Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,829 members, 7,837,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Buharecession: Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buharecession: Thoughts (327 Views)

Four Quick Thoughts On The Zamfara Massacre By Farooq Kperogi / I Need Your Thoughts, Are We Headed Towards A Population Crisis? / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buharecession: Thoughts by MakeWeVote: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
By Dayo.w.king

It came to my attention from watching the news and listening to the broadcasts the prevailing dilemma that has hit the country. I’m not talking about the change. That is a dying topic. I am not talking about the unpaid salaries of workers for that have been killing people for so long as well. Not the Bokoharam, the Niger delta avengers, the fuel hikes, the downsizing of companies and the irrational unemployment situation as millions even join the field. All these are of course stories but old ones. What I am referring to is close to what you all know. People are now getting arrested for exercising their freedom to name pets. Well, as funny as it might sound, it is real.

During the past administration which is still fresh in our brains, many named their newly born children Jonathan. This is not a surprise. Everyone likes good thing. Some even started a school in their backyard and named it Jonathan nursery and primary schools. The truth is people will always want to be a part of something irrespective of how they show it. When something goes bad, reactions of the people is to be expected, when it goes the other way, people will react as well. But then, reactions can either be positive or negative, depends on the prevailing circumstances.

We all can still remember the promises of how beloved President M. Buhari when he was campaigning to enter the office. We remember every sweet words, and although we didn’t ask him to say all those things he said. He said them anyway and won our hearts. We all celebrated in our various capacities when he finally entered the office as we expected things to be better. Now, the words in the street will qualify our president as confused. That he planned to win the election and not to rule. Mr. President, which is it?

The people are suffering, people are dying and the country is on the verge of extinction. Although we are strong, but even the mighty ones do fall. Our cracked walls of unity are starting to crumble down. It is not a good idea in the Yoruba land to compare children to one another to expose their shortcomings. But one needs to in order to encourage the other. Shebi… Yar’adua was your brother who lives in your backyard. He was your younger brother in age, your junior in experience and far below you in everything. Yet in his very few months in office, look at what he achieved. Let us forget the excuses, take the blames and move forward.

I cannot sit in your chair for a day without getting sick. I dare not wear your shoes for an hour without journeying to my creator. Sincerely, discharging the duties placed on your shoulders is not an easy task. Governing the affairs of over a hundred million citizens has no equal. But then, you fought to do it for donkey years. You didn’t relent your efforts and finally now, you are where you wanted to be after over a decade of attempts, but is this what you planned to achieve all along?

Sai’ Baba was a common term on the lips of every citizen of the country when we voted you in. One can even get a free bucket of Gari in the market on mentioning the word. Not anymore, mentioning it will send someone to the sick bed. A bucket of gari now costs a minimum of 700 naira, a Congo of rice now 600 and beans going for 500 naira. Exchange rates can’t even be determined, black markets is on the rise. The three basic necessities for man to survive are now the bane of man’s existence. The recession we face is nothing but the one we caused by ourselves. The recession that has sent many to their grave and many are even about to follow. The question is, how many more must follow before you finally make things right, Mr. President? When??
Re: Buharecession: Thoughts by MakeWeVote: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Votes count

Blessing in disguise: 0%
Na curse oh: 0%
There's light at the end of the tunnel: 50%
Abeg, I no get arrested! : 50%

To vote or create your free poll, visit Makewevote.com grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why We Are Fighting Corruption Headlong – Buhari / Call For Peace In N/delta: NANS Willing To Partner The Federal Govt. / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place To Live Without Buhari; PDP Chieftain On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.