Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Salsa Dance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Salsa Dance (899 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salsa Dance by ipledge10(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Salsa dance is a popular social dance which became popular in New York City in the early 70s with strong influences from Latin America, particularly Puerto Rico, Colombia, and Cuba. Today Salsa Dance is a worldwide phenomenon thrilling both club and professional dancers.

The word "salsa" literally means sauce, which indicates the mixing of various ingredients to obtain a new and rich sauce, this can be noticed in the dance itself as Salsa is a mix of various stepping to create a beautiful dance. Salsa dance as a term refers to a variety of Hispanic musical styles: Rhumba, Són, Són Montuno, Danzón, Guaracha, Mambo, Guguanco, Cubop, Cha Cha Cha, Guajira, Charanga, Cumbia, Plena, Festejo, Merengue , Bomba among others.

Due to this mix it can therefore be concluded that not one single culture or group of people can take the credit for the emergence of Salsa dance.

When talking about the histoy of Salsa dance it is a bit difficult to pinpoints its actual origin though, Salsa dance has some roots in Cuba, where the African rhythms brought there by slaves mixed with various forms of popular Spanish music, that resulted in a number of different styles.

Salsa dance spread from New York City to Cuba and Puerto Rico where it continued its development and evolution, this spread produced possibly the best salsa musicians and dancers in the world. Salsa dancers followed along with the development of salsa dance, adding more moves depending on their experience and professionalism. Some salsa styles are very fast, almost frenetic, with whirling moves, while others seem more relaxed and sensual with elements of Argentine tango or slow rhumba in them.

This spread of the Salsa dance across the Caribbean also initiated a 2 way cultural exchange between the Caribbean and the States which is very much alive till date.

This gives a clear image of salsa as an international dance which exploded far beyond its original roots in the 'Caribbean' borders. Top bands nowadays from Puerto Rico as well as Senegal Japan, Senegal, France and even Finland dance Salsa.

Salsa competitions are at times won by 'western' and even Asian dancers showing the global popularity of the dance. This is nothing but a natural result of the widespread development of any form of art.

Just like a tree Salsa Dance has many roots and many branches, but a single trunk which unites them. The important thing about the dance is that Salsa is played throughout the Hispanic world and has received influences of many places within it. Salsa dance is of us all and it is a sample of our flexibility and evolution

source: www.instaculture.com

1 Share

Re: Salsa Dance by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
cheesy cheesy so dis ur own entertainment section right?u don join burnt indomie hair gang. shocked shocked
Re: Salsa Dance by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Av always wanted to learn the salsa..looks Intresting smiley
Re: Salsa Dance by AngelAhnie(f): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Mind teaching me?
Re: Salsa Dance by ipledge10(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Jarizod:
Av always wanted to learn the salsa..looks Intresting smiley
its nice...I joined salsa mazon club last semester... I enjoyed every program
Re: Salsa Dance by ipledge10(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Mind teaching me?
yea sure...I am good teacher

Cc lalasticala please help me move this front page
Re: Salsa Dance by ipledge10(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
prettythicksme:
cheesy cheesy so dis ur own entertainment section right?u don join burnt indomie hair gang. shocked shocked
i like it here tongue
Re: Salsa Dance by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
ipledge10:
its nice...I joined salsa mazon club last semester... I enjoyed every program
wow..sounds nice..

might prolly try to do same b4 the year runs out.
Re: Salsa Dance by ipledge10(m): 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
Jarizod:
wow..sounds nice..

might prolly try to do same b4 the year runs out.
You will enjoy it... Dancing with beutiful Latina gals was my favorite part grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salsa Dance by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
ipledge10:
You will enjoy it... Dancing with beutiful Latina gals was my favorite part grin
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Revenge Your Ex / ??? / Ibgo Ladies Better Than Yoruba Ladies? photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.