Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee (1400 Views)

My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
I and my woman have been dating for like5 years now, we are currently doing counseling, we are cool and all and we love eachother deeply. there is one area however we are yet to fully explore, this has to do with finances, we both work and both know how much each other earns. I earn more than her and do more of the spending which is cool she also does some spending on me and buys me stuff. We also have different spending habits, she likes to take care of herself, am more of the buy only what is needed type of guy. Not stingy or a miser, but i can be prudent with money.

Now to the issue i recently noticed she is not as prudent with money as i expect, we have our wedding next month and she doesn't hv much savings, she always wants to buy and buy, its like she has this very high expectation of me. how we are going for honey moon overseas. where as me i hv other plans, Na God hand every dey. i believe we shd save and probably get a land. and not just waste it, honeymoon oversea for a week in the US wont be less than 2miliion for the both of us, that money can be used to buy a car for her.

So i got a small raise recently in the office and am nt sure i should disclose it to her, because i knw if i do, she go dey expect more, but at the same time i feel guilty cos i know she always prays for me and my job. I feel i hv an obligation to disclose every to her.

so my question is how do couples handle finance, do you do joint account or keep the finances coded.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by tellwisdom: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:
So i got a small raise recently in the office and am nt sure i should disclose it to her, because i knw if i do, she go dey expect more, but at the same time i feel guilty cos i know she always prays for me and my job. I feel i hv an obligation to disclose every to her.

You be Mugu?? , you think sey any woman fit prayer for you without anything to gain out of it?? Keep 99% of everything confidential from a woman, be it your gf/wife... For your mind now, na her prayer dey work for u. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by HARDDON: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Have an open mind in r/ship, but not so opened, ur brains fall out!
It saves alot of aches 4 her to know what u earn.

But there is a red flag here: demands.
Make sure u clear this air oooo...... women r supposed to be prudent n manage resources well , but ur own seems opposite , u must clear dis doubt b4 u marry ooo to aviod stories.
Imagine getting hooked up to a lady that no matter what money u give for upkeep, she spends it all and still go owing at ur expense!

The family shoulD hv a joint account, that is strictly for projects n each party pays in certain % of income into it every month.

Nonetheless, both should still maintain their individual accounts. A man should be able to surprise his wife with gifts as he so pleases
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Swissheart(f): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
You have to sit her down and explain everything on your mind to her. Let her know your fears concerning the family's finance. You can't keep your financial informations from her for life,so the earlier She is called to order the better for the family. Tell her there is an increase and it is going into savings.

I recommend The Book Marriage And Family Life by W.F Kumuyi.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Don't disclose it to her ooooo.
This is the best time to save and not to waste biko.
Some women don't understand that it's what comes after the marriage that matters. This is the best time to lay a solid foundation for kids yet unborn. Personally, I don't think I will accommodate more than 40 persons on my white wedding. I rather pay for a conference room for 50 guests.
Let her continue to pray, you will get a far more better promotion. Honey moon no dey finish. You guys can still travel as many times as possible to celebrate love.

On a side note.
2 million on a one week honeymoon in this recession. I be strong igbo girl proper. I go tell honey to wire the money enter my account, after which I will rewire 800k to his account, "Honey I don collect my honey moon money, the remaining na ya own, if you won ficck, my toto dey bedroom dey wait"

4 Likes

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by sam6055(m): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
disclose it to her and also tell her about your fears.. of her spending

hahahahahh

Seriously you can just communicate this with her and it will end...
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
You know the type of woman you have, it's out of anybody's place to say tell her or not. You know what is good to do...
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by McBrooklyn(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
For real?? shocked
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
LynnPetra:
Some women don't understand that it's what comes after the marriage that matters. This is the best time to lay a solid foundation for kids yet unborn. Personally, I don't think I will accommodate more than 40 persons on my white wedding. I rather pay for a conference room for 50 guests.
Let her continue to pray, you will get a far more better promotion. Honey moon no dey finish. You guys can still travel as many times as possible to celebrate love.

On a side note.
2 million on a one week honeymoon in this recession. I be strong igbo girl proper. I go tell honey to wire the money enter my account, after which I will rewire 800k to his account, "Honey I don collect my honey moon money, the remaining na ya own, if you won ficck, my toto dey bedroom dey wait"

hilarious but yea i see ur point

1 Like

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
BlackMbakara1:
You know the type of woman you have, it's out of anybody's place to say tell her or not. You know what is good to do...

am nt asking for u to tell me , am asking how do couples handle finances do they share or
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by founts(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Do not disclose to her buh let her feel the impact and Enjoy the dividend of faithfulness and loyalty in a relationship #Justsayingnoni
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by drnoel: 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
tellwisdom:

You be Mugu?? , you think sey any woman fit prayer for you without anything to gain out of it?? Keep 99% of everything confidential from a woman, be it your gf/wife... For your mind now, na her prayer dey work for u. undecided

Ur ranting was childish and uncalled for.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by drnoel: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Swissheart:
You have to sit her down and explain everything on your mind to her. Let her know your fears concerning the family's finance. You can't keep your financial informations from her for life,so the earlier She is called to order the better for the family. Tell her there is an increase and it is going into savings.

(Rolls eyes) as if one could learn life's lessons from pages of a book. Big mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by drnoel: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:
I and my woman have been dating for like5 years now, we are currently doing counseling, we are cool and all and we love eachother deeply. there is one area however we are yet to fully explore, this has to do with finances, we both work and both know how much each other earns. I earn more than her and do more of the spending which is cool she also does some spending on me and buys me stuff. We also have different spending habits, she likes to take care of herself, am more of the buy only what is needed type of guy. Not stingy or a miser, but i can be prudent with money.

Now to the issue i recently noticed she is not as prudent with money as i expect, we have our wedding next month and she doesn't hv much savings, she always wants to buy and buy, its like she has this very high expectation of me. how we are going for honey moon overseas. where as me i hv other plans, Na God hand every dey. i believe we shd save and probably get a land. and not just waste it, honeymoon oversea for a week in the US wont be less than 2miliion for the both of us, that money can be used to buy a car for her.

so my question is how do couples handle finance, do you do joint account or keep the finances coded.

No matter what excuse or answer anyone gives u na u get say. U are not mandated to disclose any shishi to her so remove that from ur mind but it would be nice you tell her just cos u want to tell her.
Another things u guys could do is open a communal account while keeping each of ur private ones and both be paying a percentage into this account. You could call it your project account. Both parties should also be signatory so that one person can't take money without the other. At the end of the day u need to have a face to face heart to heart converse with her. May God be with u as u do.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
founts:
Do not disclose to her buh let her feel the impact and Enjoy the dividend of faithfulness and loyalty in a relationship #Justsayingnoni

That what i thought of doing.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by pxDharniel(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
If she were just an ordinary girlfriend, I'd have advised you not to disclose the raise to her but since you plan to marry her then go ahead and disclose it.

You are going to enjoy more promotions in the future and you can't keep it a secret from her so just confront your fears now and let her know.

Tell her your reasons for keeping it away from her before now and that if she doesn't change you might be inclined not to be truthful to her again about your finances.

Also mention that you had a change of heart and decided to tell her because of how much you love her and help her to understand the role she would have to play in managing finances as your wife by getting her books etc

If you do this and she genuinely cares for you, I see no reason why she wouldn't change

All the best
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by founts(m): 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:

That what i thought of doing.

Yes and May God bless that thought with multiple returns. Cos the last I heard was dt yu soar higher whenever yu give. #Justsayingnoni
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:

am nt asking for u to tell me , am asking how do couples handle finances do they share or

Different couples handle theirs differently. Some share, some don't. Some maintain a joint account and contribute a percentage of their earnings to it. Others dump *.* and spend jointly. Your pick bro and goodluck!
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by jaybee3(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
You shouldn't have to withhold information for financial prosperity. That model is simply unsustainable hence why it's important for you to approach it intelligently in order to arrive at a lasting solution.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by seunny4lif(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
grin grin
Abeg no open up about your Income oooooh grin

Na iPhone 12, she go buy next
Swissheart:

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by tellwisdom: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
drnoel:

Ur ranting was childish and uncalled for.

foolish boi....Are we living the same life? Must everything be of your own taste?? sad
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by drnoel: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
tellwisdom:

foolish boi....Are we living the same life? Must everything be of your own taste?? sad

U've just made my point for me. Case closed.
Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by Funjosh(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
LynnPetra:

On a side note.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Disclose My Salary Raise To My Fiancee by lilbass01(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:

u no get sense ba? tell her na

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Here Are The 10 Ways To Get Her Thinking About You [must Read] / Nurse Sandra (18+) Season 1 Episode 15 / Mystery Behind Bed Mourns During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.