Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. (936 Views)

Need Advise On Crop To Plant / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions / What Crop Can I Plant In This Month (august) Of The Year) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by Awotimi(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2016
Farmers in the house. I'm a young undergraduate who has access to acres of land. I'm about to delve into farming (both crop and livestock) and I need advice on what crops I could plant at this time of the year. All suggestions and procedures will be highly appreciated.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by SUPERPACK: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2016
Awotimi:
Farmers in the house. I'm a young undergraduate who has access to acres of land. I'm about to delve into farming (both crop and livestock) and I need advice on what crops I could plant at this time of the year. All suggestions and procedures will be highly appreciated.
provided u have money for irrigation facilities you can plant any crop u wish, bt vegetables like ugu, tomatoes, pepper, etc will do just fine especially UGU.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by Awotimi(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
SUPERPACK:
provided u have money for irrigation facilities you can plant any crop u wish, bt vegetables like ugu, tomatoes, pepper, etc will do just fine especially UGU.
I wouldnt mind planting any of the listed crops... Please can you put me through? And also what amount of capital is needed to startup any of them and the expected ROI... I humbly await your reply sir. Thanks.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by SUPERPACK: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
Awotimi:

I wouldnt mind planting any of the listed crops... Please can you put me through? And also what amount of capital is needed to startup any of them and the expected ROI... I humbly await your reply sir. Thanks.
do u have the finance for the irrigation or atleast time to water ur farm daily manually by urself because managing two acres during dry will be difficult.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by Awotimi(m): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
SUPERPACK:
do u have the finance for the irrigation or atleast time to water ur farm daily manually by urself because managing two acres during dry will be difficult.
I understand you sir. There's a compound near me of about 3plots, I'm thinking of using it for the Ugu. The land of 2 acres is very far from where I stay but is very close to a river. So I was thinking of planting stuff like cassava or plantain or maize (I dont know which is actually adviseable.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by SUPERPACK: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Awotimi:

I understand you sir. There's a compound near me of about 3plots, I'm thinking of using it for the Ugu. The land of 2 acres is very far from where I stay but is very close to a river. So I was thinking of planting stuff like cassava or plantain or maize (I dont know which is actually adviseable.
plant plantain and cassava on the 2 acres of land, then Ugu on the 3plot of land close to u since it can thrive during dry season.
For the ugu
1. U can buy a big ugu pod frm any vegetable market, it normally contains an average of 100 seeds in average and is sold @1000 naira here in enugu.
2. plant ur seeds in a raised bed after bringing it out frm the pod if the land is pest free or u may need to dry it for a day, if u think there are seed pest in ur farm.
3. you may get a huge pod of 100 seeds at 800 naira frm farms.
4. poultry manure is best due to its richness in nitrogen.
5. it takes 2 weeks to germinate, after that one more month b4 ur 1st harvest, after that u will be havesting it every two weeks .
I also planted 100 ugu seeds last two sundays, and currently 20 have already germinated hoping to get atleast 70% germination success rate,
hope its helpful
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by Awotimi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
SUPERPACK:
plant plantain and cassava on the 2 acres of land, then Ugu on the 3plot of land close to u since it can thrive during dry season.
For the ugu
1. U can buy a big ugu pod frm any vegetable market, it normally contains an average of 100 seeds in average and is sold @1000 naira here in enugu.
2. plant ur seeds in a raised bed after bringing it out frm the pod if the land is pest free or u may need to dry it for a day, if u think there are seed pest in ur farm.
3. you may get a huge pod of 100 seeds at 800 naira frm farms.
4. poultry manure is best due to its richness in nitrogen.
5. it takes 2 weeks to germinate, after that one more month b4 ur 1st harvest, after that u will be havesting it every two weeks .
I also planted 100 ugu seeds last two sundays, and currently 20 have already germinated hoping to get atleast 70% germination success rate,
hope its helpful
Thanks a lot sir. I pray the Lord to give me courage to startup. I will post pictures here soon. Thanks once again I appreciate.
Re: Need Advice On What Crop To Plant At This Period Of The Year. by Awotimi(m): 4:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Awotimi:

Thanks a lot sir. I pray the Lord to give me courage to startup. I will post pictures here soon. Thanks once again I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Maize Seed Variety / Cucumber / Watermelon Training @ Aba On The 22/4/2017 / Rabbit Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.