Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos (26364 Views)

Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) / Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari’s Expected Presence At FEC / Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
xynerise:

What is happening there?
they do attack houses close to the swamps, they kidnapped some five persons less than a month ago, only 2 has been released thus far, no report on three others, they do come out to rob also, i heard same news about ijedodo also, me dey fear to go see my love ones at home now, the last time i went home, people now turn off gen at 9:30/10pm, you get nervous when you see a strage face, you cant send kids on errand with rest of mind, there are soldiers there but not enough, they are only at the entrance, none at the riverine areas
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by Akinaukwa: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
Misleading stories don dey full nairaland oh!
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by deolu2000(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
passyhansome:
[b]Becos an Oba was kidnapped then Armoured cars were deployed, if it was a mere tax paying citizen nobody will care except the family, WHAT A COUNTRY WITH UNFORTUNATE LEADERS WE FIND OURSELF/b]
my broda, only principal assests are of any importance to the govt. In this country, the citizens to them are too many and have countless substitutes in value, if their is any value at all.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by Rhymez(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
Akinaukwa:
Misleading stories don dey full nairaland oh!

How is this misleading? undecided
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by abdulhosni619(m): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Yomieluv:
so one armoured tank is now the definition of heavy presence?

Nawa o.. We'll, to be forewarned, is to be forearmed..

Na wetin I see ooo....i tire for this OP
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by WhoIBe: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
xynerise:

He said 5 armoured Carriers.

He just took photo of one.

okay,
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
xynerise:

Full meaning of APC, please? No be everybody go military school grin

Thank God for this news. Kudos to Nigeria Army
Armoured personnel Carrier
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by Adminisher: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
next time that's an APC not a tank
...and it is not even sophisticated.
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by illuminaty(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
The op doesn't even know the MAIN reason for the military presence in the area....I Live there presently and i"ll tell you sometime last week or 2 wasn't funny at all.this has nothing to do with the OBA of iba or kidnapping...it has to do with militants shooting and killing a federal sars point blank range after a routine check around the area...both parties engaged in a gun battle that spanned over 30minz where the sars guy was shot in the head and died instantly. This lead to the intervention of the military following threats by the militants that they will be coming back that same night to kill the residents(both landlords and tenants) of the area because the feel the people of the area went to report them and their evil activities to the police...the military immediately swopped in and peace has returned to the area,infact the soldiers have been mandated to stay with us for as long as possible.
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by illuminaty(m): 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2016
And mbok,my place is MONKEY VILLAGE....we are proud of the name...no need changing it to NEW HEAVEN.there is nothing heavely about a place that has a faulty transformer and a water logged road....no single government intervention here when it comes to social amenities!
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by iukpe: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
MILFangela:
APC = Armoured Personel Carrier

so the ruling party is............ lipsrsealed
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by mikolo80: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Icecomrade:

How many soldiers have been deployed to locations, towns villages been destroyed by Fulani Herdsmen?

Are they so insignificant?

yep
Re: Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Adminisher:

...and it is not even sophisticated.
na u sabi oga grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Largest-Ever Container Vessel To Visit Nigeria Berths At Lekki Port / Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / FG Appoints Okhiria, MD Of Nigeria Railway Corporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.