Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:37 PM

Dubai, Dubai Everyday! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai, Dubai Everyday! (14680 Views)

Free Ride To Your Office In Lagos EVERYDAY... / Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday / Dubai, Dubai, Dubai - Heaven On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
ftmom:

Lasinoh, did you stay at the Burj? That hotel is on my bucket list, do you have any recommendtions/tips about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_al-Arab

Prices of rooms vary from approximately $1,000 to $27,000 per night

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAymvMqu6Ws&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ziDpwGJQtA&feature=related[/flash]

I only had dinner there, at the Al Mahara. . .aquarium restaurant and bar for my family of 5 as a tsurprise treat, which was the cost of spending 2 nights in one of the rooms grin
I am planning the romantic getaway for 2 soon. . . ! wink
I stayed at Oasis Beach Tower Apartments. Bigger and less expensive for my family of 5. We could cook inside the Apartment too.
"The Burj" is strictly a romantic getaway for me o.
It comes highly recommended.
Go for it. kiss

Tips?

VERY IMPORTANT. . . .Call your bank to let them know you are going out of the coutry and you plan to use your credit card over there. OR YOU MAY BE BLOCKED ON SUSPICION OF FRAUD. Hmmmm! You don't wanno be embarassed there o! No it did not happen to me. . . I was not gonna take that chance. grin
Have a very 'OPEN' credit card. Unforseen charges can take you by surprise if you cannot convert from their currency.

Book ahead ONLINE. kiss
Pack light.
Dress nicely. wink
They were very nice to us. . . no discrimination. THEY SERVED US WELL. kiss

No jeans. . .you MUST have a reservation to get in. kiss

Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by icez: 12:06am On Feb 08, 2012
nice. cool
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 08, 2012
@ Lasinoh, Thanks for the info. With the pricing, def a bucket list item but God is able cool

Life should be about experiences not just making money - That's something I learnt from oyinbo people. Most of our people are yet to embrace that though. So many think the acquisition of material things is the ultimate enjoyment.
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 4:38am On Feb 09, 2012
ftmom:

@ Lasinoh, Thanks for the info. With the pricing, def a bucket list item but God is able cool

Life should be about experiences not just making money - That's something I learnt from oyinbo people. Most of our people are yet to embrace that though. So many think the acquisition of material things is the ultimate enjoyment.

You are welcome. I am racking my brains where to go next. grin

Oyinbo people will definitely teach you one thing.
How to work smart and play hard.

Africans are so saddled with waaaaaaaaay too many responsibilities to take the time to 'ENJOY' life. . . TASTEFULLY.
Always in a rush and with lack of appreciation. Family time is very important to me. There are some trips to take as couples without children. . .then those to take with your own siblings to 're-connect' especially if you live in different continents like mine. Oyinbo people are good at that. You are so right.

What is the point in making money you cannot enjoy? cheesy That is a wasted life for sure.
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 12:27am On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by willsman(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2012
I need help here. From start to finish on how to travel to Dubai. Help.
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
Plan 6 months in advance. kiss

1. Getting your visa if you need one. See list of countries that require a visa before entering the UAE. The citizens of some countries are required to get their visa at the Dubai Airport(very easy). All African countries need a visa and a sponsor.

http://www.visiting-dubai.com/2008/10/dubai-visa-requirements.html

2. Return ticket required.

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/united-arab-emirates/passport-visa

3. Book your PREPAID hotel in advance for the best bargains. More expensive with continental breakfast. I always prefer a hotel with free limo service to and from the airport. No need to rent a taxi to and from the airport. kiss

4. Do not book sight seeing tours in advance. Reason? You might change your mind. Your best bet is make a private arrangement with your sponsor or anyone you may trust from your hotel room. Usually less expensive and more private than a group, bus tour. kiss
Dubia is a big place and because of traffic. . . you might just hate your life if you are stuck in one of those nightmarish traffic jams on a week day. Best option, try sightseeing on a SUNDAY! kiss

The hotels alone are sight-seeing attractions in themselves. . .so I spend MOST OF MY TIME IN THEM. . .to enjoy the room service, bar and clubs.

5. Pick 3 most facinating areas to visit and plan to spend at least 3 hours in each. Like Dubai Mall, Palm Atlantis Club and Gold Souk! Or if you have the patience for group bus tours to drive all over Dubai, go for it. I don't have that kind of patience especially with children. kiss

6. Get a credit card open with at least $10,000 for emergencies so you are not stressed out. Call your bank or credit card comparny to let them know you are in the UAE. You may be blocked from making those charges if you fail to inform them. kiss You don't have to spend it all. . . JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND. kiss

7. Get an ETISALAT phone from the Dubai International Airport as soon as possible. . .about $50 for the SIM card and another $200 for the re-charge cards that can be shared by all members of your family since you plan to ditch the SIM card after you leave Dubai. It will save you a lot of roaming charges on your phone.  IPhones and BlackBerries are AUTOMATICALLY ROAMED. . . be careful how you text messages and answer or make calls from them. kiss
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
Even if you spend a whole month in Dubai, YOU CANNOT SEE IT ALL. kiss
For a 1-week vacation, visit 3 places and rest for 4 days. . .or your hotel room will be under-utilized Unless you are on a business trip.
For a 2-week vacation, plan to visit 5 places plus one tour around Dubai.

Be realistic and avoid depriving yourself of the much-needed rest it was meant to be planned for in the first place. kiss

http://thatsdubai.com/

No matter if you are visiting Dubai for a vacation or as an expat for a long stay, we can guide you how to get the maximum out of your visit.

There is a big difference between visiting Dubai for a holiday verses visiting for a job and staying longer (we know this because we have done both). Especially, Dubai accommodation options can save you a lot of money if chosen carefully. For an example, have a look at cheap Dubai hotels at Hotels.com and see how much you can save if you know where to look for.
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 12:07am On Feb 12, 2012
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080727045304AASsN7U

How much would a trip to Dubai cost?

[b]depending on where you are from, you might be better off booking a package. If you are not too much into that kind of traveling like I am, just book for a few nights (3 - 4) and extend the flight by the remaining days. This way, you might be able to take advantage of the low wholesale prices that tour operators pay to hotels and will pass on to you, depending on the season. You'll also be able to book a desert safari (priced at around 70 - 100 USD per pax) right through them (although you can do so from many locations here in Dubai, I'd like to suggest Net Tours or Arabian Adventures as the companies to go with) and will have a transfer from the airport included.

If you book individually like asked above, you'll pay from around 100 USD for a three star hotel to around 300 USD for a five star hotel. The market below five stars is not really very developed, you might have a hard time finding a suitable accomodation below that as international budget hotels are only in the pipeline.
Dubai very much depends on seasonality and conferences - book ahead!

With the increased inflation in place, many places have augmented their prices just recently, expect to pay around 5 USD for a capuccino, around 20 USD for fast food for two, around 30 USD for dining out in a non-licensed place (means it does not serve alcohol) and from 50 USD and up for licensed places. You should definately venture out into Karama and Bur Dubai to sample the many 'cafeterias' that are serving ethnic food from all over the world at very reasonable prices - around 5USD per dish.

Enjoy your trip!

[/b]

What ever the situation, you can NEVER enjoy a place like Dubai on your own. It has to be planned with at least 2 people. It is safer too, for there is safety in numbers ALWAYS. You can look out for each other. kiss

The more the merrier for fun memories. I make such trips a family one for the priceless memories. Always at least 5 people. cool

Doing Dubai on a budget? Very doable. kiss

http://travel.aol.com/articles/how-to-do-dubai-on-a-budget
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 12:24am On Feb 12, 2012
Private tour vs group tour? Your choice and budget. kiss

I prefer a private tour. You get to pick where YOU want to go, eat what you want to eat without suffering the inconveniences of a 'group discount'! kiss

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkv6A9llDAg[/flash]
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by Lasinoh: 12:29am On Feb 12, 2012
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-does-a-vacation-to-dubai-cost

In: Travel › Vacations

Question:
How much does a vacation to Dubai cost?
Ads by GoogleBeach Vacation Specials
www.ORBITZ.com/Packages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:
You can get airfare and four nights at the Grand Hyatt Dubai for $1289 per person.
Thanks for asking ChaCha today!
Answered - 191 days ago at 12:31pm on Aug 04 2011

Don't forget to budget another $2500 for feeding, sight-seeing, transportation and shopping AT LEAST! Just for 2.

Most conservative? $4000 dollars for 2. kiss
Re: Dubai, Dubai Everyday! by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2013

(1) (2) (3)

FAAN Headquarters On Fire (pic) / Major Power Failure At Manchester Airport Leaves Flights Grounded / 13 Steps To Pay For Your International Passport Online With N9000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.