Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. (1523 Views)

When I Was 15 , I Had An Abortion , 14 Years Later .... (Read My Shocking Story) / Ways To Tell A Girl You Like Her Without Telling Her / My Girlfriend Travelled Out Without Telling Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Talk2Bella(f): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2016
Bella please make this anonymous, I had an abortion without telling my husband.

My husband and I have been married for a very long time, more than 20 years, we have six wonderful daughters but he’s always wanted a male child, so we kept trying till we had six daughters and the doctors asked me to stop as I had complications during my last two pregnancies.

I am 47 and my husband is 54, everyone including our pastor has talked to him that a male child isn’t really important that all children are from God, but he wouldn’t accept saying his lineage will be extinguished when our girls get married.

He kept asking me to get pregnant one more time but I refused, the doctor had told me never to try it or I might die, almost a year ago, I found out I was pregnant, I didn’t know if to be happy or sad, I went to the doctor, he was disappointed and told me I didn’t value my life and the risk of older women my age getting pregnant was too much.

All I was interested in was knowing the sex of my child, after a few months, I went for scan and it was a girl, imagine my heartache, I was sad all through and in my sadness I told my doctor I wanted an abortion, I didn’t want to have any more girls, my husband wasn’t aware, I didn’t want to tell him till I was sure the baby was a boy and so there and then I did the abortion and went home like nothing happened.

I wish you know the amount of guilt I feel everyday, for months I have become a shadow of myself, I killed an unborn child and kept it a secret from my husband, how do I go about telling him, how? I know my marriage will be over immediately I open my mouth to tell him, please what do I do?

Talk2Bella.

I have always said the issue of having a “MALE” child in Africa has always been overrated and times over I have been proven right and this case is one of them.

A child is a child regardless of its gender, when will we as a people know this, a female child is a blessing from GOD so is a male child.

You obviously need to tell your husband if you don’t the guilt will eat you up, tell him about the complications the doctor warned you about and be honest with him, tell him his expectations made you do it, he wanted a male child and when you found out it wasn’t you made the decision for both of you.

Honestly what you did wasn’t wrong but the way you went about it is wrong, your health was at stake but if it was a male child you would have taken the risk of carrying the pregnancy to term, I admire your sacrifice and the risk you were willing to take but a child is a child and you should have trusted God to lead you to safety.

If you feel telling your husband will alleviate the guilt you feel then go ahead and tell him but if you feel otherwise then keep this to yourself and save your marriage.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/09/i-had-abortion-without-telling-my.html

cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2016
HUNNNMMMM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by villareal15(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2016
shocked shocked
My mood throughout the entire post.

Lalasticlala don't you think she deserves a slap?

Now playing track: Lukas Graham-Mama Said(on repeat) cool

Sent from my aging iPhone 6s(soon to be iPhone 7 plus, jet black color) tongue
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2016
You did the right thing smiley.....and make sure you keep that secret to your grave if you know what's good for your marriage kiss
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2016
villareal15:
shocked shocked
My mood throughout the entire post.

Lalasticlala don't you think she deserves a slap?

Now playing track: Lukas Graham-Mama Said(on repeat) cool

Sent from my aging iPhone 6s(soon to be iPhone 7 plus, jet black color) tongue
why does she deserve a slap? undecided
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by osaslord500(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2016
Insanity
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by orisa37: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2016
We are all sinners. God is The Judge. Christ is The Propitiation for our sins. All you require for Repentance, Peace and Righteousness always before God is Prayer without ceasing.
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
You did the right thing smiley.....and make sure you keep that secret to your grave if you know what's good for your marriage kiss

That's how I felt
But naija men will comman condemn her angry
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2016
orisa37:
We are all sinners. God is The Judge. Christ is The Propitiation for our sins. All you require for Repentance, Peace and Righteousness always before God is Prayer without ceasing.

Hmmmm embarassed
osaslord500:
Insanity

How so? undecided
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2016
Talk2Bella:

That's how I felt
But naija men will comman condemn her angry
naija men or men in general only reason with their emotions, not their head undecided
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Talk2Bella(f): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
naija men or men in general only reason with their emotions, not their head undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by orisa37: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
I like that.
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by Talk2Bella(f): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
orisa37:
I like that.

lol
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by KristaPretty(f): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2016
if you tell him, he'll even be happy that you killed the girl.useless igbo nigerian men,,,,,,,,,,,mtcheww,,,,,,,
Re: I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband. by realestniggah: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2016
clap for your sef

your reward is in heaven

[img]http://i./aLdiZJmmx4OVW.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Lingerie That Will Turn Your Man On / Things That Really Attract A Man To A Woman / A 70years Old Man Got Married To A 18years Old Girl(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.