Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria (18207 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Departs Nigeria For Germany On Air Ambulance / Latest Ship Acquired By Nigeria Navy Which Left China On Sept 15 Arrives Nigeria / President Buhari Departs Nigeria For China On A Weeklong Official Visit (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by tdayof(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by tdayof(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
XaintJoel20:
I am not no trying to be a pessimist, why China?
Why didn't NN opt for a country that is well advanced in building of warships?
I am always skeptical with products that come out of China.

Will NN Unity stand the test of time?
Events in the coming days will prove me right or wrong.

Nobody should vilify me over my opinion.

Did you read what you typed? Get your facts well China isn't a novice when it comes to warship
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by emmadubai(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wer pictures
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
Once a satellite built by the Chinese for Nigeria ended up dead in space. Today,a malfunctioning Chinese space station is on course to hit earth. I hope our business romance with China doesn't turn sour grapes for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by XaintJoel20: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
tdayof:

Did you read what you typed? Get your facts well China isn't a novice when it comes to warship
China is not even a match for Japan when it comes to naval might. There are well over ten countries than are well more advanced than China when it comes to naval strength and building of warships. I have my facts.
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
XaintJoel20:

China is not even a match for Japan when it comes to naval might. There are well over ten countries than are well more advanced than China when it comes to naval strength and building of warships. I have my facts.

You have been visiting the military threads for months, yet you still make comments that an ordinary novice should make.

CSOC is one of the world's largest shipbuilders. They are currently building 2 Chinese Aircraft carriers. You have no facts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by XaintJoel20: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Henry240:

You have been visiting the military threads for months, yet you still make comments that an ordinary novice should make.

CSOC is one of the world's largest shipbuilders. They are currently building 2 Chinese Aircraft carriers. You have no facts.
You said "one of world's largest shipbuilders". But there is something I would have love you to add, the position of China in World ranking. Till Next year, Japan still maintain the lead as the best in naval and air power in the Far East. France, USA, Britain, are well ahead of China when it comes to shipbuilding.
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
XaintJoel20:

You said "one of world's largest shipbuilders". But there is something I would have love you to add, the position of China in World ranking. Till Next year, Japan still maintain the lead as the best in naval and air power in the Far East. France, USA, Britain, are well ahead of China when it comes to shipbuilding.

There are parameters used in military rankings. You cannot say for certain in all parameters a shipbuilder is higher than the other.

Some of the countries listed are not well ahead of China. Take China for example, so far this year they have inducted 27 ships into PLAN service. That is a build up which eclipses both Japan, France and Britain.

So along with Britain (BAE systems), France(DCNS), Russia (United Shipbuilding), Japan, Germany, China state owned ship builders rank amongst the top.

Strategically we purchase ships from China because of the cost benefits, non-political interference, sanction free, Transfer of technology benefits we get from the Chinese.

The OPVs ordered from China are a mix of Chinese and Western systems. The MTU engine is from Germany, the Thompson Radar is from Britain, and we still get TOT. It is a coup, and provides high value for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by XaintJoel20: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
Henry240:

There are parameters used in military rankings. You cannot say for certain in all parameters a shipbuilder is higher than the other.

Some of the countries listed are not well ahead of China. Take China for example, so far this year they have inducted 27 ships into PLAN service. That is a build up which eclipses both Japan, France and Britain.

So along with Britain (BAE systems), France(DCNS), Russia (United Shipbuilding), Japan, Germany, China state owned ship builders rank amongst the top.

Strategically we purchase ships from China because of the cost benefits, non-political interference, sanction free, Transfer of technology benefits we get from the Chinese.

The OPVs ordered from China are a mix of Chinese and Western systems. The MTU engine is from Germany, the Thompson Radar is from Britain, and we still get TOT. It is a coup, and provides high value for Nigeria.
Thanks for your insightful analysis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
They Have Money For War But Can't Feed The Poor. - Tupac
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
Cool!!
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by princemillla(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
mengho:

Well most Chinko products are known for being extremely fake & VERY CHEAP, I just hope this ship won't follow that pattern

That's wrong sir. China produce products that are far better. It's all depend on the standard you bargained for. China produce virtually all phones and some of them get assembled in other various country. Befor time, they are the sole country that builds most electronic for united state. Nut then they maintain a very high standard for all their gadgets. But come to nigeria. Out of selfishness, some igbo man will travel to china to import those u consider as not lasting gadgets etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by cuteboy2: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
naptu2:
NNS Unity (F92)

Fake news from Lai Muhammed's hat of lies. This picture was taken from 12th January 2014. see bottom right of the picture. Google picture.

If indeed the picture is NNS, then it means this navy boat was bought by Jonathan's administration, and newly constructed as Buhari's propaganda machinery will have us believe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:42am On Sep 22, 2016
tanteta:
Good for Nigeria
Yes oooo
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by pedel: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Not everything made in China is fake or inferior. Those made in China junks You See on the roads and shops all over the country were made to the specification of the money hungry importers who brought them into the country.
Blame the government who refuse to test the quality of products being imported into the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Cant show the pics least Tompolo collects the boat. cool
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by fashrola(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Keneking:
Pictures or Adonbelivit sad

- "...and on her way to join the Nigerian Navy fleet" Wish her safe journey? Which man would be bringing her home?

" enroute Nigeria will pay ‘port calls’ on some ports of friendly nations before arriving Nigeria" Why would she pay calls to other ports when Nigeria is waiting? Is that how she would be flirting?

" arrive Nigeria in the first week of November 2016." So she would flirt from now to November shocked

This government sef angry

* Using 'she' is simply how the English language works with ships. This is just the way it is. There is no female repression involved... it has been used for ages.

* It's normal for a ship to visits other ports while on a voyage and the reasons includes:

1. Victualing (Food and water provisions for crew onboard)
2. Fuel Oil Bunkering
3. Medical for a very sick crew (In a very serious case)
4. Machinery maintenance (some machinery might break down while on voyage and may need the vessel to be at port for repairs and services)
5. To discharge cargoes (in a case of a container or general cargo ships, tankers and LNG ships)
6. To discharge sewage or dirty oil (in a case of a small vessel whose retention tank or bilge holding capacity is not large)

*From China to Nigeria takes weeks depending the knots of the vessel is making and the sea condition too.

60% of ships (PSV, AHTS, Tug boats in Nigeria coastal water are constructed in China)
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by fashrola(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2016
XaintJoel20:

There's a great difference between a WARSHIP and a PATROL VESSEL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by fashrola(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2016
pedel:

Not everything made in China is fake or inferior. Those made in China junks You See on the roads and shops all over the country were made to the specification of the money hungry importers who brought them into the country.
Blame the government who refuse to test the quality of products being imported into the country.

When it comes to shipbuilding there's a standard procedure from laying of the keel till the finished product..

There are classification societies like ABS, Bureau Veritas, Nippon, Lloyd's register that makes sure the ship builder follows the standard while building a ship and their supervisor is always present till the end of construction of the ship and during the sea trial too.

Building a ship in China does not make it inferior... cos in China there are lot of shipyards owned by Norwegian, Dutch, German companies... like Damen Shipyards in China

Even South Africa builds ships too (I know you are surprised)

People may ask why Nigerians choose to build their ships in China..

Well some Oil Moguls choose to construct their ships in China due to nature of contract (might be short term)

Why would I build my ship in Norway that might cost me up to $600m when I can build that same ship and quality in China for $400m and recoup my investment and still make more profits within the short term of my contract. That's why in Nigeria coastal water almost 60% of ships are build in China or Singapore and are all durable.

But the machinery are not from China though... a China-build vessel might be carrying a Wartsila Main engine and a caterpillar generator and other different brands for ancillary

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually / Cash Transfer: Some Nigerians Haven’t Seen ₦5,000 Before - Sadiya Farouk / Landlord Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Two Daughters Of Tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.