly regretted entering the place, although I got a consoling end result which made me forget the whole gory experience. Women.., our mothers are suffering. I was resourceful to the nurses and maids in the room, whenever they need her to move to a particular posture, I help her out, clean up blood, intestinal fluids e.t.c. Jez..I am a personality that hates seeing blood or watching horrific/bloody movies, accident scenes. That night was a night of torture for me.

At around 7:20pm, we saw the head of the baby coming after hundreds of contractions. I saw the hair of my baby, I touched it down there. But, it was still not coming out after uncountable pushes. That was then the doctor came in and said “The mother is getting tired and the baby pulse is fading, so they needed a CS immediately”. My heart jumped, I felt dejected and disappointed. I thought “So all my wahala since morning, they will still have to cut my wife opened. God wetin I do? Is it my sins or what?”. I could see my wife’s eyeball becoming red with tears forming. I was crying inside, but I was looking strong and confident outside to encourage my wife. I turned to the staffs; I said they should give her 30 minutes more. They refused; they said they were losing the baby. I shouted on one of them, “IF YOUR KNIFE EVER TOUCH MY WIFE, I WILL SUE YOUR ASS!”. They were shocked by the way I shouted and my vulgar words. So the doctor agreed to give 30 minutes more. They placed my wife on oxygen. She told me she could no longer do it anymore, she is tired. I told her beautiful things, I told her “If they operate you, we will name the child in this hospital. All the plans for the naming ceremony we have made will be a waste. The cloths, the shoe, the goat meat, and the caterers we had in mind to contract…the owambe. People will come here to grieve with us instead of congratulating us. Even if we are discharged before the naming ceremony, you won’t be able to dance on that day”.

I don’t know where she got the energy from, she just pushed and pushed like never before, baby head just popped out.
The nurse pulled her out (yes it’s a she). She was also looking tired, not breathing, but alive, they quickly rushed her under one UV light, pass oxygen pipe to her nose. She was still not breathing, after few minutes she just opened her mouth to cry. I just knelt down thanking God, singing praises. By the way, the team commended me that day; they said they have never seen a man do what I did that night. And my faith is strong.

It was not a palatable experience, should I talk about intestinal fluid, discharges, bloods? She was a first timer, her VG could not accommodate the size of the baby, they had to cut her and blood started gushing out, I nearly fainted at that point. I also monitor the process of stitching her cuts. It was gory. Child delivery is not childsplay or for the faint of heart. Respect to our mothers, nurses and doctors.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by EmperorLee(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Congratulations.

Buh CS is no longer a big deal like that sha, it's safer now sef than going through all these labour pains and they don't even have to spend more than 2 to 3 days in the hospital after the operation

Once again, Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2016
EmperorLee:
Congratulations.

Buh CS is no longer a big deal like that sha, it's safer now sef than going through all these labour pains and they don't even have to spend more than 2 to 3 days in the hospital after the operation

So I was told. Buh I didnt want to take the risk. Anything that has to do with cutting her up was not what I could endure..no matter how appealing it might sound.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by hotwax: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2016
U get liver oo cool cool cool
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by jonaifame22(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2016
May your testimony remain permanent!

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Mologi(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2016
MVP
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2016
jonaifame22:
May your testimony remain permanent!

Amen thanks
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2016
EmperorLee:
Congratulations.

true talk. in advanced country, most women prefer CS to normal delivery. maybe it's bcoz of d strong faith dey have in their doctors. congratulations to d family though
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2016
Ighoga898:

true talk. in advanced country, most women prefer CS to normal delivery. maybe it's bcoz of d strong faith dey have in their doctors. congratulations to d family though

This is Nigeria. You dont know who is who. I dont trust Nigerian health system

1 Like

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2016
proxillin:

This Nigeria. You dont know who is who. I dont trush Nigerian health system
yes dats one of d reasons naija ladies prefer it d natural way
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by empress101(f): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2016
Chai... U are a real Man.. Congrats and send my greetings to ur wife and d little one..
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2016
The first day i entered maternity ward, i came out telling myself i won't get pregnant ever. grin women were screaming here and there.

Op congrat!.
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by hotwax: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2016
asuo27:
The first day i entered maternity ward, i came out telling myself i won't get pregnant ever. grin women were screaming here and there.

Op congrat!.

same here. I even said I won't have sex with my girlfriend again
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by McBrooklyn(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2016
Jeez, this long epistle on top following your wife into a delivery room shocked . . . Abeg who fit summarize the story for me?? angry
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2016
hotwax:

same here. I even said I won't have sex with my girlfriend again
cheesy cheesy Some people just need to see what goes on there.
My sis was in labour, i was sent to keep her company till my mum arrives.
Jeez!, as she was crying, i was also crying.
It wasn't a good experience but one could learn from it.
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by exclusive7(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2016
In ol these church mamas voice dm .. 'Prai... prai...praiseee da Lord!!'. congratulations to you..momma n baby. Good work yhu did there
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by hotwax: 11:30am On Sep 19, 2016
asuo27:
cheesy cheesy Some people just need to see what goes on there.
My sis was in labour, i was sent to keep her company till my mum arrives.
Jeez!, as she was crying, i was also crying.
It wasn't a good experience but one could learn from it.

I saw a lady laboured for hours....Meeeeen,,, not funny
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2016
exclusive7:
In ol these church mamas voice dm ..
'Prai... prai...praiseee da Lord!!'.
congratulations to you..momma n baby.
Good work yhu did there

Thanks LOLZ
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
exclusive7:
In ol these church mamas voice dm ..
'Prai... prai...praiseee da Lord!!'.
congratulations to you..momma n baby.
Good work yhu did there
In all these members voice dem, Hallelujahhhhhhhhh. Your testimony shall be permanent Op, congratulations okunrin meta[color=][/color] grin smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Lasunclinics: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Women are wonderfully created and should be taken good care of... Do you know that the pain experienced at child birth is equivalent to almost 20 bones fractured at once? So care for your wife @ proxillin .
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by proxillin(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lasunclinics:
Women are wonderfully created and should be taken good care of... Do you know that the pain experienced at child birth is equivalent to almost 20 bones fractured at once? So care for your wife @ proxillin .

Noted. She became more precious to me ever since then
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by jashar(f): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Congratulations.

CS ain't a bad thing. Although, you shouldn't have threatened her if she had CS, when you see a person, can you differentiate the one that was delivered through CS or otherwise?

As long as the child is born and the mother is safe, rejoice.
Re: My Experience Following My Wife To The Labour Room by Lasunclinics: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
proxillin:

Noted. She became more precious to me ever since then
good... God bless u

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Men Shy To Say That They Are Virgins? / I Don't Want A Girl Child / Sexy wearable towel for ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.