Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,568 members, 7,847,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 (612 Views)

Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 by Beckyblanca(f): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
So many things in the church today appear to me like we are still serving juju and our ancestral gods. The kind of prayers I hear in church is way out of the context of the scriptures. When you ask a question people try to intimidate you as if they want to shove lies down your throat. if you do not join the bandwagon you are cast out but your questions are based on what out read from the same Bible. Why do our prayers go contrary to the Bible. Which means, God does not listen to it.
Re: Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 by greatnaija01: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
the bible didnt give d prayer point na... he said pray for who persecutes u.... so we pray for them to be dealt with.... grin grin cheesy

love your enemies abi... GOD WHO IS LOVE.... WHY DID HE KILL D EGYPTIANS... AND EVEN ISREALITES LIKE DATHAN...KORAN and ABIRAM..... so my sister dont get d definition of LOVE CONFUSED.... GOD IS LOVE.... DOESNT MEAN HE LOVES SATAN.... churches pray and it works cos GOD APPROVES... if in your church it doesnt work... change church.

humans are merely agents.... so we dont pray for them to die... but we can deal with the evil spirits using them and its scriptural..... our true enemies are not humans because we do not wrestle against flesh and blood..... GET THAT FACT O.
Re: Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 by Lukuluku69(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Beckyblanca:
So many things in the church today appear to me like we are still serving juju and our ancestral gods. The kind of prayers I hear in church is way out of the context of the scriptures. When you ask a question people try to intimidate you as if they want to shove lies down your throat. if you do not join the bandwagon you are cast out but your questions are based on what out read from the same Bible. Why do our prayers go contrary to the Bible. Which means, God does not listen to it.

What I want to know is, why do Christians close their eyes while praying? I have searched and searched but couldn't have any references in the Bible. Can anyone help me out? Thanking you in advance.
Re: Why Do Our Prayers In Church Go Contrary To Mathew 5:44 by greatnaija01: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lukuluku69:

What I want to know is, why do Christians close their eyes while praying? I have searched and searched but couldn't have any references in the Bible. Can anyone help me out? Thanking you in advance.

my brother na human mind do that one o.... and the simple reason is for FOCUS..... you and i know that when we try to listen to our inside voice or think deep... it is so much harder when our eyes are open and we are seeing thngs and people around us.... THAN when we are in a solitary place... with peacefulness of nature orrrrr our eyes are closed and we calm our different thoughts just to focus on what lies within us.... IT IS USED EVEN OUTSIDE CHRISTIANITY by judaism... muslims.... shaolin monks... catholics...philosophers....scholars etc....INNER CLARITY is not easily achieved unless we shut out the physical world with all its distractions... either thru CLOSING OUR EYES or going into solitude....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Don’t Gotv/dstv Want People To Mention God? / Does Failure To Pay Tithe Lead Someone To Hell-lookingfly / Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.