Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way (3117 Views)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / We've Been Charging Our Smartphones Wrong All This Time. / You've Been Charging Your Phone The Wrong Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Gsmbasics: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yes, we understand. Our mobile phone batteries are bad because they hardly last a day. However, it's partly our fault due to the fact that we have actually been charging them wrong this entire time.

We have a deep-rooted idea that charging our mobile phones in small bursts will trigger long-lasting damage to their batteries which it's much better to charge them when they're close to dead.

A site from battery firm Cadex called Battery University gave information how the lithium-ion batteries in our mobile phones are sensitive to their own variations of "stress." And, like for human beings, extended stress could be damaging your mobile phone battery's long-lasting life-span.

If you wish to keep your mobile phone battery in good condition and go about your day without stressing over battery life, you have to alter a couple of things.

Don't keep it plugged in when it's completely charged

According to Battery University, leaving your phone plugged in when it's completely charged, like you may overnight, is bad for the battery in the long run.

As soon as your mobile phone has reached 100% charge, it gets "trickle charges" to keep it at 100% while plugged in. It keeps the battery in a high-stress, which wears down the chemistry within.

Battery University goes into a lot of scientific information describing why, however, it also sums it perfectly: "When completely charged, get rid of the battery" from its charger.It's like relaxing the muscles after exhausting workout. You too would be quite tired if you exercised continuously for hours and hours.

In fact, don't charge it to 100%.

At least when you do not need to.

According to Battery University, "Li-ion does not need to be completely charged, nor is it preferable to do so. In fact, it is much better not to completely charge, due to the fact that a high voltage disturbs the battery".

That may appear counterproductive if you're aiming to keep your smart device charged throughout the day, however, simply plug it in whenever you can during the day, and you'll be ok.

Plug in your phone whenever you can

It happens that the batteries in our mobile phones are much better if you charge them periodically throughout the day instead of plugging them in for a huge charging session when they're empty.

Charging your device when it loses 10 percent of its charge would be the best-case scenario, according to Battery University. Clearly, that's not useful for most people, so simply plug in your mobile phone whenever you can. It's fine to plug and disconnect it several times a day.

Not only does this keep your mobile phone's battery working efficiently for longer, but it likewise keeps it topped up throughout the day.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/585/you-have-actually-been-charging-your-smartphone-the-wrong-way.html

1 Like

Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by D34lw4p(m): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice one, what if you slept off while your phone is charging and it got to 100% to me I will say, a smartphone has the builtin functionality to detect when The phone is fully charged and it will automatically stop the inflow of any external current to the battery.

2 Likes

Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Gsmbasics: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
D34lw4p:
Nice one, what if you slept off while your phone is charging and it got to 100% to me I will say, a smartphone has the builtin functionality to detect when The phone is fully charged and it will automatically stop the inflow of any external current to the battery.
A lot of mobile phones are now "smart" enough to know when a battery is full and will stop charging. Nevertheless, there is something you can do to extend the life of your battery. Instead of charging your phone all night, every night, try keeping it charged between 40% and 80% the majority of the time. This will guarantee the longest possible life from that battery. If you can leave it unplugged overnight (every now and then), do so.
Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by ify84(m): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
See as una de talk as if no be Nigeria una live in... With our wonderful PHCN

6 Likes

Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Gsmbasics: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
ify84:
See as una de talk as if no be Nigeria una live in... With our wonderful PHCN
even if there's no light for long, people still put on their generator every day.
Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by flokii: 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
I recently discovered this app.. '360 battery plus' on d playstore.
It solves almost all battery problems.. fast draining, over heating while charging etc..
it's a must have honestly
Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by ramdris(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Okay I aff heard u...can u now pls lend me ur charger?

1 Like

Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Sugarcious(m): 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
Not when we have light once a month..

1 Like

Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Thobiy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice tips
Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by Shiifi(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
ummm nnawa ooo op na only if you no use money charge phone b all dis one wey u dey talk
Re: You Have Actually Been Charging Your Smartphone The Wrong Way by hakinze00(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nawa u people with these your different tips and discoveries gan sf,shey una sure say nah oyibo dey suggest this thing abi nah una phone engineers?? Naso one person talk say how to make ur fone last long
1-Dont take selfie with it

2- Don't watch Porrn with it

3- don't play games with it

4- don't watch movies with it, can't rememba d remaining ones.
So what shud I now do with my fone....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Spark 2 To Come With An Improved Camera / Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For / Mtn 30gb For N3,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.