Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? (3019 Views)

"My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by todaynewsreview: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
I was married for 10 years to a man I loved so much until our separation. Initially, he cared for me and our daughter but things changed.

I remember one day, we went to visit his elder brother – my baby was barely 2 months old then. As we were leaving that evening, a car splashed mud on me and my baby. My hubby was so furious and promised he would buy a car soon and give to me, so we never experience such embarrassment again.

Few months later, he bought a car but never allowed me nor our daughter get in it, saying he was not the first father in Lagos and can’t afford to have his car always ridden with baby fragrance. We were practically banned from joining him in the car. Sometimes, I would be walking with my baby while hubby drives past us. Unbelievable, right?

He soon began hitting me because of babes and sent me packing more than twice. However, each time, he would come back crawling on his kneels and I would go back home. His siblings would threaten to beat me up while his mum would call severally, saying she would never forgive me. When I ask what my crime was, she would have nothing to say. She later got hubby a new wife but couple of months later, hubby had a fight with her (his mum) and told me about the wife.

Also Read: How To Get Pregnant With A Boy Or A Girl

I wasn’t ready to let my family into the issue because I knew my family would ask me to leave. I tried to make my marriage work and hid my pains. There was a day hubby beat me up with a cutlass and gave me scars all over my thigh. He almost strangled me that night, but somehow, neighbours came to my rescue and I fled with my baby. I later reported to the police but the female DPO insulted me, saying I must have been very rude and unsubmissive. She told my hubby her younger sister was available, adding that I wasn’t brought up properly. He later got involved with her but dumped her as usual.

I had to start cheating too just to get cash to feed my child because I was waiting for my NYSC. My lover took care of my bills and my baby’s while hubby ignored me. I begged for sex, I begged for attention.

One day, I asked my hubby why he changed from being caring, because I had been torturing myself , thinking I was the cause. To my surprise, hubby said this is his real attitude, and he only deceived me into marrying him. He then asked me one question. He said, “If I had shown you my real attitude, would you have married me?” He wanted me to respond and I said no. He then said, “Girl, I want you as my house wife. That’s all.”

After NYSC, I told myself I had to stop cheating. I had to job hunt. I thought at a school for #10,000 per month, and later left for a manufacturing company. Then, I pleaded with hubby to get me pregnant because I never wished to have kids with different men. I got pregnant but hubby never bought baby stuff because he claimed I was the one who wanted the baby, not him.

All my female friends became my hubby’s friends. He tells them nasty things about me and promised them marriage, though he only ended up using them and dumping those that fell prey.

Also Read: Help! Why Can't I Password My Phone Too - Wife

At a point, I could not cope with my job and 2 kids and had to sell bags of rice. I raised the cash from meagre monthly contributions and support from my family. I would carry a bag of rice on my head into trunks. Before I knew it, a bag of rice weighed less than a bag of pure water.

With that, I raised cash and did an international passport for myself and kids. I applied for a visa and left the country to join some of my siblings.

Though all that took years to happen, I never stopped praying and praising God. Now, God has blessed me. My kids are happier and I am so relaxed.

Now, hubby thinks I am rich and is begging for forgiveness. He has said if I don’t he will commit suicide. He even addresses me as “ma”. He practically worships me now. Though we are not together, he calls every second. He said he is now born again and has not had sex for a long time. After our conversation, he says, “I LOVE YOU.” I can’t say it back to him because, sincerely, I don’t love him anymore.

I’m glad I stood my ground to be useful and hardworking. He wants to resign from his job to join us here. I know he won’t dare hit me or else he will spend the rest of his life in jail. I want my kids to have fatherly love and upbringing. I wish to take him back, if only for my kids’ sake.

All his family members, including his mum, all threat me and my kids like their gods now. Though I don’t care about them, I care about my kids having a father figure. My daughter prays for it but my son wishes he will never set his eyes on him again.

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1026/should-i-give-my-husband-another-chance-after-all-these

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Florblu(f): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
Don't bother posting the remaining part, it's just too annoying

5 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by McBrooklyn(m): 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mtcheeeew!!! undecided
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by southernbelle(f): 1:28am On Sep 20, 2016
Florblu:
Lol... you should have, at least it was entertaining.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:43am On Sep 20, 2016
*sneezes*

What a story full of DUST and COBWEBS! angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by sirusX(m): 3:00am On Sep 20, 2016
Guess the husband and wife are still married...and even though I am a believer in second chances, but I don't think this relationship would work out cz the scars are still there and the love that the wife has is no more.

His reason for apologising is because he thinks the wife is now rich, plus the fact that she relocated abroad...and now his family also accord the wife praises.

It's not so easy to forgive, and it's harder to forget...and character / habits are difficult to change. He might just be pretending again so as to have his way and switch back to his personality when he feels he has arrived.

Who am I to judge anywayz...it's always best to place every situation in God's hands

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by cococandy(f): 5:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Mtchew
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by sisisioge: 6:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Whew! MercyoftheLord!

Babes, think hard about it...they almost never change. You are his passport to a perceived better life now so he would behave himself by default.

By the way, please read the story of a woman who was trending at a time. She had a video of herself cursing her hubby and all that concerned him. Hmmm, her story wasn't quite different from yours.

God frowns at divorce but heaven helps those who help themselves, it will be so unfortunate if this guy end up killing you...your kids, your innocent lovely kids.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by uairaland: 6:45am On Sep 20, 2016
FORGIVENESS CREW.. food is ready.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by todaynewsreview: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2016
sisisioge:
Whew! MercyoftheLord!

Babes, think hard about it...they almost never change. You are his passport to a perceived better life now so he would behave himself by default.

By the way, please read the story of a woman who was trending at a time. She had a video of herself cursing her hubby and all that concerned him. Hmmm, her story wasn't quite different from yours.

God frowns at divorce but heaven helps those who help themselves, it will be so unfortunate if this guy end up killing you...your kids, your innocent lovely kids.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by quivah(f): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Tssssswwww!!

Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by inemani: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
Odiegwu! Just negodu what I'm reading! SMH
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by HomeTutor1(f): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
Goodafternoon to you all. You can put your children in my trust for a standard home lesson on mathematics, Physics and further mathematics for primary, secondary and SSCE level in Lagos. My phone number is 07089340542
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Fanirandele: 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
if you take him back , sorry but you'll deserve whatever you get. When people show you who they are , believe them ...that man has shown you who he is and i can assure you the damage he will do this time will be 100 times worse than the last because this time he's coming in with a plan angry Go are read on the front page the story of a woman who allowed the husband that kicked her out back into a life just so he can build a relationship with the children. He and his area boys beat her and her male friend up and now she's left with one leg not working which is going to affect her ability to financially and physically care for her kids. you've been saved from that man, better don't go back or you'll soon be here with stories

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Richy4(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
I feel like seeing this lady.... Women are meant to be loved but in this case, Maybe a slap from a total stranger might help reset her brain...

6 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Acidosis(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
You really need to give him a chance so you can publish more fake stories that exist only in your imagination.
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by gidjah(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2016
Florblu:
My dear this is just too annoying!haba,man stupid,family foolish,all of them slept an kept their heads on d same pillow!!what a waste of a family!i am just so furious now, feel like slapping the young foolish man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by gidjah(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2016
Pls ma'am, ignore him and let him be, they are destined to be poor all their lives.....and poor shall they be.so the parents also supported him al this while he was practicing evil karate on you0?, you must be a very strong lady o,I thank god for you,thank god for the strong kids too,pls if need be, (if you are really desperate to have a man over you)you should just re marry and forget about that punching bag you use to have as a husband.i am a minister of God but I won't allow you into this second horror film staring you in the face!.god will prefer you stay alive and strong divorced than you stay maimed and deformed and half dead while still attached married tagged!!
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by todaynewsreview: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
gidjah:
Pls ma'am, ignore him and let him be, they are destined to be poor all their lives.....and poor shall they be.so the parents also supported him al this while he was practicing evil karate on you0?, you must be a very strong lady o,I thank god for you,thank god for the strong kids too,pls if need be, (if you are really desperate to have a man over you)you should just re marry and forget about that punching bag you use to have as a husband.i am a minister of God but I won't allow you into this second horror film staring you in the face!.god will prefer you stay alive and strong divorced than you stay maimed and deformed and half dead while still attached married tagged!!
hmmmm
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Am sorry to say this op, but your husband will never change... And if u take him abroad.. Be ready for the worst ever.. What a pity... Another man can be a father figure to your kids , haven't u thought of that? .. If only u can see the heart of your husband? U will even warn him to stop contacting you. He can go and commit suicide if he has the strength for it.. E easy to commit suicide?.. Anyways u never suffer reach.. That's all I see. Sorry but true
Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 01, 2016
please don't accept him back.....my mother went through same stuff with my Dad.... he left her for 15 years....he came back and asked for forgiveness when my mom is doing good...I don't know his intention,maybe it's because she's leaving comfortably.my mom have houses and shops and a good business,maybe that's why he came back for forgiveness, and she accepted him
I didn't agree to it,i told her not to,i told her he should tell him to stick to his now 3rd wife but she said she has forgiven him ,well she asked him to leave, lol he came back and was shedding all sorts of tears calling various pastors to help plead.
lol I guess it's because he has nothing again, now he lives with us in my mom house and drives her cars....karma is a b**tch for real cause I can recall my mom telling me he never allowed her in his car, the only he did when he had money was to pick all his girlfriends but now she's feeding him, whenever I see him I pray to God, to give me a responsible and a man that fears and loves him not a man like my father.
I don't like my father I pray God gives me the heart to forgive him..so OP don't accept him back, thank God you are in the states you can remarry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Husband Another Chance After All These? by Loveprotocol: 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Becqueen:
please don't accept him back.....my mother went through same stuff with my Dad.... he left her for 15 years....he came back and asked for forgiveness when my mom is doing good...I don't know his intention,maybe it's because she's leaving comfortably.my mom have houses and shops and a good business,maybe that's why he came back for forgiveness, and she accepted him
I didn't agree to it,i told her not to,i told her he should tell him to stick to his now 3rd wife but she said she has forgiven him ,well she asked him to leave, lol he came back and was shedding all sorts of tears calling various pastors to help plead.
lol I guess it's because he has nothing again, now he lives with us in my mom house and drives her cars....karma is a b**tch for real cause I can recall my mom telling me he never allowed her in his car, the only he did when he had money was to pick all his girlfriends but now she's feeding him, whenever I see him I pray to God, to give me a responsible and a man that fears and loves him not a man like my father.
I don't like my father I pray God gives me the heart to forgive him..so OP don't accept him back, thank God you are in the states you can remarry
Op, listen to this advice. This person is talking from experience. A first hand one at that. You can forgive your husband and let him have access to his kids through calls and al but NEVER you consider taking him back as a husband. An old dog can't learn new tricks except he becomes a genuine born again christian. He can be a father to your children without being your husband. Don't forget the love you had for him is no more. So move on, if you find a man that can love you and be good husband and father to your kids, so be it. If not, count your blessings one by one and accept your losses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open If You're Married!! / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.