Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller (2678 Views)

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Theory X--- A Crime Thriller / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hello guys, I'm new here and I've got a story to share with you. It's my second post on NL and I'll like to post thrice a week for a start. I'll need your comments and suggestions

I'm Arinze S. Chiji, A member of the Young Creative Clique www.youngicee.com

Below is a summary of the drama:

London returnee, Caroline Martins is in Nigeria to unravel the mystery behind her sister’s death. Police reports claim it was a suicide, but Caroline is convinced that Tonye Martins affluent and barber boyfriend, David Finley, is the murderer. The only evidence to nail David Finley is missing and his mother, lady Mosette will do anything to save him.

Bode Martins isn’t too keen on opening up the investigation on his sister’s murder, but Caroline’s will and stubbornness puts him and his fiancée, Nkechi, in danger. David Finley’salibis- Leslie Okoronkwo, Akudo, Detective Sankura and Dr Gilbert are on the edge. Trouble is in town and no one sleeps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Copyright © Arinze S. Chiji 2016
Young Creative Clique

No part of this story should be reproduced in any form without contacting the author.

PROLOGUE

Tonye was willing to let go. She didn’t want to carry on with the fights, argument and tension. She wanted to go into the new month in peace. She prayed David wanted the same thing as she got to the doorstep of his mini flat on the island. She took in a deep breath and pressed the doorbell almost immediately. It was time to mend things and move on. She heard footsteps from inside approaching the door. The door knob turned and the door opened to reveal a smiling David. Tonye got a reminder of why she fell in love with the barber.

‘I knew you would come’ David said

Tonye was speechless and did not know if she had to be angry or jump for joy. Did he truly love her or was he taking her for granted? Why would he just assume that she was back to make peace or apologise as usual? She felt she had given him every reason and opportunity to disrespect her. She felt her dignity had been shattered by his utterance.

‘Come in. I am making noodles…I have wine too’ he said and winked

It was hard for Tonye to contain her disgust. David was too disrespectful. The wink meant the usual make up sex and she was ready to disappoint him. David hardly cooked when things were rosy. He dreaded the kitchen. But Tonye’s call that morning meant he had to go the extra mile to woo her again.

‘Are you okay?’ he asked with a smile. Tonye felt like slapping off the stupid smile on his face. He held up his right hand to reveal a kitchen knife. ‘See…I was actually slicing onions. Come on in…let’s cook together’

‘I am done. It’s over!’ Tonye shouted and turned to leave a bedazzled David

David became red with anger, rushed after her and stabbed in the neck. Wham! One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. He stabbed her like a mad man. Blood, blood and more blood everywhere. Tonye lay lifeless on the ground. He stood over her lifeless body and sat in the pool of her blood. He cried.

Episode one is @ http://www.youngicee.com/2016/09/david-finley-episode-one.html
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Donkross1 Oyinprince TaliusDike

Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66 KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia mismore Omotayelolu. Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23 lilbethlars merasnipes deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102 Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24 chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62 temilade20 jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6. Heemah DandyPearl Bellovers Sageez Afz9095 Ysadiq DVMtuppence Calmdove Domido Maggielovely Rukkydelta Damyem Mutdam Olaxtra Daslad M003 Ernie98 Kingphillip Youngseraph Emerald18 Jhybho Fiyah Chinwezdasilva Jsharp Adajiboyy Ideatoprince18 Deesquare01 Nidaxj Snowangel Gbens2000 Spdazzy Mattkent Dimssy Hefelove Iyoha240 donkross1 talius oyinprince repogirl divepen1 ozila sampete eliboy92 sageez johnspurgeon014 olarhtunji holuwaferanmi francistony chocckidd ohibenemma greatbrian angelsss waShine
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:14am On Sep 20, 2016
I'm here
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by SPDAZZY(f): 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
ArinzeSaviour:
Donkross1 Oyinprince TaliusDike

Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart
kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe
prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip
Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66
KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie
Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK
faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski
Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia
mismore Omotayelolu.
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano
Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease
sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12
Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey
Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey
Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel
jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23
lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee
latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102
Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit
ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria
Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna
omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED
IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu
akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever
ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel
loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola
girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech
SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160
Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze
Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62
temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller
gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz
Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu
juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies
Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp
michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz
Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames
PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123
Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6.
Heemah
DandyPearl
Bellovers
Sageez
Afz9095
Ysadiq
DVMtuppence
Calmdove
Domido
Maggielovely
Rukkydelta
Damyem
Mutdam
Olaxtra
Daslad
M003
Ernie98
Kingphillip
Youngseraph
Emerald18
Jhybho
Fiyah
Chinwezdasilva
Jsharp
Adajiboyy
Ideatoprince18
Deesquare01
Nidaxj
Snowangel
Gbens2000
Spdazzy
Mattkent
Dimssy
Hefelove
Iyoha240
donkross1
talius
oyinprince
repogirl
divepen1
ozila
sampete
eliboy92
sageez
johnspurgeon014
olarhtunji
holuwaferanmi
francistony
chocckidd
ohibenemma
greatbrian
angelsss
waShine

Présent monsieur

3 Likes

Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by Talius(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Present sake! Let's get this train moving.

1 Like

Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by dimssy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
I don show..
Abeg who cook?

1 Like

Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by therealbabe(f): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
following...
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
SPDAZZY:

Présent monsieur
Thanks for coming.
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
dimssy:
I don show.. Abeg who cook?
Welcome, wetin you wan chop?
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Talius:
Present sake! Let's get this train moving.
cool
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Episode 1

TWO YEARS AFTER TONYE’S MURDER

SCENE 1

(COKERS MANSION, LEKKI)

(FUNMI GOES TO OPEN THE DOOR AND BRIEFLY CHECKS HER FACE IN THE MIRROR CLOSE TO THE ENTRANCE. THE DOORBELL GOES OFF AGAIN AND SHE OPENS)

Funmi: good afternoon (flash her white teeth)

Caroline: (straight face) I am Caroline martins. Tonye’s sister. Is David in?

Funmi: (shocked) hi. i… he is not in

Caroline: lady Mosette?

Funmi: unavailable

Caroline: tell them I dropped by. I have so many questions for them

Funmi: um…sorry

Caroline: (turns) yes

Funmi: about Tonye’s death…I’m sorry for your loss. Who would believe that it’s been two years?

Caroline: (smiles) two years and no judgement. Her murderer still walks the streets of Lagos, a free man.

Funmi: (confused) I don’t get. Tonye killed herself. She was clinically unstable.

Caroline: (fumes) i…I…my tonye was never unstable. Your mother and step brother made the world believe that crap. I am back and someone is going to end up behind bars (she walks away)

SCENE 2

(GERDA BAR, LEKKI)

(LESLIE SIPS BEER FROM A TUMBLER AS SHE WATCHDAAVID FROLICKING WITH SOME GIRLS ON THE DANCEFLOOR. HE SIGNALS HER TO JOIN, BUT SHE LOOKS AWAY. HE APPROACHES HER)

David: (slightly tipsy) is somebody jealous?

Leslie: (laughs) no! Hell no! Why would I be jealous?

David: you had better confess… jealous Leslie!

Leslie: seriously? David I am not jealous. Not even the late tonye made me jealous…

David: (frowns) you had to mention her name here? For what? Leslie for what na?

Leslie: no… I was...

David: (slaps her) I don’t like that at all

Leslie: (holds her cheek and smiles) calm down…. You are losing it. Tonye is dead and gone. Your secret is safe with me. (She attempts to leave) I have to leave baby.

David: Tuvi right?

Leslie: of course Tuvi. He currently knows how to treat a lady better. (Holds his hand and caresses it. She places her lips on his receptive lips and pulls away after a few seconds) I had fun. Good night (she exits)

SCENE 3

(COKERS MANSION)

(DRUNK DAVID OPENS THE DOOR AND ENTERS THE HOUSE. THE LIGHTS COME ON. LADY MOSETTE SITS AT A CORNER ON THE SOFA)

Lady Mosette: (shakes head) David…

David: (rubs eyes and staggers) mum, is that you?

Lady Mosette: drunk on a Monday! Classic and pathetic Mr Finley

David: Mother…come on, put a smile on your pretty face

Lady Mosette: I am happy that you can sense my sarcasm and see my pretty. I’m sure you can absolve this one too. Caroline martins

David: (staggers and waves his hand) who is she? Queen of England? (Laughs)

Lady Mosette: Tonye’s sister

David: (shouts) I don’t wanna hear that f***ing name again!

Lady Mosette: (stands) you don’t know what is going to happen but I have a feeling you will frequently hear that name in these coming weeks. Caroline is snooping around and I don’t like it at all. She was at the police headquarters today to see detective Sankura. She was also here today. She met Funmi.

David: (sits on the floor and place his hands on his curly hair) mother (sobs) I am done for…

Lady Mosette: (sighs) I wanted to see remorse (moves towards David, kneels and hugs him) mummy will kill this mosquito… she will just bark and fade away. I will clean this.

SCENE 4

(CAROLINE’S CONDO, IKOYI)   NEXT DAY   10:13AM

(CAROLINE FACED THE SKY BLUE WALL OF HER LIVING ROOM AS BODE CIRCLED HS FINGERS AROUND THE SIDE STOOL. HE IS AT THE EDGE OF THE WHIE SOFA)

Bode: are you out of your mind? Caroline you need to stop this madness.

Caroline: I can’t believe my ears. How can you call thesearch for justice madness? Justice for our sister! You shock me every time. I’m leaving no stone unturned

Bode: this is bigger than us. I don’t want you dead. You are the only family I’ve got.

Caroline: you are a coward! I knew it. My guts told me that something was wrong. I should have been here earlier. I’m so sure I could have gotten the killer behind bars.

Bode: are you calling me incompetent? You think I didn’t do enough?

Caroline: you tell me…

Bode: (bangs his fist on the stool) damn it Caroline! You actlike the all-knowing and it irritates me! You did not go to identify her body at the morgue. I did! You did not see those multiple stab wounds. I did! I felt like killing that bastard! He had everything in his favour; the alibis, the police and all. Our opportunity to nab him was destroyed

Caroline: the footage from the CCTV camera?

Bode: yes! They claimed she was clinically unstable! What does that mean? I was mad! You were not there, so don’t give me bullshit! I won’t have any of that!

Caroline: (smiles and nods) I’m glad that we are on the same page. David killed Tonye. We just need to prove it.

Bode: how did your visits go?

Caroline: detective Sankura was compromised. I felt it. He is really shady. I met Funmi Coker and I’m sure mother and son know that trouble is in town.

Bode: I don’t want to lose you

Caroline: I will be fine

SCENE 5

(THIRD LANE HOSPITAL, OBALENDE)

(IN FRONT OF DR GILBERT’S OFFICE)

(CAROLINE IS NEXT IN LINE TO SEE DR GILBERT. SHE IS USHERED IN BY HIS SECRETARY)

Dr Gilbert: (looks up from his laptop) good afternoon.

Caroline: (smiles) good afternoon

Dr. Gilbert: how may I help you miss…?

Caroline: Caroline Martins

Dr Gilbert: (smiles) beautiful name and nice accent

Caroline: how can a psychologist with no medical history of a patient term her clinically unstable? Clinically unstable sounds too vague sir, with all due respect you shouldn’t sit behind that desk. If you had said Tonye had bi polar disorder, it would have made more sense. Do you think? How much did lady Mosette pay to buy your soul? Tonye Martins must get justice

Dr Gilbert: (sweating profusely) get out! (Stands and almost trips) out!

Caroline: register this face in your head doctor! (Walks out)

(Dr Gilbert picks up his phone and dials a number)

Dr Gilbert: hello? Lady Mosette….we are in trouble

SCENE 6

(OKONKWOS DUPLEX, V.I)

(A BLACK RANGE ROVER PULLS UP IN FRONT OF THE GATE. THE DRIVER HORNS CEASELESSLY AND A GATE MAN APPEARS)

Gateman: who be that?

(The driver winds down)

Gateman: na woman set. Why you dey horn like that?

Caroline: call your madam. Tell her Tonye Martins is here.

Gateman: you no get her number? Call am na!

Caroline: (throws a wad of naira notes at him) fetch your madam

Gateman: (grabs the money happily and scampers to get her) Wetin be your name?

Caroline: (shouts) Tonye Martins!

(The gateman enters the compound while Caroline reverses and drives off)

(A few minutes later, the gateman appears with Leslie tagging behind)

Leslie: Adamu! Is this supposed to be a joke?

Adamu: madam! I swear to God… she just park here na na… Tonye Martins na her name

Leslie: (dials a number on her IPhone 6) David. Hello? Can you hear me?

David: (lazily) speak…I don’t have time

Leslie: I don’t like the silly prank you just played, but I will let it go. You sent someone here to pose as Tonye Martins.

David: what are you saying? Explain to me

SCENE 7

COKERS MANSION

(LADY MOSETTE PACES BACK AND FORTH IN THE LIVING ROOM. DAVID SITS ON A SOFA, HEAD IN HIS PALMS)

David: what do we do? She is really rising up dusts in her path

Lady Mosette: let me think

David: it is clear she wants trouble

Lady Mosette: (chuckles) I will give this one double trouble. She doesn’t know what she is up against

David: or should I take care of it?

Lady Mosette: (screams) no! (calmly) I mean… no

David: (stands agitated) but you are not doing anything. Dr Gilbert and Leslie are on the edge. I will take care of this.

Lady Mosette: Don’t you dare do anything stupid! (Shouts) David!

(Funke enters)

Funke: what is going on? What is with the noise? What is it that has got two worked up?

Lady Mosette: its fine dear

Funke: is it Tonye’s sister?

Lady Mosette: (smiles) go to bed dear

(The doorbell goes off)

Funke: I guess he is back

Lady Mosette: where are the servants?

Funke: (rolls eyes) servants? Or helps? Mum! I will get the door (goes to open the door. She opens up for a smiling lady with a baby in a basket)

Funke: ….uuum

Akudo: good evening. I know you can’t remember me. I’m Akudo. I’m here to see David.

Funke: I think I know you

(Lady Mosette approaches the door)

Akudo: oh! Lady Mosette….this is good. I am here with your first grandchild (holds up the baby basket) meet Princesa Finley (smiles)

Read Episode 2 on www.youngicee.com
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by dimssy(m): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
ArinzeSaviour:
Welcome, wetin you wan chop?
Update naaah
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
dimssy:
Update naaah
I just updated today sir
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by dimssy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
ArinzeSaviour:
I just updated today sir
nice one.
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
***Post Deleted***
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Episode 2

SCENE 1
(cokers mansion) morning 11:02am
(Funke cuddles Princesa in her arms as David watch. Lady Mosette folds her arms)
David: I can't believe this... How can you two let Akudo fool you? I mean...someone travels to Dubai and returns after eleven months with a child for me and you gladly accepted.

Funke: a year and two months darling brother...and yes, we accepted. She looks just like you...see her blue eyes.

David: (turns to lady Mosette) Mum...

Lady Mosette: where were you last night? I hope you didn't do anything stupid!

David: I went to get a couple of drinks. I needed to think

Lady Mosette: (sighs)I have a genius For a son. Bravo!

Funke: (giggles) yeah right!

David: mother?

Lady Mosette: at age thirty six, I never believed that I would be babysitting you. David I'm disappointed.
(her cellphone rings)
Hello? Detective. What? You must be joking. (she hangs up and screams)

Funke: (scared) what is it mum? (the baby cries)

Lady Mosette: turn on the TV. Channel 108...now!
(David turns on the TV)
(Caroline Martins is being interviewed by ace broadcaster, Paul Imole)

Caroline: the fight to bring justice for late Tonye Martins is in full swing. Contrary to what the police investigation said, Tonye's mental state was 100percent perfect. She did not kill herself. The Martins wants justice and justice we will get.

Paul Imole: thank you (faces the camera) exactly two years ago, the body of thirty years old banker, Tonye Martins was found in her boyfriend's compound. Police claim she was clinically unstable and stabbed herself in the neck several times. Tonye and her erstwhile boyfriend- David Finley had a misunderstanding and she thought a cook whom David had hired, Akudo alongside David's old friend- Leslie Okoronkwo were his mistresses. Leslie, Akudo and David were unable to stop Tonye from killing herself. However, a video footage from a nearby CCTV camera that captured the tragedy, is missing. No one knows what truly happened. It...
(David turns off the TV)

David: I will strangle that...

Lady Mosette: calm down

David: don't tell me that! You need to call the President.

Lady Mosette: For what? This is minor

SCENE 2
(Akudo's house) ikeja 11:35am
(Mama Ogadi is in the kitchen listening to the radio and cooking. Akudo reads a fashion magazine, Austin browses on his new blackberry she got for him)

Austin: Sister...

Akudo: Wetin?...You dey disturb me o

Austin: Your name dey trend o. You and that your boyfriend name.

Akudo: What do you mean?

Austin: See sef...Linda Ikeji don carry am (shows Akudo his phone)

Akudo: (reads with mouth wide open) Wetin be this? Caroline Martins. (Gives him his phone)

Austin: I think say the matter don end

Akudo: (stands and goes to her room)
(Mama Ogadi enters)

Mama Ogadi: Where Akudo?

Austin: Inside room
(Akudo reappears fully dressed)

Mama Ogadi: where you dey go? Waka about... Since you just come from Dubai, NA so so waka waka!

Akudo: I dey go Island

Mama Ogadi: Abeg do...go bring Princesa

Akudo: She dey with her papa...you better forget that girl. I dey come. (exits)

SCENE 3
(Okonkwo's duplex)
(Leslie and Akudo sit facing each other)
Leslie: I will try to forget what you did. You are a LovePeddler!

Akudo: I learned from the best. You (smiles)

Leslie: we have something to discuss. I am uncomfortable with the recent developments and I think we should act fast. I have called David and Lady Mosette severally; they want me to remain calm. It is clear that this lady is winning and they don't know what to do

Akudo: I think we should leave the country before we sink

Leslie: (takes a deep breath) what else can we do?

Akudo: Flee o! If Caroline gets that footage, we are doomed.

Leslie: I thought Lady Mosette got rid of it

Akudo: I don't think she did. The guy who lived in that compound was never found. He just vanished.

SCENE 4
(isove estate, Lagos Island)
(Caroline parked her car in front of the house beside Tonye's murder scene, David's former house. She steps out and knocks on the gate. A lady opens)
Caroline: good morning ma...I am..

Lady: I have been expecting you. We cannot talk here. I will give you a call

Caroline: But...

Lady: Goodbye...people are watching. I will call you (slams the gate)

SCENE 5
(Third Mainland bridge) 8:30am
(Caroline is driving at the Oworonshoki end of the bridge when she notices two white jeeps trailing her. She drives faster and they still trail her. She stepped on the brake suddenly and the two jeeps served to avoid a collision. The cars hit the railings of the bridge and were on the verge of tumbling over. A well-built man dressed in camouflage kicks open the driver's door from inside and holds out a gun. He aims it at Caroline's range rover and shoots. It hits the back windscreen and shatters it. He fires four more shots, she ducks and drives off)

SCENE 6
(Caroline's condo) 10:45am
(Caroline lay on the longest couch in the living room while Bode sits close to where she place her head. Inspector Njemanze and Nkechi stand over her)
Bode: Why are you so stubborn? I told you to end this madness. I don't like this!

Caroline: (smiles) I am fine. It was nothing

Nkechi: It was more than that, Caro. You need to tread cautiously

Bode: (to Nkechi) if you were not my fiancée, I would have thought that you wanted Caroline dead. How can you encourage her in this madness?

Caroline: (sits up) Thanks for coming over guys. I will be fine. (To insp. Njemanze) thanks for assisting the Martins family again. God will bless you.

Insp. Njemanze: (smiles) you are welcome. However, you need to be careful. I know you want justice served, but e need you alive too. The move to assign a new detective to this case is in full swing. Be rest assured that justice will prevail.
(Caroline's phone rings)

Caroline: Hello? Who is this? (Puts her phone on loudspeaker)

Caller: The lady from isove estate

Caroline: How did you get my number

Caller: Never mind. I'm glad you are still alive. Meet me at Ketu. They won't trace us.

Caroline: Mainland? Why should I listen to you? What do...

Caller: Do you want the footage or not?

Caroline: I do.

Caller: 12 Demurin street. 8:00pm. Tomorrow. First floor. Brown door. Knock once (hangs up)

Bode: You will be so stupid to go there.

Caroline: (stands) I choose to be stupid (goes to her room)

SCENE 7
(12 Demurin street, Ketu) Next day 7:59pm
(Caroline stands in front of the Brown door. She waits for the time to clock 8:00pm and knocks once. The lady opens the door. She enters and the door closes. The apartment is dimly lit)
Lady: You were followed here

Caroline: (confused) By who? My brother?

Lady: No! Those who want you dead. There is a back door through the kitchen. It leads to the backyard, scale the fence into a football pitch, run till you get to the street where you parked.

Caroline: Why are you doing this?

Lady: (gives her a paper) this contains the phone number of Tamuno White now Munota Tweihh. When you call him, just mention my name. Ibukun.

Caroline: Ibukun...
(a loud knock intrudes, Caroline shakes in fright)

Ibukun: (whispers) Go! Use the backdoor
(Caroline obeys and disappears. The door is torn down and shots are fired. It hits Ibukun in the head, chest, legs and stomach. She slumps to the ground. Dead)

Read Episode 3 on www.youngicee.com
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Episode 3

SCENE 1
(Cokers Mansion)     Three days after Ibukun's murder       1:05pm
(Funke enters the living room with a shabby looking Nicole. David is watching the news on TV and looks up to see the two)
Funke: (smiles) Brother...

David: yeah?

Funke; This is Nicole. She will be attending to you. She attends to you alone

Nicole: (kneels) Oga sir.... Gurafunun

David: what is this? What is the meaning of this? Why is this beast here?

Funke: (rolls her eyes) That is how mum wants it. You always complain about Lilly's service and the poor girl doesn't know how to please you.

David: Did Lilly complain to mum?

Funke: She didn't need to complain

David: How is this thing... (Points to Nicole) supposed to please me? Where did you get her from? And did I hear you call this ogre Nicole?

Funke: Nicole is a good and hardworking girl. Her specialities include cooking local soups, laundry, at any time of the day and special massage?

David: (raises an eyebrow) massage?

Funke: (nods) You heard me right.
(David's cell phone rings. He looks at Funke not knowing if he should answer the call)

Funke: Do you need privacy?

David: No. It’s fine. It’s Ginger

Funke: (excited) Wow! Pick now! I haven't heard from her in a long time. Pick
(Lilly enters with Princesa in her arms. Funke sights them)

Funke: Oh! My little niece (walks towards them) You miss me?

Lilly: (smiles) She heard your voice and here she is to welcome you (she gives Princesa to Funke)

Funke: (cradles Princesa in her arms) My baby! She is just so cute

SCENE 2
(Akudo's house) 2:35pm
(Mama Ogadi goes to open the door)
Mama Ogadi: Can I help you?

Caroline: Good afternoon ma. Is Akudo in?

Mama Ogadi: Yes. Are you her friend?

Caroline: (nods) Yes

Mama Ogadi: (smiles) Come in. Let me get her
(Caroline enters and gives the parlour a casual look)
Caroline: Nice place...

Mama Ogadi: (smiles) Thank you. Akudo has really tried. While she was in Dubai, she worked so hard to make life comfortable for me and Austin. Ogadi will never do that kind of thing. If you ask that one for money, she will send five thousand. Visit nko? She will not visit, even my sister Felicia whom I gave Ogadi to, hardly shows concern. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I shouldn't bore you.

Caroline: No..its fine. I'm listening to you. Akudo is a good person and she has done so much for you.

Mama Ogadi: (smiles) Yes o. I wish Ogadi will just play the big sister role for once.

Caroline: When last did you see her?

Mama Ogadi: Five years ago when she went to work with Felicia. Felicia visits quarterly and says Ogadi is doing well.

Caroline: Isn't she in Lagos?

Mama Ogadi: My daughter...she is in ebute metta, here in Lagos o.
(Akudo enters)

Akudo: (surprised) What is going on here?

Mama Ogadi: Is that the right way to greet your friend?
(smiles and turns to Caroline) what is that your name?

Caroline: Caroline ma

Akudo: (frowns) Mama! She is not a friend. Why will you let in a stranger? It is dangerous.

Mama Ogadi: what do you mean?

Akudo: (to Caroline) I have nothing to do with you. Please, leave my house

Caroline: You have a lot to do with me

Akudo: There is no crusade here. I suggest you return to London.

Caroline: You don't tell me what to do. I know you were bought. Turn yourself in before I get the footage

Akudo: (whispers) You have nothing on me.

Mama Ogadi: What is happening here?

Caroline: (to mama Ogadi) Mama...send my regards to Ogadi and Aunty Felicia (exits)

Mama Ogadi: Akudo, I don't like this

Akudo: How can you be so stupid? You let in a total stranger and started saying our family history

Mama Ogadi: (spits in her face and slaps her) Don't talk to me like that!

SCENE 3
(Caroline's condo) 4:00pm
(Caroline enters her house. She closes the door behind her and feels the light switch on the wall with her left hand. She has a Michael Kors purse in her right hand. She puts on the switch and is startled by the figure of Lady Mosette seated in her sofa)
Caroline: (drops her bag on the floor and puts her hand on her chest) How did you get in?

Lady Mosette: (smiles) I pick locks. It is my little secret. My daughter said you came by the house to say hello the other day

Caroline: Oh!

Lady Mosette: Yes baby

Caroline: I'm not your baby

Lady Mosette: I never said you were my baby. It is not hard to figure out that you act like a baby.

Caroline: (laughs) Ouch! That was painful

Lady Mosette: You have been quite busy these past few days. I must commend your work ethic, but baby don't cross me, I will crush you!

Caroline: (laughs) I am scared! Lady Mosette is scary

Lady Mosette: (shouts) Do you think this is a funfair?

Caroline: (shouts) Watch your tone bitch! You are in my house!

Lady Mosette: (stands) Did you just use that word on me?

Caroline: Tell your son that he will spend the rest of his miserable life in prison. Caroline Martins will make sure it ends that way.

Lady Mosette: (calmly) If you know what is good for you...Caroline...run

Caroline: You sent those men after me right?

Lady Mosette: (smiles wolfishly) I don't know what you are talking about.

Caroline: I am not scared

Lady Mosette: You should be

Caroline: I will get the footage

Lady Mosette: No, you won't (walks towards the door where Caroline stood) don’t smoke in the kitchen. I left the gas on...(winks, opens the door and exits)

Caroline: Oh my God! (Runs to the kitchen and turn off the gas valve)

SCENE 4
(Caroline's condo) 7:13PM
(Caroline, Bode and Nkechi eat dinner in the well-lit living room)
Bode: Now that a new detective has been assigned to the case, you won't venture into dangerous places.

Nkechi: Yes. We are so concerned about you. Inspector Njemanze really wants you to have those Police orderlies around you. Think about it. Two attempts on your life within a week isn't a light issue.

Caroline: (nods) Thanks.

Bode: Is Tamuno picking?

Caroline: No. It’s been three whole days and I can't sit here doing nothing.

Bode: Be patient. Don't do anything stupid

Nkechi: This meal is delicious. Caroline you have good hands

Caroline sad shrugs) I guess so. Thanks. If I hadn't gotten here earlier, my kitchen and even my condo would have gone up in flames.

Nkechi: (confused look) How?

Caroline: Lady Mosette was here.
(Bode and Nkechi drop their forks in shock)

Bode: No..no..no. Caroline?

Caroline: She broke the gas valve

Bode: (stands up angrily, scatters his plates and shouts) Caroline! You will get yourself killed!

Nkechi: Baby calm down.

Caroline: I will be fine.

Bode: You are insane! (Walks towards the door in long strides)

Nkechi: Baby! (Stands up and runs after him)

SCENE 5
(Outside Caroline's compound)
(Bode enters his blue Prado jeep, Nkechi runs to catch up and enters the passenger's seat. Two masked men point guns to their heads)
Bode: what is the meaning of this?

1st man: Quiet. Drive.

Bode: Drive to where?

2nd man: Move or we blow your heads!

SCENE 6
(Ebute Metta, London Blues Inn) 9:36pm
(Inspector Njemanze, two constables and a sergeant are on a routine check at the Inn)
Insp. Njemanze: (to receptionist) where is your madam?

Receptionist: She never come
(A tall light skinned middle aged woman walks in, on the phone and talking loud)
Receptionist: She don come

Insp. Njemanze: (turns) Okay

Madam: (approach them) Yes. Mama Ogadi... I have told you that Ogadi is fine. Don't worry your head. Yes. I know. Thank you. Okay. Bye (hangs up)

Insp. Njemanze: Mrs Felicia

Felicia: Miss o! I Neva marry inspector o

Insp. Njemanze: (smiles) okay. We are still getting complains about some illegal activities going on here. Prostitution

Felicia: Ha! Who are those? My enemies are at work. This inn is a godly inn o! Prostitution is ungodly. I can never engage in that. The Bible says...our body is the temple of the Almighty

(Insp. Njemanze's phone rings. He picks and ends the call after a few seconds)
Insp. Njemanze: we have to leave now. We will be back again (to the other offices) Boys! (They exit)

Felicia: (to the receptionist) where is Ogadi?

Receptionist: Room 6B

Felicia: Tell her to get ready. Chief is coming this night

SCENE 7
(Outskirts of Lagos) 11:05pm
(The masked men still have guns to Bode and Nkechi's heads. Bode drives, his eyes on the road. He occasionally glances at Nkechi)
Bode: We have been driving for hours. I'm running low on fuel

1st man: Shut up!
(The masked men look at each other and nod their heads)
2nd man: Park beside that tree at the next junction

(Bode slowly halts close to an oak tree)

1st man: Get down

Bode: who?

1st man: The lady

Bode sad jolts) Hell no! She is going nowhere.

2nd man: (hits him with the butt of the gun) Quiet fool!

1st man: (to Nkechi) Get down now!

Nkechi: (sobs) No...Bode.

Bode: Baby...don't go anywhere

1st man: (cocks his gun and points it to her head) Now!

Bode: Leave her alone!

2nd man: Shut up!

1st man: Get down now! Get the hell out now! Now!
(points the gun to her left thigh and pulls the trigger)

Bode: (screams) No.   Nkechi sad screams) Jesuuuuuus!

1st man: (hits Bode's head with the gun and he passes out. Bode hits his head on the steering wheel) Out!

Nkechi: (screaming and crying in pains) Oh my leg! Jesus! (Opens the door and falls to the dusty ground. She loses blood and becomes unconscious as the car zooms off)

Read Episodes 4 - 6 on www.youngicee.com
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
please drop your comments
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by therealbabe(f): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Continue

1 Like

Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
David Finley - Episode 4

SCENE 1
(Leslie's house) THE DAY AFTER THE ABDUCTION 7:09am
(Leslie still in her night wear sits on the kitchen island sipping hot cocoa, while David sits on a stool facing her, sipping hot coffee)
Leslie: (sighs) I have heard you clearly. Do you have anything to say?

David: why are you acting so strange? We are in this together,

Leslie: of course we are in this together, which is unfortunate. However, we can't continue seeing each other. Tuvi has taken it to the next level and I am ready to commit myself to make it work.

David: so...you will marry the jerk?

Leslie: (nods) he is a nice guy. He will be here very soon to take me to see his Pastor. I suggest you leave

David: (sighs) you can't be serious

Leslie: I am. I have tried. Tonye was your woman and I was comfortable being the side chick even when I was in a relationship with Tuvi

David: But...you were cool with it

Leslie: yes. At that time and even in her death

David: what has changed?

Leslie: Nothing...really nothing. We just have to move on. I mean... You have a daughter now.

David: (laughs) I knew it! You are jealous. Oh! Baby... Akudo means nothing to me

Leslie: I hear her daughter is beautiful and looks like you
(Tuvi enters)

Tuvi: (frowns) I got in with my keys

David: (turns in irritation) Guy...how far?

Tuvi: Mr. Finley

Leslie: Babe...I will be...

Tuvi: I will be in the room (he walks away)

David: (hisses) Douche bag!

Leslie: You have to leave

David: (stands) Yes... Thanks for the coffee. Happy married life (he exits)

SCENE 2
(Leslie's room) 7:25am
(Tuvi comes out of the shower. Leslie sits in the bed staring at his nude body)
Leslie: (licks her lips) Get a towel and stop tempting me

Tuvi: Or you mean Mr Finley has taken you on the kitchen counter and you are too tired to even be stimulated

Leslie: (shouts) what the f**k is wrong with you?

Tuvi: what was he doing here so early? (shouts) Tell me!

Leslie: It is not what you are thinking

Tuvi: I have been able to put up with it for five years, but I told you that the moment I decide to put a ring on it, I won't tolerate it

Leslie: I know! I was trying to make him understand

Tuvi: I don't want to see you around him. Please respect me. Get dressed... We don't want to keep Rev Ojo waiting

SCENE 3
(Cokers Mansion) 8:03am
(Funmi lets in Akudo. Akudo has a sober face and look. She sits on the couch while Funmi stands and folds her arms)
Funmi: So?

Akudo: I... I don't know how to say this. I was wrong to have dumped Princesa the way I did.

Funmi: So?

Akudo: I...just wanted David to know that he has a daughter and knowing how hard he can get, I thought the best way to go about it as to show up at your doorstep with Princesa

Funmi: okay? Princesa is with her family no...what do you want?

Akudo: (sobs) I want to see my baby. I miss her. I want to hold her in my arms.

Funmi: (smiles) its funny you would say that...I mean you wanted to get rid of her so fast. It was the most horrible thing I had ever seen. Princesa s fine and hardly misses you
(Lady Mosette enters)

Akudo: (stands) good morning ma

Funmi: (smiles) mum...good morning

Lady Mosette: (nods) morning Funmi...please excuse us

Funmi: (nods) Okay. I will be in the kitchen (exits)
Akudo: Ma...

Lady Mosette: its a good thing that you are here. I'm sure you understand hat is at stake. We will be needing your statement again. Get prepared to go through that phase again

Akudo: I came here to take Princesa, not to discuss that. Whatever happens in the investigation is not my business. I won't be here

Lady Mosette: Child, don't make me mad. I am terrible

Akudo; You...
(Lady Mosette's phone rings, she answers the call and walks away)

SCENE 4
(In front of Finley's Touch) 8:15am
(David's car is parked in front of his closed barbing salon. The salon hasn't opened since Tonye's death. He looks at the building and smiles)
David: Finley's touch (his phone rings, he hesitates to answer) Hello Ginger

Ginger: (American accent) at last!

David: this is not the right time

Ginger: why have you been avoiding my calls? Pops is sick

David: sick?

Ginger: he has cancer

David: Ginger I can't do this now. I will call you later

Ginger: Da... (he hangs up)

David: (takes a deep breath) I need a break (his phone rings again, he answers) Hello, mum.

Lady Mosette: where are you?

David: close to the house

Lady Mosette: Get to the house fast. Detective Sankura is off the case. Things are getting out of control

David: (tries to contain his anger) I told you to contact the presidency! Damn it mum!

Lady Mosette: don't talk to me like that. Get here now...let's re strategise. Brace up for whatever you will meet on your arrival

David: what do you mean?

Lady Mosette: just come

SCENE 5
(RESTORATION CHURCH, V.I) 8:55am
(REV OJO's OFFICE)
(Leslie and Tuvi go through some of the church's publication as Rev Ojo arrives with a tray of coffee in white china cups to go with biscuits. He puts the tray on the desk)
Rev Ojo: (sits on his revolving chair and smiles) Help yourselves

Tuvi: (smiles) Thank you

Leslie: (nods) Thank you
(they pick their cups of coffee and sip)

Rev Ojo: As I was saying, the marriage committee will meet you every Sunday, after service for just an hour. The duration is just six weeks. You can start this Sunday

Tuvi: We are more than willing to meet with the committee
(brief silence)

Rev Ojo: (to Tuvi) Can I speak with Ms Okonkwo briefly? Privately?

Tuvi: Oh! Why not? Gladly (he stands, puts Leslie on the shoulder and exits)

Rev Ojo: (smiles) Leslie

Leslie: You are doing well for yourself, Frank

Rev Ojo: You still look stunning

Leslie: Thank you reverend

Rev Ojo: I never forgot you

Leslie: I tried so hard to forget you too. The scars between my thighs are a constanr reminder of the savages you and your friends turned out. Look at the savage in a cassock trying to officiate my wedding. Life can be so twisted!

Rev Ojo: (sighs) It was never my intention to hurt you

Leslie: You stood and watched. Didn't you? Pervert!

Rev Ojo: I have chastised myself and God has forgiven should do the same.

Leslie: (spits in his face) Rot in hell! (stands and leaves)

SCENE 6
(Cokers mansion) 10:09am
(Lady Mosette watch as Akudo plays with Princesa. Funmi flips through a newspaper. The doorbell goes off and Lilly who is in the kitchen goes to open the door. She opens the door to let in David)
Lilly: (smiles) Good morning sir

David: (takes in her features) ummm...

Lilly: Sir?

David: (shakes his head vigorously) Excuse me (shoves her gently and walks into the living room) Mum... (he stops when he spots Akudo with Princesa) What is this? What is she doing here?

Lady Mosette: I told you to brace up. Madam wants her baby

Funmi: brother calm down...

David: (looks around) what is she doing here! (shouts) Akudo! What do you want?

Akudo: (calmly) I miss Princesa

David: (shouts) You miss her! (he sees a flower vase on a stool, he picks it up)

Lady Mosette: (shouts) Put that down!

David: (throws the vase at Akudo. It hits Akudo in the head and Princesa falls from her hand)

Funmi: Jesus!

SCENE 7
(LESLIE's HOUSE) 11:32am
(Leslie sits in a yoga position on her leather settee in the living room. Tuvi stands in front of her)
Leslie: I have told you, I don't want a church wedding. I am fine with the court

Tuvi: You won't deny me this. What is it? Did Rev Ojo say anything that got you upset

Leslie: Look... I have decided and I'm not going back on it!

Tuvi: Can you reason with me for once? What is wrong?

Leslie: Nothing

Tuvi: So... You just want to be impossible, right?

Leslie: If you don't agree with me on this, I'm sorry we just have to end this now.

Tuvi: (shocked) Did you just say that? Are you serious? Just like that?

Leslie: (sighs) My head is pounding. Let's talk tomorrow

Tuvi: don't do this to us. Leslie not now (he exits)
(Leslie watch him shut the door. She picks up the remote control and turn on the TV. She go through channels and stops at channel 108)
Leslie: what is this? (she increases the volume of TV)

Paul Imole: We are at the Podington hospital, oshodi where Miss Nkechi ibe is receiving treatment for a gunshot wound to her thigh. Nkechi is Bode Martins fiancée. The two were abducted last night in front of Caroline Martins house on the island. She was found along the Lagos Ibadan expressway by good Samaritans. The kidnappers still have Bode Martins and contacts are yet to be established with them. This incident is happening on the heels of the re-opening of the investigation into the death of Tonye Martins as a new detective has been assigned to the case. Tonye Martins died in the compound of her boyfriend – David Finley and present at the scene were heiress to the Okonkwo fortune, Leslie Okonkwo and the relatively unknown cook, Akudo. With me is Caroline Martins

Caroline: It is a sad moment for my family. Ever since the quest for justice began, we have been under threats and I want to reach out to Bode, my brother, if you are listening or watching this, be strong. Justice will prevail. I would also like to make a request

Paul Imole: What is it?

Caroline: Can the camera follow me to Nkechi’s ward where she is in pains? I want Nigerians to see the evil that has been done

Paul Imole: Sure… lets go

(the camera trails Caroline and Paul as they walk the hallway to Nkechi’s ward. At the door, Caroline knocks and enters with the crew. Nkechi is in the patient’s green gown and is startled. Caroline goes to her side and strokes her hair gently)

Caroline: Can Nigerians see? Look at her thigh
(the camera captures her wounded thigh, dressed in bandages)

Nkechi: what is this? Caro, what is the meaning of this?

Caroline: it is fine

Nkechi: No! (shouts) No! is this a show? My baby is missing. You should be out there looking for him. They will kill him

Caroline: (gently) calm down dear

Nkechi: (shouts) turn off that camera! This is not fair! Don’t touch me! (screams) get out!

Caroline: (surprised) Nkechi calm down. We are in this together

Nkechi: No! you don’t care about Bode or anyone else. You just want to be guilt free! Well… newsflash fool! Tonye is dead and can never come back to life

Caroline: turn off the camera! She is just upset

Nkechi: you are a monster! Selfish and callous woman! Bode should be your priority. Monster!
(Caroline runs out)

SCENE 8
(AKUDO’S HOUSE) 1:08PM
(Mama Ogadi is dressed in a flower print gown. She has a black purse in her hand and her hair is made in a bun. She also compliments the outfit with black sandals. Austin is on the couch watching YouTube videos on his phone)
Austin: (removes the earphones in his ears) mama…. Are you going to the market?

Mama Ogadi: No my son (takes a deep breath)

Austin: where are you going?

Mama Ogadi: i dey go Felicia side for ebute metta. I wan go see Ogadi…you know say since that dey wey Akudo friend come, she just remind me of Ogadi and my mind no dey at rest

Austin: Mama, you too dey disturb yourself. Na ogadi suppose come find you…shey she no get brain? You wan wahala yourself o

Mama Ogadi: leave am like that. Ogadi na my pikin and I suppose wahala myself. Till any mama die, she suppose wahala herself with her children matter. Inugo?

Austin: I don hear you

Mama Ogadi: Make I dey go so that I go quick reach house cook soup. If Akudo come, tell am say NEPA bill don come o

Austin: okay
(Mama Ogadi opens the door and leaves. Austin dials a number on his phone)
Austin: hello…aunty Felicia. Maale dey come ebute metta o

Felicia: For wetin na?

Austin: She say she dey find Ogadi

Felicia: Why she dey do like that? She no fit tell me say she dey come. Austin thank you (she hangs up)

Read Episode 5 - 7 on www.youngicee.com
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
therealbabe:
Continue
Thanks
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Episode 5

SCENE 1
(London Blues inn, ebute metta) 1:50pm 
(Mama Ogadi approach the receptionist who is chatting away with a scantily clad lady in her twenties. They stop chatting as soon as she gets to the desk)
Receptionist: (smiles) Good afternoon ma, welcome to London Blues, the paradise of hospitality

Mama Ogadi: Thank you. I dey find Felicia and Ogadi. Them be my sister and pikin

Receptionist: Oh! Welcome ma...

Mama Ogadi: Thank you 

Receptionist: My boss and Ogadi travelled to Abuja for a conference with some senators

Mama Ogadi: Really? Abuja? Senators? Since when?

Receptionist: Two days ago. They will be there for two weeks. I hope there is no problem 

Mama Ogadi: (sulking face) It is my daughter I come and find o. I never see am for five years and Felicia no dey give me strong answer anytime I ask how she dey

Receptionist: (smiles) Cheer up ma. Ogadi is fine. She is doing well for herself and recently returned from Torino

Mama Ogadi: where that one dey? Mourinho?

Receptionist: (laughs) its in Italy ma 

Mama Ogadi: Eh ya! But she no dey try. No call or even visit.

Receptionist: She is so busy. Just calm down. Ogadi is fine 

Mama Ogadi: Okay o. Thank you my daughters

Receptionist: (gives the scantily clad lady two thousand naira) take. Help her get a taxi to her destination (mama Ogadi) she will help you get a taxi 

Mama Ogadi: thank you 

(the lady follows mama Ogadi towards the exit and into the street)
Lady: I am Naomi. Ogadi and I are very close. She misses you. There are things that are not right 

Mama Ogadi: (confused) what is going on?

Naomi: Mama Ogadi...there are things I think you need to know. I will give you my number so that we can discuss better (they exchange numbers, wave down a taxi, Mama Ogadi enters and Naomi watch as they disappear into the traffic)

SCENE 2
(Cokers mansion) 2:03pm 
(Funmi's room)
(Akudo is in Funmi's bed, her head bandaged and two pillows propped under her head for elevation. Funmi sits beside her, while Lilly cradles Princesa gently stroking her hair)
Lilly: shouldn't we just take her to the clinic?

Funmi: You heard Dr Gilbert. She will regain consciousness soon.

Lilly: I thank God Princesa wasn't hurt 
(David, Lady Mosette and Dr Gilbert enters)

Lady Mosette: Lilly, the baby needs to eat 

Lilly: I just fed him 

David: (shouts) Dummy! Get out of here. We need privacy 

Lilly: (rolls her eyes and leaves with Princesa)

Funmi: You need to take care of that anger 
(Akudo opens her eyes)

Dr Gilbert: She is awake 

Funmi: (joyful) Oh! Thank God...

Akudo: I..I..need water 

Funmi: (jumps up to her feet) I will get it (she races out and David shuts the door)

Lady Mosette: it was quite unfortunate that you got hit by the vase. If you had ducked, it could have been averted

Akudo: Oh...I got hit? David wants to kill me 

Lady Mosette: Nobody is killing anybody 

Akudo: (shouts) I want to take Princesa away. Faraway from here. I don't want to be part of this nonsense!
(a loud knock interrupts)

Funmi: (from outside) why is the door locked? Open up!

Lady Mosette: Funmi...we need some talk time 

Funmi: come on! Let me in 

Akudo: Help me! (Shouts) Funmi help me! They want to kill me!
(In a flash, David grabs a pillow and covers Akudo's face. She struggles to breathe for a while and becomes unconscious)

Lady Mosette: (whispers) David! Why did you do that?

Dr Gilbert: (fidgets) I don't like this at all (walks fast towards the bed to check Akudo's pulse)

David: I know what I'm doing. I didn't kill her 

Funmi: What is going on?

Lady Mosette: we need to move her away from here 

SCENE 3
(somewhere on the island) 2:19pm 
(Caroline is in her Range rover. She moves at a snail speed and some cars behind her, honk for her to move faster, while others overtakes her with the drivers hurling curses at her. She parks in front of Restoration church and rests her head on the steering wheel, a tear drops. She wipes her tear, kills her engine, exit the car and enters the empty church. She heads straight to the altar and kneels)

Caroline: I haven't been here in a long time. The last time I called on you, you didn't listen and I gave up on you totally. I asked you to bring my parents back to life but you didn't and it really hurt me. You couldn't stop the trailer from crushing my parents and you made me and my siblings orphans. I am here again. I don't trust you, but I need your help and I hope you are listening (sobs) I am weak, tired and lost. I miss dad, I miss mum. I miss Tonye. Where is Bode? I am alone! You can't hate me this much. What have I done? (cries very loud) I am sorry! I am sorry! Please forgive me (she rolls on the floor and sleeps off after a few minutes. Her cell phone rings, she wakes to answer) Hello?

Caller: why have you been calling me?

Caroline: is this Tamuno, sorry Munota?
(there is no reply)

Caroline: Ibukun

Munota: the footage will be given to you as soon as you get to Abuja. Lodge in Hotel Bernada, I will contact you 

Caroline: thank you (he hangs up. She stands up and straightens her dress. She races to the door and bumps into Rev Ojo)

Rev Ojo: Hello?

Caroline: Sir...I'm in a hurry (she leaves as Rev Ojo stands to watch her enter her car)

SCENE 4
(PODINGTON HOSPITAL, OSHODI) 5:15pm (Leslie and Lady Mosette are at Nkechi's 

bedside)

Leslie: I couldn't help but feel the pain you are going through when I watched the TV this morning. We are deeply sorry for the way things have turned out.

Lady Mosette: I swear to God. I will never harm Bode, he was very co-operative during the investigation and it is quite evident that he isn't in support of what Caroline is doing 

Nkechi: Did you kidnap Bode?

Lady Mosette: No...I mean not at all. I guess Caroline has more enemies than I expected

Leslie: We want to help you 

Nkechi: How can you bring Bode to me? That is all the help I need 

Lady Mosette: I will get the whole Police force searching for him once we know that you are on our side 

Leslie: Not just the police...

Lady Mosette: Yes...the navy, air force and military too 

Nkechi: I'm in 

SCENE 5
(PODINGTON HOSPITAL, OSHODI) 5:45pm (Outside Nkechi's room)

Lady Mosette: Thanks for alerting me when you saw the interview on TV.

Leslie: We are in this together 

Lady Mosette: I wish Akudo wasn't too difficult. David is losing his patience; I'm also losing mine...

Leslie: I could talk to her 
(Leslie's phone rings) hello? Tuvi...

Tuvi: I need to see you 

Leslie: Not now!

Tuvi: please 

Leslie: where are you?

Tuvi: in front of your house

Leslie: I'm on my way...(she hangs up) I have to leave now (pecks lady Mosette and leaves)

Lady Mosette: (her cell phone rings, she answers) Detective Sankura?

Sankura: why am I being investigated?

Lady Mosette: what do you mean?

Sankura: the disciplinary committee of the force and EFCC are seriously going after my involvement in the case and my accounts

Lady Mosette: I have no hand in this 

Sankura: You have to do something. Inform Mr President. I don't want to end up in prison (he hangs up)

Lady Mosette: trouble everywhere! Damn you Caroline!

SCENE 6
(FINLEY's TOUCH) 7:02pm 
(The barbing salon is dimly-lit. David sits in one of the fifteen cubicles as he plays with a deck of cards. Dr Gilbert nervously adjusts his collar at intervals. Akudo is in the center of the salon, on the floor. Her hands and legs are tied with aprons and her mouth is stuffed with a huge towel)

Dr Gilbert: where is lady Mosette? I don't like this at all 

David: you make me sick with your questions! I have told you to calm down.
(David stands and goes to the toilet. Dr Gilbert goes to meet Akudo on the floor)

Dr Gilbert: (whispers) Don't scream. I want to help you. Don't scream...I will get you out of here. (Akudo nods) Please... (he removes the towel in her mouth and unties her legs and hands) Stand up (he aids her to her feet and leads her to the door. She is outside) I'm coming...let me get my... (Three shots are fired, it hit him in the back and head, he drops to the floor. Dead.)

Akudo: (screams) Noooo! (She runs as fast as her legs can carry her)

SCENE 7
(Somewhere in Abuja) 9:00pm 
(a warehouse)
(A masked man brings a tray containing a bowl of beans to Bode who is blindfolded and seated on a metal chair. His hands and legs are bound in chains)

Masked man: it is time to eat... (He drops the tray on the floor)

Bode: Will I eat with my hands tied?

Masked man: (slaps him) Stop being a stupid smart talker. I will kill you 

Bode: kill me already!
(Another man enters and signals the masked man to remove Bode's blindfold)

Masked man: This is Munota Tweih

Munota: (smiles) your sister is in Abuja. She is here for the footage 

Bode: (shocked) Munota? Tamuno white?

Munota: (laughs) Yes...

Read Episode 6 to 9 on www.youngicee.com
Re: David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller by ArinzeSaviour(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Episode 6

SCENE 1
(Cokers mansion) 8:03pm
(Akudo knocks on the door, Nicole opens)
Akudo: Where is Funmi?

Nicole: she dey upstairs. Make I go call am

(Akudo enters while Nicole goes to call Funmi. Lilly appears first, followed by Funmi)
Funmi: (surprised) Akudo...what happened to you?

Akudo: David wanted to kill me

Funmi: what?

Akudo: Dr Gilbert is dead and he is at the barbing salon. David Finley is a monster! Somebody has to stop him

Lilly: Oh my God. This is terrible

Funmi: (shakes head) I don't believe this

Lilly: Finley's Touch is not far from here. Nicole can watch the baby

Akudo: (softly) The baby...my baby...how is she?

Lilly: Fine. Let's go

SCENE 2
(Finley's Touch) 8:25pm
(Akudo, Funmi and Lilly are inside the barbing salon. The stand over Dr Gilbert decomposing body close to the toilet door)
Funmi: (covers her mouth) Oh my God! Is my mum aware of this too.

Akudo: Definitely. Lady Mosette cleans David's mess all the time

Funmi: (sobs) what kind of family do I have?

Lilly: (hugs Funmi) Oh...dear. You will be fine

Funmi: we need to inform the police and the authorities

Akudo: Lady Mosette is the authority. You guys should let me have Princesa. I want to leave all these horror. I wanna leave...

SCENE 3
(Leslie's house) Next day 8:28am
(the living room)
(Leslie and Tuvi engage in a talk)
Leslie: So...Tuvi ... Rev Ojo can never officiate our wedding

Tuvi: (nods) Now... I understand you. You should have communicated your feelings to me

Leslie: How was I supposed to tell you that your Pastor whom you hold in high esteem watched and laughed as his friends raped me? How?

Tuvi: I am so sorry, my love

Leslie: it is fine

Tuvi: I will confront him and make sure he gives you a good apology

Leslie: No! That won't be necessary. I don't want any other controversy

Tuvi: No... We will confront him and tell him that we won't need his services. Okay? Let's go

SCENE 4
(Restoration church, v.I) 10:10am
(Rev Ojo's office)
Rev Ojo: (smiles) I am glad you two returned

Tuvi: Rapist!

Rev Ojo: (smiles) Oh...she told you

Tuvi: I feel like punching you

Leslie: Calm down, Tuvi. He isn't worth it

Tuvi: You just lead people astray!

Rev Ojo: How? What happened in the past doesn't determine the future? I made that decision to live a life that is not determined by my past

Tuvi: (claps) Bravo! How convenient! Let's clap for the changed rapist

Rev Ojo: Leslie...we were young and were overridden by youthful exuberance. I paid for my mistakes and I am still paying

Tuvi: Are you listening to this jerk?

Rev Ojo: Leslie...I am sorry

Leslie: Frank... I don't care. You won’t officiate our wedding

Rev Ojo: (nods) I understand

(Detective Charles barges in)

Rev Ojo: Hey!

Charles: Leslie Okonkwo

Leslie: (looks up) yes?

Charles: You are under arrest for your role in the death of Tonye Martins and Dr Gilbert

Leslie: (chuckles) Excuse me?

Charles: Cooperate with the force and follow me to the station

Tuvi: Officer...

Charles: I came for Leslie Okonkwo

SCENE 5
(Akudo's house) 11:59am
(Mama Ogadi, Naomi, Inspector Njemanze and Austin gather in the living room)
Njemanze: The water police is still searching for their bodies

Mama Ogadi: (crying silently) so...Ogadi is gone

Naomi: Mama... Have hope. She will be found

Mama Ogadi: nime Atlantic Ocean? How? Biko tell me how? (looks at Austin and shouts) You! You! Evil fellow! Devil's advocate. I curse the day I gave birth to you. You've caused me great sorrow

Austin: (crying) Mama...I did not know. Aunty Felicia told me Ogadi works in an oil company. Mama...I'm sorry

(Akudo enters with Princesa)

Mama Ogadi: Akudo...

Akudo: Mama...Austin...what is going on?

Mama Ogadi: Ogadi is dead

Naomi: Haba! That is not true. She will be found

Mama Ogadi: Your sister is in the Atlantic ocean. How can she be found? Chim o! Ogadim o!

Akudo: I don't understand this at all (looks at inspector Njemanze) I know you...You work for the Martins. What are you doing here?

Njemanze: It is a small world indeed. I am glad you made the right decision with David Finley's case

Akudo: (goes into her room and packs light) we are leaving this country)

SCENE 6
(Hotel Bernada) 12:13pm
(Lady Mosette comes out of the elevator, her phone in ear)
Lady Mosette: I..I..Am on my way now. This is so wrong! (she hangs up)

Lady Mosette: (talks to no one) this can't be happening. Everything is crumbling. My baby is in jail! Mummy has to do something
(Caroline enters the lobby smiling)

Caroline: wonderful afternoon Lady Mosette. Is the heat getting to you?

Lady Mosette: I can't participate in your tomfoolery this afternoon

Caroline: Lagos is on fire. You should go home and save your son

Lady Mosette: (laughs) Killing isn't my thing. The Finleys and Cokers of this world can claim all the murder trophies

Lady Mosette: (smiles) We are just starting

Caroline: Mosette...this is the end. The nail to the coffin will be the video footage. Wait and see!

(Lady Mosette makes for the exit as Caroline watch with a wry smile)

Caroline: (her phone rings) Inspector Njemanze... (She picks the call) Hello...

Njemanze: where are you? Have you been keeping tabs on the latest development in the case?

Caroline: yes

Njemanze: With Akudo's testimony, the video won't be needed

Caroline: I don't think so. We still need it and I'm on it

Njemanze: Funmi Coker is really keen on helping us. She isn't happy about the crimes and wants to be on the right side

Caroline: Good for her. I will meet up with her once I get to Lagos

Njemanze: You are not in Lagos?
(Caroline ends the call and enters the elevator)

SCENE 7
(Hotel Bernada) 12:30pm
(Presidential suites)
(Caroline is in the hallway of the presidential suites, she checks the number on every door till she got to number 15. She looks at the lock that needs a swipe card to unlock and frowns)
Caroline: How do I get in?

(She looks around for a few seconds, and then looks at the ceiling over her head. It has an opening. One of the doors opens to let out a middle aged woman. She gives Caroline a quick smile)

Woman: You should have asked for the swipe card at the front desk. I wonder why Lady Mosette hires forgetful assistants

Caroline: (puts her hand on her head) I totally forgot. I was too concerned about getting what she told me to get

Woman: (smiles and walks towards Caroline) It’s a good thing all swipe cards open different doors. You can use mine (gives Caroline her card) take

Caroline: (smiles and collects) thank you ma. (She opens the door and gives her the card)

Woman: You are welcome. Have a nice day (walks away before any response)

Caroline: You too... (Caroline enters. She heads for the California king size bed and checks under it for the video. She puts her hand under the bed and feels a hard paper. She pulls it out, it is a brown envelope. She tears the seal and pulls out a CD. She exhales and smiles) this is it

SCENE 8
(Murtala Mohammed Airport) 1:32pm
(Akudo is on the queue like every other traveller going to Dubai. Princesa is in the baby carrier strapped to Akudo's body. Akudo is tensed and looks around sweating profusely. Someone taps her from behind. It is detective Charles)
Charles: this wasn't part of the deal. Step out of the line

Akudo: (slowly and almost in tears) no..no...Please let us go. I told you everything I knew in exchange for my freedom. Why are you stopping me?

Charles: You can't leave the country. It was what we agreed

Akudo: leave me alone. I don't want to be killed. Lady Mosette is dangerous. Please let me go

Charles: Step out of the line! Now!

Akudo: (shouts) No! (Grabs his gun which was on his waist and points it at him) No!

(The queue scatters and people panic, screaming and running helter-skelter. Security operatives are on alert and surround the scene)

Akudo: No! (Crying)

Charles: You are ruining things. Trust me and you will be safe...Akudo calm down
(Princesa cries out loud)

Akudo: (looks at Princesa) My baby. I love you. Mummy loves you. Okay? Don't cry

Charles: Akudo...don't be stupid

Akudo: (whispers) I'm sorry (points the gun to her head and pulls the trigger)

Read the next episode here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/David%20Finley?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon / Tips 4 Reading & Understanding Needed, Ur Meaningful Contributions Pls. / Kasala Don Burst Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.