Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? (11569 Views)

Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Man Dies In A Mosque While Praying In Jordan (Photos And Video) / Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2016
As-salaam alaykum, I was asked a question, and I thought it might be useful posting and answering it here, its about praying with a cloth on which perfume that is alcoholic had been applied, here is it;

Salam, is it good to be using perfume as we know that it contained elthanol

Wa alaykum salaam! I am assuming you know that believing women are not allowed to wear perfume outside their homes. Alcohol is impermissible if and only if the consumer has the intention of drinking it, anything other than that, is permissible, by implication perfumes made from alcohol are permissible for usage since it cant be drunk.

and can somebody use cloth with such perfume to observe solat.

yes you can pray with it(low or high concentration), you have to note that, all najis(unclean) things are haraam but not all things that are haraam constitutes of najis(unclean) things, pure Alcohol is clean(but haraam for drinking) so the perfume made from it is also clean, and Allaah accept things that are clean.

And Allaah knows best.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by MrOlai: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
^^ Fatwa grin grin grin

Jazakallahu khaeran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
MrOlai:
^^ Fatwa grin grin grin

grin grin Lol, it's based on evidence

Jazakallahu khaeran

was ant fajazakAllaah khaira!

3 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Empiree: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
MUSK is better

Better to stay away from those perfumes sold at supermarkets or Made In Paris stuff

2 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2016
^^ And its cheap too......

1 Like

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by autofreak2020(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2016
It is not allowed.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2016
Jumma Mubarak everyone.

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Magnitki: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2016
autofreak2020:
It is not allowed.

Reference from Quran or Hadiths
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
autofreak2020:
It is not allowed.

Its permissible.... Ive explained that in the op.

1 Like

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by braining01: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Jazakumllahu khairan
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by yeman05(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2016
Allahu Allam
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by shawl: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2016
You got it wrong bruv.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:
You got it wrong bruv.

You could tell us why with evidences.

1 Like

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by distinguished1(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcohol in perfume is scientific, based on the formula.
Can you drink it? If you drink substantial amount of it will that intoxicate you?
If the answers to that is in the non-affirmative, Ya Akhii, alcohol in perfume isn't an intoxicant. Hence, no cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by shawl: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You could tell us why with evidences.

Not only is the consumption of alcohol is forbidden but also coming into contact with it.

I assume you know that already if indeed you had confidence to give judgement about alcohol in the first place.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

Not only is the consumption of alcohol is forbidden but also coming into contact with it.

I assume you know that already if indeed you had confidence to give judgement about alcohol in the first place.

Hmm, how about the alcohol used on wounds?

As far as i know, prohibition is for drinking........you can provide proof that suggests otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by distinguished1(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
autofreak2020:
It is not allowed.
Hujja please......
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by akinlaso(m): 11:58am On Sep 23, 2016
IT IS NOT PERMISSIBLE To USE IT TALKLESS OF PRAYING WITH IT
Allah says in Hadith qudsii
إن الله لم يجعل شفاءكم من ما حرم عليكم
he Allah doesn't put your cure in what he has forbidden for you

would you apply palm wine to your body for high temperature and say it's permissible because you didn't drink it?

the same thing applies to alcoholic perfumes
and besides he prophet doesn't you alcoholic perfumes
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by shawl: 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Hmm, how about the alcohol used on wounds?

As far as i know, prohibition is for drinking........you can provide proof that suggests otherwise.

That is warranted by a condition, darurat.

It is not an intentional coming into contact with it.

I am sure you are well aware of the ahadith prohibiting consumption as well as coming into contact with it. But I can see you are given to argument. It is the disease of the age.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
akinlaso:
IT IS NOT PERMISSIBLE To USE IT TALKLESS OF PRAYING WITH IT
Allah says in Hadith qudsii
إن الله لم يجعل شفاءكم من ما حرم عليكم
he Allah doesn't put your cure in what he has forbidden for you

would you apply palm wine to your body for high temperature and say it's permissible because you didn't drink it?

the same thing applies to alcoholic perfumes
and besides he prophet doesn't you alcoholic perfumes

What are the things that invalidates salaah? If you answer that, probably you'll understand the op.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by modskiller(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
Which one is it now,

is it Good or Bad to use perfumes abeg, this is quite confusing.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by mrteee: 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

I am sure you are well aware of the ahadith prohibiting consumption as well as coming into contact with it. But I can see you are given to argument. It is the disease of the age.

Your last sentence was unnecessary. You don't have to take offence or take digs at others in this type of conversation. Islamic judgements are given based on sufficient evidences, which should be elucidated to the people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

I am sure you are well aware of the ahadith prohibiting consumption as well as coming into contact with it.

I read opinions of scholars on the issue before answering the question, i still state again, alcohol is haraam if the intention is for drinking(even if its little),

Ok, does alcohol on the body invalidates salaah?

But I can see you are given to argument. It is the disease of the age.

This is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by noida: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
It is not haram but it is better to avoid it.

1 Like

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
noida:
It is not haram but it is better to avoid it.

Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

What was prohibited are intoxicants, does applying the perfume intoxicates you?
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by realmindz: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
" I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion ."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh ."

Yes, I'm Muslim and believe all of the above

I believe that someday, Men shall be free to speak about any religion without any fear and intimidation.

Allamdulilah
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lol
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by shawl: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ok, does alcohol on the body invalidates salaah?

Yes it does. As far as you are aware it is on you before entering into salah and there is no darura constraining it on you. This is because alcoholic consumption as well as its handling is prohibited.

lexiconkabir:

What was prohibited are intoxicants, does applying the perfume intoxicates you?

The messenger of Allah, saw, knew that the people who handle intoxicants do not get intoxicated by it, yet he has prohibited us from handling it.

lexiconkabir:

This is not necessary.

I am sorry if you are offended by that. But that is the reality of Islam and muslims today.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by shawl: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

The messenger of Allah, saw, knew that the people who handle intoxicants do not get intoxicated by it, yet he has prohibited us from handling it.

And this is irrespective of the amount of alcoholic content in the perfume. Take note.
Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

Yes it does. As far as you are aware it is on you before entering into salah and there is no darura constraining it on you. This is because alcoholic consumption as well as its handling is prohibited.

Is alcohol impure(najis)?

You are having a different understanding of the hadith, the keyword there is "DRINKING", thr prohibition is based on drinking, this has been the understanding.

3 Likes

Re: Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
shawl:

And this is irrespective of the amount of alcoholic content in the perfume. Take note.

I tried to see if i can find a similar fatwa on the issue, and i found this;

Question:

Does using perfumes that contain alcohol interfere with the validity of the prayer?.

Shaykh munajid replies:

Praise be to Allaah.
There is nothing wrong with using alcohol-based perfumes on the body and on clothes, and that does not affect the validity of the prayer. The scholars differed as to the nature of the impurity (najaasah) of alcohol: is it physical or metaphorical?

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said when he was asked about the impurity of alcohol and cologne:

The basic principle is that things are pure (taahir) unless there is evidence to indicate that they are impure (najis). When there is no evidence to indicate that something is impure, then the basic principle is that it is pure. But it is evil (khabeeth) in a practical and metaphorical sense. However, the fact that a thing is forbidden does not necessarily mean that it is impure. Do you not see that poison is haraam but it is not najis (impure)? Everything that is najis is haraam, but nor everything that is haraam is najis.

Based on that, we say concerning cologne and similar things: they are not najis, because alcohol in and of itself is not najis. There is evidence for the opinion that we have mentioned, so cologne and similar things are not najis either, and as they are not najis, the clothing does not have to be purified from them. End quote.

Majmoo‘ Fataawa al-Shaykh al-‘Uthaymeen, 11/252

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen was also asked:

If it is proven that a perfume contains alcohol, can a person put it on his clothing and go out to pray?

He answered:

It should be noted that pure alcohol is not najis and it does not have to be washed from the clothing or the body. Once you understand that, you will know that perfumes that contain alcohol, even if the ratio is high, are not najis. End quote.

Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, 176, question no. 4

https://islamqa.info/en/164448

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evils Of Music / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! / "My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.